Special Heroes - Summer Refreshes

Jave

I was right! 😄 Well, that the male silhouette was from the GBA era, and further from FE6. Hehe! I may do some light pulling for him, even though I've never played his game. Hmm but I should probably not... Even though he seems fun, dancer banner should be coming up next month, right? And there are mythic/legendary banners to worry about... I need to have the orbs to pull for Valentine's Ike when he comes up again.

Light pulling then. First wheel and that's it.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another summer banner. Can we wait a sec IS?

Ursula has an alt now (URSULA?), which is a colourless dagger cav (Could she have been anything else?) and she has some long descriptions: Scallop Blade+ (Any penalty on foe gives her +5 Atk/Spd), Rally Atk/Spd+, Def/Res Ruse (New skill that reduces enemies' Def/Res 5 by and adds the guard penalty with the same conditions as Feint (That got powercrept fast)) and Even Res Wave. Lilina (finally has an alt that doesn't suck?), sitting on a horse with a red dagger and she's got Broadleaf Fan (Adds enemy debuffs to damage) Rally Up Res+, Atk/Res Solo, Sabotage Def (Like Selkie's but Def. Nice) and Atk Opening, I'm thinking she could be better than Elise, but we'll get to see stats on the datamine. Wolt is here now (WHAT? Another alt-only unit!) and he's sitting on a horse with a green bow and got Big-Catch Bow (Like Ursula's weapon), Draw Back, Brazen Atk/Spd 4 (OMG, I would like one for everyone!) and Chill Spd, so yeah, that's some fodder. Finally, Lyn's got another alt (I thought I'd never have to get another one again. *sigh) and is a flying blue bow (I don't have a blue bow. Shit I might be convinced.), with the Deep Sea Bow (Spd+3, breaks armour, if foe has full HP and Lyn initiates, adds +4 to all stats), Reposition, Sturdy Impact (YAS), Atk/Spd Link and Distant Guard (She seems to take the principle of just having good fodder. I don't mind.).

Anyways, in the map we also get to see Fiora (Really? I was expecting Farina first. :P) and she's got a sword so I won't complain. Anyways, This banner's got me convinced on Lyn and likely Lilina as well. I wouldn't complain about getting the other two as fodder though.

Edited by Dayni

2 hours ago, Dayni said:

Lilina finally has an alt, sitting on a horse with a red dagger and she's got Broadleaf Fan (Adds enemy debuffs to damage) Rally Up Res+, Atk/Res Solo, Sabotage Def (Loke Selkie's but Def. Nice) and Atk Opening, I'm thinking she could be better than Elise, but we'll get to see stats on the datamine.

This is actually Lilina's second alt. She already got first alt last year on the 2018 Valentines banner.

3 minutes ago, NSSKG151 said:

This is actually Lilina's second alt. She already got first alt last year on the 2018 Valentines banner.

Shoot, I forgot that.

So much I forgot pulling her at some point (Hell, I'm pretty sure this was while trying to get Chrissa one time, still burying that in my mind).

Ursula, what an underhanded bait for me xD And there I thought I was pretty much save to skip this one. Dang, I have too look that I can manage my orbs here. Don't have it to merge seasonals anyway.

Edited by Stroud

Ah daggers finally got their own "Bladetome" version in the form of Gunnthras Blizzard!

I would argue its even the better version then Bladetomes, the initial part is harder to setup, but afterwards it sets up itself with in built debuffs and smoke skills.

and finally DEF Sabotage. My Wrys will be hyped

Brazen Atk/SPd 4 is only that much usefull in PVE

Ruse DEF/RES is interesting, IS finally aknowledged that the faint skill are way underperforming when compared to other B-Slot skills. This makes it worthwile.

1 hour ago, Dayni said:

(That got powercrept fast)

It's not powercreep if the original is so horribly bad that it was never worth using.

(Because otherwise, every B skill is power creep over the Feint skills because literally anything not detrimental is better than "functionally useless".)

oh boy, i couldn't have chosen a better moment to finally quit FEH

btw, at least i'm happy fiora managed to get in heroes, somehow

48 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

It's not powercreep if the original is so horribly bad that it was never worth using.

(Because otherwise, every B skill is power creep over the Feint skills because literally anything not detrimental is better than "functionally useless".)

True, Feints are too limited when they only work on the unit with the skill (That should have been at least the unit and the ally they act on). Still a powercreep, but mainly because they're so limited.

Not completely worthless though, Lugh's usage of Feint worked out great for me with the BHB running right now.

30 minutes ago, Dayni said:

True, Feints are too limited when they only work on the unit with the skill (That should have been at least the unit and the ally they act on). Still a powercreep, but mainly because they're so limited.

Not completely worthless though, Lugh's usage of Feint worked out great for me with the BHB running right now.

I hardly call it a powercreep. Original Feint skills are just very underwhelming when you have the ability to pick other B-Slot skills that perform way better. They were like the Seal(-Stat) of Book 2 and got even less desirable after the introduction of Sabotage skills. At least now i see a use for them. Guard is a very strong skill. you can give this skill to Eliwood position your Tank to debuff the enemys you want (if you can in AR), buff him with Eliwood and then just smite the tank into the direction of the enemys and initiate combat. With Smoke Pulse the enemy has almost no chance of triggering a special unless they run Flashing/Heavy Blade in precharged infantry pulse Team (even then its not sure they can get the special off)

2 hours ago, Hilda said:

Ah daggers finally got their own "Bladetome" version in the form of Gunnthras Blizzard!

I would argue its even the better version then Bladetomes, the initial part is harder to setup, but afterwards it sets up itself with in built debuffs and smoke skills.

and finally DEF Sabotage. My Wrys will be hyped

Brazen Atk/SPd 4 is only that much usefull in PVE

Ruse DEF/RES is interesting, IS finally aknowledged that the faint skill are way underperforming when compared to other B-Slot skills. This makes it worthwile.

Legault: Am I a joke to you? 

4 minutes ago, DraceEmpressa said:

This is a point I was also confused at first.
Legaults Cleaner depends on the bonus the enemy gets. This one on the penalties. 
While I think Legaults one also has its merit this one is nice to have.

Edited by Stroud

15 minutes ago, DraceEmpressa said:

Legaults dagger depends on the enemy, you have no influence over it. If the Enemy runs no visible buffs, the daggers effect becomes useless.

This one CAN be influenced by you. Because you actually can apply debuffs on the enemy and it is by far the better option if you want to run a Close Counter Vantage set because you basicly debuff the entire Team with -7 to all stats (if you run ATk smoke on C and Spd smoke as a Seal). The only counter to this would be hardy bearing, harsh command+ or Nannas healing skill.

Its by far the better option in my eyes for player controlled Teams.

8 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

But Ursula is....weird. Is she the favorite character of the lead designer? She was a very minor character so I doubt she has many fans. So why did Ursula get in before any real Blazing villain? And why does she get an alt before any real Blazing villain? Where is my summer Nergal!?

I don't understand why you and so many others find this strange. Ursula is a member of the Four Fangs, perhaps the most popular group of villains in all of FE (RIP 4 Riders of Daein. You will always be first in my heart) who are also all young and hot and they all got in Heroes because of that. They are also morally grey, which is a bonus. Ursula in particular probably leans more towards black since she doesn't seem to feel bad about her job, but on the other hand it's not like she is sadistic or kills for the fun of it, she is just an assassin. And she is manipulated by Sonia. We all do crazy things to impress the woman we love, don't judge.

And then there's Battle Before Dawn.

I don't think anyone who played Blazing Blade as their firs FE can forget how hard that chapter is. They will never forget the feeling of Ursula sniping their faves from 20 tiles away.

And last but not least, part of Ursula's popularity came from Heroes itself. She is the Blue Tome Horse you get at the beginning and she is used in FtP guides since the start.

And also, did I mention she is hot?

Honestly this choice is hardly unexpected. The only reason we did not get Seasonal Ursula sooner is because Elibe seasonals aren't common like Fates seasonals.

Oh and now that I think about it, this Summer Banner and the June one have been switched by mistake. 

It makes way more sense to release Ursula, the gay icon, during pride month, not after. Jeez Intern-kun, someone really needs to fire you. 

Anyway, what a banner. Clearly I'm gonna go for Ursula since I like her as a character and I'm not exactly swimming in Horse Daggers, so it's a new unit type for me.

Wolt is nice. I'm happy they continue to add new characters, instead of only making alts. This is the only way to get the entire cast in FEH you people. Jave said it best:

8 hours ago, Jave said:

I honestly don't mind that they seem to be introducing new characters through seasonals. The seasonal banners obviously bring in a lot of money so they're not going away, so they chose to reduce the alts and add in a few new characters in the mix. I think it's a nice middle ground to get some new characters instead of repeated ones.

And if you think about it, there's nothing different about these characters aside of their usual selves. They're just wearing different clothes.

Plus it makes the guessing game more fun since everyone is on the table.

But I won't pull for him, since he is the definition of Benchlord for me. I don't need other archers in a game with Dorothy and Klein.

Lilina is ok. She deserved another alt. She is important and cute.

Lyn is always welcomed in my Askr, especially when she brings such a nice Type combination. And didn't you guys say that the problem was that they didn't space her alts properly? Well this is spaced perfectly. It's been a year since the last Lyn. Now you have nothing to complain about, right? 😄 ??

Fiora is free. She wasn't my favorite GBA pegasus, not even close, but I'm happy for who wanted her since now they will get her for sure.

For this banner I will pull Blue and Colorless. Hopefully my 90 orbs will be enough to get Ursula or Lyn.

Happy pulls to everyone. And happy saving to those that hate Elibe.

11 minutes ago, GrandeRampel said:

And last but not least, part of Ursula's popularity came from Heroes itself. She is the Blue Tome Horse you get at the beginning and she is used in FtP guides since the start.

She carried me in the beginning of the game as I refused to use Reinhardt and I am so glad on her getting an Alt. Also was happy at that time because she was one of the first "antagonists" who were playable. Also she got the right appearance for Fanservice, they could also have gone with Sonia, but she might be more out of place here. (Still wish for her to be released one day that mom of the century).

Overall for me it is a happy surprise and maybe they sneak in some unexpected characters if they choose characters like Lyn again. And also Lilina is just too obvious why she got in, just thought that Florina would also would have made sense instead. But that's how they have chosen.

I don't expect Rinkah anytime soon so I think I can put some orbs in. Hopefully I will be lucky enough that I don't waste too much.

This makes me want to start giving regular Ursula some more merges. Just wish GHB's would get some more refine because mine clearly needs some new work around her.

Also a friend of mine always told me to put her away from the first slot because she always threatened him when she visited him. xD

Edited by Stroud

8 hours ago, Rezzy said:

We also don't get "normal" TTs anymore.  For the last year, it's just been seasonal Tempests, but that's part of the larger issues of having to have a "special" banner every month, which also raises the question of how they're "special" anymore, when more than 50% of the banners aren't even regular banners anymore.

Yeah, I really don't like the fact that we have a seasonal every month now, since that seriously slows the release rate of actual new heroes banners. The fact that we lost two potential new heroes banners for a hot spring seasonal and a picnic seasonal really annoys me.

29 minutes ago, Stroud said:

She carried me in the beginning of the game as I refused to use Reinhardt and I am so glad on her getting an Alt. Also was happy at that time because she was one of the first "antagonists" who were playable. Also she got the right appearance for Fanservice, they could also have gone with Sonia, but she might be more out of place here. (Still wish for her to be released one day that mom of the century).

Yeah, Ursula has been awesome for me too. She deserves more recognition.

And of course Sonia needs to come and bring with her Hilda, Validar and Zephiel's dad, dear old king Desmond.

The horrible parents banner 

Darn, Ursula got my hopes up for a Summer Lloyd alt (I was hoping a Black Fang alt banner so Lloyd can have better art). Ursula was close enough I guess.

Thank goodness for an easy skip though after my orb stash was destroyed by failing to get DC (although I'll try free pulling Wolt since his art and voice seems nice).

Poor @Alexmender though, just when you thought you just finished Lyn Emblem 😞

I feel for those who thought it was over then suddenly have to start over again with a new alt

2 hours ago, GrandeRampel said:

I don't understand why you and so many others find this strange. Ursula is a member of the Four Fangs, perhaps the most popular group of villains in all of FE (RIP 4 Riders of Daein. You will always be first in my heart) who are also all young and hot and they all got in Heroes because of that. They are also morally grey, which is a bonus. Ursula in particular probably leans more towards black since she doesn't seem to feel bad about her job, but on the other hand it's not like she is sadistic or kills for the fun of it, she is just an assassin. And she is manipulated by Sonia. We all do crazy things to impress the woman we love, don't judge.

And then there's Battle Before Dawn.

I don't think anyone who played Blazing Blade as their firs FE can forget how hard that chapter is. They will never forget the feeling of Ursula sniping their faves from 20 tiles away.

And also, did I mention she is hot?

Ursula is a member of the Four Fang but also clearly the most junior of the bunch. She's not playable like Jafar nor as likable or important as the Reed brothers. Compared to the others she also doesn't really have  connection to anyone but Sonia and to some extend Vaida. Ursula might be a part of the Four Fang but out of all of them she's the only one who's a  minor character. 

Yeah Ursula is hot but the same goes for Sonia who has a very important connection to the very beloved Nino. Well...I actually don't find her hot as her face sprite looks like an old woman but she's supposed to be hot and her official artwork does look a lot better. 

Edited by Etrurian emperor

MORE HORSE DAGGERS. I don't even have one
this is a non pull for me. i have to save up (and save money), so no orb buying for a while, and my orbs have other designs 
I will have to save up in six months (money/orbs) and try to get a few copies on Legendary (joy). 

I agree with Jave. this is great i think. I do feel the "original" versions will be in the game eventually but this is a way to introduce new characters on banners that do generate a lot of money. it's a little best of both worlds. 

Also. NEW FLYING RED SWORD. (still meaning the only one I don't have is Laegjarn). but this is great. 

Edited by daisy jane

2 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Yeah Ursula is hot but the same goes for Sonia who has a very important connection to the very beloved Nino. Well...I actually don't find her hot as her face sprite looks like an old woman to be but she's supposed to be hot and her official artwork does look a lot better. 

This is my only gripe, some characters are not hit to well on different styles. And somehow Ursula is a bit pitiful, because she did much because of her devotion to Sonia, which just used her and on the other hand Sonia is also a bit pitiful out of her devotion to Nergal who kind of throws her away because of Limstella who is better in his eyes. Takes away a bit from Ursula.

So one selling point of her is of course they have covered up the fanservice for Blazing Sword, with which they could have taken maybe different characters but its the choice. There are actually quite a few blazing sword characters I wish to have meet a different end, Ursula being one of them. 

Personally I am less fond of Lilina here, out of Roy's choices she is almost my least favorite and I think they also could have gone with Fir or Sophia on this banner if they wanted to pick those kind of characters. But it just seems that Lilina has grown a strong base and they see that she is well received.. Or even Florina could have been in this one. But its just my thinking and I can't complain much with being treated with Ursula.

1 hour ago, GrandeRampel said:

And of course Sonia needs to come and bring with her Hilda, Validar and Zephiel's dad, dear old king Desmond.

The horrible parents banner 

That is a banner worth pulling for. xD We got quite a few wonderful parents in FE for that in store.

It’d be ideal if every character got a  normal version in, but that’s obviously not going to happen. The more characters that debut through seasonal, the less characters that miss out.

1 hour ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Ursula is a member of the Four Fang but also clearly the most junior of the bunch. She's not playable like Jafar nor as likable or important as the Reed brothers. Compared to the others she also doesn't really have  connection to anyone but Sonia and to some extend Vaida. Ursula might be a part of the Four Fang but out of all of them she's the only one who's a  minor character. 

Yeah Ursula is hot but the same goes for Sonia who has a very important connection to the very beloved Nino. Well...I actually don't find her hot as her face sprite looks like an old woman but she's supposed to be hot and her official artwork does look a lot better. 

I believe its @Ice Dragon who said it, but Ursula's in game looks is actually used as a template for fanservice character so thats a point going for her.

And the Ursula popularity kinda isnt a new thing since i believe many FE7 merchs have her in the forefront