Borrowing A Copy Of Conquest For A Few Months. Any General Tips/Advice?

Hawkwing

6 minutes ago, Pengaius said:

While you do get some good utility tomes, it's still just that, tomes, which kinda suck in this game (all magic weapons do really even the shining bow is bad as a weapon by its own merits) 

Without spoiling anything to the original poster:
· What is the easiest way to kill Stoneborn and mini-boss Generals? Lightning.
· How to one-shot Master Ninjas? Bring a Sniper or bring Calamity Gate.
· Problems with Sword Masters? Learn Sword Breaker on time or bring a Sorcerer.
· Problems with Counter Snipers? Bring a Sorcerer.
· Problems with Master of Arms with multiple Breakers? Bring a Sniper or a Sorcerer.
· Need to hold a squadron of Berserkers and Generals? Bring +Magic Cornflakes or Hero Silas or Xander.

Tomes grant reliable 1-2 attacks on a route where the immense majority of enemies have at least twice as much Defence than Resistance. The normal damage output of magical attacks is superior to that of any other weapon type for most of the game (until you have a drugged Berserker/ Sniper with +30 Attack bonuses.)

It is a play style, I guess. But you have been missing a lot by ignoring magic.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

19 minutes ago, starburst said:

How to one-shot Master Ninjas? Bring a Sniper or bring Calamity Gate.

Snipers are likely to require critical hits, aka luck, and Calamity Gate hits their better Resistance stat. And that's ignoring the availability problems both have - the only potential sniper is a unit who requires a LOT of investment (and is arguably not worth said investment), and Calamity Gate requires using a unit who is pretty divisive.

Problems with Counter Snipers? Bring a Sorcerer.

"Hi, I'm Xander, and I laugh at damn near anything physical."

Problems with Master of Arms with multiple Breakers? Bring a Sniper or a Sorcerer.

How often do you see that??? Because the only Masters of Arms with Breakers I've seen are in chapter 25, and they only have one each (and the ones they have correspond to the weapon that their main weapon has the advantage over).

Edited by Shadow Mir

1 hour ago, Shadow Mir said:

I would strongly disagree here - Charlotte is far too much trouble to raise just to get a glass cannon unit,

She isn't a glass canon,  her absurdly high health and high speed make her easily able to take a hit even with low defense. Her high damage and crit rate make her one of the best attack stance partners, which can let you pack a serious punch (and tends to get her surrounded by units that want her attack stance naturally protecting her). Now she isn't a wall, if you want to expose her on enemy phase, you want a lot of setup like a good defensive pairup, plus defensive aura(s) and/or defensive rallies, although she will probably kill anything that she can counter so you should plan for that.

1 hour ago, Pengaius said:

While you do get some good utility tomes, it's still just that, tomes, which kinda suck in this game (all magic weapons do really even the shining bow is bad as a weapon by its own merits)  

Tomes are great, especially the Tomes you get from Ophelia's chapter.They are 1-2 range weapons without speed loss, and without the skill/crit restriction like the other magic weapons. Lightning is amazing, a brave weapon at C rank is devastating (especially with it letting you double attack stance hits without stats loss). The Horse Spirit's +3 speed, defense, and resistance can add critical bulk, or let you reach a vital speed tiers, and at D rank you can reach for it with a Corrin or Maligknight for potential extra tanking capabilities. The Calamity gate gives a mage control over the weapon triangle they otherwise wouldn't have.

Snipers are likely to require critical hits, aka luck, and Calamity Gate hits their better Resistance stat. And that's ignoring the availability problems both have - the only potential sniper is a unit who requires a LOT of investment (and is arguably not worth said investment), and Calamity Gate requires using a unit who is pretty divisive.

I am curious who you would suggest using against ninja then. Niles perhaps?

17 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

She isn't a glass canon,  her absurdly high health and high speed make her easily able to take a hit even with low defense. Her high damage and crit rate make her one of the best attack stance partners, which can let you pack a serious punch (and tends to get her surrounded by units that want her attack stance naturally protecting her). Now she isn't a wall, if you want to expose her on enemy phase, you want a lot of setup like a good defensive pairup, plus defensive aura(s) and/or defensive rallies, although she will probably kill anything that she can counter so you should plan for that.

If your offense is high, but your defense is shit, like is the case with Charlotte, you're a glass cannon by my standards. Having high HP doesn't matter, nor does it help her already flimsy case, especially since she still takes hits like a chump anyway.

17 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

I often have at least one Bow Knight.

Edited by Shadow Mir

2 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

He will simply deny whatever you say.
And in this particular case, someone who confuses the concepts of probability and luck needs fundamental elements that are beyond what we can (or will) provide.

Edited by starburst

2 hours ago, starburst said:

He will simply deny whatever you say.
And in this particular case, someone who confuses the concepts of probability and luck needs fundamental elements that are beyond what we can (or will) provide.

Because the stench of exaggeration is coming off of you in droves - to one-shot the Master Ninja in chapter 27 without a critical hit (said unit has 52 Hp, 19 Defense, and a capped 34 Resistance), you'd need 71 attack on the physical side, which is a stretch, or 86 attack on the magical side (...yeah, I don't see this happening). Besides, I already answered - I'd use a Bow Knight to counter them since it's actually feasible to have some, unlike is the case with Snipers, where without seal shenanigans, the only one is... Mozu. Who comes in at level 1. And requires a lot of investment to get there. And probably isn't worth it.

Getting back on topic, I would recommend staying in Corrin's base class until level 5 promoted, at the least - the skill learned is a very useful debuff skill.

Edited by Shadow Mir

10 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

Anyway, another thing to mention - evade is not nearly as reliable as in prior games, so a sturdy unit is a must if you don't want to tear your hair out in frustration. Personally, I recommend +HP/-Skill Corrin for this.

This. I haven't played Conquest in question (so maybe I shouldn't be giving advice, but eh), but unless your name is Ryoma, dodgetanking is a risky play at best. Though i have to question - Skill in this case. I personally would say - magic if you plan on switching out of Corrin's default class, or - luck if you plan on keeping it. Assuming you haven't started playing yet.

If you want to switch classes, Corrin can do well in whatever class you give them. People say its a good idea to pick a Birthright class for Conquest, and vice versa. Though Hoshidan classes are kinda frail, for the most part. Spear Master, maybe? Oni Chieftain? Honestly, though, its your playthrough, so just pick whatever class you think looks fun. 

As for boons/banes, +speed/strength (or magic if you're a magic class) are generally good choices. If you want a sturdier unit, +HP/defence is a good choice. And, as I said above, I recommend -luck or magic as a bane. Some people suggest - resistance, but I kind of like having a resistance stat. Again, though, it's up to you. Just keep in mind the stats of whatever class you ultimately choose, and you're set.

Also, don't be afraid to visit other castles if you want. If your cousin's played the game a lot, she might have some good skills on Corrin that you can buy in the unit logbook. Though, again, I haven't played Conquest, so I'm not sure how much gold you'll have lying around to spend on skills. If this paragraph is completely wrong, someone who's actually played this game please correct me.

Tl;dr: just have fun with whatever you choose to do, check enemy skills and take all my advice with a grain of salt. Good luck and have fun with your first playthrough!

22 hours ago, Pengaius said:

Nina's Paralogue gives the aforementioned shining bow, which while being a shitty magic weapon, is still good against fliers, and allows Niles to capture bow users without retaliation as well as make it easier to capture physical enemies with more def than Niles' squat attack (mainly generals and knights and whatnot) as well as some money, and a goddess icon (there's also a partner seal but that's pretty much just more money tbh)

Magic bow as a weapon < Tomes

Capture utility from Magic bow > Tomes

Just dump her on Xander for 8 maps and then yeet her back to the bench, or promote her and use her as an offence backpack. Although she can throw a mean hand axe and that's not nothin. 

I like how in 2019 someone is claiming magic is bad in fates.

That's adorable

Obligatory ignore Levant reminder.

Edited by joshcja

34 minutes ago, joshcja said:

I like how in 2019 someone is claiming magic is bad in fates.

Well, it's really more that the majority of your magic users (children excluded as they vary too much) are either sorta bad as a unit (Nyx and Orochi are hella squishy, Hayato joins underlevelled and is only okay, Odin is kinda lacklustre Leo is similar to Odin but has Brynhildr, which makes him a little bit better but not that much, Camilla is straight up better with an axe and Izana ain't too good either) or have to learn from E after promoting from a physical class, with barely any magic, the only particularily good learners of magic are base class healers and the avatar, and generally enemies in this game have more res than the previous games, magic is only truly good on a handful of (non child) characters. 

30 minutes ago, Pengaius said:

Well, it's really more that the majority of your magic users (children excluded as they vary too much) are either sorta bad as a unit (Nyx and Orochi are hella squishy, Hayato joins underlevelled and is only okay, Odin is kinda lacklustre Leo is similar to Odin but has Brynhildr, which makes him a little bit better but not that much, Camilla is straight up better with an axe and Izana ain't too good either) or have to learn from E after promoting from a physical class, with barely any magic, the only particularily good learners of magic are base class healers and the avatar, and generally enemies in this game have more res than the previous games, magic is only truly good on a handful of (non child) characters. 

This is more what I'm getting at - I find it pretty hard to justify a mage on my team in this game considering that most of them have severe baggage dragging them down. It doesn't help matters that they now have to beware of ninjas, which were specially meant to give them a hard time, nor does it that, not unlike was the case in Radiant Dawn, enemy resistance tends to be higher on average than in previous games. And on top of all this, mages have to work with weaker weapons than in prior games (in Awakening, mages had access to Thoron, which was a 14 might spell, at B rank, and Valflame, which has 21 might (16 base might + increasing magic by 5 points when equipped), at A rank. In this game? The B rank weapons drop your Crit Evade, only have 11 might, and they drop your magic and skill after use, meaning you can't afford to overuse them, and the A rank tomes cripple your offense after use. Brynhildr, which is exclusive to Leo, is the best tome that doesn't have any drawbacks.

2 hours ago, Pengaius said:

I will not try to convince you about using certain characters, mate. I kill Jakob in Chapter 6 because... fuck that stupid accent. And everyone will tell you that he can be a superhero and whatever. He is superfluous on Conquest Hard or Lunatic. And on this very page of the thread there are two other players who can complete the game without him or any of the royals any given day. So, you can safely ignore me and ask them.

Since you seem to dislike everyone else, pick +Magic -Luck Cornflakes and promote her into Nohr Noble. No Heart Seals, no nothing; simple, vanilla stuff. Keep an eye on her damage output.

I will hide this from the original poster, on purpose. It is his first campaign.

Spoiler

Being conservative, let us say that she will promote at L20 around Ch 14.
In Ch 15, hand her an E-rank tome, let her easily wipe the map and get D-rank in the process (the map plays exactly the same in Hard and Lunatic.) One map and now she can reliably attack and counter anything at 1-2.
For Ch 16, give her any pair-up (be it L1 Villager Mozu or L4 Paladin Xander, it does not matter, she only needs to fill the bar) and drop her anywhere on the boat. She soloes the map. (And this is so easy to accomplish that you should actually ignore her and let other party members level-up.)
Ch 17 is tricky for any magic user. Still, let her teammates create a barricade south east and hold the first two waves. Then send her at the vanguard and keep on marching towards the boss or grab the treasures, whatever.
Ch 18: Give her a pair-up and a tome and she can tank all Paladins and Bow Knights. Then let her take care of both Generals with Lightning. She can also tank the Heroes if you want to.
Ch 19: Give her tonics and let her tank Foxes with her Dragon Stone (a cross formation never fails.)
Ch 20: Go east, take Wind Lifts and kill the boss by turn 6 or so. Or grab the treasures and gain Experience, your choice. Just make sure that she has 25-30 Magic at the end.
Ch 21: Let her blast the Stoneborn with Lightning.
I could go on, but you get the idea. You were keeping an eye on her damage output, right?

Well, in normal conditions and balanced Experience share, Sorcerer Odin or Sorcerer Ophelia will always have a couple more points of Magic than Cornflakes at any given moment since around Ch 16. Odin will also have more HP and Skill, and Ophelia may also have more Speed, but the damage output will be equivalent (and the number of critical hits delivered by these two compensates for the Dragon Fang activations.) They will not tank (well, Odin can tank for ages with Nosferatu), but normal Sorcerers are Player Phase units anyway.

If you do it and still think that magic is bad in this game, at least you would have seen the numbers and will know that it is just you. However useful magic may be, other options suit better your play style.

Edited by starburst
Added spoiler tags.

Thanks for all the advice!

Got passed the route split and played two more chapters at the time of writing (the first chapter of the story and the first paralogue). I'll save my full thoughts for when I inevitably do a "just beat the game, here's what I think" topic. For now, I'll say that my first impressions on the story is that it's... not terrible. But it's not good either. It really feels like they're just using tropes A to Z that such a story would use, with very little of the nuance that makes can make said tropes interesting in the first place. I also don't have the highest first impressions on the dialogue, voice acting (except for Arthur, because I just can't hate his superhero ham), and supports, but I'm willing to give the game a chance before making a final judgement on that.

To say some positive things about the story, I like the explanation of the faceless, as they're a logical counter to Mikoto's (laughable) magic spell for protecting Hoshido, and the detail that the process for creating them isn't perfect is solid reasoning for why they're an enemy on all three routes. The choice of which path to take had a greater impact on me than I initially thought it would have. While it didn't sadden me to tears or anything like that (although being fair, even excellent movies, books, and the like have a hard time getting me to cry), I did really sense just how betrayed the opposing side felt, and now I'm legitimately curious on what the scene is like on the other routes. Also, Mozu's chapter caught me off guard that her entire village was destroyed and everyone was killed. It definitely put a different light on the shaky villager animations.

As for non-gameplay things that I wanted to comment upon, the battle animations are a lot more fluid and flashy than the ones in Awakening, and are a definite improvement. I still prefer Echoes at the end of the day, but I feel like that's an unfair comparison, and I don't see myself skipping the animations in this game anytime soon. While the in-game cutscenes are rough around the edges at points, a lot is expanded upon when compared to Awakening, and I will compliment them on that. While I know that they can get ludicrous, I do like the clothing damage. It helps enforce that a heavy attack struck, it makes the battles more visually exciting as the characters attire changes as the fight goes on, and the fact that it carries over into cutscenes gives the sense that the characters really did just get done with a battle, which is something I don't always notice in Fire Emblem.

As for the gameplay side of things... heh heh heh...

It feels like I'm learning how to swim by jumping into the deep end of the pool, but I'll keep going with hard mode, because this will be an interesting trial by fire.

I kid you not that I spent twenty minutes on the first level just staring at all of these skills, classes, characters, and weapons. Trying to comprehend all these plus and minuses, debuffs and boosts, and so on, because I knew that I would have to learn them or else I would fail. Especially since I was choosing the hard route which would be less merciful to mistake.

I had some difficulties early on, mostly from trying to give Corrin every kill and because I remembered the hard way that you don't get many self-healing items before the route split. Chapter 5 gave me the most trouble, as while Dragon Corrin was strong and the wyvernslayers didn't kill him in one hit, they did do a lot of damage, and it didn't help that the rest of the units on the map weren't the most durable. After that, I found the first post-route split map to be challenging yet fun, and I'm curious what the rest of the game is like.

As for some more specific things to talk about:

- Pair-up already feels much more balanced and reliable than it was in Awakening, and I like that the enemy also takes advantage of it now. It adds another layer of depth to the strategy rather than being another RNG reliant-mechanic, and I've gotten a lot of use out of both stances. My only gripe is that guard stance seems to be slightly better than the attack stance. There's no easy way to go from the guard stance into an attack one due to separating taking up a full turn for both units, while pairing up can be done easily and the unit can still move afterwards. Guard stance also defends against dual strikes and gives bonuses that aid when attacking paired-up enemies, so there's more advantages. That said, I still get a lot of use of of dual strikes, and I enjoy using both stances. I just wish that some changes were made to make dual striking a little more efficient, is all.

- Are the hit rates of this game usually this all over the place? I'm not talking about the wonky RNG or skills that boost/lower hit or avoidance, but how some fights have the hit rates in the high 90's and 100's, and others are in the 60 and 70 percentile range. I'm used to odd hit rates thanks to Echoes, but I still find it strange nonetheless.

- Dragon Veins are a neat concept, and while I haven't used it a whole lot so far, I can already see the potential they have on changing the tide of a battle. The fact that only royals can use them is a double-edged sword, since it means that only a few units can take advantage of them, but it also means that the enemy is limited as well.

- Don't know what to think about ranged weapons and magic being part of the normal triangle. It seems odd, but I'll have to play more of the game before deciding how well it works.

I also made Corrin strong with defense and weak with luck, because I have the philosophy that getting hit/crit doesn't matter if you can tank it.

12 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

What did you pick for your talent? And what's your Corrin's gender?

Corrin is a dude, and my talent is defense, while my bane is luck.

I have the philosophy that getting hit/crit doesn't matter if you can tank it.

EDIT: I forgot to talk about the music. It's amazing, and I'm debating whether I want IS to make a full out Samurai or Viking game first so they can go all out.

Edited by Hawkwing

44 minutes ago, Hawkwing said:

For now, I'll say that my first impressions on the story is that it's... not terrible. But it's not good either.

Right!? It is silly and very flawed, but it had potential. And I play tactical games because of its gameplay, so I never really cared that much.

The choice of which path to take had a greater impact on me than I initially thought it would have.

I always say that I knew that I wanted a 3DS the moment I watched the trailer of Conquest for the first time (and that was only two years ago.)
I liked that Norh were the 'bad guys', but being loyal to those with whom you grew up with instead of to your own blood had an impact on me.

As for the gameplay side of things... heh heh heh...

It feels like I'm learning how to swim by jumping into the deep end of the pool, but I'll keep going with hard mode, because this will be an interesting trial by fire.

I kid you not that I spent twenty minutes on the first level just staring at all of these skills, classes, characters, and weapons. Trying to comprehend all these plus and minuses, debuffs and boosts, and so on, because I knew that I would have to learn them or else I would fail.

Aw, I am so proud of you, mate. He, he, he.
And, yes, this type of games demands more attention, but, hopefully, the challenge will be fun and worth your time.

I wish I could relive Conquest for the first time.

- Are the hit rates of this game usually this all over the place? I'm not talking about the wonky RNG or skills that boost/lower hit or avoidance, but how some fights have the hit rates in the high 90's and 100's, and others are in the 60 and 70 percentile range. I'm used to odd hit rates thanks to Echoes, but I still find it strange nonetheless.

Yes, it is common. You were most likely watching different Weapon Triangle hit rates.
Like it is in real  life, you must analyse different options and take your chances.

If you need help on any map or have doubts about any mechanic, let us know and we will try to help you.
Good luck. And not in a formulaic sense. You will need it. Have fun.

Edited by starburst

20 minutes ago, Hawkwing said:

By talent, I meant the alternate class you picked during creation (Cavalier, Monk, etc.), and thus the class you'll have access to when using a Heart Seal. What you stated was your boon (also known as your asset in Awakening).

I'll have to warn you - you'll have to do the last two chapters in this game back-to-back, meaning if you lose on the last map, you'll have to do the preceding map all over again.

4 hours ago, Pengaius said:

This is entirely inaccurate. All of it.

11 hours ago, Hawkwing said:

Keep in mind that in this game the AI ignores units whom it deals zero damage to. And, being a heavily Player-Phase-oriented game, luring enemies is key to advance in many situations.
That being said, +Def should not usually be high enough to scare the AI. I only wanted to let you know that too much Defence is worse than high HP for tanking.

11 hours ago, Hawkwing said:

EDIT: I forgot to talk about the music. It's amazing, and I'm debating whether I want IS to make a full out Samurai or Viking game first so they can go all out. 

Her piano covers of Conquest's themes are great:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6LlbsOfA9bA

22 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

By talent, I meant the alternate class you picked during creation (Cavalier, Monk, etc.), and thus the class you'll have access to when using a Heart Seal. What you stated was your boon (also known as your asset in Awakening).

Ah, that. I'm still getting used to the name differences between games.

I chose Samurai, since it would allow access to a Hosidan class and because I remember TV Tropes saying samurai was powerful. That, and Corrin already uses a sword, so I wouldn't have to deal with bronze weapons.

22 hours ago, starburst said:

Right!? It is silly and very flawed, but it had potential. And I play tactical games because of its gameplay, so I never really cared that much.

Really, my biggest issue is just how cliched everything is. Maybe I've spent too much time on TV Tropes, but I kept going "Here's the 'you'll be a strong warrior one day' speech!" "Yep, they make a joke about Leo in an otherwise serious conversation to show that they love each other" "Amnesia! How convenient!" "We don't care that the nameless dudes were just massacred, but we have to save the named characters!" "The villain explains their evil intentions because the audience needs to know that they're EVIL!" and so on. I don't mind that they're using these tropes, since several of them I know are necessary for the plot to exist and progress, but as I said before, they lack the nuance that makes these cliches interesting in the first place. Now if this were a parody of Fire Emblem or if they had more fun with the tropes they are using, then it would bother me less (or heck, I would even enjoy it), but the fact that this is supposed to be a dramatic story just makes their plain usage all the more glaring.

The dialogue doesn't help. As flawed as Awakening and Echoes stories could be, the things that the characters said in the story was never one of my complains. Meanwhile, in Fates, it seems that every other sentence raises an eyebrow or makes me cringe. It's either a long-winded description for something that should be natural, or it's out of place in the setting and supposedly serious story. The voice acting doesn't help, but I'll wait until I beat the game before making a judgement on that.

It seems like I hate the story, but honestly I just find that it works and that's it. Nothing has made me angry or frustrated with the plot so far, but there are very few things I actually like. The only reason I'm not skipping cutscenes is because I find the premise to be interesting

22 hours ago, starburst said:

I always say that I knew that I wanted a 3DS the moment I watched the trailer of Conquest for the first time (and that was only two years ago.)
I liked that Norh were the 'bad guys', but being loyal to those with whom you grew up with instead of to your own blood had an impact on me.

Yeah, I was surprised by the just how betrayed the Hosidans were, and it was the first time I was actually impressed by the writing. It didn't really sink in that it was more than just being your real family; they were waiting and trying for years to find their stolen sibling, only for them to reject them for their "real" family. Not to mention that their attempts to show that Nohr was in the wrong failed.

As I said before, I'm curious about what the other routes are like. The Nohr siblings would also have great reason to be betrayed, since the person that they spent years with left them for some strangers they only knew for a few days. It was an important moment in the story, and to give credit where it's due, it's the best moment in the game so far.

11 hours ago, starburst said:

Keep in mind that in this game the AI ignores units whom it deals zero damage to. And, being a heavily Player-Phase-oriented game, luring enemies is key to advance in many situations.
That being said, +Def should not usually be high enough to scare the AI. I only wanted to let you know that too much Defence is worse than high HP for tanking.

Well, I am playing on casual mode to test the waters of the game's difficulty, and I know from Awakening that the AI is smarter than previous games. Thanks for the advice regardless.

11 hours ago, starburst said:

Her piano covers of Conquest's themes are great:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6LlbsOfA9bA

Thanks for sharing this! I'll definitely look at the rest of the songs they've done.

On 7/9/2019 at 9:14 PM, Shadow Mir said:

Because the stench of exaggeration is coming off of you in droves - to one-shot the Master Ninja in chapter 27 without a critical hit (said unit has 52 Hp, 19 Defense, and a capped 34 Resistance), you'd need 71 attack on the physical side, which is a stretch, or 86 attack on the magical side (...yeah, I don't see this happening).

Never underestimate Ophelia.

40	Elise!Ophelia's magic cap in Sorcerer
+10	Life and Death
+ 5	Trample (via Percy) or Tomefaire (via Mage/Priest/Diviner talent Corrin-M)
+ 2	Malefic Aura
+ 4	Rally Magic
+ 3	S Rank attack bonus
+ 4	Double S Rank WTA
+ 2	Tonic
+ 2	Meal
+ 5	Generic Sorcerer guard stance
+ 7	Calamity Gate might
+ 2	Magic statues (via two of Ophelia, +Mag Corrin, Dwyer) OR +2 from better guard stance

86	TOTAL

As always: kill threshold achieved.

Just for fun, here's Odin:

36	Odin's magic cap in Sorcerer
+10	Life and Death
+ 5	Tomefaire (via Mage/Priest/Diviner talent Corrin-F) or Trample (with Dragon talent)
+ 2	Malefic Aura
+ 4	Rally Magic
+ 3	S Rank attack bonus
+ 4	Double S Rank WTA
+ 2	Tonic
+ 2	Meal
+ 6	+Mag Corrin-F Sorcerer guard stance at S support
+ 2	Supportive
+ 7	Calamity Gate might
+ 3	Magic statues (+Mag Corrin, Leo, Ophelia/Nyx)

86	TOTAL

Edited by Zoran

19 minutes ago, Zoran said:

Never underestimate Ophelia.

40	Elise!Ophelia's magic cap in Sorcerer
+10	Life and Death
+ 5	Trample (via Percy) or Tomefaire (via Mage/Priest/Diviner talent Corrin-M)
+ 2	Malefic Aura
+ 4	Rally Magic
+ 3	S Rank attack bonus
+ 4	Double S Rank WTA
+ 2	Tonic
+ 2	Meal
+ 5	Generic Sorcerer guard stance
+ 7	Calamity Gate might
+ 2	Magic statues (via two of Ophelia, +MAG Corrin, Dwyer) OR +2 from better guard stance

86	TOTAL

As always: kill threshold achieved.

Just for fun, here's Odin:

36	Odin's magic cap in Sorcerer
+10	Life and Death
+ 5	Tomefaire (via Mage/Priest/Diviner talent Corrin-F) or Trample (with Dragon talent)
+ 2	Malefic Aura
+ 4	Rally Magic
+ 3	S Rank attack bonus
+ 4	Double S Rank WTA
+ 2	Tonic
+ 2	Meal
+ 6	+Mag Corrin-F Sorcerer guard stance
+ 2	Supportive
+ 7	Calamity Gate might
+ 3	Magic statues (+MAG Corrin, Leo, Ophelia/Nyx)

86	TOTAL

So you admit that she needs a specific mother (and one I don't even consider her best mother, at that), among other things that aren't guaranteed, to do it (Nyx is one of the absolute worst Nohrian units, so her getting enough kills to get her statue up is unlikely unless I intentionally shoot myself in the foot by fielding an awful unit, let alone upgrading it. And what if I decide to run something other than a Magic boon?). Good going there.

Edited by Shadow Mir

6 minutes ago, Zoran said:

+ 5 Trample (via Percy)

Or inherited from Elise.

On a related note

26	Mozu Average Strength at level 15/15 (switched to archer at level 5) 
+ 4	Quick Draw
+ 5	Bow Faire
+ 2 A Rank Bow
+ 1 A Rank WTA
+ 8 Crecent Bow
-19 Defense
x2 Brave Effect
 54 Damage

This is a very easy kill for a Sniper. And if you are worried about the reduced damage effect don't worry the only other enemy in the room with the specific enemy mentioned is a harmless healer you can use to wipe the debuffs away with.

Since other people have commented, I have something I want to ask:

I've noticed that a lot of my units are near level 10 despite only having them for a short time. Is there a recommended time to promote or reclass? I probably won't do it for a while, but I'm curious if it's wiser to do so earlier or later.

5 minutes ago, Hawkwing said:

I've noticed that a lot of my units are near level 10 despite only having them for a short time. Is there a recommended time to promote or reclass? I probably won't do it for a while, but I'm curious if it's wiser to do so earlier or later.

I like to wait for 20 with my main units, as you can reach 20/20 with a lot of the conquest crew, but I think sometime after level 15 is fairly normal. Backpacks are an exception as you don;t expect them to see combat so promoting at 10 is the norm for them.

23 hours ago, Hawkwing said:

Really, my biggest issue is just how cliched everything is. Maybe I've spent too much time on TV Tropes, but I kept going "Here's the 'you'll be a strong warrior one day' speech!" "Yep, they make a joke about Leo in an otherwise serious conversation to show that they love each other" "Amnesia! How convenient!" "We don't care that the nameless dudes were just massacred, but we have to save the named characters!" "The villain explains their evil intentions because the audience needs to know that they're EVIL!" and so on. I don't mind that they're using these tropes, since several of them I know are necessary for the plot to exist and progress, but as I said before, they lack the nuance that makes these cliches interesting in the first place. Now if this were a parody of Fire Emblem or if they had more fun with the tropes they are using, then it would bother me less (or heck, I would even enjoy it), but the fact that this is supposed to be a dramatic story just makes their plain usage all the more glaring.

The dialogue doesn't help. As flawed as Awakening and Echoes stories could be, the things that the characters said in the story was never one of my complains. Meanwhile, in Fates, it seems that every other sentence raises an eyebrow or makes me cringe. It's either a long-winded description for something that should be natural, or it's out of place in the setting and supposedly serious story. The voice acting doesn't help, but I'll wait until I beat the game before making a judgement on that.

It seems like I hate the story, but honestly I just find that it works and that's it. Nothing has made me angry or frustrated with the plot so far, but there are very few things I actually like. The only reason I'm not skipping cutscenes is because I find the premise to be interesting

honestly as someone who has been recently been replaying through fates myself. I gotta say the story is actually not bad or at the very least the story has a lot more depth to it than what you might think. Seriously playing through birthright has really begun to open my eyes to lot of the thematic depth that this story actually has. There's a reason why there is so much water symbolism in this game I'll tell you that. The premise is actually quite different from what was advertised or at the very themes differ a little bit. When playing through conquest specifically take note of how deception and lies are used within the plot. Every single major plot point revolves around that idea. The same is true of birthright except in conquest instead of trying see through deception Corrin is actively using it. It's a very interesting thematic narrative idea that the story plays around with. The lyrics really do play into it as well though conquest's are a lot more explicit. Again this game's story has a lot more depth to it than what may seem on the surface.