Beruka!Forrest any good?

Dr. C

I read a reddit post that straight up said that Forrest with Beruka for a mother is the best pairing. Leo gets Malign Knight and Forrest gains realty exceptional bulk if reclass Ed to one.

Thoughts/Opinions?

Beruka!Forrest Growths before class growths are factored in:

HP: 50

STR: 22.5

MAG: 37.5

SKL: 37.5 

SPD: 32.5

LCK: 35

DEF: 32.5

RES: 40

The calculation for children's growth rates (before class) is Mother's Growth Rates + Child's Base Growths Rates divided by 2. You then just add on the growth rates of the class you want. Alternatively, don't do this and use this calculator someone made.

Base stats are a lot harder to figure out and I'm too tired to do them at the moment so I'm just going to dump the formula and make some assumptions using his absolute base stats.

Spoiler

Child’s Level 10 + N stats = Class base stats + [Child’s absolute base stats + (N x Child’s full growth rates); define the value inside these square bracket as “C”] + {[(Father’s personal stats – C; 0 if negative) + (Mother’s personal stats – C; 0 if negative)] / 4; cannot be higher than (C/10) +2 rounded down}

Basically, he'll have a shitton of RES (his absolute base is 13, he always has good RES basically), shitton of HP (absolute base of 8, and he's got a coin-flip growth in it) and decent DEF (absolute base of 6, decent enough growth, especially after class growths get factored in). His only kind weak growth is STR, and his absolute base is kind of middling for STR.

This all taken together, he can basically class into anything he wants, although with a preference to magic-using classes. He'd probably make a pretty good Malig Knight or Dark Knight, as they allow him to be tanky while also throwing magic.

As for best parent? In Conquest, yes, if you want a pretty generalist, bulky Forrest. In Rev, I'd probably give it to Hinoka, who gives him a pretty balanced spread of growths across the board for everything except STR and DEF. You can use the calculator I linked to play around with mothers a bit more.

• 1 month later...