July 2019 Summer Silhouettes

Othin

9 hours ago, silverserpent said:

With how she focuses on the summer banners for money making schemes,  I could see her going "Desperate times call for desperate measures!" and putting herself in a bikini.

IS has passed up so many chances for an Anna alt until now (heck, Bruno of all people got an alt before her) that I'm convinced they really are waiting for an "all Anna" banner to drop a bunch of them at once.

On the other hand, you're right that the Summer Paralogues are all about her. And after she snapped at the end of last month's Paralogue, I wouldn't be surprised if she does indeed go "Desperate times call for desperate measures!" You don't have to pay royalties if you dress up yourself, after all 😛

Though now that I've said that I'm sure it'll turn out she was subconsciously inspired by one of the FE13!Annas' swimsuit or something.

Edited by DefyingFates

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think either of the silhouettes are dragon characters. We got a couple of seasonal dragon characters with "regular" weapons in Book 1, but since then the seasonal dragon characters have stuck to breath weapons, and the silhouettes appear to be using "regular" weapons.

Spoiler

le8dn86lcn831.png

My original guess was Sully and a Manakete (didn't know who to say) before switching to Cherche, but now this looks almost 100% accurate! Wow!

Edited by Bloom

2 hours ago, Othin said:

I don't think either of the silhouettes are dragon characters. We got a couple of seasonal dragon characters with "regular" weapons in Book 1, but since then the seasonal dragon characters have stuck to breath weapons, and the silhouettes appear to be using "regular" weapons.

Dunno if this is past Book 1, but Ninian used a tome in the 2nd Bridal Banner, about over a year ago.

17 minutes ago, NoirCore said:

Dunno if this is past Book 1, but Ninian used a tome in the 2nd Bridal Banner, about over a year ago.

Good point, I forgot about her. She was the last one, though. So the divide is between her and Summer Tiki, who established seasonal dragons as a thing. 

My possible guess on the left is definitely Alm and the right is very hard to tell, but it could possibly be a female and she definitely does have long hair. My bet in the right possibly be Caeda or Clair.

Edited by King Marth 64

I don't know why, but I suddenly thought of Ophelia when I looked at the silhouette on the right. That said, it's probably not her.

No idea for the other one.

Weird, no trailer...

EDIT: Nevermind. Definite skip for me. At least I can go try for summer Laevatein or Cordelia.

Edited by Anacybele

Not gonna lie, the seventh Lyn who is a flying bow with a personal weapon is kind of bullshit!

Also, I'm okay with Wolt showing up, but I'm kind of annoyed (like Greil and Pent and Louise and the Holy Guard) he's once again debuting as a seasonal with his REGULAR WEAPON TYPE.

I'm not optimistic for Fiora having anything interesting.

Edited by Sunwoo

14 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Not gonna lie, the seventh Lyn who is a flying bow with a personal weapon is kind of bullshit!

Sixth, actually, but I agree with this a million times over. I'm especially pissed off as an Ike fan, because even though he FINALLY got a seasonal himself back in February, it took forever, and yet IS doesn't mind shoving Lyn alt after Lyn alt and Camilla alt after Camilla alt down our throats even though all three are basically equally as popular.

And the only reason I can think of for IS to ignore Ike more in favor of them is that he's not a fucking woman. They seem to think just because he doesn't have boobs and a vagina that he wouldn't sell as well. Didn't they see how popular the Greil's Devoted banner was? It was definitely very very loved, possibly more so than any other banner given the massive like bars both the English and Japanese trailers for it had.

Why would Ike not sell as well just because he's not a woman when he's still fucking loved a lot anyway? I do not get IS's logic here at all and why they still insist on throwing the popular women at us all the time but mostly ignore the equally popular guys. And even if Ike really didn't sell as well, he still sells a fuck ton. I feel like I'm getting the middle finger as an Ike fan.

"You want Ike? Well sorry, he doesn't have boobs, here's Lyn again instead!"

Fuck you too, IS.

Sorry for the little rant though. I'm just so annoyed at this... I guess I'll let off some steam by trying for Summer Cordelia and Laevatein.

Edited by Anacybele

I realized my mistake earlier in the other thread, but in my defense I think I got confused with how many Lyns we got because a part of me still can't believe Camilla will have more alts than Lyn once the new Braves drop.

My main issue with Lyn is that she's already got like two seasonal alts already, it would've been nice to give that alt to someone without one. Maybe Florina, so she could be with her sister. Or even Farina so we could get both of Florina's sisters. (I'm a bit more forgiving of Lilina because she only has one seasonal, although ideally that could've gone to a Binding Blade character without one.)

Also, Lyn's obviously there as whalebait with her art and her personal bow and being a flying unit. You know, a lot of our "whalebait" units seem to be flying lately. Laegjarn was, too.

14 hours ago, Mercakete said:

Is that a...bucket of...fish...?

Uh, anyway, looks like long-ish hair on the right and short hair (with bunny ears? Nope; more fish) on the left. Left looks like an archer with a palm leaf arrowhead. Right has a bucket of fish. The arms on the left seem to have some muscle definition to them, right is obviously female. I'm a bit stumped, so maybe they're from FE6 or something. The left guy reminds me a bit of Klein (but could possibly be Rinkah since she has muscle definition and short, choppy hair, but the hair style reminds me more of GBA-era young-masculine hair.) Right girl could be almost anyone.

I am stupidly pleased with myself.

43 minutes ago, Gregster101 said:

I'm not a fan of Lyn having 6 versions of herself now, but at least it's been a year since her last alt, unlike Camilla who pretty much just kept getting alts back to back with no breaks

And yet they both have exactly 6 versions. They followed different paths, but towards the same conclusion. Also, there was a break between Camillas. Multiple breaks actually.

First a break of almost a year between Spring Camilla and New Years Camilla. Then a break of 6 months between that and Summer Camilla. Finally, we are experiencing a break of 6 months right now while we wait for her Brave version.

Honestly you are free to be less annoyed at Lyn because you like her more as a character or something, but the fact that Lyn's alt were better spaced sounds like a flimsy excuse to create a difference where there isn't one. They both appeal to whales, so they both got lots of alts. The situation is exactly the same.

Plus, it's not like Lyn's alts were perfectly spaced either. Yes, we got Adrift Camilla, and then Hot Spring Camilla right away, but we also got Valentine Lyn and Legendary Lyn one after the other. I don't see much difference here.

Edited by GrandeRampel

On 7/7/2019 at 9:37 AM, GrandeRampel said:

Honestly you are free to be less annoyed at Lyn because you like her more as a character or something, but the fact that Lyn's alt were better spaced sounds like a flimsy excuse

The part that makes me mad about Lyn's seasonals, is that they're only the fanservice ones (Valentine's Day, Bridal, and now Summer) but that's really it.

I'm more mad about Fallen Tiki + Corrin tbh, along with how Tiki has two (2) Summer alts.

Lyn, Camilla, Tiki, and Lucina are always gonna be the cows that IS milks for being prevalent enough in their games that 99% of FEH players know them and will summon for. Lucina not as much, for she is literally Awakening's protagonist, but I digress.

I guess the annoying part is that whenever someone declares a character achieves waifu status, they'll get some sort of fanservice alt.

In the end, I can't be mad at IS. they're just a company trying to do what all companies wanna do: make money.

1 hour ago, underthedorktree said:

The part that makes me mad about Lyn's seasonals, is that they're only the fanservice ones (Valentine's Day, Bridal, and now Summer) 

I mean there’s her legendary alt but even then isn’t that kinda the entire point of seasonals to see characters in cute and/or sexy fetish pandery outfits.