Advices for a first playthrought

1 hour ago, mariogamer said:

I read on a wiki that Mist (well, her class, but she's the only one) is actually immune to this effect, is that an error?

Also, where are the occult scrolls in this games? (or an equivalent item)

That was true in Path of Radiance, but it's not true in Radiant Dawn.

Beorc units get their mastery skills automatically upon achieving third tier in this game. Laguz units must use a Satori Sign once they level up to 30. So in essence, there are none.

Edited by Shadow Mir

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

part 3- chap. 12

I kind of need a strategy. My dawn birgad units are underleveled (it was predictable from the beginning), I lost the only good unit I had (Jill) (I mean I got her on Ike's side)

My big problem are the allied unit. they clearly are my only way out on the right side of the stage, but making them target that cliff is kind of suicidal, especially since I mostly only have tauroneo on the left side (maybe I could get around on using micaiah, or Aran).

I am also locked to aprox. 9 units, because I didn't train edward, leonardo and fiona.

Same thing for chapter 13. I didn't look into it a lot, but that's gonna be tough. Especially if all greil mercenaries are here. (Defeating Ike is a nono, he might just 1 shot everyone, and even worse for haar/jill)

Edited by mariogamer

part 3- chap. 12

I kind of need a strategy. My dawn birgad units are underleveled (it was predictable from the beginning), I lost the only good unit I had (Jill) (I mean I got her on Ike's side)

My big problem are the allied unit. they clearly are my only way out on the right side of the stage, but making them target that cliff is kind of suicidal, especially since I mostly only have tauroneo on the left side (maybe I could get around on using micaiah, or Aran).

I am also locked to aprox. 9 units, because I didn't train edward, leonardo and fiona.

Same thing for chapter 13. I didn't look into it a lot, but that's gonna be tough. Especially if all greil mercenaries are here. (Defeating Ike is a nono, he might just 1 shot everyone, and even worse for haar/jill)

The big question I have is, what possessed you to think recruiting Jill to Ike's side was a good idea??? You just shot yourself in the foot big time (even though personally, I don't use her - my history with her is unflattering). Also, you're implying you actually tried to raise Meg - that's a big no-no, since she doesn't really pay off in any noteworthy fashion. Aside from those, would I be correct in assuming you didn't find the Beastfoe scroll back in part 1?

I forgot to say that I didn't raise meg.

Yes I know, sending Jill on the other side was probably my worst decision yet. I still have my chapter 6 save for some reason thought.

No I didn't get the beastfoe scroll.

Edited by mariogamer

2 hours ago, mariogamer said:

If you have two units that can take hits there is a chokepoint in the right that lets you hold the line with just two, and with two healers now you could try turtling with most of your forces there. You might want to use the Master Crown to early promote one of your guys to get you through this rough section. If have Olivi grass you can have Volug do normal transformations for better stats, although you will have to pay attention to his gauge then. One option with Taurneo is to have him use the master crown, take some javelins and hand axes and vulneraries, and have him head one ledge down to devastate the left, but you might need those resources elsewhere. Being down your best unit you are probably going to have to take it slow. Good Luck, I hope this is enough to get you through 3-12, but if not you can try adding some additional information and we can see where that gets you.

I think I'm just going to re do chapter 7-11, they were all easy anyways. I really need Jill for chapter 13. Otherwise I don't know how I'm getting anywhere near to finish that.

This time tho, I'm going to try to slaughter everyone from the dawn brigade with haar, gonna be fun.

Edit: Just thought about something for chapter 13. Will Ike always use Ragnel when his weapon breaks, or no? Cause I could set another weapon before chapter 12, to be able to attack him with a hand axe with Jill. Otherwise idk how this chapter will go.

Edited by mariogamer

5 hours ago, mariogamer said:

Edit: Just thought about something for chapter 13. Will Ike always use Ragnel when his weapon breaks, or no? Cause I could set another weapon before chapter 12, to be able to attack him with a hand axe with Jill. Otherwise idk how this chapter will go.

Yes. Anyway, having Jill hand axe him likely ain't gonna get you anywhere fast - in fact, the only thing it'll get you is a dead Jill. You're better off avoiding him. Especially once he goes mobile.

Edited by Shadow Mir

Now, the real thing begins.Ah these last chapters are going to be fun (not). Dividing up my teams...

Do any of them have an easier route than the others? How many units can I take in each battle? (Important cause having non trained units)

24 minutes ago, mariogamer said:

Now, the real thing begins.Ah these last chapters are going to be fun (not). Dividing up my teams...

Do any of them have an easier route than the others? How many units can I take in each battle? (Important cause having non trained units)

The second team (Ike's) has a fog of war chapter as their first, so deploying Rafiel in said chapter might not be in your best interest... Their second chapter has a familiar face from Path of Radiance, who, oddly enough, is recruitable - just make sure to remove any mobile hostiles before doing this (the nearby generals won't move, but most of everything else does), since the unit who recruits him (or to be more accurate, makes the unit in question recruit himself) is very very fragile. In addition, you'll be seeing three units you haven't seen since the first part again here. Micaiah's team has a desert chapter for their second. The Hawk Army's second chapter is good for catching up characters you might be taking to endgame, which is right after this one. Don't forget to save 3000 gold before this chapter, too. Also, it might be in your best interest to remove the new skill Elincia got first chance you get - it stops her from killing enemies.

Edited by Shadow Mir

Should probably get haar in the desert one then. (Haar can probably handle everything at this point, he just needs concoctions/vulnerarys, just in case just in case of the absolute worst) I'd really like to actually put my bad units in one chapter, cause they're literally annoying me when I select characters.

Btw, how hard is the fight against the black knight? In PoR, I relied on aether, can the same be done here?

8 minutes ago, mariogamer said:

Btw, how hard is the fight against the black knight? In PoR, I relied on aether, can the same be done here?

Nope. You can't rely on Aether here, since he has Nihil this time. Ike should, too, else you risk dying to Eclipse (that said, he gets it automatically once he promotes). But you shouldn't charge blindly either - he starts on a Cover tile that greatly increases defense. Also of note, the Wishblade - the SS rank lance - is used by an enemy on the other end of the map, where you have boatloads of enemies coming at you (you're better off using the cover tiles to weather the storm). So I'd move Ike side to side while dealing with that.

50 minutes ago, mariogamer said:

Is Volke worth it? (I mean, he probably is, but just wanted to know)

Eh?

For some amusing base conversations, definitely.  As a unit, it depends on the rest of your roster.  If you don't have enough strong units, he'll do just fine as filler.  But Sothe is forced, so keep that in mind!

(though IMO Volke gets the better personal ability)

Is Volke worth it? (I mean, he probably is, but just wanted to know)

Yes. You'll get your money back, with interest. You might not end up taking him to endgame, though, thanks to Sothe being forced to be taken to endgame for some reason. Oh, and one thing I neglected to mention earlier about the desert; it has hidden items too, as does most of this game, really. Some of them include Dragonfoe, the Baselard (the SS rank knife), and a Laguz Gem (on the boss's square; you'll have to kill him or shove him [if he's the last enemy unit remaining] to get it). Oh, and Stefan is hidden. Again. This time you'll have to use Micaiah to get him. Incidentally, a guest will show up several turns in on the desert chapter. I won't spoil the surprise for you, though.

Edited by Shadow Mir

Here is my possible final team: Haar, Jill, Oscar, Titania, Caineghis (thanks, game, for giving me overpowered units, I needed that), Giffca,  Renning, Stefan and Tibarn. (there's one last spot free, tho I don't think I'll take anyone else)

I will also, if needed, only use micaiah for healing, her defense is MEH. I won't use sothe, he was useless the whole playthrough,I'll keep him where he is. Sanaki? Lol, yet another mage that I won't use. Kurthcnaga and Ena's base stats (untransformed) are bad compared to my other normally overpowered characters (eg. Haar, Jill, Oscar and Titania)

Now, I need to know who's getting carried by Haar/Tibarn (haar has savior) Probably sanaki, I never used her, and sothe, since Micaiah can at least heal people (lol).

Which healing item should I get in priority? (Tibarn and Haar never get hit, so I only need one strong concoction and it should be good, as long as Haar doesn't encounter mages, but Oscar and Titania will probs deal with that, Oscar and Titania get hit sometimes,but I can relie on rng for them (Sol is still broken in this game, apparently) , so I can just get weapons, and battle save frequently, same (mostly) for Renning)

Also Kurth and ena can't have supports for some reasons?

Kurthcnaga and Ena's base stats (untransformed) are bad compared to my other normally overpowered characters

Ena's Blood Tide skill is the main thing she is used for, and it can make it a lot easier to get through some of the endgame bosses. Kurthnaga is basically an endgame Est whose main job is to give those that leave the Royal Laguz behind (and don't have a plan for dealing with endgame) a chance, if they suffer through training him.

Now, I need to know who's getting carried by Haar/Tibarn (haar has savior) Probably sanaki, I never used her, and sothe, since Micaiah can at least heal people (lol).

Despite units being forced into the tower, only Ike and Micaiah are force deployed on the endgame maps, so you can bench Sothe and Sanaki if you do not want to babysit them. That being said if you have any siege tomes left you might find some use for Sanaki and Micaiah after the blessing.

4 minutes ago, mariogamer said:

I'm unsure about that, probably reyson, but it's not like I used them alot.

Rafael tends to be better if you play at a fast pace as he can dance the 4 people around him on 1st turn, where as Reyson needs to use a Laguz Gem (not to be confused with a Laguz Stone) on 1st turn, but once he does he has better mobility, flight, canto as well as the 4 person refresh for the whole chapter.

Wait you mean she needs to be on the map all time?

Also, what are the final boss skill's? (asking here,cause, last time I searched the name of a boss, I got 'spoiled' (well actually not the plot, so it was fine))

Ah blood tide is a skill, ok.

Edited by mariogamer

2 minutes ago, mariogamer said:

Also, what are the final boss skill's? (asking here,cause, last time I searched the name of a boss, I got 'spoiled' (well actually not the plot, so it was fine))

Mantle (Negates damage from weapons not blessed by Yune, heals the unit for an amount equal to their Luck stat, and also grants the effects of Nihil and Fortune; the former negates skills, and the latter blocks critical hits), and Aurora (the final boss has 8 auras with this skill; it reflects some of the damage back to the aggressor unless the damage reduces its HP to zero). The former is shared by the last three bosses as well.

Yeah I was scared of Nihil. And also, that means only Ike can damage them?

Also, can conditions stack? Cause, on the first stage, a mage used sleep, tho afterwards, the boss used silence, and it kind of made my slleeping unit wake up.

Edited by mariogamer

47 minutes ago, mariogamer said:

Yeah I was scared of Nihil. And also, that means only Ike can damage them?

Also, can conditions stack? Cause, on the first stage, a mage used sleep, tho afterwards, the boss used silence, and it kind of made my slleeping unit wake up.

No. Anyone can damage them with a blessed weapon (blessed weapons will have infinite uses, and their names will glow blue; Ike is forced to bless Ragnell). HOWEVER, Ike must land the finishing hit on the final boss, or else... Speaking of which, I neglected to mention that Aurora can be negated with Nihil or Parity.

Nope. Only one status condition can affect a unit.

Edited by Shadow Mir

I don't know how I'm going to deal with the black knight.

Oh... wait, he has 56% chance of hitting. I could just rely on battle saving frequently, and keep my stronguest units on the other side (not even thinking about deploying the weakest)