BHB: Marth & Caeda

mampfoid

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Infernal Marth & Caeda in one turn:

Armored blow OP! Wanted to show off my newest beast flier, but was to lazy to realize a full beast clear (perhaps later). Newest theme: All attackers use some form of Armored Blow @mcsilas

3 hours ago, LordFrigid said:

One turn theme team time!

Wow, cool Jagen. We both used the same route, hope the next map will bring something new. 

Ow thats a very fitting team @LordFrigid. Also the first time I saw Jagen anywhere. 

I was about to ask why Elincia needed armoured blow @mampfoid, but I see its a cute themed run of one of the lesser used skills in the game.

-----------------------

A few days ago I noticed that I had a Corrin collection so I decided to give the face touchers their own little run. They ambush couples so they satisfy their creepy face rubbing needs.

@Landmaster @Nanima

Sabotage atk combined with Marth buffs made everyone on this map surprisingly durable. It was a bit tricky to work around that, but I eventually found the answer. I could have one shotted Caeda with NY Corrin, but to my great surprise OGCorrin could double and kill Caeda. I don't know how that happened.

My Team OTP was able to knock out infernal in one try! I'll have to do a recording later though, I need a break from the game after doing some other stuff in it.

This map wasn't hard though, nice to see something that isn't super challenging after that legendary Eliwood map.

@mampfoid

tsk tsk, Caeda in a supporting role in a BHB where she's one of the featured units. Nice work! This one was pretty straightforward. Interesting to think that if Amiti hadn't received a refinement, it would be much more difficult for Elincia to secure that Marth KO.

Congrats on picking up Tibarn, btw.

25 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Wow, cool Jagen.

Huh. You don't see a statement like that every day.

25 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

We both used the same route, hope the next map will bring something new. 

Yeah...it's the natural choice for flier-heavy teams, really.

@Sasori

Nice job with your clear as well! I liked the use of warp shenanigans to take down Marth. I wasn't expecting Corrin to take down Caeda, I thought for sure it would be Corrin, or maybe a combination of Corrin and Corrin, if Corrin didn't have enough damage output.

That's what you get for fielding four Corrins.

Edited by LordFrigid

4 minutes ago, Sasori said:

I was about to ask why Elincia needed armoured blow @mampfoid, but I see its a cute themed run of one of the lesser used skills in the game.

With -DEF Bane, Elincia is extra frail and she needed Armored blow already in an earlier clear to survive. I rechecked Marth's attack and Elincia could have succeed without an A-skill here. 

6 minutes ago, Sasori said:

A few days ago I noticed that I had a Corrin collection so I decided to give the face touchers their own little run. They ambush couples so they satisfy their creepy face rubbing needs.

Face touchers (don't get it)? Cute Corrin theme, glad NY!Corrin was useful once again. 

3 minutes ago, LordFrigid said:

tsk tsk, Caeda in a supporting role in a BHB where she's one of the featured units. Nice work! This one was pretty straightforward. Interesting to think that if Amiti hadn't received a refinement, it would be much more difficult for Elincia to secure that Marth KO.

Na, she could have done it without the refinement and without a seal. Like wrote before, Armored Blow wasn't even needed on her. 

Yeah, Caeda ended up in a support role accidentally. I was sure you'd give her the mirror kill moment. ; -)

5 minutes ago, LordFrigid said:

Congrats on picking up Tibarn, btw.

Thanks! He is a crazy unit, TTs became boring after a while, but needing only 8-10 turns for lunatic/7 runs was interesting though.

5 minutes ago, LordFrigid said:

Huh. You don't see a statement like that every day.

I didn't even think of wasting 10 Fortify Cav, DC and Vanguard merging him to 4*+10, looks better than I would have thought. 

6 minutes ago, LordFrigid said:

Yeah...it's the natural choice for flier-heavy teams, really.

Perhaps I'll try a themed clear or a beasts one turn clear. We'll see how busy my week will be. 

@mampfoidA little sad that Caeda didn't see action but that's a nice Tibarn you got there, congrats!

I bring 3 clears and they went surprisingly smooth. 

Cavalry: I forgot Camus had Vantage so I was a little confused when Caeda just dissappered off the map when I played it with the map animations off.

Spoiler

Felicia & friends: A few exact number KO's. Also, testing out my newest merge project, Cherche! She counts as a bulky flier.

Spoiler

Tiki & twins: Tiki brought some friends with her to visit her favorite Mar-Mar.

Spoiler

2 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Tibarn's debut!! He's looking great there! Seeing him team up with Elincia to take down the lovebirds was fun to see. The rest of the map was pretty much a massacre in your favour. Glad to see Airzura keep putting in her work. Still the best flying singer imo. haha

2 hours ago, Sasori said:

Neat team. There were close calls all around but the corncobs prevailed in the end. Dream!Corrin certainly showed how tough she is holding her own. The rest was very spectacular team ups in order to get the upper hand on the couple here. Congrats!

@mcsilas @Landmaster @daisy jane @kirauza343 @Azuris @Robert of Normandy @ruruo

It's always nice to air out the room with something simple after the LHB season:

Music: 1. Trainer eyes meet (Honeymooners) - from Pokémon X&Y 2. The more I try - Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World

Here the Takus politely tell the two lovers to get a room. With arrows.. And a mochi. Honestly, there is not too much to say. Flying in seemed obvious and from there it was just mostly tanking by Skadikumi and revenge kills. I guess having to equip Swordbreaker on Sunkumi to one-shot Marth was somewhat significant. Overall though it was a simple and fun diversion. On to the next ones later!  

I got a feeling this might actually screw me over.

Hard cleared with low HM units, Lunatic cleared with Canas, Dorcas, Ishtar and Legault, Infernal cleared with Canas, Nephenee, Nohrzura and new boy grandnephew Lugh. Canas actually can hold the east end to start with thanks to some buffs and Atk Feint in Infernal (He needs Escape Route to get out though). I had to give some seals out: Fierce Atk 3 to Lugh so he could to 2-round the blue mage and Nephenee took brazen Atk/Def to deal with Caeda in 1 hit and Marth as well.

@mampfoid Cool as always. Going full flier this time works with how many water tiles there are on this map. It was a nice showcase of Armored blow, although I still think that skill is pretty bad unless you're trying to do some sort of shenanigans with H!Myrrh.

- - - - - 

I was going to do the classic Eirika run, but once again the map proved to be too easy so no need to bring the heavy hitters (guess we'll have to wait until the 3 houses GHB or the next Mythic). I'm sure if Medeus was in someone could make a FE10/11 villain theme with Gharnef/Medeus/Hardin/F!Tiki?. Regardless, I'm just rambling at this point so I'll let the clear speak for itself.

@mampfoid I’m glad you finally pulled Tibarn! It was nice seeing him and Elincia working together, and you know I love your offensive Airzura

@Nanima Wow, that looked absolutely effortless! Absolutely no problem for the Takumi squad 

@Alexmender I love Idunn, so it’s great to see her in the spotlight here! She fears no dragon slayers or armor effectiveness 

I actually felt like this was one of the more challenging BHBs in recent memory, though mainly I just just hate that mountain for making positioning more difficult. Going for a full flier team would’ve made it a breeze though 

Had to do a little skill and seal shuffling to one round the lance cavalier (thanks debuffs), but after that it’s not bad. Micaiah’s gotten an extra merge since last time because she decided to pity break me going for summer Laegjarn (no complaints there!). Might post another one later with my beast/dragon team because this should be an easy one for them.

I was waiting for this map so I could properly do this theme clear~

Now that the official first Fallen Emblem is complete, Hardin led his troupe of evil doers in his quest for power!

Not much needed here. Hardin needed to not be doubled, M!Grima needed to be able to kill the Lance Cav (I removed Hone Atk from Celica so TA with Brazen did the trick) and Celica needed to be fast enough to double the Bow Fighter since he is the one unit in the game besides Spring Sharena who though Swift Stance was a cute Skill to have~

Comments!

@LordFrigid - What a cute theme. That is a wild Jagen, even if he didn’t do much. Marth and Caeda getting the kills on their clones was the highlight!

@mampfoid - Ooh Tibarn making his debut, he and the quadding girles made pretty easy work of this one. Armored Blow, new meta~

@Sasori - The speed at which you skip through every kind of menu always makes me laugh~ Anyway, Corrin Emblem! NY!Corrin throwing himself to his death right away but he got the rebound kill. A!Corrin destroys everything with her speedy specials and the others take care of Marth and that Bow Fighter. Great teamwork and great clear!

@Nanima - Fun music for fun times. Takus being bows easily deal with the fliers upfront and Nyakumi has no issue one-shitting the cav with OG!Taku taking on the mage~ Skadkumi is unbothered by a little tanking and deals with the inferior bow user and Marth is easily cleaned up by Sunkumi~ Well done!

@Alexmender - Another Idunn clear! Even Caeda’s effective Luna wasn’t enough to take her down. Impressive living on 1 HP and getting all that health back and running through the rest of the map with ease. I find it funny both Caeda and Marth have effectiveness on Idunn and she still destroyed them, haha, nice!

@kirauza343 - Nice having Cherche being able to hit and run to safety, taking out Caeda was really impressive! Celica and Micaiah do the usual nuking and Marisa tanks and kills effortlessly as always. Awesome!

Sorry for the double post but a second clear came up~ To celebrate Jeorge making it to the final round of VG, I wanted to let the Husbandos take a crack at this map~ I did Turn 1 as a joke, but, well...it didn't turn out as intended and so we have this...

But hey, Jeorge looks nice on that thumbnail, right?

19 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Congrats on pulling Tibarn!  This map was a little too easy  for him, but I'm sure he'll be put to good use in future maps.

10 hours ago, Landmaster said:

Now that the official first Fallen Emblem is complete, Hardin led his troupe of evil doers in his quest for power!

Not much needed here. Hardin needed to not be doubled, M!Grima needed to be able to kill the Lance Cav (I removed Hone Atk from Celica so TA with Brazen did the trick) and Celica needed to be fast enough to double the Bow Fighter since he is the one unit in the game besides Spring Sharena who though Swift Stance was a cute Skill to have~

Ah, so this is the bad ending of Mystery of the Emblem?  Very fitting that Hardin gets both the Marth and Caeda kills.  Nice job!

3 hours ago, Hilda said:

Seriously BHBs and GHB on infernal are becomeing a joke...

Personally I don't mind the lower difficulty of the BHB/GHBs - if nothing else it just means we get to see no-SI Askr trio still somehow put in work after one would think they'd be long obsolete.  I really liked the positioning that forces the green mage to attack Veronica instead of Anna or Sharena.  He could have attacked Alfonse, but that TA refine putting in some indirect work.

My own clear is nothing special with the usual Julius + Julia duo.  I managed to clear it in one try, but by giving Julia a 3-cooldown special instead of her usual 4 lets them clear it in 3 turns instead of 4.

@Nanima

DreamCorrin is indeed a powerhouse. her atk/speed gets pretty insane with her bonds and her weapon breath. Probably the only one of the 3 that has absurd combat stats

Also nice clear. The taku's did't even break a sweat. Evil Takumi barely took any damage from that blue flier and no one else got any more threatening.

@Landmaster

Team frownyface had a harder time with the happy couple then I thought, but some expert swapping/reposition kept them safe and sound. Also have you tried Nina's reading glasses on Hardin? He looks amazing with those on.

Team husbando was a funny sight. The entire map fell against just Keaton with the rest only needing to gang up on Marth.

@mampfoid

Well in the Japanese version of Fates Corrin could invite people to his/her room for some inapropiate face touching. They reference it once or twice in heroes too I believe. Its weird, but I thought it was so weird that it became kinda funny.

@LordFrigid

Just wait until you see my Roy team. No colouring will save you there 🙂

4 hours ago, DLNarshen said:

Personally I don't mind the lower difficulty of the BHB/GHBs - if nothing else it just means we get to see no-SI Askr trio still somehow put in work after one would think they'd be long obsolete.  I really liked the positioning that forces the green mage to attack Veronica instead of Anna or Sharena.  He could have attacked Alfonse, but that TA refine putting in some indirect work.

I mean yeah i restrict myself on GHBs and BHBs with using no or little inheritance on the Askrtrio, but this game is about building your units so Abyssal modes for those would be fun. Waiting for Season 2 Abyssal GHB maps ._.

Also people keep saying how Alfonses refine is garbage, while i strongly disagree. His refine is perfect for him. I just rocked Arena this week with him, against alot of Blue Dragons. Granted his Chearleader Squad was: Marth with Infantry Breath and Spur Def/RES  on his C-Slot, L!Azura for them nice buffs and Azama for that nice Witchy Wand break.

Alfonse himself was running:
His refined weapon (with Triangle Adept)
A: Bonus Doubler
B: Cancel Affinity
C Slot: Attack Smoke
Seal: Quick Riposte.

With Cancel Affinity and the Support he was able to tackle everything. Granted there are easier ways to deal with stuff, but i like his refine.

23 hours ago, Flying Shogi said:

@mampfoidA little sad that Caeda didn't see action but that's a nice Tibarn you got there, congrats!

Thanks! 

Yeah, perhaps Caeda should have killed something on her own map. Perhaps next time. ; -) 

On 7/6/2019 at 9:46 PM, Flying Shogi said:

Cavalry: I forgot Camus had Vantage so I was a little confused when Caeda just dissappered off the map when I played it with the map animations off.

Haha, I know that (Vantage) feeling. Great start by Camus, this map covers so much ground with their units, It's hard to start this way. 

Nice Drag Back strat with Cherche, I might copy that with my Celica clear (if I get to do themed clear). MarMar wasn't prepared for guests like those, I bet he was confused by raging Tiki. 

23 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

What a great one turn map, Mampf! Well done!

Thank you! : -) 

21 hours ago, Nanima said:

Tibarn's debut!! He's looking great there! Seeing him team up with Elincia to take down the lovebirds was fun to see. The rest of the map was pretty much a massacre in your favour. Glad to see Airzura keep putting in her work. Still the best flying singer imo. haha

Thanks! 

Yeah, Airzura didn't sing much, quatting was too much fun. 

21 hours ago, Nanima said:

It's always nice to air out the room with something simple after the LHB season:

Don't know if it was so simple, but Takus certainly make it look so! F!Taku does some nice tanking btw. 

19 hours ago, Alexmender said:

@mampfoid Cool as always. Going full flier this time works with how many water tiles there are on this map. It was a nice showcase of Armored blow, although I still think that skill is pretty bad unless you're trying to do some sort of shenanigans with H!Myrrh.

Thanks! Haha, of course I wouldn't use Armored Blow as a to-go skill on any unit, but it's a nice tool for me to even out squishy-ness. Tibarns "armored blow" is op though, my Tibarn reaches 53 DEF on initiation (buffed). 

19 hours ago, Alexmender said:

I was going to do the classic Eirika run, but once again the map proved to be too easy so no need to bring the heavy hitters (guess we'll have to wait until the 3 houses GHB or the next Mythic). I'm sure if Medeus was in someone could make a FE10/11 villain theme with Gharnef/Medeus/Hardin/F!Tiki?. Regardless, I'm just rambling at this point so I'll let the clear speak for itself.

Wow, Idunn doesn't need to stay back. Not even Falchion or Winged Sword plus precharged specials scare her. Great unit and clear! 

18 hours ago, kirauza343 said:

@mampfoid I’m glad you finally pulled Tibarn! It was nice seeing him and Elincia working together, and you know I love your offensive Airzura

Thank you, Tibarn was very welcome among my GF squads. Azura has a new hobby besides singing: Quatting. 

18 hours ago, kirauza343 said:

I actually felt like this was one of the more challenging BHBs in recent memory, though mainly I just just hate that mountain for making positioning more difficult. Going for a full flier team would’ve made it a breeze though 

Challenges are fun, glad you were more than up to this one. 

Ohoo, opening with Cherche was a good move and she gets an anti-wta boss kill even! 

SPD stacking on Micaiah looks really fun, I should build my +SPD copy already. Fun clear, congrats! 

15 hours ago, Landmaster said:

Fallen theme never fails, I like it! 

Hey, Hardin scared Caeda away with her effective sword. She nearly seems confused, leaving her husband dying alone. 

15 hours ago, Landmaster said:

@mampfoid - Ooh Tibarn making his debut, he and the quadding girles made pretty easy work of this one. Armored Blow, new meta~

You should get armored blow fodder asap! 

8 hours ago, Landmaster said:

Sorry for the double post but a second clear came up~ To celebrate Jeorge making it to the final round of VG, I wanted to let the Husbandos take a crack at this map~ I did Turn 1 as a joke, but, well...it didn't turn out as intended and so we have this...

Haha, nearly an accidental solo by Keaton. I knew I was still missing an awesome red beast! 

Funny how the rest had to work together to kill remaining Marth. 

8 hours ago, Hilda said:

Seriously BHBs and GHB on infernal are becomeing a joke...

Too bad for Marth & Caeda that Askirs didn't show any sign of humor here. Funny how Anna got to kill Marth, without SI even, great! 

Btw: Why don't you use stat refine on Alfonse instead of special refine + CA? 

5 hours ago, DLNarshen said:

Congrats on pulling Tibarn!  This map was a little too easy  for him, but I'm sure he'll be put to good use in future maps.

Thanks! 

He already showed his abilities in TTs. Beast birds let me beat lunatic/7 runs in 8-10 turns. 

5 hours ago, DLNarshen said:

My own clear is nothing special with the usual Julius + Julia duo.  I managed to clear it in one try, but by giving Julia a 3-cooldown special instead of her usual 4 lets them clear it in 3 turns instead of 4.

Clearly the better couple! 

Marth looked a little desperate, he was too late, J&J were quickly cleaning house. 

4 hours ago, Sasori said:

Well in the Japanese version of Fates Corrin could invite people to his/her room for some inapropiate face touching. They reference it once or twice in heroes too I believe. Its weird, but I thought it was so weird that it became kinda funny.

It's different in Japanese? Didn't know that. Interesting (and odd) even if I didn't play fates yet. 

@mampfoidI allways run personal weapons with special refine on all units, never with stat refine. Besides i like his special refine. I think its more interesting to work around special refines. Besides Alfonses Special Refine and CA isnt that bad, means he has no disadvantage against Blue or Red and murders Green.

I’ve been considering showing off my main beast/dragon team for a while now and I’ve finally gotten around to doing a clear with them! They’re probably my second most invested in team after Celica’s group (if only because my flier team either came with their skills or have skills that are easily available). 

I wish Corrin had gotten a chance to really show off what she can do (because boy that’s a lot of speed and attack stacking) but there’s always next time. At least Leanne got to do something!

11 hours ago, Hilda said:

Alfonse himself was running:
His refined weapon (with Triangle Adept)
A: Bonus Doubler
 B: Cancel Affinity
C Slot: Attack Smoke
Seal: Quick Riposte.

With Cancel Affinity and the Support he was able to tackle everything. Granted there are easier ways to deal with stuff, but i like his refine.

Why not go with Def or Res Refinement to open up the B slot?

I personally went with Atk Refinement since I am more comfortable using him on Player Phase with Desperation-Brash Assault.