Did anyone else find Lunatic!Birthright harder than Hard!Conquest?

Zerxen

I decided to try out Birthright on Lunatic mode after only having Conquest for two years. I had just finished the game and I personally found Lunatic!Birthright to be quite difficult contrary to what most people have said. The game was fairly challenging up until the late-game. The reinforcements and their Silver weapons made a very obnoxious design choice. I was struggling so hard to the point where I had relied on grinding and DLC to flow through. By Chapter 26, I had to lower the difficulty down to Hard since my units kept on getting killed. I had played through Hard mode Conquest before and I didn't find it to be that difficult aside from Chapter 10. I never bothered grinding unless I wanted a unit to S rank another ASAP.

I'd say before chapter 23 Lunatic!Birthright is significantly easier than hard!conquest at that chapter the difficulty spikes so the difficulty of the endgame is basically on par with hard!conquest 

Just wait until you see the last chapter of Lunatic!Birthright, I honestly hope that RNG is on your side and that your units can at least survive the first turn. Thank goodness that the final fight that come after can be cheesed by just going straight to the Final boss... and being lucky. I guess.
The problem with both Lunatic, the stats of the enemies are busted, but when they literally surround you and you have no chance to truly tank them...
And map design isn't perfect either.

Strangely, I found the Iago chapter relatively easy despite Iago having his broken skills, the enemies weren't placed to screw you over.

7 hours ago, Armchair General said:

I'm stuck on the second battle with Camilla, plus everyone using forged weapons to get roughly 40 effective attack power, reinforcements spam feels like an unnecessary pain. But hey, at least I'm not on the clock (which is fun, btw).

Ah ah ! That chapter was nightmare. It doesn't help that the design is toilet worthy. RIP Elise's retainers.

Edited by B.Leu

Like with most things in Fates, it's difficult until you realize how to boost your unit's stats to the point where they can defeat entire sections of enemies by themselves. 

The enemies in the Camilla chapter hit pretty hard, with pretty much no physical enemy hitting for less than 34 Attack, with some Sliver Axe enemies even breaking over 40 Attack. That may sound like it would be a lot for unit to handle, that's actually pretty manageable. 

Take a base Ryoma for example. With the Raijinto equipped, he only has 36 HP and 15 Defense, meaning that he cant stand even two rounds of combat against most enemies. 

But then you'd have to consider all the Defense increasing opportunities. Let's list them all out:

A Great Knight Pair Up: +4 Def

Activating Bushido: +2 Def

A Defense and HP Tonic: +2 Def and +5 HP

Rally Defense: +4 Def

Eating a Defensive meal: +2 Def

Reclassing to Master of Arms: +2 Def and +2 HP

------------------

Total: 43 HP and 31 Defense 

So suddenly, Ryoma goes from being 2 round KO'd all the way to only taking 5 damage from most enemies without even a single level up. And this isn't even including the Dual Gauge, personal supports bonuses, or reclassing to a more bulky class like Great Knight.

And this isn't exclusive to Ryoma either. Anyone in your army can easily be improved to the point where they can have the same durability, even less bulky units like Hana or Kaze. 

So while it is rather difficult if you don't take every advantage that comes your way, if you do so the game be

Edited by LoneRecon400

I'm currently playing through Conquest Lunatic, so I can't give a full comparison, but the maps I found annoying were Chapter 10 and pretty much everyone after 23 but before 26. 25 was obnoxious, since you had 5 waves of Dark/Bow Knights as well as Great Knights alongside an Entrap  user made it quite difficult to press forward. Endgame was laughable though