Special Heroes - Summer Refreshes

Jave

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

Wasn't she a bit of a hard hitter in FE7? I know she could hit harder than Florina, anyway... Oh well, at least I don't have to worry about IVs with her, since she's a free unit. But definite new grail project later!

She definitely hit harder than Florina. I can't remember exactly how much harder, but harder. I wanna say her base attack was 8 and Florina's was 5, and I think she (Fiora) had a better attack growth?

Anyway, yeah, her art is very pretty and she's definitely gonna be my next Grail project! It was gonna be Louise but...well then Fiora came along lol.

3 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

If it hasn't been stated here already, the other three bonus heroes for the TT are [DATAMINE]:

Hide contents

OG Roy, OG Cecilia, and Gwendolyn

Spoiler

When TT bonus units are available in 3/4*  you'd likely have them.

Feels good man.

14 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

She definitely hit harder than Florina. I can't remember exactly how much harder, but harder. I wanna say her base attack was 8 and Florina's was 5, and I think she (Fiora) had a better attack growth?

Anyway, yeah, her art is very pretty and she's definitely gonna be my next Grail project! It was gonna be Louise but...well then Fiora came along lol.

Yeah, sounds about right. And cool, I look forward to seeing yours! Hope I can give mine just as good a build!

I guess I'm using Fiora as my TT unit. I won't be pulling for anyone on the banner, and I don't use the other characters listed. Can't complain tho!

Edited by Anacybele

20 minutes ago, Kaden said:

So, Ursula is Wolf O'Donnell and Revolver Ocelot.

What are you talking about? She's clearly Tawna Bandicoot....as well as a polar bear cub and a tiger cub. 

Gee, I wonder which game I've been playing a lot more than FEH lately.

1 hour ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Growths and 20/20 stats for all three FE7 Peg Sisters:

Spoiler
Florina HP 60 Str 40 Skl 50 Spd 55 Lck 50 Def 15 Res 35

Fiora HP 70 Str 35 Skl 60 Spd 50 Lck 30 Def 20 Res 50

Farina HP 75 Str 50 Skl 40 Spd 45 Lck 45 Def 25 Res 30

:Florina:

HP 44.8 Str 22.2 Skl 25 Spd 28 Lck 26 Def 11.7 Res 19.3

:Fiora:

HP 48.4 Str 21.2 Skl 25 Spd 28 Lck 15.6 Def 14.4 Res 25

:Farina:

HP 49.25 Str 23 Skl 23.8 Spd 26.15 Lck 22.15 Def 18.75 Res 22.1

Regarding bases, Florina has 5 Str at level 1(6 at 3 without Lyn Mode) to Fiora's 8 at level 7.

But the growths are so similar, a mere 5% growths difference in Str means and both being low level units means it is absolutely within normal RNG for Fiora to outdo Florina in that stat.

Fiora's primary advantage of her siblings is that very high Res though, which FEH doesn't reflect it looks like.

And now that I am looking at the artwork, Wolt is surprisingly muscular. I would think for a boyish character like him to be closer to Summer Leo's build. Does being an Archer seriously tone muscle mass? My impression is that his clothed FE6 art doesn't suggest what FEH gives him:

Spoiler

wolt.png

The FEH gatcha gloss does make him look a little more charming than his FE6 official art does.

But a little charm can't break my anti-Seasonal stance, not even when it has become apparent this is how some characters will only make it in. Nor does a pinch of charm make me consider wasting my precious few Orbs for a character I have no serious draw towards.

1 hour ago, Tybrosion said:

What are you talking about? She's clearly Tawna Bandicoot....as well as a polar bear cub and a tiger cub. 

Gee, I wonder which game I've been playing a lot more than FEH lately.

Their names are Polar and Pura, dang it!

I, too, have been playing a ridiculous amount of Crash Bandicoot. 😛

@Interdimensional Observer Shooting a war bow certainly does require a lot of strength. It's one of the classic RPG tropes that "weak" women get relegated to archery duty supporting the burly men who fight upfront with their melee weapons. As with many tropes, this has no foundation in reality and wielding a bow requires no less strength - and likely more - than it would to wield most melee weapons.

Bear in mind that that reality bears little in common with modern sport archery, with wholly different goals and their fancy composite materials and such.

Edited by Humanoid

2 hours ago, Anacybele said:

The error was present in the English video too, I wonder why they didn't catch it. I mean, thinking the bow had 14 mt is one thing, but that "range: 1" should've been a red flag when they translated. 😕

The localization team is either blind or just lazy sometimes, I swear.

It was in the JP version as well

EDIT: nevermind, I just woke up

Edited by redlight

2 minutes ago, redlight said:

It was in the JP version as well

...Duh. That's why I said I'm not sure why the localization team didn't catch it when they translated the Japanese. Instead they translated the error into English and left it.

Edited by Anacybele

Just now, Anacybele said:

...Duh. That's why I said I'm not sure why the localization team didn't catch it when they translated the Japanese. Instead they translated the error into English and left it.

Yeah, I just woke up. My bad

Spoiler

Her voice is very deep. I guess her being the eldest sister shows through though I still find it too deep compared her JP counterpart

Edited by redlight

Guess I'm building Fiora since I could use another sword flier. Though I don't know how useful her weapon will be. I might just give her a slaying edge and watch her spam Moonbow every other attack.

7 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Growths and 20/20 stats for all three FE7 Peg Sisters:

Reveal hidden contents
Florina HP 60 Str 40 Skl 50 Spd 55 Lck 50 Def 15 Res 35

Fiora HP 70 Str 35 Skl 60 Spd 50 Lck 30 Def 20 Res 50

Farina HP 75 Str 50 Skl 40 Spd 45 Lck 45 Def 25 Res 30

:Florina:

HP 44.8 Str 22.2 Skl 25 Spd 28 Lck 26 Def 11.7 Res 19.3

:Fiora:

HP 48.4 Str 21.2 Skl 25 Spd 28 Lck 15.6 Def 14.4 Res 25

:Farina:

HP 49.25 Str 23 Skl 23.8 Spd 26.15 Lck 22.15 Def 18.75 Res 22.1

Regarding bases, Florina has 5 Str at level 1(6 at 3 without Lyn Mode) to Fiora's 8 at level 7.

But the growths are so similar, a mere 5% growths difference in Str means and both being low level units means it is absolutely within normal RNG for Fiora to outdo Florina in that stat.

Fiora's primary advantage of her siblings is that very high Res though, which FEH doesn't reflect it looks like.

And now that I am looking at the artwork, Wolt is surprisingly muscular. I would think for a boyish character like him to be closer to Summer Leo's build. Does being an Archer seriously tone muscle mass? My impression is that his clothed FE6 art doesn't suggest what FEH gives him:

Hide contents

wolt.png

The FEH gatcha gloss does make him look a little more charming than his FE6 official art does.

But a little charm can't break my anti-Seasonal stance, not even when it has become apparent this is how some characters will only make it in. Nor does a pinch of charm make me consider wasting my precious few Orbs for a character I have no serious draw towards.

Nah, look at his forearms, there's definition there. And you can see a bare hint of the pecs where the shirt draws tight by the shoulder. Besides, ever see Hawkeye (Marvel)? Or Green Arrow? Archers can get ripped. It takes a lot of upper body strength to pull back a string, especially when using a medieval bow. Common video game and other media just put the bow down as a "weak weapon" so they can focus on things that look "cooler", like swords, lances and axes. I also blame Lord of the Rings and Tolkien's Elves for making archery look easy. I think they set the standard that "archers are slender and dextrous".

Sorry, rant over. Point is, it's perfectly believable for Wolt to be that toned.

7 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Well you can see a bit of muscle on his left arm in the picture you posted. But I originally assumed Wolt would be more lightly build too.

I suppose it makes sense for Wolt to have some buff on him. He's a working class boy after all. Unless Rebeca got very rich they probably remained a farming family. Wolt being a bit bigger would also give a possible contrast with Roy who's usually depicted as pretty lightly build. 

I was looking forward for an Elibean summer, and it finally happened. I want to save orbs, but I might just spend some on this one - not too much though, as this banner ends 3 days before Ayra rerun banner.

I think Lilina and Wolt are solid units from this banner. Lilina has a lot going for attack, and does what she does best - 1 shots enemies without doubling, the Sabotage skill helps with that. Wolt once the Brazen kicks in, with some builds he can reach up to 50 speed - which is not that hard to manage, very nice indeed.

Ursula is interesting, but her speed is moderate, and she really needs some support to trigger her Ruse skill. Lyn comes with a highly demanded Sturdy Impact, which is a weird choice considering how low her defense is. She's kind of situational, but sure can get a few kills.

Now considering Fiora is a sword flier, which is not an overpopulated area, she's actually pretty good for her own build. Statwise her attack is moderate and her speed is high, but it actually works out for her. Once she attacks somebody and spreads the Atk Smoke, she'll consistently getting the bonus from her weapon, and becomes quite durable on the front line. Nothing over the top, but I think whoever invest in her won't regret it.

Looks like I'll need to save up for this banner. Lyn looks great, has stats expected of her, and has a damn good weapon - she's basically a blue bow HInoka.

Looks like I'd have to put Summer Helbindi on hold until this December/January.

Just saw the unit stats.

Spoiler

~Wow Ursula, I'm even less interested in you as a combat unit than before. Oh wow, you are slightly stronger than you are fast? Oh my dear lord, get the press!

~Wow Lilina, you are strong with an Atk Superasset but pretty slow, making you reliant on OHKOing the enemy with that DebuffBladetome effect, but slightly able to take on mages?
...actually that's a bit better than I thought she'd be getting, but it's still not enough to make me desire for Lilina.
...wait no forget I sa-

~Wow Wolt... I completely called you being a stronger but slower Sue.

~Lyn... no. I can't imagine her being able to take on Armors all that well. On initiation, if she is at full HP, she has 34 Defense... which I mean that's not horrible, but I'd imagine she'd want a lot more to be safe.

40 minutes ago, Gregster101 said:

Got this on my free summon session. +Atk, -Res

My second summon circle gave me a Veronica (and the next 5 full circles gave me nothing). Swimsuits where?

Edited by Ice Dragon

2 hours ago, IGdood said:

"I chose this outfit to lower my target's guard."

It's like she's acknowledging the fanservice.

What if the target isn't into boobs though?

I think distracting them with her exposed body is good enough 😛