Current Three Houses Class Observations

12 minutes ago, Cysx said:

That is true, but hopefully not the whole story either. For example(as-in that's all I've got), choir practice is the only source of weapon skill  for both Byleth and two students at once as far as we know, and it raises Faith specifically. Weapon ranks also give skills it would appear, and there's a possibility that characters get something valuable enough from reason and faith to warrant the effort even without being magic users. Maybe. In practice probably not if we're being honest

I wonder, because using physical weapons for magic inclined characters seems really niche thus far. I mean it can't be worse granted but, I do question whether or not it'll actually be worth it. Especially if the theory that strength reduces weapon weight is true.

Levelling Faith and Reason seems to unlock spells. Byleth learns Fire at Reason D, I believe, for example. Now this is lovely for a Magic-user, but if you intend to make Byleth a bruiser (and the game encourages that, what with his prf sword), then it's essentially wasted. Perhaps there are Classes beyond Advanced that are true Hybrids, but that's a long wait, and would require awkward class jumping to have stats viable for it by the time you arrive there.

And I fully believe that Magic-users won't have much use for melee weapons, especially once they get rolling. But the option is still there, unlike physical units.

9 minutes ago, Onestep said:

Levelling Faith and Reason seems to unlock spells. Byleth learns Fire at Reason D, I believe, for example. Now this is lovely for a Magic-user, but if you intend to make Byleth a bruiser (and the game encourages that, what with his prf sword), then it's essentially wasted. Perhaps there are Classes beyond Advanced that are true Hybrids, but that's a long wait, and would require awkward class jumping to have stats viable for it by the time you arrive there.

And I fully believe that Magic-users won't have much use for melee weapons, especially once they get rolling. But the option is still there, unlike physical units.

Maybe but Hubert can lean a combat art called ice javelin not sure if it does magic or physical damage but due to it's name it should at least be a 2 ranged attack. That said that may not be the case for everyone and inventing a magic user with a physical weapon will mostly likely be a waste of time in the long run. 

41 minutes ago, Onestep said:

Levelling Faith and Reason seems to unlock spells. Byleth learns Fire at Reason D, I believe, for example.

Yes, but there's a possibility that they unlock skills on top of that. For example, Annette has learned rally res as a weapon skill somewhere, somehow. Could be from authority, it's a rally after all. Hidden talent is always possible of course. But on top of that, what stands out is that she's really good at reason(B+). And really, looking at her spell list, at B+ she's learned Cutting Gale, Sagittae, and maybe Wind, though she could start with it. That's potentially less than the amount of weapon arts you get with normal weapons.

Unfortunately we don't have that much footage from mages. Here are the only three skill lists I could find(third one is Marianne):
6ULCF8B.jpg  gWJvNPT.jpg  Zyf7tb1.jpg

One skill of unknown origin on all three. Granted, Mercedes' is shared with someone else, I think it was Ashe and Ingrid, and Dedue, thanks LSM and it's HP +5 from what I could tell

Edit: Oh, I guess we have Hubert with rally magic, too:
I5FHp5F.jpg

Edited by Cysx

We know that characters get different Spells from each other, and can gain different Abilities too. 

I'm wondering if less magic inclined characters might straight up not get as many Spells from training Reason, but Rallies or other Abilities...

Edited by LSM

7 hours ago, LSM said:

I'm wondering if less magic inclined characters might straight up not get as many Spells from training Reason, but Rallies or other Abilities...

True; if would give a lot more utility and variety to the units without necessarily having them all have a really cool and powerful set of spells.

As long as each of the final classes of Cavalier; Knight and Flier have access to Reason/Faith just straight out; I'll be fine.

There are a lot of variables on the table still, just because we're doing so many 'new' things and honestly... I'm excited.

Like, mastering a class means something. We don't know what that does specifically. We know that Weapon Ranks unlock things but not the path and specifics of them. How much variation is unit specific. Right now non-magic classes can't use magic, but they very well could have one of the abilities tied to Faith/Reason be 'use Magic.'

So many unanswered questions... and even if a lot of my theorizing could be completely unmade I can't wait to know.

1 hour ago, Rakath said:

There are a lot of variables on the table still, just because we're doing so many 'new' things and honestly... I'm excited.

Like, mastering a class means something. We don't know what that does specifically. We know that Weapon Ranks unlock things but not the path and specifics of them. How much variation is unit specific. Right now non-magic classes can't use magic, but they very well could have one of the abilities tied to Faith/Reason be 'use Magic.'

So many unanswered questions... and even if a lot of my theorizing could be completely unmade I can't wait to know.

Orrrr a 'Use Magic(C/F/A)' that you can get from levelling each Mov type Professor Level to let's say A Rank; I'm sure it'll happen in one way or another magic using cavs; fliers and armours will definitely be a thing.

3 minutes ago, HappyHawlucha. said:

Orrrr a 'Use Magic(C/F/A)' that you can get from levelling each Mov type Professor Level to let's say A Rank; I'm sure it'll happen in one way or another magic using cavs; fliers and armours will definitely be a thing.

Another plausible, but without any evidence, possibility. So many things it could be until we have evidence of what it is.

It could also be possible that different characters get 'use Magic/use Magic - Movetype' at different levels. So that a proper mage like Lysithea or Linhardt (or someone with a strength in one of move skills, like Ingrid or Ferdinand) gains access to magic cavalry/flying/armor faster than, say Dedue or Caspar.

Do we have any doubt in our minds that S Rank Professor Levels are gonna be a thing? I mean to get to Tier 3 some classes are looking for A Ranks so considering Master Tier is all but confirmed surely it'll be a thing. I mean even SS or S+ is pretty damn likely IMO. I wonder what kind of insane Combat Arts/Spells/Professor Skills you'll earn by going that far(Galeforce Combat Art/Skill for either Lance ranking or Flying plz).

I'd say that S-rank is still only a 70-80% thing, there's a chance Master Tier classes just require combinations of Professor levels so that you don't need S-Rank (such as Dread Fighter requiring A in multiple weapons). I mean the odds are good for S-Rank being a thing, especially holding some of the more dumb skills from FE skill history.

Double S or S+ at a 50-50 being there or not. As we don't know what Class Mastering does, there are enough variables I wouldn't bet on this just yet. Maybe after another Famitsu...

Based on the numbers* I crunched:

Using weekday lessons alone, it will take longer to surely pass classes with a single A rank skill recommended than those with 2 skill levels B rank tops.

*I will provide the numbers if requested

1 hour ago, Jayvee94 said:

Based on the numbers* I crunched:

Using weekday lessons alone, it will take longer to surely pass classes with a single A rank skill recommended than those with 2 skill levels B rank tops.

*I will provide the numbers if requested

So how long are we talking, here? 2-3 years of teaching?

20 hours ago, Armchair General said:

So how long are we talking, here? 2-3 years of teaching?

• Single skill with A rank - 26 weeks if they're good at it. 37 weeks if they're weak at it.
  • Two skills with B rank highest - 16 weeks minimum (One rank B and one rank C)
Edited by Jayvee94

I like how they tried to balance off mounted units. But if a character that's naturally fast becomes a cavalier, what's going to stop them?

Although I wish Magic classes had more more MOV. 4 across all 3 tiers is ridiculous. I know their robes look heavy, but not a single movement increase? Not even 5? Physic will need to be learned ASAP and they're gonna need some boots and that grappler rally. I hope we have a Mage Knight, Valkyrie, Dark Knight, and/or Strategist Class. I would prefer Mage Knight and Valkyrie though.

I miss the Mage Knight class tbh.

14 hours ago, Dandy Druid said:

I wish Magic classes had more more MOV. 4 across all 3 tiers is ridiculous. I know their robes look heavy, but not a single movement increase? Not even 5? Physic will need to be learned ASAP and they're gonna need some boots and that grappler rally. I hope we have a Mage Knight, Valkyrie, Dark Knight, and/or Strategist Class. I would prefer Mage Knight and Valkyrie though.

I miss the Mage Knight class tbh.

This sums up my thoughts exactly. I really love mounted magic users in Fire Emblem and desperately want them back

Hey everyone. I am new here, but I wanted to help update the skill proficiency list for Three Houses.

I was pointed to by one of the moderators to bring this information here, so hopefully this will be of use to someone.

I also set up a google spreadsheet with all of the skill levels if anyone is interested. Still updating it as of now.

Thank you all for your time and efforts.

--,-'-<3

black_eagles_flying_proficiencies.png

edelgard_normal_riding_proficiency.png

mercedes_proficiencies.png

1 hour ago, CAE6366 said:

I was pointed to by one of the moderators to bring this information here, so hopefully this will be of use to someone.

I mean, not to be rude but SpiceMan explained to you already why we don't associate chores affinities and strengths. We did at first, but eventually it contradicted known information.

1 hour ago, CAE6366 said:

I also set up a google spreadsheet with all of the skill levels if anyone is interested. Still updating it as of now. 

Well, sure, by all means.

Can we assign more than one group task at a time? I'm not sure if that's been confirmed or not. I hope we can.

2 minutes ago, Dandy Druid said:

Can we assign more than one group task at a time? I'm not sure if that's been confirmed or not. I hope we can.

I know in the E3 presentation (around 8:15) we see her choose sky watch as the group task and the previous group task of stable duty was disbanded. One of the characters she chose was already in the first group task, so that could be the reason, but I think you can only have one group task at a time.

10 minutes ago, firewitch912 said:

I know in the E3 presentation (around 8:15) we see her choose sky watch as the group task and the previous group task of stable duty was disbanded. One of the characters she chose was already in the first group task, so that could be the reason, but I think you can only have one group task at a time.

Maybe you can have multiple group task as you increases your professor level. 

7 minutes ago, firewitch912 said:

Darn, but that makes sense. It would be too convenient otherwise. So we'll have to plan out what we need. In my first Black Eagles run (2nd run overall), I was planning on making Bernie an armor knight (lol) but she may just be a cavalier instead since Ferdinand is learning how to ride with an axe in hand to live my Kieran fantasy.

On 7/9/2019 at 7:37 PM, Cysx said:

I mean, not to be rude but SpiceMan explained to you already why we don't associate chores affinities and strengths. We did at first, but eventually it contradicted known information.

Well, sure, by all means.

No offense taken! I saw the different images a little later and also noticed how they contradicted themselves.

I was verifying on my own for a bit without the assistance of the forums because I am not keen on how to navigate which threads are pertinent to the dissection of information.

I more appreciate that you all corrected me. I dislike misinformation as much as anybody.

--,-'-<3

Random thought: maybe Class Mastery will give you a Seal for the next level of classes?

Looks like Class Mastery does give you an ability, and I think it's a Skill Ability. Noble gives you HP +5, and it doesn't get added among Class Abilities.

Edited by LSM