So Which house are you guys picking?

Which House are you most likely joining?  

192 members have voted

1. 1. Which House are you most likely joining?

Golden Deer. They’re a cute bunch, plus I’m very interested in the Leicester Alliance and Claude. I’m thinking of stealing Ashe, Sylvain and possibly Bernadetta. Though if the requirements of getting them is too difficult, I’ll ditch them.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still so difficult to decide. They all have something. Golden Deer has something of a neutral force which is interesting. But Blue Lion or Black Eagle oh boy. Hopefully we get a sneakpeek of some of the other characters after timeskip. Maybe that makes my decision easier.. Or the opposite.

Edited by Stroud

Still undecided but leaning towards Blue Lions if I go by my Shin Megami Tensei  logic then then.. 

Black Eagle=Law

Blue Lions=Chaos

Golden Deer=netural

I mean based on the Trailers we've seen so far each, of the Three House's leaders have ended up on a similar path. I mean one went full on megalomaniac law enforcing dictator, One has looked like he's became a pirate and is starting a revolution and the other has been trying to do his best shonen protagonist impression while playing peacemaker. 

Edited by Aquarius

I mean at this point I’d just normally pick my favorite color but green and pink are not options and I have no idea and I like them all and I’m going to play all three eventually but I have no idea who to pick first...

I'll go Blue Lions first, without recruiting any students. Then I'll pick the Golden Deer, still without recruits, or just maybe one. And for my third run I'll chose the Black Eagles + I'll try to recruit the students I liked during my past playthroughs to avoid butchering them.

I'm finding my choice incredibly difficult. I will not be going Golden Deer first, because from what we've seen of them so far they simply provide less mystery and interest than the others, I also like Claude the least out of the three house leaders. My favourite student is also in Golden Deer though, so I will definitely be recruiting Lysithea on my first playthrough.

Between Black Eagles and Blue Lions I'm very torn. Ideally I'd like to start with Black Eagles first, because if they have two routes like the leak suggested, I'd like to do the "true" route last and the other route first to keep enough space between them to help it feel fresh. I also adore Edelgard, but the other students in her house interest me the least. If I can romance Edelgard as F!Byleth then I am 100% on board for doing Black Eagles first though.

Blue Lions to me has a lot of characters I'm interested in like Felix, Ingrid and not least of all Dimitri. I am extremely interested in the events surrounding Dimitri's change after the timeskip, and romancing Dimitri to me also seems like it might affect the story in interesting ways. I also feel like going Blue Lions first might make having to fight Dimitri later on that much more impactful/bittersweet.

Yeah, I really haven't decided yet.

6 hours ago, Hekselka said:

Black Eagles.

For Edelgard mostly, because I'm hoping that IS has given us a good female lord character.

They've never been bad though as far as I know; the only problem has always been that they keep getting overshadowed. That hopefully won't happen with Edelgard. 

I mean I really hate Eirika, like I Really hate her. Celica is alright, and I quite like Lyn, but the male lords in those games were always more interesting for me. One exception is Micaiah because I find her way more interesting than Ike (No offensive Ike fans, I liked him a lot in PoR especially when he defends Elincia from the Begnion senate, but he isn't that interesting.) I don't think we will have anything to worry about with Three houses though because it seems like all the lords have an equal presense and in fact, they might be going the other way and have Edelgard slightly overshadow Dimitri and Claude because she has been presented as way more important, what with all the trailer focuses, crest of Serios, only known character with possibly 2 crests, has 2 relics and The main theme of the game is named after her. I'm pretty positive about it though, and my only real hope is that the three lords aren't too different in terms of story importance. 

Either Black Eagles or Golden Deer. Eagles seem like they'll have the most interesting route so far, given that Edelgard has been built up as the 'face' of the Three House Lords, but Deer have some characters that I really like, and while I can recruit them, it's not quite the same.

15 hours ago, Marros said:

I'm starting with the Golden Deer because I'm not into them. I'll give them a chance to be more interesting then they seem at face value.

Plus I feel like I'll get through repeat playthroughs easier if I go in reverse order of interest.

This actually does sound like a good Idea. I am a kind of a perfectionist regarding those games. And I will surely mess some things up in my first playthrough. But I can do my second and third playthrough better then. I also could go with a higher difficulty later so It feels just better to have the "best save stat" on my favorite house. 

I also think it will be faster and such. So as much as I like for Byleth to be the lapdog of the Empress. This has to wait. Maybe I make some other decisions because I know more by then. And I feel like Claude might be more interesting than he shows At least he seems to be the one who searches for a Solution..

Knowing that each playthrough takes a considerable amount of time does not make the decisiion easier though...

Edited by Stroud

I've been house Blue Kitty since the start because of the students. I'll probably bribe recruit Linhardt and/or Marianne since I like what we've seen of them. All three of the lords are interesting though so I'm definitely playing all three, I'm just not sure if Birdies will be my second playthrough or not.

I will probably do Blue Lions first since it has the cast that I like the most overall and then recruit Lysithea, Marianne, and/or Linhardt. I might make an exception if the leaks are true and go Black Eagles first if

Spoiler

Edelgard has two routes. In which case I will go Black Eagles -> Blue Lions -> Golden Deer -> Black Eagles 2

I'll play all three, but I'll start with Black Eagles since it's my most favorite then I'll do Blue Lions. I'm not that interested in Golden Deer so I'll leave it for the last. 

Spoiler

I'll do Edelgard second route after Golden Deer if it's a thing.

I will play all three houses at the same time on different accounts on my switch. Black Eagles are my favorite house though so they will be on my main account. Since the Golden Deer do not really interest me for now, I will most likely test out some things in that playthrough to make a better decision with Eagles and Lions.

Blue Lions were my choice a month ago, but Black Eagles have really come on strong for me. And even Golden Deer have their appeal.

I'll probably do what I did for Smash's World of Light: spin my tv remote on the floor and let chance rule.

Golden Deer, still. I feel they have the largest pool of different personalities.

My favorites right now are Leonie, Claude and Ignatz. Can't wait to see how those two end up after the timeskip. And Claude has become (mostly) what I wanted out of his type of character; laid back, joker type but also the whole 'trust' thing and making heavy decisions. Maybe he'll even become a snake.

“Yet we have the strength to scale the walls between us, to reach out our hands in friendship so we can open our true hearts to one another. That's how we win!”

Any doubts I had about joining the Golden Deer disappeared with that quote right there.

Black Eagles, for the simple fact that Edelgard seems by far the most morally grey of the lords so far. (Claude and Dimitri have those lighter shades, but Edelgard seems like she's definitely heading towards a more charcoal color.) Also all the girls are adorable, and I'm interested in seeing how the Church loyalties and the Obviously Not Evilness of the church go with this branch.