Special Heroes - Summer Refreshes

Jave

The art for this Lyn is adorable. Waiting for her character introduction page to come up. I'll have to see how much budget I can pull together next month for her and Laegjarn.

Ursula, while nice, is somewhat redundant with my 2 +10 Summer Lindes, so I probably won't bother pulling for extra copies of her.

At least they finally realized that the Feint skills were terrible and made a better version.

2 hours ago, Landmaster said:

Anyone else notice Wolt's Bow has 1 Rng?

2 hours ago, Sentinel07 said:

I don't know if anyone noticed, but Wolt's Bow is stated to have a range of 1. 

And it's not a typo unless the Japanese video messed up too because it states the same thing.

It has to be a typo. The opponent in the battle video is a lance and cannot counterattack.

Edited by Ice Dragon

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

It has to be a typo. The opponent in the battle video is a lance and cannot counterattack.

I was about to make this same correction earlier but that weapon description is sooooo long I didn't want to risk being corrected on my correction due to there being a conditional Firesweep effect somewhere in that text soup.

Why Ursula?  Cause bad girls are hot, a great fantasy and she has always been a looker.  That is a really skimpy outfit, perhaps the skimpiest...she'll do just fine bringing in the cash don't worry. 

Fiora....I'm glad it seems I'm not the only one who thinks she is the best among the FE7 peg sisters, I guess big sisters are always the best (Palla is also the best of the original trio).  Getting her for free is great! 

Another horsie Lilina, quad chill...28 attack added watch out!

Wolt introduced into the game and Brazen atk/spd 4 looks amazing.  Triple brazen Celica got even more insane?

Lyn, Mani katti one day hopefully.  However this flying blue bow version looks great, and once again knocks it out of the park art wise.  

Old game representation I approve.  

Just like last banner, there is only one unit I really want but even so isn't must have for me.  First summer banner it was Laegjarn this one it is Lyn.  I'll probably just wait for hope to pull them on legendary banner though.

@JSND Alter Dragon Boner, Ursula alt. More propaganda for CYL Ursula.

I did not expect Ursula or for them to introduce Fiora and Wolt as seasonal units first. And then there's Brazen Atk/Spd 4. Meanwhile in the graveyard, Defiant skills. Anyway, I love how Lilina throws leaves so damn hard that it kills people and that Wolt shoots a skewered, dead fish at people. Ursula's art looks so beautiful. She really is a beautiful on the outside, but ugly on the inside kind of person.

Although she's not summonable, summer Fiora brings to the table the third sword flier that people don't have to summon a 5* to get. Caeda and Palla still remain the only 3* to 4* summonable sword fliers while New Year's Camilla, Elincia, New Year's Gunnthra, New Year's Hrid, Laegjarn, flying Olivia legendary Ryoma, and Sigrun are all 5* locked and except for Elincia, Laegjarn, and flying Olivia are seasonal as well. I'm expecting her to end up like Thea and be a gen 2 BST Caeda or Palla, but without their personal weapons. In which case, hopefully she's more like Palla and has at least above average defense if not high defense. New Year's Hrid and Laegjarn are the only high defense sword fliers both having 36 base neutral defense and are followed by New Year's Camilla who has 31 base neutral defense and who could be considered like a gen 2 BST Palla. Of the current two non-5* summon sword fliers, Caeda has low defense and high resistance while Palla has mixed defenses of above average defense and average resistance. In other words, the 3* to 4* pool does not have a high defense flier except for a +Def Palla. Granted, it wouldn't make sense for Fiora much less summer Fiora who isn't wearing armor, but it would be nice if she had +31 defense.

Summer Fiora could end up as a sword Minerva and a flying Saber and have the extra 4 or so points from gen 2 melee flier BST dumped into her resistance. So, Minerva and Saber's stat spread of 40 HP, 31 Atk, 33 Spd, 32 Def, 22 Res with 4 points added to resistance as summer Fiora's 40 HP, 31 Atk, 33 Spd, 32 Def, and 26 Res. Compared to Palla's 42 HP, 31 Spd, 31 Spd, 28 Def, 26 Res and New Year's Camilla's 40, 33 Atk, 35 Spd, 31 Def, 23 Res. In raw stats, she'd be slightly faster and have higher physical bulk than Palla and lower offenses, but higher magical bulk than New Year's Camilla. Unique refined Whitewing Blade is more than enough for Palla to be better offensively than her at least on a flier team; Atk/Spd/Def/Res+3 and Brave on initiation and not considering any flier buffs being used. Palla's matchups against blues wouldn't be good, but yeah. With the highest stats being HP, Spd, and Def, if she were to be merged to +10, she'd have 45 HP, 35 Atk, 38 Spd, 37 Def, and 30 Res. So, same speed as a +Spd Palla and 1 less defense than a +Def NY Camilla. Whatever, I digress. Me and my issues with axe cavalry, axe fliers, sword fliers, Keen Blarwolf, and B Tomebreaker in the regular summoning pool.

Lyn art looks good and tasteful, love it. Been a while since a Lyn alt. I'll be trying for her and Wolt... but I gotta save orbs for Three Houses too, urgh. 

1 hour ago, Etrurian emperor said:

But Ursula is....weird. Is she the favorite character of the lead designer? She was a very minor character so I doubt she has many fans. So why did Ursula get in before any real Blazing villain? And why does she get an alt before any real Blazing villain? Where is my summer Nergal!?

I blame her being in already and thus getting fans that way. The cause of her being in in the first place, goes back to an old FEs 6/7 poll in Japan only shortly after FE7 released. Ursula ranked very high on the FE7 poll, Sonia landed towards the bottom, and Nergal did even worse. FEH might have chosen her as well due to be Tome Cav, a rare-ish type.

42 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Before, we were getting a lot of male TT rewards (most of whom were at least new characters), but a lot of them were really mediocre or unacceptable for the time when they were released. Like Canas. Now they're just giving us too many women in stupid seasonal outfits.

I think the cause of the changeover is Grails. The Narwhales must be made to grind, and appealing to their horns is how you do it. For some reason, getting them into Aethers > getting them to spend money on Orbs for summoning that same female unit instead.

53 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

~...wait, Brazen Atk/Spd 4??? What the hell???????
...right, Wolt. New character to the game, can't imagine he'll be much more than a stronger but likely slower Sue.

Looking at his FE6 20/20 statline:

HP: 51.4 Str: 22.2/24 Spd: 22.2/29 Def: 13.6 Res: 5.8

He is 4 points stronger than Sue, but 8 slower. 3 more Def and 7 more HP.  Igrene is practically same everywhere but less HP and more Res. Dorothy and Sin combine high Str and Spd.

48 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

-Oh hey another Lyn. As a Lyn fan, me actually a little annoyed because...why not save her next alt for a sword alt where she WIELDS HER SIGNATURE MANI KATTI?!?!

That won't happen. IS has avoided ever giving a lord their personal starter weapon in this game, no Rapier for Marth/Roy/Eliwood/Eirika/Chrom/Lucina, no Regal Blade or Ettard for Ike, no Wolf Beil for Hector, no Reginleif for Ephraim. Mani Katti is no different from these, barring having a little "spirit of the sword chose you" attached to it.

Micaiah and her Thani is an "exception", but it's only because there is no personal ultimate for Micaiah, she never gets to raze all in the flames of chaos.

Leif therefore is the one real exception, getting the Light Brand instead of the Bragi Blade. That is a weapon IS just invented so Raydrik could have a weapon with special properties to make him a tiny bit less generic. And so Leif could then wield a weapon that could overcome that hint of less genericness to make him feel a little better about himself. IS not mentioning that Fergus, Nanna, and Diarmuid are just as capable of wielding the Bragi Blade (and Mareeta and Galzus could too were it not for a technical limit of four individuals per "personal" weapon). I completely understand why they chose the Light Brand, a magic sword inherited from his mother, instead of the Bragi Blade for Leif. Although the eventual refine for the Light Brand might like Armor effectiveness taken from the Bragi Blade.

About the banner itself, I don't summon on Seasonals, nor do I like adding new characters as Seasonals. But this is the best and only chance most not in yet are likely to get. 

It's a little odd they didn't spring Summer Tharja or Chrom on us, since we have the swimsuit artwork for them already. I can understand skipping the Hoshitrio-not-Ace Attorney Writer, since For Onsen Your Life gave them similar-ish alts. But of course, throwing in Lyn and a barrel of OCs was IS's 50% conservatism at play.

The silver lining is that we do get two new characters. And if Fiora jointly files the paperwork with Florina, their family can be reunited in a year. :Farina:

1 hour ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

So, overall...I'm mixed. I'll always take more Lyn, but...even as a Lyn fan...why is she here? I mean I'm not complaining, you KNOW I'll pull for her, but...why?

When you see this here, a major Lyn fan asking why she's on this banner...yeah, you know her presence is problematic.

27 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Interesting opinion...

Well... not wanting to provoke you or make you angry but... I consider this banner way better than the Greil's Devoted Banner. Not that I didn't like the characters in that banner, but because the unit types and skills were less interesting in that banner than in this one. Here, I would like to have some of the units. In the Valentine Banner, I couldn't care less...

In my opinion, the Greil's Devoted was the worst seasonal banner of 2019 until this day.

Well, unit types and skills don't matter quite as much to me as specific characters and gender representation. They do matter to some degree, as I don't want to keep seeing a crap ton of armors or a crap ton of this type or that type, nor do I want to see a bunch of the same weapon/color, etc. But yeah.

I love Greil's Devoted because it's Tellius, IT FINALLY GAVE US A GOD DAMN SEASONAL IKE (and a really handsome one at that!), it had a bunch of guys instead of a bunch of girls, and it was all about the Greil Mercs and their familial bond, and it had the most bittersweet amazing dialogue in the paralogue. I love Ike and the Greil Mercs more than any group of characters in this series, so yeah, I was obviously going to love this.

Edited by Anacybele

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Well, unit types and skills don't matter quite as much to me as specific characters and gender representation. They do matter to some degree, as I don't want to keep seeing a crap ton of armors or a crap ton of this type or that type, nor do I want to see a bunch of the same weapon/color, etc. But yeah.

I love Greil's Devoted because it's Tellius, IT FINALLY GAVE US A GOD DAMN SEASONAL IKE (and a really handsome one at that!), it had a bunch of guys instead of a bunch of girls, and it was all about the Greil Mercs and their familial bond, and it had the most bittersweet amazing dialogue in the paralogue. I love Ike and the Greil Mercs more than any group of characters in this series, so yeah, I was obviously going to love this.

You were probably better off not responding to the bait at all, Ana

4 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I think the cause of the changeover is Grails. The Narwhales must be made to grind, and appealing to their horns is how you do it. For some reason, getting them into Aethers > getting them to spend money on Orbs for summoning that same female unit instead.

That's exactly the reason, yeah. Aether Raids ruins everything, once again.

1 minute ago, Sunwoo said:

You were probably better off not responding to the bait at all, Ana

I didn't get angry though, I just explained my opinion of the Greil's Devoted banner as opposed to my opinion of this summer banner, is all. No harm done, right?

Def/Res Ruse is going to be really wild on AR Rally Traps. Otherwise, not much to say about Ursula, I can pass on her Dagger~

Liliana's whole kit though looks really delicious. I defs want that Dagger for Elise but I pretty much want all of her other Skills, too, so whenever she's on a Legendary Banner will be good times for me~

Wolt looks cute, as does his powercreep but nothing I'm all too desperate for~ Wouldn't mind getting him, though. Also his pony looks adorable

Lyn is clearly the prize and her art looks great~ +10 Atk and +14 Def on initiation is pretty crazy and I'd like to pull for her if I can but my Summer Elise merge will be the priority~

Fiora is a Flying Sword and will probably have the same weapon effect as Ursula and Wolt so hopefully she has good fodder. 

I don’t know who Wolt is, but he’s super cute and I love a twinky body, so I’m going all out for him! Sigh... I’m such a sucker for a cute dude. Here’s hoping I can get him in barracks sooner than later, I, too, want to save up for 3H banners! 

2 minutes ago, Lewyn said:

Triple brazen Celica got even more insane?

Celica would get +2 more attack and +3 more speed than she usually would with Brazen Atk/Spd 3. For a neutral Celica who has 46/33 offenses with Ragnarok and 51/38 effective offenses with the Atk/Spd+5 push thing, she'd jump up from 72 Atk and 59 Spd with Brazen Atk/Spd 9 (Atk/Spd+21) to 74 Atk and 62 Spd with Brazen Atk/Spd 10 (Atk+23 and Spd+24). With +Atk, her ideal asset since her speed is so damn ludicrous, add 3 more; 75 Atk with Brazen Atk/Spd 9 and 77 with Brazen Atk/Spd 10. She was stupid before with unique Ragnarok and she is still now and forevermore.

Puppet Delthea has 50/33 offenses with Death and 54/37 effective offenses with Death's Atk/Spd/Def/Res+4 push thing. Running Brazen Atk/Spd 6 would give her 68 Atk and 51 Spd. With Brazen Atk/Spd 7, she can now reach 70 Atk and 54 Spd.

Alfonse with Brazen Atk/Spd 7 will hit 74 Atk and 42 Spd before Folkvangr's stat refine. Previously, he would have had 72 Atk and 39 Spd with Brazen Atk/Spd 6. Defense stays the same at 39 Def with refined Folkvangr's Brazen Atk/Def 3.

Neutral Chrom with Sealed Falchion (+Atk/Spd/Def/Res+5 at < 100% HP) and Brazen Atk/Spd 7 will now have 74 Atk and 47 Spd from Brazen Atk/Spd 6's 72 Atk and 44 Spd. Add in Chrom's +Spd superasset for 4 more speed because you can't be fast enough.

Neutral Peri with her unique refined lance (+Atk/Spd/Def/Res+4 at < 100% HP) and Brazen Atk/Spd 7 will have 69 Atk and 54 Spd from Brazen Atk/Spd 6's 67 Atk and 51 Spd.

I mean....normally I'd be disappointed because in general I don't like the swimsuit banners. I've always found them pretty boring in terms of everything from design to character choice. I make a few exceptions here and there because obviously I'm a flawed human being with my own biases, but Ursula....

Wow, she's gorgeous. And I'm so torn. I'm not an Ursula fan, but I think my mind his been changed. I may have to pull. Is this my first true waifu experience? 

6 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

I mean....normally I'd be disappointed because in general I don't like the swimsuit banners. I've always found them pretty boring in terms of everything from design to character choice. I make a few exceptions here and there because obviously I'm a flawed human being with my own biases, but Ursula....

Wow, she's gorgeous. And I'm so torn. I'm not an Ursula fan, but I think my mind his been changed. I may have to pull. Is this my first true waifu experience? 

I'll make this harder for you. 😛

Summer Ursula's official art from Yamada Kotaro's Twitter.

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Hide contents

Oh gosh. Whyyyyyyy? Her art is just like....so tastefully elegant. And the jellyfish aesthetic? Like I freaking love jellyfish. 

I have no problem with this banner, but chalk me up as another who thought we were going to get a cavalry dancer at first.

Minor disappointment is that Lyn looks younger than normal, which isn't my preference. Good thing then that we have Ursula to counterbalance that, she looks great, one of the top five in the game I'd say. It's not enough to get me to summon though, aside from the obvious of being 100% committed to the Legendary banner, Laegjarn is still clearly the pick of this year's summer units in terms of power and how well she'd fit into my actually-used unit lineup.

No strong opinion on Wolt, I like ranged cavalries but still maintain coloured bows are a mistake, as are coloured daggers. Lilina's an odd one for me. She's my first +10 and I'm rather attached to my regular Lilina, but *only* my regular Lilina. I actually have no real fondness for her as a character, it's purely down to her being my first actually-useful unit in FEH, her 4-star self being the carry for clearing the story maps when the game launched.

Fiora is great, a proud member of the eldest-of-three-siblings tribe guarantees that. I won't be able to justify making another +10 sword flier unfortunately, but I'm glad she didn't turn out to be another boring Thea/Sumia type addition to the game. I am strongly supportive of her being added in a seasonal banner to help her escape that fate.

Another Lyn? Well, Gotta catch catch' em all I guess. If nothing else Lyn once again proved she is number 1.

N.1 Most popular waifu 

N.1 in amount of alts

N.1 Blue Bow. 

Pretty happy with Ursula too, she was always Face of the Fangs so to speak. 

47 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

Lyn is clearly the prize and her art looks great~ +10 Atk and +14 Def on initiation is pretty crazy and I'd like to pull for her if I can but my Summer Elise merge will be the priority~

just kill Tibarn and get a hinoka. 

Well Hi there Fiona. One of my favourite Elibe ladies. Lilina is nice to see too.

Wolts a good pick too. Being Roy’s bro makes him semi important and he looks cool.

Ursela is a bit odd, but sure. Glad she ate a snicker and is looking like herself again.

I’m confused about Lyn over Roy though. Best friend/GF, milk bro and maybe mom are at the beach. So kinda bummed Roy is not there.

It looks like people have mistaken this for a dancer banner due to not reading what it says correctly. The name is 'Summer Refreshes". Without the last R.

Anyway, I love Ursula, I love Lilina, I kind of love Wolt, and I like Lyn. I'll try to get one.

1 hour ago, redlight said:

@Ice DragonWhich is better, Windex or Lilina's dagger?

Broadleaf Fan is more reliable than Windex since debuffs are generally more under your control, but Clorox will get more mileage in modes like Aether Raids where enemies are very likely to have humongous buffs.

If you can consistently apply Panic on enemies, then Broadleaf Fan is better even in Aether Raids.

59 minutes ago, Kaden said:

The jellyfish motif is gorgeous and beautifully fitting.

Edited by Ice Dragon