Advices for a first playthrought

9 minutes ago, mariogamer said:

I don't know how I'm going to deal with the black knight.

Oh... wait, he has 56% chance of hitting. I could just rely on battle saving frequently, and keep my stronguest units on the other side (not even thinking about deploying the weakest)

Did you see that Ike starts on a Cover tile? There's your answer. Of course, it might be in your best interest to give him a bunch of healing items or move left and right to stall while trying to get the Wishblade.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One thing to pay attention to is what the terrain tiles are called. If I remember correctly Ike and the Black Knight start on cover tiles that give +10 defense, so if you let him come to you,and don't charge at him you gain a huge advantage. Additinally make sure Ike has one of your Nihils so you don't have to worry about the Black Knight's Eclipse.

Oh, thanks, didn't knew about the cover tile, Ike litterally can't die now.

Also,I regret killing Levail with Haar now.

Also: * when the games crits the bk but you wanted the weapon lol

Which weapons should I equip before part 3?

Some obvious ones: Oscar: Wishblade, Haar: Urvan, Micaiah: Ellight or a long range light magic?, Titania: tomahawk, Renning: Alondite (I thought you couldn't trade it, but you can, making him my probably best unit now) Sothe: nope, Sanaki: again, long range, here own tome or an arc tome?, Stefan: vaque katti

Note: I don't know who I should give Alondite to. My only swordsmen are Stefan and Renning (My obvious choice would be renning, cause he's mounted and has higher level)

(sorry for the double post,didn't actually notice last one was mine)

Edited by mariogamer

18 minutes ago, mariogamer said:

Micaiah: Ellight or a long range light magic?

If she is undertrained go with the long range on this one, but if you have trained her heavily, and have SS light I'd go with the Rex Aura

20 minutes ago, mariogamer said:

Sanaki: again, long range, here own tome or an arc tome?,

If you haven't trained her I would go with the long range, but if she is trained go with her own tome. Now if she is both trained, and strength blessed enough to get more than 10 strength I'd go with the Rex Flame for her (the lowering of speed that results from its 13 weight and +3 speed isn't worth the +1 damage)

45 minutes ago, mariogamer said:

Micaiah: Ellight or a long range light magic?

I'd echo the guy above me - if you did get her to SS light magic, Rexaura. Otherwise, I might say either Valaura (the spell from Valtome) or Purge, if you have it (though I'm not sure you do).

46 minutes ago, mariogamer said:

Sanaki: again, long range, here own tome or an arc tome?

Cymbeline. Rexflame isn't worth it unless she's strength blessed.

I ended up using sanaki's tome, but forgot to equip purge. Not that it matters tho.

Sephiran's battle is weird... I did have a strat tho, and it ended up being easy (and long)

Also, if one of the kings die now, does it change any of the prologue stuff?

Edited by mariogamer

14 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

Cymbeline. Rexflame isn't worth it unless she's strength blessed.

There is literally no point of not blessing rexfire for Sanaki. 

It has more accuracy, one more might and gives her the opportunity to reach the magical 34 AS to double the auras. 

Her low strength and speed are no issue at all. 

In E-3 no dragon can double her with rexfire equipped. She only has to fear the red dragons who will oneshot her anyways.  

In E-4 and E-5 there are only magic based generics. Sanaki's resistance is high enough to tank all the spirits. 

I do not know if Sehpiran's single map attack can double her (have seen it only once yet), but usually someone should reach his map attack's range in turn 1, so she should be fine. 

As for Ashera, Sanaki technically only needs one more strength to use it without speed reduction, if both red dragons stand next to her. Reaching 8 strength to need only red dragon is possible too with her decent 40% strength growth. Hitting 31 speed to double the outside auras is much harder I have to admit, but also not impossible by giving bexp and a speedwing to her. Ashera's single attack is the only real reason against rexfire for Sanaki because she can double her, but you should not let it come so far anyways because she should be defeated in turn 2.

1 hour ago, Rosalina said:

There is literally no point of not blessing rexfire for Sanaki. 

It has more accuracy, one more might and gives her the opportunity to reach the magical 34 AS to double the auras. 

Her low strength and speed are no issue at all. 

In E-3 no dragon can double her with rexfire equipped. She only has to fear the red dragons who will oneshot her anyways.  

In E-4 and E-5 there are only magic based generics. Sanaki's resistance is high enough to tank all the spirits. 

I do not know if Sehpiran's single map attack can double her (have seen it only once yet), but usually someone should reach his map attack's range in turn 1, so she should be fine. 

As for Ashera, Sanaki technically only needs one more strength to use it without speed reduction, if both red dragons stand next to her. Reaching 8 strength to need only red dragon is possible too with her decent 40% strength growth. Hitting 31 speed to double the outside auras is much harder I have to admit, but also not impossible by giving bexp and a speedwing to her. Ashera's single attack is the only real reason against rexfire for Sanaki because she can double her, but you should not let it come so far anyways because she should be defeated in turn 2.

I would disagree - one extra might doesn't justify needing to jump through a bunch of hoops to avoid the downsides. Well, there's that, and the fact that her getting the speed necessary is hard to count on without massive amounts of luck, because on average, she ain't gonna cap three stats.

Also, neither Sanaki nor Sephiran can attack each other.

Thanks for helping with this playthought, I guess 😄

Also, since I'd like to play more fire emblem games, which ones have sequels and which ones are "alone"? Idc about gameplay, as long as it's not to tough, I care more about the stories.

2 hours ago, mariogamer said:

Thanks for helping with this playthought, I guess 😄

Also, since I'd like to play more fire emblem games, which ones have sequels and which ones are "alone"? Idc about gameplay, as long as it's not to tough, I care more about the stories.

Sacred Stones is the only one that's truly "alone". Every other FE game is connected to at least one other game (Shadow Dragon is connected to Mystery, with Gaiden/Shadows of Valentia having appearances by a few characters from those games, Genealogy of the Holy War is connected to Thracia 776 [I will note, though, the latter is more like a "mid-quel" than a sequel; IIRC, it takes place sometime between chapter 6 and chapter 8 of the former], Blazing Blade is the prequel to Binding Blade, Awakening is well after the Archanea saga, and Fates, while taking place in a completely different world, is connected to Awakening).

12 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

I would disagree - one extra might doesn't justify needing to jump through a bunch of hoops to avoid the downsides. Well, there's that, and the fact that her getting the speed necessary is hard to count on without massive amounts of luck, because on average, she ain't gonna cap three stats.

Also, neither Sanaki nor Sephiran can attack each other.

Without ressources she will not cap anything in her own aside of magic and luck. This is why I always save Rafiel's and three brothers's mother's angelic robe to make her cap HP to have higher chance to get speed. 

But let me summarize: Originally you said that Sanaki requires strength to make use of rexfire, strength not to get doubled. And then you said that she will not reach speed most likely to double the auras

Did you notice that you just weakend your first argument? 

Overall I agree that it takes ressources and luck to cap Sanaki's speed, but in endgame her speed reduction does not matter as I mentioned in my previous post.

Using rexfire in 4-3 is really dangerous though because of tons of physical enemies. Though most enemies would oneshot / double her anyways even without speed reduction, so it would not matter much either. 

As for Sephiran I was aware Sanaki cannot attack him, but not that he does not attack her either, which of course makes sense plotwise. 

11 hours ago, Rosalina said:

Without ressources she will not cap anything in her own aside of magic and luck. This is why I always save Rafiel's and three brothers's mother's angelic robe to make her cap HP to have higher chance to get speed. 

But let me summarize: Originally you said that Sanaki requires strength to make use of rexfire, strength not to get doubled. And then you said that she will not reach speed most likely to double the auras

Did you notice that you just weakend your first argument? 

Overall I agree that it takes ressources and luck to cap Sanaki's speed, but in endgame her speed reduction does not matter as I mentioned in my previous post.

Using rexfire in 4-3 is really dangerous though because of tons of physical enemies. Though most enemies would oneshot / double her anyways even without speed reduction, so it would not matter much either. 

As for Sephiran I was aware Sanaki cannot attack him, but not that he does not attack her either, which of course makes sense plotwise. 

My point was more that Sanaki has two things going against her when it comes to using Rexflame - her strength and her speed. Putting her next to both of Ena and Gareth just to mitigate that sounds like going out of your way to address it, and frankly, I don't think it's a better use of a turn than, you know, putting a physical unit, which can actually benefit from Blood Tide, in that space instead.

21 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

Sacred Stones is the only one that's truly "alone". Every other FE game is connected to at least one other game (Shadow Dragon is connected to Mystery, with Gaiden/Shadows of Valentia having appearances by a few characters from those games, Genealogy of the Holy War is connected to Thracia 776 [I will note, though, the latter is more like a "mid-quel" than a sequel; IIRC, it takes place sometime between chapter 6 and chapter 8 of the former], Blazing Blade is the prequel to Binding Blade, Awakening is well after the Archanea saga, and Fates, while taking place in a completely different world, is connected to Awakening).

Started playing awakening, is there anything I miss by not playing the ones hapenning before. (I read that there's only one character that comes back)

Otherwise, I'm probably switching forum, begins to get off topic.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/6/2019 at 1:03 AM, psy_wombats said:

Forced units: Ike, Micaiah, Sothe, Sanaki, Ena, and Kurth are all forced into the endgame. Plus a heron IIRC. Not that you're necessarily forced to use them, but it does make stuff like training a non-Sothe thief silly because you only really need one thief...

Well, it is not completely true. Having a nice Thief in Part 3 is superuseful. First things first, you can Steal on 3-2 the Bolting Tome, which allows for the easiest of massacres in Endgame 3. There are a number of good items you can easily retrieve with Heather during Part 3. The second Ettard, the Brave Bow and a Spirit Dust are way easier to get with Heather. Plus she is a bait monstruosity thanks to high avoid and really good on giving easy kills thanks to Bane. 

Heather is "worse" compared to Sothe, but her consistency makes me always want to use her always up till Part 4.

On 7/7/2019 at 6:57 AM, Eltosian Kadath said:

This is a bit of a trap, as Ilyana's stats caps make her have a terrible time against said boss. At her cap said boss over kills her by 1 damage in one hit, so she has to be in one of the cover tiles (and not have him trigger his skill either through sheer dumb luck or Nihil), and even with capped magic and speed, and an attack boosting support, she only just barely deals as much as he heals. Ilyana is useful throughout the game, as she is literally the character with the best availability throughout the game, but sending her against that boss is a bad idea.

It's a trap. You can use Calil and a refined Thunder tome to get the same effect. But you can't deny that Ilyana is the most available unit in the game, so if you invest on her from Book I there's no need to stop doing it at a certain point.