What Are Your Favorite Supports in the Game and Why? (Romantic, Platonic, or Family)

Lucina/Laurent: My favorite pairing in Awakening. The two have similar personalities in a "No Fun Club" kinda way. The S-Support was written well in an attachment to the A and flows nicely. This pair clearly could rewrite fate with Laurent's smarts and Lucina's wits.

F!Morgan/Laurent: Tomestackers! I love these two, and the support is cute and playful and shows Laurent in a less serious light. My M!MU approves of his daughter's husband.

Brady/Cynthia: I found all of Brady's gestures toward keeping Cynthia safe adorable. Sure, it may have been fueled by a crush, but I find the dynamic so cute. A scary priest and a bubbly flier? Also, their ending was cute.

Nah/Yarne: Nah's best support hands down. M!Morgan's with her's is fantastic, but I feel like this one always shines for me. Nah is the root of some pretty bad supports (Inigo, Laurent, Gerome S-Support, while the rest of the supports are humorous), and she really shines in this one. Not to mention how it really has Yarne get one leg over the fence that is his anxieties, unlike most of the others which just has Yarne's wife vow to protect him. 

Stahl/Cordelia: Makes a fantastic Severa, born out of fantastic love. Cordelia finally isn't just a Chrom obsessor, and it shows a musical side to her. Stahl trying to impress Cordelia since the C and B support really hammers this support down as one of my absolute favorite pairs, since it flows so well into the S Support.

Lon'qu/Panne: Two serious people. Lon'qu is afraid of women, and Panne has a distaste toward humans. The dynamic and chemistry they have due to matching personalities hindered only due to fear/dislike, made for a really interesting conversation. Lon'qu promising to make Panne Feroxi tea every morning really got me...........

Frederick/Lissa: Such an interesting and lighthearted support, but done so well. These two didn't need to improve their relationship that much. They've known each other for a while, unlike how most supports are between people who only met because they're Shepherds. They didn't really need a serious support, and I couldn't imagine a better support for this couple.

-

Lucina/SIBLING: Really world-building and throws a lot at us with Chrom's lines at the end of the A support. The fact that the dialogue can really match M!Morgan/Inigo/Cynthia's personalities works so well since everyone finds these three to be the best pairings. The B support is really sweet and tear-jerking.

Laurent/FATHER: Expands upon Laurent's past and shows why he's so much older than the others and why he watches out for his father and friends even more now. I used to not do the sibling/parent supports, but after completing all of them, I found this one to be high up there.

Inigo/FATHER: Almost the same as Laurent's. Explains why he's such a happy-go-lucky flirt and gives us serious Inigo.

Nowi/Tharja: Shows how Tharja can actually be a very nice person. Very basic "both people improve themselves from this support".

Tiki/Say'ri: I'm glad that these two got to support each other, due to how much they can impact the story in Awakening's latter half. Very basic support where Say'ri watches over Tiki and confesses to her how much she respects her.... The A support............. girlfriends

Edited by underthedorktree
adding on to my original statement and adding reasonings

While I haven't read the entire chain I did personally like Niles's and Elise's C support. He felt like an older brother looking out for his ditzy younger sibling.

Edited by redlight

Romantic: Frederick x female Robin, Stahl x Cordelia, Gaius x Maribelle, Donnel x Lissa, Lon'qu x Cherche

Platonic: Freddy/Lissa, Freddy/Chrom, Freddy/Henry, Freddy/Maribelle, Gregor/Cherche

Yeah, of course I'd list a lot of Frederick supports. lol I'm a fangirl. 😛

Edited by Anacybele

There's so many romantic supports in this game produced with a quantity-over-quality mindset and so many bad and cringy ones, I have to respect the ones that turned out good + produce what in the end feels like a genuine romantic interest despite that mindset.

With that being said:  Nowi/Vaike's support chain is one that has always stood out to me.

Particularly because its so easy to go full cringe with Nowi S-supports; seeing one well done and respectfully handled just makes it all the more that impressive.

Like they actually addressed the 800 lb. gorilla in the room:  in the span of a human life time, Vaike is going to grow old and die. Nowi won't. Being together means that to what to her is going to feel like a blink of an eye, she's going to watch his life fade away and bury him.

And before you even get to   this comes out in their A Support  

Nowi
*Siiiiiigh*

Vaike
Aw, come on! You're too young and pretty to be mopin' like this!

Nowi
Vaike, I'm older than you. ...MUCH older.

Vaike
Yeah, I know. But you're still a kid at heart, right? Anyway, what's the matter? Another scary dream?

Nowi
The thing is, Vaike, I really like you. And that makes me sad. *Sniff* Because it means I'm really gonna miss you when you're gone!

Vaike
Hey, don't bury me yet! And besides, you'll be helpin' me with my dream. It's like havin' me right there!

Nowi
I promised to do that, and I will. But it's going to be so awful and sad and...and lonely without you. And then everyone else is gonna go away and...and... WAAAAAAAAAH!

Vaike
H-hey now! Don't start cryin', Nowi! I ain't goin' nowhere.

Nowi
P-promise? *sniff*

Vaike
I guarantee it! So wipe away those tears, and let's start enjoyin' the day!

Nowi
Th-thanks, Vaike. I feel better.

Vaike
Har har! That's more like it!

^^^
That's better S-Support dialogue than most of the games actual S-Support dialogue. At [A].

Then when you get to S it feels right, because it isn't just coming completely out of left field--its actually building on whats already feeling like a pretty solid foundation at [A]

...which is what all S-Chains should do...but again...awakening went quantity-over-quality...

And again--the fact that they did that with a character whose so easy to right badly and with a character attribute that so often comes across as cringy (i.e. the whole manakete aging thing) and did it tastefully + with real heart really makes that one stand out to me 

Edited by Shoblongoo

2 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Tiki/Nowi

I'm going to assume you mean Tiki/Nah? Tiki and Nowi don't support.

Anyway, I really enjoy Tharja's Supports with Nowi and Kellam, as both show a nicer side to her you don't see much.

1 minute ago, Michelaar said:

I'm going to assume you mean Tiki/Nah? Tiki and Nowi don't support.

Yeah they do. They become good friends. They even say so in Heroes. I remember part of the conversations too. They talk about looking at the stars at night and how doing so makes Tiki feel better about all her dead friends in the end.

Edited by Anacybele

7 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah they do. They become good friends. They even say so in Heroes. I remember part of the conversations too. They talk about looking at the stars at night and how doing so makes Tiki feel better about all her dead friends in the end.

You are talking about their harvest scramble DLC conversation. All of their supports are on this site, and Nowi isn't one of them. (She supports with Robin, Lucina, Say'Ri, Anna and Nah.)

Just now, Michelaar said:

You are talking about their harvest scramble DLC conversation. All of their supports are on this site, and Nowi isn't one of them. (She supports with Robin, Lucina, Say'Ri, Anna and Nah.)

Weird, I could swear it was a support conversation. Well, whatevs then, I'll take it off my post.

Frederick x Virion rocks. Great dialogue and characterization. You could see each of these conversations serving as scenes in a play. And no character gimmicks at the forefront!

Olivia x Maribelle has a funny twist, but thinking further on it, it makes no sense. To believe that's how it ends you'd have to believe Maribelle knows almost nothing about courtship which is an enormous error even with what we know within just this support chain. With less sloppy writing you could get around this error. Instead of Maribelle doing the faulty research, have Olivia get bad advice on picking up women from her fellow soldiers who she already established she has an easy time talking to.

Pretty much all of Severa’s supports bar maybe the one she has with Kjelle. Like honestly I do not believe she has a single bad support chain. Out of all of them her Father support in particular stands out because of what it does for her character. It’s one of the few supports she has that have her abrasive walls fully fall apart and it’s so refreshing to see her true thoughts and the kind of person she truly is. That support really just shows that she is a hard worker but she messes up a lot and that makes her feel worthless due to the comparisons other people and herself have drawn with her and her mother. She just wants to live happily with her parents but she feels they don’t love her so she feels needs to manipulate them to get that. Man I just love that girl. 

Edited by Ottservia

Off the top of my head... (Might add more when I review the supports I've unlocked for the game)

Romantic:

Panne x Stahl: Admittedly one that does more for Stahl than Panne, but this is still my favorite support chain in the entire game. Their A-support made me got a long, hard laugh out of me the first time I saw it, and I still find it humorous to reread. Their S-support, however, legitimately caught me off guard, and I'm still impressed by it. In a conversation chain about finding something for Panne to eat, Stahl revealed that he was using that time both to get to know Panne better as a person and to get her to socialize more. His proposal shows that he truly did get to know her, as he acknowledged that there would be diplomatic consequences from their marriage and he was prepared to face them (something that surprisingly isn't acknowledged much in the other S-supports. Only Gaius comes close due to his new interest in Taguel culture), but he was marrying her first and foremost out of love. I'm not joking when I say that this support escalated Stahl to the spot of being my favorite character in Fire Emblem.

Panne x Gaius: The first half is humorous, the second half has a nice change in direction with Gaius becoming legitimately interested in taguel culture. While I do see this as a missed opportunity, given how much we could have learned if this change happened earlier (especially since it's a bit of a pain otherwise to find that lore), I still like how Gaius's interests took a turn from nabbing some sweet fruit to learning more about the person who was saving him, and we do get a few neat details near the end. If there was more than four support levels, then we could have gotten a lot more information and development, but I enjoy it as is regardless.

Kellam x Miriel: One of the less grandiose S-supports in the game, but that works to its advantage. There's not a huge declaration of love from either side, just a mutual realization that they both love each other, which isn't seen much in the game and is a nice change of pace. It helps that it both builds off of the A-support and it results in one of the gentler "Kellam is forgotten by history" endings.

F!Robin x Kellam: Kellam is remembered, and thus is an automatic win.

Lucina x Laurent: The S-support can be seen from a mile away, but it still uses the cliche well. The two work together without issue, their personalities are similar in a good way, and I get the sense that Laurent is one of the few people Chrom would trust with marrying his daughter (granted, that could be because I find Chrom recruiting Laurent to be the best recruitment conversation in the game, but still).

Platonic:

Stahl and Kellam and Donnel: I love seeing these guys interact with one another, and I really wish that they had a three way support.

Laurent and Miriel: I love seeing these two speak, and nothing is dumbed down to the audience (which, granted, the game was pretty good at making it clear what Miriel was talking about without making it seem like the player is an idiot)

Chrom and M!Robin: Just an overall good conversation that acknowledges both sides of their argument while reaching a nice mutual agreement. It's not hard to see why people find this chain to be superior to Chrom and Female Robins support conversation.

• 2 weeks later...

I love pretty much every Brady support! Like you said, his supports with Cynthia are adorable. I'm really partial to Brady/Noire's support chains, though. They've been friends since childhood, and they're very sweet with each other. Their supports really feel like they're building off of an existing friendship/crush, which I love. 

And like you said - Say'ri and Tiki are so good. If only we could have gotten an S support for them...

I've also got a soft spot for Gregor/Miriel! I really didn't expect to like it - I think I just paired them up because there weren't many people left, but they were nice together! Gregor really helps ground her. Plus they actually seem like they're in each other's age range.

Laurent and Gerome's supports were also nice - they're both on each others level, and I think they're good for each other.

There are probably more I'm forgetting - but these were just off the top of my head. I'll have to read the other supports people in this thread have mentioned!