If Conquest's Gameplay Is 'Among the Best in the Series', What Are the Other 'Best Gameplay' Titles?

starburst

On 7/11/2019 at 3:13 PM, Reality said:

FE 11 - H3  through H5 only -  This game is primitive on normal mode, and you can make Marth and pretty much anyone else into an invincible enemy phase super soldier, but on the harder difficulties you finally get a really sumptuous experience, since you suddenly need tp be really exact with letting the enemies get too close to one another. It has the "weakness" of low enemy variety, but I feel like it isnt' a big deal, since you soft counter enemy unit types and they use their bodies to power through you since you can't soft counter multiple times and especonaly not on a single enemy phase. It's biggest drawback compared to FE12 is actually probably wall and corrider placement. Easily one of the best though.

FE 12 - Hard and Reverse mostly but the normal mode isn't as much of a different game as FE11's compared to FE11 H mode - Defensive stats being gutted is so good for the design that the game is actually balanced around player phase instead of setting up the AI to the borderline mind control all enemy phase combat of the weaker FE games. 

Thracia 776 -  I do think it's the best pre-DS/3DS game, BUT a lot of it's tactical design is only apparent, and vanishes if you replay it or just have a heavy-handed playstyle. The main problem is trash enemy stats. and the broken critical hit mechanics [...]

Thank you very much for your detailed response, mate. I liked how you praised Thracia 776 and still name its numerous issues.
So, a second mention for FE 11 and FE 12, and another vote for Thracia 776, which surprisingly (for me) has been the most praised game on this thread.

I had already got the DS games, and downloaded the latest patch for Thracia 776 earlier this week. I still have not decided yet which game to try next. But however disappointed I may be about what I have seen of Three Houses, finding another engaging game these weeks will certainly help keeping away from spoilers.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic