BHB: Marth & Caeda

mampfoid

11 hours ago, Hilda said:

@mampfoidI allways run personal weapons with special refine on all units, never with stat refine. Besides i like his special refine. I think its more interesting to work around special refines. Besides Alfonses Special Refine and CA isnt that bad, means he has no disadvantage against Blue or Red and murders Green.

Well, he still has still WT disadvantage against (non-TA) blue units. I also like his special refine, but TA+CA seems a waste of his B-slot. 

7 hours ago, kirauza343 said:

I wish Corrin had gotten a chance to really show off what she can do (because boy that’s a lot of speed and attack stacking) but there’s always next time. At least Leanne got to do something!

Wow, DC and QR on Leanne? Wouldn't have thought of it. Idunn and Nailah show some great tanking abilities ... 8 effective damage, haha. 

Nice Corrin! Mine is +SPD as well, but I'm not using her much. Looking forward to see yours in action next time. 

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 hours ago, XRay said:

Why not go with Def or Res Refinement to open up the B slot?

I personally went with Atk Refinement since I am more comfortable using him on Player Phase with Desperation-Brash Assault.

why should I? Cancel Affinity with his Refine turns all Blue units basicly into colorless Match ups, which i prefer alot more.

I had no problems dealing due to this with blue units with support. And as mentioned above i allways run personal refines, allways!

14 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Well, he still has still WT disadvantage against (non-TA) blue units. I also like his special refine, but TA+CA seems a waste of his B-slot. 

Wow, DC and QR on Leanne? Wouldn't have thought of it. Idunn and Nailah show some great tanking abilities ... 8 effective damage, haha. 

Nice Corrin! Mine is +SPD as well, but I'm not using her much. Looking forward to see yours in action next time. 

He does not. Because his own weapon has TA refine so Cancel Affinity makes it a neutral match up! The enemy doesnt need to run TA. Thats the beauty of Cancel Affinity

5 minutes ago, Hilda said:

He does not. Because his own weapon has TA refine so Cancel Affinity makes it a neutral match up! The enemy doesnt need to run TA. Thats the beauty of Cancel Affinity

As far as I understood this, foes need TA/Gem to be affected by Alfonses CA: 

If unit has weapon-triangle disadvantage, reverses weapon-triangle advantage granted by foe's skills.

Edited by mampfoid

3 hours ago, mampfoid said:

As far as I understood this, foes need TA/Gem to be affected by Alfonses CA: 

Neutralizes weapon-triangle advantage granted by unit's skills. If unit has weapon-triangle disadvantage, reverses weapon-triangle advantage granted by foe's skills.

This is the full text. Since Alfonse has TA refine.m on himself. It makes Match up Neutral. It doesnt matter if TA is on for or your unit. The skill just needs to be there.

5 hours ago, Hilda said:

why should I? Cancel Affinity with his Refine turns all Blue units basicly into colorless Match ups, which i prefer alot more.

2 hours ago, Hilda said:

Since Alfonse has TA refine.m on himself. It makes Match up Neutral. It doesnt matter if TA is on for or your unit. The skill just needs to be there.

"Neutralizes weapon-triangle advantage granted by unit's skills. If unit has weapon-triangle disadvantage, reverses weapon-triangle advantage granted by foe's skills."

The first sentence states that the skill always disables your own Triangle Adept; it does NOT neutralize matchups, it simply states that your Triangle Adept will be treated as if it never existed.

The second sentence states that the skill reverses the foe's Triangle Adept if your unit is at a disadvantage; Cancel Affinity will only neutralize matchups IF the foe has an advantage AND Triangle Adept; Cancal Affnity will not neutralize matchups if the foe has an advantage but does not have Triangle Adept.

It matters where Triangle Adept is placed, because Cancel Affinity will always disable your own Triangle Adept, similar to how Hardy Bearing will always disable your own Vantage and Desperation. What separates Cancel Affinity from Hardy Bearing is that Cancel Affinity treats enemies' Triangle Adept differently from the unit's Triangle Adept, whereas Hardy Bearing treats all Vantage and Desperation from both unit and foe as the same.

For examples:

Spoiler

Alfonse with Triangle Adept and Cancel Affinity vs. Blue Foe
Regular Triangle Matchup
Nothing happens. Alfonse's own Triangle Adept is disabled and the blue foe does not have Triangle Adept for Cancel Affinity to reverse.

Alfonse with Triangle Adept and Cancel Affinity vs. Blue Foe with Triangle Adept
Neutral Matchup
Alfonse's own Triangle Adept is disabled. Blue has Triangle Adept, so their Triangle Adept got reversed, which neutralizes the matchup.

Alfonse with Triangle Adept and Cancel Affinity vs. Blue Foe with Cancel Affinity
Regular Triangle Matchup
I am not entirely sure about the interaction, but I am assuming it is a regular matchup since Alfonse masks his own Triangle Adept.

Alfonse with Triangle Adept and Cancel Affinity vs. Blue Foe with Triangle Adept and Cancel Affinity
Regular Triangle Matchup
I am not entirely sure about the interaction, but I am assuming it is a regular matchup since each unit masks their own Triangle Adept.

— — — — — — —

Alfonse with Triangle Adept and Cancel Affinity vs. Green Foe
Regular Triangle Matchup
Nothing happens. Alfonse's own Triangle Adept is disabled and the green foe does not have Triangle Adept.

Alfonse with Triangle Adept and Cancel Affinity vs. Green Foe with Triangle Adept
Triangle Adept Matchup
Alfonse's own Triangle Adept is disabled. Green foe has Triangle Adept, but Alfonse's Cancel Affinity does not disable it.

Alfonse with Triangle Adept and Cancel Affinity vs. Green Foe with Cancel Affinity
Regular Triangle Matchup
I am not entirely sure about the interaction, but I am assuming it is a regular matchup since Alfonse masks his own Triangle Adept.

Alfonse with Triangle Adept and Cancel Affinity vs. Green Foe with Triangle Adept and Cancel Affinity
Regular Triangle Matchup
I am not entirely sure about the interaction, but I am assuming it is a regular matchup since each unit masks their own Triangle Adept.

In all the above examples, if Alfonse does not have Triangle Adept, he will still perform the same.

On 7/7/2019 at 3:45 AM, kirauza343 said:

Wow, that looked absolutely effortless! Absolutely no problem for the Takumi squad 

Yeah, this one was rather easy for archers. Especially with a flying archer along for the ride.

On 7/7/2019 at 3:45 AM, kirauza343 said:

I actually felt like this was one of the more challenging BHBs in recent memory, though mainly I just just hate that mountain for making positioning more difficult

You do say that, but except for the lance cav and archer, none of the enemies seemed problematic for you. Good on Cherche and Marisa for taking those hits and then going against the weapon triangle to finish the job. Well done!

17 hours ago, kirauza343 said:

I’ve been considering showing off my main beast/dragon team for a while now and I’ve finally gotten around to doing a clear with them!

Yay, some more powerful women! They really told Marth and Caeda to get a room here. haha Especially Idunn was great, with how much she could handle. Marth may as well have been holding a bronze sword for how much it did against her. Congrats!

On 7/7/2019 at 6:13 AM, Landmaster said:

I was waiting for this map so I could properly do this theme clear~

The lovebirds probably didn't expect these people to show up and ruin their honeymoon. Way to scare em straight. Fallen Celica taking on the Lance Cav was pretty impressive, and the rest of the map just seemed to fold into itself afterwards. Caeda was a bit of a threat at the end, but she couldn't withstand Bold Fighter from Hardin. Execellently done!

To celebrate Jeorge making it to the final round of VG, I wanted to let the Husbandos take a crack at this map

Cute and fitting music you got there. And Keaton almost clearing the map himself was so hilarious. I thought he was going to die at first, but then remembered just how broken he is. At least he left some for the rest and Jeorge does look very impressive on that thumbnail. This really brightened my day!

Fun music for fun times. Takus being bows easily deal with the fliers upfront and Nyakumi has no issue one-shitting the cav with OG!Taku taking on the mage~ Skadkumi is unbothered by a little tanking and deals with the inferior bow user and Marth is easily cleaned up by Sunkumi~ Well done!

Thanks! Yeah, none of the enmies were able to challenge the Takus really. Unless they are armours or dragons, holding out against the firepower doesn't work too well. 

On 7/7/2019 at 5:37 PM, Sasori said:

Also nice clear. The taku's did't even break a sweat. Evil Takumi barely took any damage from that blue flier and no one else got any more threatening.

I really appreciate at least one of the Takus having a great Res stat (though Nyakumi's isn't bad either).

22 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Don't know if it was so simple, but Takus certainly make it look so! F!Taku does some nice tanking btw. 

It's good to have a reliable tank in a team full of otherwise rather brittle nukes. haha

On to the last two clears:

@mcsilas @daisy jane @Azuris @Robert of Normandy @ruruo @Zeo (I'll start tagging you again, though I don't require a reply.)

Music: 1. Victory - from Grandia 1 2. versus Brandon/May - from Pokémon ORAS (gotta love those trumpets)

Orignally planned on getting rid of both Marth and Caeda at the start, but the left pillar made things too awkward. As such I switched back to my old strategy of prodding them with the pain stick and then having Sakura take out 90% of the rest of the map. Really, although it was a bit tougher for them, this map didn't cause the girs to break into too much of a sweat. Next!

Music: The Three Young Women - from Grandia 1

Started out by having Sunkumi rid me off Caeda again (her Atk-Debuff is so annoying) then Sakunyan took out the mages and Reyson got his fill by killing the lance cav. Had to have Maribelle hit Marth twice to weaken the Archer enough for Sakunyan to finish. I was tired when I recorded this, so I almost messed up there with getting the last kill. Luckily I remembered in time, but I decided it wasn't bad enough to redo the clear. 

Hope you enjoyed! 

Oliver gets some fun finally and Stahl shows Caeda his own refine. 

@daisy jane 

11 minutes ago, Nanima said:

(I'll start tagging you again, though I don't require a reply.)

Short (and straight forward) video(s), short reply: Great! : -) 

I like kitty Sakura in both videos. Since I got only Nowi from her banner, I might try again next Halloween. 

27 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Poor Marth had no chance against that beauty. Taku acquit himself well against the flier here as well and Wallhart proved himself a real Wall to tackle. I love seeing Stahl's refine at work here. It seems to do a lot for him. 

30 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Short (and straight forward) video(s), short reply: Great! : -) 

I like kitty Sakura in both videos. Since I got only Nowi from her banner, I might try again next Halloween. 

Oh no, I was referring to Zeo, who doesn't usually do these clears anymore, so I thought I should explain there's no pressure.;; Of course, no one has to reply to my clears, but I do still really appreciate them. Hope this mistake on my part won't result in radio silence for future clears. haha;;;;

This BHB is really easy - trivialized it with this fliers team.

5+7+5 Bath Camilla: Def Kagami Mochi+, Reposition, Noontime, Close Counter, Mystic Boost 3, Atk Smoke 3, Iote's Shield, S-rank ally support with New Years Azura
+Spd/-Atk New Years Azura: Spd Hagoita, Sing, Iote's Shield, Flier Formation 3, Hone Fliers, Drive Atk 2, S-rank ally support with Bath Camilla
5+10+1 Aversa: Aversa's Night, Reposition, Moonbow, Red Duel Flying 3, Fortify Fliers, HP +5
+Res/-Spd Halloween Mia: Dazzling Witchy Wand+, Ward Fliers

9 hours ago, Nanima said:

I love seeing Stahl's refine at work here. It seems to do a lot for him. 

His refine gives him some nice options. I was just happy he could tank Caeda (who dealt effective damage and had precharged Luna) with his vanilla skills. 

9 hours ago, Nanima said:

Oh no, I was referring to Zeo, who doesn't usually do these clears anymore, so I thought I should explain there's no pressure.;; Of course, no one has to reply to my clears, but I do still really appreciate them. Hope this mistake on my part won't result in radio silence for future clears. haha;;;;

Woops, sorry for the misunderstanding. I thought you were out of time to read long stuff. ^^ 

On 7/7/2019 at 11:07 AM, DLNarshen said:

Ah, so this is the bad ending of Mystery of the Emblem?  Very fitting that Hardin gets both the Marth and Caeda kills.  Nice job!

Personally I don't mind the lower difficulty of the BHB/GHBs - if nothing else it just means we get to see no-SI Askr trio still somehow put in work after one would think they'd be long obsolete.  I really liked the positioning that forces the green mage to attack Veronica instead of Anna or Sharena.  He could have attacked Alfonse, but that TA refine putting in some indirect work.

My own clear is nothing special with the usual Julius + Julia duo.  I managed to clear it in one try, but by giving Julia a 3-cooldown special instead of her usual 4 lets them clear it in 3 turns instead of 4.

I had really only planned to have him kill Marth but nice he was tanky enough for both, thanks!

I love how Julius’ quotes are so fitting, calling Caeda nothing while blowing her completely back after eating a Luna. Nice seeing Julia be more active in these and netting a bunch more kills~ The duo made easy work of this map~

On 7/7/2019 at 11:37 AM, Sasori said:

@Landmaster

Team frownyface had a harder time with the happy couple then I thought, but some expert swapping/reposition kept them safe and sound. Also have you tried Nina's reading glasses on Hardin? He looks amazing with those on.

Team husbando was a funny sight. The entire map fell against just Keaton with the rest only needing to gang up on Marth.

I haven't tried those on him, I'll have to do that~ I'm always struggling to keep an Accessory on him~ Glad you enjoyed!

On 7/7/2019 at 4:28 PM, mampfoid said:

Fallen theme never fails, I like it! 

Hey, Hardin scared Caeda away with her effective sword. She nearly seems confused, leaving her husband dying alone. 

You should get armored blow fodder asap! 

Haha, nearly an accidental solo by Keaton. I knew I was still missing an awesome red beast! 

Funny how the rest had to work together to kill remaining Marth. 

Awaiting for you to get Keaton and make him Galeforce everything with Armored Blow

On 7/8/2019 at 3:06 PM, Nanima said:

The lovebirds probably didn't expect these people to show up and ruin their honeymoon. Way to scare em straight. Fallen Celica taking on the Lance Cav was pretty impressive, and the rest of the map just seemed to fold into itself afterwards. Caeda was a bit of a threat at the end, but she couldn't withstand Bold Fighter from Hardin. Execellently done!

Cute and fitting music you got there. And Keaton almost clearing the map himself was so hilarious. I thought he was going to die at first, but then remembered just how broken he is. At least he left some for the rest and Jeorge does look very impressive on that thumbnail. This really brightened my day!

On to the last two clears:

Music: 1. Victory - from Grandia 1 2. versus Brandon/May - from Pokémon ORAS (gotta love those trumpets)

Orignally planned on getting rid of both Marth and Caeda at the start, but the left pillar made things too awkward. As such I switched back to my old strategy of prodding them with the pain stick and then having Sakura take out 90% of the rest of the map. Really, although it was a bit tougher for them, this map didn't cause the girs to break into too much of a sweat. Next!

Music: The Three Young Women - from Grandia 1

Started out by having Sunkumi rid me off Caeda again (her Atk-Debuff is so annoying) then Sakunyan took out the mages and Reyson got his fill by killing the lance cav. Had to have Maribelle hit Marth twice to weaken the Archer enough for Sakunyan to finish. I was tired when I recorded this, so I almost messed up there with getting the last kill. Luckily I remembered in time, but I decided it wasn't bad enough to redo the clear. 

Hope you enjoyed! 

I honestly expected him to die right away on Turn 1 and I was even more surprised he one-shot the Lance Cav after that~ Needless to say,I was like, I have to record this, LOL~ Glad you enjoyed it as much as I did~ I was also quite impressed that Celica could take on the Lance Cav, as well~

Ah, that Brendan/May theme music~ Makes it feel a lot more fun for the girls and it was a pretty easy battle for them. Senkura’s chipping right off the bat made it easy for a lot of the foes to fall. OG!Sakura is the usual killing machine, taking everyone down on EP~ Those double bonds make her not even break a sweat to double Marth~ Awesome!

Easy kill on Caeda by Takumi means the team is safe from her annoying debuffs for the rest of the map~ Sakunyan easily blows back the mages while Reyson gets rid of the Lance Cav~  Maribelle gets her time to shine by killing the big boss and assisting Sakunyan to get the final kill with some support from her brother. Also great and cute music!

On 7/8/2019 at 3:23 PM, mampfoid said:

All of the movement shenanigans to get The Conqueror to the bottom was pretty amusing, as he would say~ He got some nice quick kills while Oliver and Takumi snipped other enemies down from a distance. Stahl was the MVP with his 1 HP live and EP double using his refine!~

7 hours ago, Landmaster said:

Awaiting for you to get Keaton and make him Galeforce everything with Armored Blow

Sturdy impact could be really good on him though. Btw: I only have one spare Cordy left, but I wanted to keep her if I ever want to switch to +SPD. 

8 hours ago, Landmaster said:

All of the movement shenanigans to get The Conqueror to the bottom was pretty amusing, as he would say~

Amusing, yeah haha. It's more because I didn't want to give Stahl Reposition. 

8 hours ago, Landmaster said:

Stahl was the MVP with his 1 HP live and EP double using his refine!~

Making him survive an effective Luna blow with his vanilla skills was pretty satisfying. 

@Alexmender Nice. I wish I had an Idunn...

@LordFrigid Nani, that Jagen. Too bad he didn't get to do much. Also, poor Catria

@mampfoid Azura had many options, but she just chose to do the dirty work herself at the end, huh?

@kirauza343 Nice Marisa as usual. They just got torn apart.

@Landmaster Grimas + Hardin vs Marth and Caeda is definitely a nice battle. Great Jeorge, too. Too bad he didn't get to do much...

@DLNarshen I was wondering how it would go vs Marth, but I guess little sister had his back, huh.

@mcsilas

Wasn't gonna do a vid because of how easy it was, but I got bored and played around with the map while I was waiting for something.

I guess it really is just that easy.

@SatsumaFSoysoy

He was mostly an AR experiment, not well suited to one-turn combat participation at all =P . I think he’d be better off with +Atk/Barrier Lance. +Atk I can do, but Barrier Lance...not so much.

Catria got to take out her sorrow on the Lance Cav and Green Mage. She’ll be fine.

Nice work on that Kagero solo. I didn’t immediately realize that the space above Caeda was land, tbh.

@LordFrigid Exceptional themed clear! I lament not being able to do something like this. Especially considering I have each of these units.

@mampfoid Another showcase of crazy Galeforce Tibarn. It's criminal that he's the only beast from that banner I still don't have. Still the biggest surprise was Azura using GF. I saw she had it, I just wasn't expecting the dancer to play such a direct role. I love the variety in your units now. You have so many different options for map clearing and I think that's really cool that there are so many tools available that cater to your specific style of clears.

Oh man you brought back the villain team! I can't believe I forgot about them. I've seen them clear some pretty tough maps, they were coasting here in comparison but it was just nostalgic seeing them all in action again though I have to say I'm missing the old music selection choices. They ranged from jarring to hilariously appropriate, but always had charm.

@Nanima Child's play for your pinapples. I didn't bother doing a Matt clear for this map because it was so fun, but you managed to make a clear like this interesting and fresh. I really needed to do more colorless only clears when this was a regular thing for me.

The Sakura clear and your third clear both gave me nostalgic feels as well. The former for how long it's been since I've seen things like OG Sakura's titanic damage (like... seriously..) and the latter for the music choice.

@Alexmender Idunn taking 3 damage from a WTD magic unit was the big WTH moment in this clear. Nothing really surprised me after that, my jaw was pretty much just out. I don't remember what her weapon or kit does to take that little damage from enemies but she's a beast. Nevermind tanking effective damage with special procs and surviving with no healing outside of Aether. Also I don't remember you using custom tracks this often back in the day! Unless there's a new music feature in the game, I don't really know what's going in these days, especially with Aether resort.

@Landmaster Nice villain clear there. The choice of music caught me by surprise but it really set the tone for the clear. I don't typically use villains but they definitely add a different feel to the clears when you're fighting heroes specifically. 

@Hilda Always appreciated how you challenged yourself not only to clear tough maps with the Askr trio but to even go so far as to gimp them with empty slots when the map itself would be too easy with skills.

@SatsumaFSoysoy There's that Kagero I was missing. That Smite trick was everything, I would never have even thought to do something like that. Effortless clear. Kagero just charged right into the heart of the enemy team and just destroyed everything. Gave me reverse Matthew feels.

@mcsilas @NegativeExponents- @Rafiel's Aria @Xenomata @Poimagic @Cute Chao @Usana @ruruo @Azuris @kirauza343 @Rezzy @Ginko

THE MUSIC ON THE SECOND CLEAR THOUGH. Serious nostalgia there. Also Keaton's a beast (literally) and I really appreciate that someone took Lon'Qu to *5+10 when I only did the *4 supermerge thing with him. I can only imagine how much stronger he is with the full boost. Oh wait... was this about Jeorge?... Jeorge was nice too.

Yeah so, I wasn't going to do a clear of this. Matt trivialized this map. As in... REALLY trivialized it to the point it wasn't even worth the time it would take to edit and upload and do this. And that was before his refine which made the map even more of a wash, not worth it for the debut of his newly refined kit. But then I thought it was a good opportunity to bring back the old bookworm Morgan. So here's a surprise for you! Due to the nature of the team, I had to be just a bit less straightforward in order to clear it, but you've come to expect that of the Morgan clears eh? Hope you've missed them, enjoy the Legacy clear. You might just noticed the team has changed a bit while they've been a way.

I wanted to do a special clear for this one but nothing really worked. Due to the nature of the choke points (point A = Caeda + Blue Flier | point B = 2 greens and a blue) it was hard to get units to tank or initiate properly while using a composition that fit a certain theme that didn't feel forced. After about a half hour playing around with combinations it just didn't feel worth it when the map itself is so easy with my core teams, so this is all you get. (Had I had L!Tiki, I probably could have done an FE1 clear tho, so that's a bummer as that was my first choice.)

Anyways, Cheers. Haven't said that in a while.

7 hours ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Wasn't gonna do a vid because of how easy it was, but I got bored and played around with the map while I was waiting for something.

I know that feeling, I think I played all GHB maps of the daily rotation this week. 

Oh, I liked the opener with dance + smite over the river. Kagero shows no mercy with Marth, Caeda and all the rest. 

1 hour ago, Zeo said:

@mampfoid Another showcase of crazy Galeforce Tibarn. It's criminal that he's the only beast from that banner I still don't have. 

Only after Tibarns banner ended, I realized how perfect he was for my purposes. I was really lucky to get him from his last banner, pulling only 2 Grays

1 hour ago, Zeo said:

Still the biggest surprise was Azura using GF. I saw she had it, I just wasn't expecting the dancer to play such a direct role. I love the variety in your units now. You have so many different options for map clearing and I think that's really cool that there are so many tools available that cater to your specific style of clears.

Variety is important, otherwise these maps would get boring too fast. Glad you liked Quad-Airzura! 

I wish I could build more GF units, Naesala and some other beasts are great candidates, but I'm out of fodder currently. 

1 hour ago, Zeo said:

Oh man you brought back the villain team! I can't believe I forgot about them. I've seen them clear some pretty tough maps, they were coasting here in comparison but it was just nostalgic seeing them all in action again though I have to say I'm missing the old music selection choices. They ranged from jarring to hilariously appropriate, but always had charm.

Yeah, I'm not bringing them often, but this week was just empty (feh-wise). I'm not the biggest editor and finding a fitting song wasn't easy for me. Since I'm not listening much to music these days, my portfolio is quite limited. Perhaps on a special occasion, I might bring a video with music. 

1 hour ago, Zeo said:

Hope you've missed them, enjoy the Legacy clear. You might just noticed the team has changed a bit while they've been a way.

Oh yeah, a Morgen clear, great! I remember when you were trying to find a recipient for the CC fodder you had, glad you picked him in the end. 

So new merges for Morgan and Ninian, plus the refine for Amelia? Nice! 

Amelia was perfect to tank the first onslaught, I still didn't find a good start for a Celica clear (they are not exactly tanky). Morgan took care of the greens and Marth without much effort, while Amelia finished the flying mage and her personal menace, effective pre-charged Luna Caeda. Still love her Escape Route set. 

Are you planning a clear for the Morgan & Morgan BHB as well? 

2 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Yeah, I'm not bringing them often, but this week was just empty (feh-wise). I'm not the biggest editor and finding a fitting song wasn't easy for me. Since I'm not listening much to music these days, my portfolio is quite limited. Perhaps on a special occasion, I might bring a video with music. 

Don't worry about it. It's good you went with something easier and more streamlined. It's better when doing something like this, the music is just nostalgic is all. It's cool every now and again if you feel like doing it though for sure.

Amelia was perfect to tank the first onslaught, I still didn't find a good start for a Celica clear (they are not exactly tanky). Morgan took care of the greens and Marth without much effort, while Amelia finished the flying mage and her personal menace, effective pre-charged Luna Caeda. Still love her Escape Route set. 

Ha, the sad irony is that I really wanted to be able to utilize her Iconic WoM set from most of the team's clears. ER was an alternative every now and again I just happened to need this time around haha. Part of me wanted to have everyone's old sets for the clear for nostalgia, but teleporting Amelia is awesome all the same.

Are you planning a clear for the Morgan & Morgan BHB as well?

I actually might do the full 3 clear set for that BHB. just on the merit of it being Morgan's GHB. It'll also be the likely debut of Matt with his special refine if nothing else comes up so it's a big deal.

Edited by Zeo

7 minutes ago, Zeo said:

Ha, the sad irony is that I really wanted to be able to utilize her Iconic WoM set from % of the team's clears. ER was an alternative every now and again I just happened to need this time around haha. Part of me wanted to have everyone's old sets for the clear for nostalgia, but teleporting Amelia is awesome all the same.

True, she used WoM first and more often overall. In my memories she was beaming around, that is what counts. ^^ 

8 minutes ago, Zeo said:

I actually might do the full 3 clear set for that BHB. just on the merit of it being Morgan's GHB. It'll also be the likely debut of Matt with his special refine if nothing else comes up so it's a big deal.

Oh cool, I'll be looking forward to that. Good luck that we'll get an interesting map (doesn't happen often anymore with BHB maps). 

Btw: Are you able now to play on your own smartphone now? 

7 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

. Btw: Are you able now to play on your own smartphone now? 

Unfortunately no. But funnily enough, a new phone has come up recently, so that could be a thing in the near future. If that's the case, I could play the game a bit more regularly (though passively now and not really actively anymore) since I wouldn't have to get on my PC which was only for recording.

@Zeo Nice welcome back for the Morgan team with some funky music! Love how you used the back of the map to split the forces (and the couple) apart, and great use of the mountain on the right. Using Amelia with her shiny new axe was a great solution to the chokepoint!

@SatsumaFSoysoy Oh wow didn't expect Kagero to be smited like that! She just demolished that army without a sweat. How are you liking her new dagger?

@mampfoid Oooh love the Armored Blow theme! Love the offensive Quadzura even more! Nice Tibarn debut as well, the ruler of the skies couldn't care less about that annoying land terrian. Hope to see more themed GF clears soon 😛 (once you get more Cordelias)

Nice to see Oliver and his co again! Doubling Oliver is a sight to see and Walhart just walked in that army like nothing. Love Stahl's duel at the end though, nice use of his new weapon! There's something familiar about the way you do this map...and you'll see.

@Nanima Sunkumi once again shows how crazy a flying archer is at sniping things from the sky. Takus made short work of the map, before I knew it, it was over! 

Never getting tired of flying healer shenanigans for the princesses, or Sakuras dishing out massive damage. Also nice to see Sakunyan take more of a spotlight in the stars clear!

@Landmaster Ooo I love evil-themed teams. Celica brushed off that lancer, while Hardin took that Caeda hit like a champ and it's nice to see both Grimas work together.

Husband team was unexpected, but wow Keaton just wrecked things. At least the other husbands contributed against Marth, and hey always nice to see Lon'qu!

@Alexmender Nice to see Idunn in action, damn she's bulky- shrugging off both effective weapons (Wing Sword and Falchion!). DC really makes her shine.

@daisy jane @NegativeExponents- @Ginko @Rafiel's Aria and because of some characters featured @ruruo @Johann

Would've uploaded these earlier, but the program I was using decided to not work with me for a few nights. Anywho, let's go to an Archanea clear! Time for the OG Christmas cavaliers and the headbanded recent VG participants to show their stuff!

Team is +Atk/-Res Cain, +Atk/-Res Abel, +Def/-HP Jeorge and +Spd/-Res Barst

Music is Path of the Hero King from the Fire Emblem Fates version

- Can I say how annoying the chokepoints are when baiting with melee units? Had to make creative use of Barst's muscly arms and do offensive Reposition strats to throw Cain forward in the fray, sniping the green mage instantly to start the battle. (funnily similar to how mampfoid started with Walhart). "A cavalier never retreats!" Cain says after using Drag Back, then 'tactically retreating' to safety (again thanks to Barst). 

- Jeorge makes short work of the mage flier but had to keep his distance from the team because Caeda's Atk debuff is annoying. He also needed the Spd buff from Darting Stance to prevent being doubled by the archer because once again, Caeda is annoying with her Rally + Guidance shenanigans.

- In contrast to Cain's opening moves, Abel steps up in the latter half to quickly delete our sword-wielding bosses. Caeda is a bit too speedy for Jeorge to one shot, so he can only soften her up so Abel doesn't get hit by Wing Sword. And yes, that wouldn't normally be a problem if I refined the Christmas cavaliers's weapons but Divine Dew is scarce. One day though!

- Too bad Barst didn't get to attack much, but his Reposition role is very pivotal anyway!- Fun fact, originally I cleared this with Camus instead of Abel so he can attack the green archer back but I felt using Abel was more fitting. For a bonus, here is the original clear which is similar, but because Camus had Reposition with 3 move, a few turns were slightly different and it's more turn efficient. Plus Cain is on the cover and Barst actually gets to attack.

Spoiler

---

And for something different, here some Branded descendants taking on their ancestors!

Team is +Spd Lucina +1, +HP/-Def Owain, +Atk/-Res Odin and +Spd/-HP Ophelia.

Lucina and Owain (and in extension Odin) are cousins and Ophelia is Odin's daughter, so they all descended from Marth.

Music is Assembly from Katekyo Hitman Reborn

- Again, chokepoints were annoying, so I had to rely on Odin's bulk to initiate the map- taking a hit from both Caeda's Luna and the blue flier's magic, barely surviving thanks to Fury, Ophelia's Fortify Res, Owain's Spur, Lucina's Drive Res seal, Odin's Brazen Atk/Res seal AND a C support with himself/Owain. That Res bane was biting Odin... (Ignore me pointing out Owain's seal early on, I thought he still had Drive Def from an earlier attempt). 

- Even with -Def, Owain held out in melee combat, even against the weapon triangle! Wrath also helped ensure he could deal with Caeda thanks to his bond + Blue Flame.

- Lucina WoM shenanigans was key in both escaping the crowding enemies and quickly sniping in the end. (This was back when I was going to do the Bond refine but she fell out of use to justify the Divine Dew)

On 7/12/2019 at 12:22 AM, Zeo said:

@Landmaster Nice villain clear there. The choice of music caught me by surprise but it really set the tone for the clear. I don't typically use villains but they definitely add a different feel to the clears when you're fighting heroes specifically. 

THE MUSIC ON THE SECOND CLEAR THOUGH. Serious nostalgia there. Also Keaton's a beast (literally) and I really appreciate that someone took Lon'Qu to *5+10 when I only did the *4 supermerge thing with him. I can only imagine how much stronger he is with the full boost. Oh wait... was this about Jeorge?... Jeorge was nice too.

Yeah so, I wasn't going to do a clear of this. Matt trivialized this map. As in... REALLY trivialized it to the point it wasn't even worth the time it would take to edit and upload and do this. And that was before his refine which made the map even more of a wash, not worth it for the debut of his newly refined kit. But then I thought it was a good opportunity to bring back the old bookworm Morgan. So here's a surprise for you! Due to the nature of the team, I had to be just a bit less straightforward in order to clear it, but you've come to expect that of the Morgan clears eh? Hope you've missed them, enjoy the Legacy clear. You might just noticed the team has changed a bit while they've been a way.

I wanted to do a special clear for this one but nothing really worked. Due to the nature of the choke points (point A = Caeda + Blue Flier | point B = 2 greens and a blue) it was hard to get units to tank or initiate properly while using a composition that fit a certain theme that didn't feel forced. After about a half hour playing around with combinations it just didn't feel worth it when the map itself is so easy with my core teams, so this is all you get. (Had I had L!Tiki, I probably could have done an FE1 clear tho, so that's a bummer as that was my first choice.)

Anyways, Cheers. Haven't said that in a while.

Couldn't think of more fitting music for the near Keaton solo, haha~ And yeah, Lon'qu's really great~ With Heavy Blade Galeforce and Poison Strike, he's a nice Arena cheerleader~

WHEW, Morgan has been eating some vitamins and Amelia's gotten a new toy, as well, since we last saw them. Amelia was the star of this show starting and finishing off the fight and warping like we all love her for. Ninian also did a bit of tanking herself and the main man himself made great use of his buffs, as always. Hope we'll be seeing him at +10 in the future!

On 7/11/2019 at 6:14 PM, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

@Landmaster Grimas + Hardin vs Marth and Caeda is definitely a nice battle. Great Jeorge, too. Too bad he didn't get to do much...

I guess it really is just that easy.

Smite strats! Kagero is awesome, I was worried when that green mage wasn't one shot but she tanked even on a sliver of heath and got the kill for the nice solo run!

15 hours ago, mcsilas said:

@Landmaster Ooo I love evil-themed teams. Celica brushed off that lancer, while Hardin took that Caeda hit like a champ and it's nice to see both Grimas work together.

Husband team was unexpected, but wow Keaton just wrecked things. At least the other husbands contributed against Marth, and hey always nice to see Lon'qu!

Would've uploaded these earlier, but the program I was using decided to not work with me for a few nights. Anywho, let's go to an Archanea clear! Time for the OG Christmas cavaliers and the headbanded recent VG participants to show their stuff!

Team is +Atk/-Res Cain, +Atk/-Res Abel, +Def/-HP Jeorge and +Spd/-Res Barst

Music is Path of the Hero King from the Fire Emblem Fates version

- Can I say how annoying the chokepoints are when baiting with melee units? Had to make creative use of Barst's muscly arms and do offensive Reposition strats to throw Cain forward in the fray, sniping the green mage instantly to start the battle. (funnily similar to how mampfoid started with Walhart). "A cavalier never retreats!" Cain says after using Drag Back, then 'tactically retreating' to safety (again thanks to Barst). 

- Jeorge makes short work of the mage flier but had to keep his distance from the team because Caeda's Atk debuff is annoying. He also needed the Spd buff from Darting Stance to prevent being doubled by the archer because once again, Caeda is annoying with her Rally + Guidance shenanigans.

- In contrast to Cain's opening moves, Abel steps up in the latter half to quickly delete our sword-wielding bosses. Caeda is a bit too speedy for Jeorge to one shot, so he can only soften her up so Abel doesn't get hit by Wing Sword. And yes, that wouldn't normally be a problem if I refined the Christmas cavaliers's weapons but Divine Dew is scarce. One day though!

- Too bad Barst didn't get to attack much, but his Reposition role is very pivotal anyway!- Fun fact, originally I cleared this with Camus instead of Abel so he can attack the green archer back but I felt using Abel was more fitting. For a bonus, here is the original clear which is similar, but because Camus had Reposition with 3 move, a few turns were slightly different and it's more turn efficient. Plus Cain is on the cover and Barst actually gets to attack.

Hide contents

---

And for something different, here some Branded descendants taking on their ancestors!

Team is +Spd Lucina +1, +HP/-Def Owain, +Atk/-Res Odin and +Spd/-HP Ophelia.

Lucina and Owain (and in extension Odin) are cousins and Ophelia is Odin's daughter, so they all descended from Marth.

Music is Assembly from Katekyo Hitman Reborn

- Again, chokepoints were annoying, so I had to rely on Odin's bulk to initiate the map- taking a hit from both Caeda's Luna and the blue flier's magic, barely surviving thanks to Fury, Ophelia's Fortify Res, Owain's Spur, Lucina's Drive Res seal, Odin's Brazen Atk/Res seal AND a C support with himself/Owain. That Res bane was biting Odin... (Ignore me pointing out Owain's seal early on, I thought he still had Drive Def from an earlier attempt). 

- Even with -Def, Owain held out in melee combat, even against the weapon triangle! Wrath also helped ensure he could deal with Caeda thanks to his bond + Blue Flame.

- Lucina WoM shenanigans was key in both escaping the crowding enemies and quickly sniping in the end. (This was back when I was going to do the Bond refine but she fell out of use to justify the Divine Dew)

Barst and that SEXY Reposition, though., WHEW! Always fun to see Cain and Abel and of course Jeorge (and see him actually kill things). Get those guys their refines!

Odin tanked like crazy, even if it took a lot of help, he got the job done. Owain killing the Lance Cav and the following rampage was crazy, I always forget how strong he is. Ophelia and Lucina slide in at the end for the easy clean-up, great work!

@Zeo It's good to see a video from you. I love using Morgan, so it's great seeing someone else putting him to good use. And Amelia getting that killing blow! Love it! Excellent use of the map. 

@mcsilas I really enjoyed the first clear. Thematically, Cain charging into battle and Abel being more cautious felt super appropriate. Odin taking so much damage also seemed appropriate. XD He also seems like the kind of guy to Leroy Jenkins into a battlefield despite the fact that he's supposed to be protecting a prince. I love seeing underused characters get some love.

It really sucks when you write a bible of comments for each video during 40 minutes only to have your computer glitch out and have all that work dissapear in 1 second.

I kinda lost the drive to do that again so I'll just put something short here in general. 

I watched each video and all of them were amazing in their own unique ways. I apologize beforhand for taking so long to answer but my time has been diminishing because I took a Summer course to finish College a little faster and also because I've been using a lot of my free time playing FGO and Epic Seven so I couldn't find the right time to watch the clears (until today). 

39 minutes ago, Alexmender said:

It really sucks when you write a bible of comments for each video during 40 minutes only to have your computer glitch out and have all that work dissapear in 1 second.

I kinda lost the drive to do that again so I'll just put something short here in general. 

I watched each video and all of them were amazing in their own unique ways. I apologize beforhand for taking so long to answer but my time has been diminishing because I took a Summer course to finish College a little faster and also because I've been using a lot of my free time playing FGO and Epic Seven so I couldn't find the right time to watch the clears (until today). 

Ooof I know that feel ><

(Is it me or is the forum not saving posts properly anymore? A post I was going to edit later (so I left it as a draft) disappeared the next day...)

And yeah juggling multiple gatchas is suffering haha. Good luck on your summer course!

@Rafiel's Aria Thanks! Actually I didn't notice the whole Cain and Abel personality thing, but that makes sense haha