Special Heroes - Summer Refreshes

Jave

I like how Ursula is an unapologetic villain compared to the rest of the Fangs. I find the Fangs in general to be a ridiculous organisation: sure, let's have a club of vigilante assassins who are fundamentally good people. Yeahhhhh, no - that's the kind of edgy concept a middle-schooler might come up with for their homebrew setting. I don't like the other Fangs even slightly, especially Linus with that ridiculous open shirt, I find their whole existence to be the weakest point of FE7.

Beyond that, I do like Legault's pragmatism I suppose. Honor is the most overrated virtue.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Flying Shogi said:

@berriicoco This is not related to this banner but I'm curious, who says the lines in your signature that is highlighted in pink?

Eliwood, in his A-support with Ninian!

When I get a green orb I will try and get Wolt. If not I will use the orbs from the paralogue chapters trying to get Tana... 

I'm actually surprised the 2019 Lyn Alt didn't arrived earlier... It has been a year and two months since the last one.

Camilla it's still the only non-OC character that hasn't avoid alts for over a year.

Interesting that they extended the theme from possibly being FE7-only characters (due to Eliwood being the most recent Legend/Mythic banner hero) to all of Elibe.

I'm honestly pretty surprised they kept up the pattern they've had since Yune, with the next big banner being associated to the last Legend/Mythic, since this was a seasonal and not a New Heroes banner.

Ursula looks gorgeous, never thought I'd like a bikini art more than Camilla and Tanas.
Unfortunately I gotta keep saving and not pull beyond the first circle, since nothing is overpowered enough to warrant pulling (Lyn is nice, but I rarely use fliers and I'm extremely wary of 4 unit banners after the narrow fiasco with Bride Fjorm).

Can I just talk about how hype I am for wolt especially his VA who sounds really cool but at the same time i'm still trying to pull Noire since I never got her last year and S!Helbindi but I was cockblocked by a bladehardt with the worst ivs possible (not the bladehardt part, the shitty ivs) 

11 hours ago, Sunwoo said:

Aether Raids ruins everything, once again.

They wouldn't if we actually got to visit Dark Torvus Bog. How is this raiding Aether? Though we do now have a mode where we fight people who didn't self-terminate before the Ing got them.

2 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Ursula is a member of the Four Fang but also clearly the most junior of the bunch. She's not playable like Jafar nor as likable or important as the Reed brothers. Compared to the others she also doesn't really have  connection to anyone but Sonia and to some extend Vaida. Ursula might be a part of the Four Fang but out of all of them she's the only one who's a  minor character. 

More or less my sentiments on her. A Nergal appointee to the FFs who isn't Jaffar. I'd rather have Sonia in myself. Not that I'm truly passionately fond of any FE7 villain. Not to say I dislike them either.

4 hours ago, GrandeRampel said:

Anyway, what a banner. Clearly I'm gonna go for Ursula since I like her as a character and I'm not exactly swimming in Horse Daggers, so it's a new unit type for me.

Nobody can be swimming in them. Sursula (maybe not the best nickname, sounds like the couple name of SurtrxUrsula) is only our 4th Dagger Cavalry. The other three are Colorless Linde and Sunnthra, and Red Spalise. If I've been keeping accurate check.

10 hours ago, SockPuppet said:

I don’t know who Wolt is, but he’s super cute and I love a twinky body, so I’m going all out for him! Sigh... I’m such a sucker for a cute dude. Here’s hoping I can get him in barracks sooner than later, I, too, want to save up for 3H banners! 

*Rewarps in*

Don't know a pre-FE13 character? I'll be glad to fill you in!🤓

Wolt from Binding Blade is Roy's "milk sibling" according to the main site of SF. Although the better, more recent translation doesn't say this- was it wrong? @Ice Dragon? Milk siblings would mean they suckled milk from the same breast as infants. Historically, royal and noblewomen passing the duties of nursing their children to other females, was practiced at least in Europe. Presumably Roy's mother died after childbirth. With FE7, it is implied that Wolt's mother who he shared with Roy was Rebecca (matured a few years of course).

Milk sibling or not, Wolt is close to Roy in age, and have spent their lives together like brothers. Though Wolt prefers to see himself as a servant and does not allow himself to address Roy without "Lord" (or "Master" as it used to be translated) thrown on first. Roy doesn't like that level of formality between them, but Wolt keeps at it.

Elibe, and FE6 especially, derives inspiration from Marth's games- 1&3. Wolt is heavily inspired by Gordin, another green-haired boy Archer who joins from the start. FE11 might have later taken inspiration from Wolt in choosing to make Gordin closer to Marth than was suggested (aka not at all) in 1&3.

In gameplay, Wolt is very much like Gordin as alluded to above. He is an Archer who joins in the first chapter. Like FE3 (Book 2 more so), Bows are actually good in FE6, since Wyvern Riders are a frequent menace.

Unfortunately, Wolt is the worst Bow unit. He starts weak, and so does Dorothy, who is faster and stronger than him. Sue starts weak and isn't as strong, but is significantly faster than Wolt and has a horse (in a game with maps leaning on the big side), Sin has a horse and is stronger and faster, with better bases and the glitch known as Hard Mode bonuses. Klein has bases as a prepromote, benefitting from the Hard Mode glitch too, and has a starting A Bows. Igrene has good bases (better then Klein on Normal) and turns out at 20/20 similar to a trained 20/20 Wolt. Dayan is mounted and comes with good enough bases if you go the Sacae route. This isn't even considering Mages/Valkyries and their access to flier-effective and buyable Aircalibur.

If you wish to read of Wolt's character, well like 96% of FE6's cast, Wolt has no story presence beyond two lines in Chapter 1. All of his characterization comes from Supports. You can read the newer translation of them here, or the old translation of them on the SF main site here.

Is this enough?

Just now, Ice Dragon said:

The artbook says so.

Thank you! :Ninian:

Now I want to know why the newer translation seems to have scrapped that. What was the logic behind it? "The majority of people not understanding what milk siblings means, so just drop it"?

1 hour ago, berriicoco said:

Eliwood, in his A-support with Ninian!

Thanks! I'll take a read once I get the chance.

1 hour ago, berriicoco said:

When I get a green orb I will try and get Wolt. If not I will use the orbs from the paralogue chapters trying to get Tana... 

Wolt looks pretty good but I'm have to hold onto my orbs for other characters. Good luck, though!

9 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Presumably Roy's mother died after childbirth. With FE7, it is implied that Wolt's mother who he shared with Roy was Rebecca (matured a few years of course).

The only mother of Roy's that is stated will die is Ninian. But did she die at childbirth? I don't think so. 

10 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Elibe, and FE6 especially, derives inspiration from Marth's games- 1&3. Wolt is heavily inspired by Gordin, another green-haired boy Archer who joins from the start. FE11 might have later taken inspiration from Wolt in choosing to make Gordin closer to Marth than was suggested (aka not at all) in 1&3.

Actually, even in the remake, Marth and Gordin aren't that close still. At best, still just acquaintances (in the sense of lord and knight) as 1 and 3.

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Now I want to know why the newer translation seems to have scrapped that. What was the logic behind it? "The majority of people not understanding what milk siblings means, so just drop it"?

Very likely. Even I didn't understand it much either back in Zatch Bell when Zeno mentions what he heard from his "milk mother". 

53 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

The only mother of Roy's that is stated will die is Ninian. But did she die at childbirth? I don't think so. 

You're right it is never stated. They died before the start of FE6, but when and how is left unsaid. Could have been a stubbed toe incident a week before the game starts. I just speculated childbirth as a possible culprit, a feasible one in light of the risks of human childbirth, but it could have been anything else. Or maybe they just didn't die at all and is just left unseen and unsaid.

And my error from not remembering the contents of the Prologue IV recruitment convo. Gordins (Gordin, maybe Ryan, maybe Midir, Wolt, maybe Rebecca, Rolf, and Virion) don't have lord bonds as defining trait then, its Wolt only.

-I didn't quote you on the Gordin familiarity with Marth, because it's impossible to quote you in full again.:facepalm: Oddly, I was somehow able to indent the "Actually," by a single space of your post.

EDIT: It looks like I can do it via Multiquote, but not any other way.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

Just noticed that the title of the banner in English is "Summer Refreshes" and not "Summer Refreshers". This thread's title tells me I wasn't the only one who read it wrong at first.

52 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

-I didn't quote you on the Gordin familiarity with Marth, because it's impossible to quote you in full again.:facepalm: Oddly, I was somehow able to indent the "Actually," by a single space of your post.

EDIT: It looks like I can do it via Multiquote, but not any other way.

This seems to happen every time the site goes through some maintenance. 😕

53 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

You're right it is never stated. They died before the start of FE6, but when and how is left unsaid. Could have been a stubbed toe incident a week before the game starts. I just speculated childbirth as a possible culprit, a feasible one in light of the risks of human childbirth, but it could have been anything else. Or maybe they just didn't die at all and is just left unseen and unsaid.

Ninian is meant to be dead by FE6, but the others, not so much. More questionable on Lilina's mom. 

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And my error from not remembering the contents of the Prologue IV recruitment convo. Gordins (Gordin, maybe Ryan, maybe Midir, Wolt, maybe Rebecca, Rolf, and Virion) don't have lord bonds as defining trait then, its Wolt only.

Yup. Only Merric is Marth's only known friend.

• Ice Dragon changed the title to Special Heroes - Summer Refreshes
14 minutes ago, BoaFerox said:

Just noticed that the title of the banner in English is "Summer Refreshes" and not "Summer Refreshers". This thread's title tells me I wasn't the only one who read it wrong at first.

Yeah, this his been brought up a few times already. So I've fixed it. @Jave

16 minutes ago, BoaFerox said:

Yeah, just noticed it myself. Just fixed it, thanks.

EDIT: Huh, @Ice Dragon ninja'd me? Weird, I swear it was still wrong when I corrected it. Either way, it's solved now. Thanks everyone.

Edited by Jave

4 hours ago, omegaxis1 said:

Yup. Only Merric is Marth's only known friend.

The way you phrase that makes it sound like Marth is a lonely puppy. Whose willingness to trust others and let them join his army, regardless of looks, demeanor, and prior history, is derived from an internal want for companionship long denied to him.🥺

-That probably might kinda sorta not really apply to Roy actually. If Marcus is anything to go by:

Spoiler

Wolt: I just don't understand. Am I really that much help to Lord Roy?
Marcus: Wolt... Tell me what you think of the knights like me who served Lord Eliwood.
Wolt: Uh...well... You're all really strong and I look up to you.
Marcus: Well, thank you for that. But there was one problem with Lord Eliwood's knights.
Wolt: There was?
Marcus: None of us are even close to him in age.
Wolt: Now that you mention it...
Marcus: Lord Eliwood's vassals... They were all old like me or too young for him to relate to. He couldn't speak to us on a comfortable level. In a way, he was isolated.
Wolt: I never even thought about that...
Marcus: I don't want Lord Roy to suffer the same fate. You and Lord Roy are the same age, and what's more, you were raised together. I need you to stay by Lord Roy's side and give him moral support.
Wolt: Moral support?
Marcus: Combat prowess is important, but that is not all you can do. Think on what I've said. You are more important than you realize.

Update is out and starting to be datamined!

Fiora's weapon is Petal Parasol+, with the usual "Atk/Spd +5 if foe has a penalty" effect. She has Swap, Spd/Res Link 3 at 4*, and Atk Smoke 3 at 5*.

TT seals are Atk/Res, Steady Stance, and Chill Speed. The latter two sound sweet.

Oh Fiora just looks amazing and adorable! ^^ Especially since she's combining my favorite colors! (yellow and turquoise blue) Her Atk is lower than I thought it'd be though. Wasn't she a bit of a hard hitter in FE7? I know she could hit harder than Florina, anyway... Oh well, at least I don't have to worry about IVs with her, since she's a free unit. But definite new grail project later!

Edited by Anacybele

18 hours ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

Oh gosh. Whyyyyyyy? Her art is just like....so tastefully elegant. And the jellyfish aesthetic? Like I freaking love jellyfish. 

17 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

The jellyfish motif is gorgeous and beautifully fitting.

I think it was the blue background and me skipping parts of the trailer, but I didn't notice much of the details including the waves themselves of her special art until her official art was posted. Seeing the official art made it look so much better.

So beautiful, so suffer with me if you can't summon her. 😛

51 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I know she could hit harder than Florina, anyway...

Well, she still has higher attack (and speed because developer reasons) than Florina in Heroes. Florina having 29/27 neutral base offenses and +4 to attack and speed on defense against melee units if you choose her unique refinement.

As for summer Fiora herself...

Spoiler

Her artist being Konfuzi Kokon means we can make a Konfuzi Kokon Emblem team with Faye, L'Arachel, and Nanna. No greens and nobody really has very high defense, but you have healer shenanigans, default Firesweep or a great ranged enemy phase and tank through Faye, and L'Arachel whose default Res Tactics would work on everyone since cavalry won't exceed two units.

Stat-wise, she's a red Cynthia. Her 40 HP, 32 Atk, 37 Spd, 26 Def, and 28 Res to Cynthia's 38 HP, 32 Atk, 37 Spd, 27 Def, and 29 Res. Summer Fiora basically trades 1 point of her defenses for HP. High defense sword flier in the regular 4* summoning pool or Grail pool will have to wait. So, the bright side of this is that she's arguably the best F2P option for a Firesweep sword flier. Fiora's competition in the non-5* summoning pool is only Caeda and Palla where Caeda has the same base neutral speed as her, but has 25 base neutral attack and Palla has 1 less base neutral attack, but 6 less base neutral speed with her 31/31 offenses. Being a grail unit does give her another edge since you don't need to summon for her, but that also means she can't have assets or flaws, so New Year's Camilla (33/35), New Year's Gunnthra (34/37), Elincia (34/36), Laegjarn (32/36) legendary Ryoma (34/39), and bride Sigrun (31/38) would likely outpace her. She would match a +Spd NY Camilla when merged, though, since HP, Atk, and Spd are her highest stats meaning her attack and speed would be like 33/38. Red might not be the best color, but considering the other sword fliers, summer Fiora is probably going to fare better than Cynthia who has plenty of competition.

Edited by Kaden

10 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Well, she still has higher attack (and speed because developer reasons) than Florina in Heroes. Florina having 29/27 neutral base offenses and +4 to attack and speed on defense against melee units if you choose her unique refinement.

Oh, yeah, that's true.

The error was present in the English video too, I wonder why they didn't catch it. I mean, thinking the bow had 14 mt is one thing, but that "range: 1" should've been a red flag when they translated. 😕

The localization team is either blind or just lazy sometimes, I swear.

57 minutes ago, Kaden said:

I think it was the blue background and me skipping parts of the trailer, but I didn't notice much of the details including the waves themselves of her special art until her official art was posted. Seeing the official art made it look so much better.

So beautiful, so suffer with me if you can't summon her. 😛 

I think I'm gonna go for Wolt and Ursula. I have zero willpower and can't pass up on Ursula for that gorgeous art. And Wolt just intrigues me. I think I can justify pulling for them because I do want a reason to pull colorless and green for possibly Reyson and Brady merges. 

Stats are out? Nice!

Spoiler

Ursula has the highest Atk of all the colorless dagger cavs and her Spd isn't half bad either. Personally I find her a little boring but she'll do more than fine with a little investment.

Lilina is still her tome version but as a cav. She's obviously meant to be a 1 hit nuke (further emphasized by her Atk superboon) and her dagger can help her do that even if it is a little hard to pull off. She'll be a great CC+Vantage user for AR if you want to go that route, just put her in a team with Mordecai and see every non-Hardy Bearing enemy fall in one hit.

Wolt has nice stats, he's more balanced than Sue but that can backfire in some circumstances. Regardless, he may be a little boring statwise but he'll perform well with a +Atk or +Spd nature. 

Lyn is about what I expected. Ok-ish Atk, high Spd, awful Def and passable Res. Her Spd is super high already so she'll prefer a +Atk nature, although going for more Spd can work if you want to fight those red speed demons (I'd say it's futile as they have ridiculous bases but you do you). Replace the link skill for Desperation and she's set. 

Fiora is an interesting one. Statwise she's a lot better than the other 3-4 star sword fliers but once we factor their Prf weapons she ends up on a bad spot. Palla can quad stuff and Caeda destroys horses/armors and can abuse higher CD specials alongside her Ploy utility. At least Fiora is the best Firesweep user for a f2p sword flier but once we factor Elincia and L!Ryoma she ends up being just a cheaper alternative. Her art is very cute, tho.