Anachronisms in Fire Emblem?

Zerxen

Does anyone happen to have any ideas of anachronisms existing within the Fire Emblem games? I have been replaying Awakening and Fates and for whatever reason, I like to think of the cast living in a modern world except that the military and politics remain stagnant in medieval times. The supports seem to reference bathrooms, showers, and even modern-day candy (just look at Gaius's artwork and supports). The Outrealms from the DLC chapters even have tomes that work function as cameras and intercoms.

I do know that early civilizations had indoor plumbing, though I really doubt they were able to have steamy showers inside a tent.

Edited by Zerxen

Hmm. I can’t really think of any physical anachronisms off the top of my head. One thing that I was just thinking about today for some reason was Ricken’s XP gain quote in the barracks/event tiles:

”I tried frying some fish with my Fire tome. Modern men should know how to cook!”

Which is not really an attitude one would expect to find in a medieval setting. Not sure if it’s really relevant, but I found it interesting.

Actually, now that I think about it, Shiro and Selkie’s support conversation mentions barbecue sauce. I wouldn’t expect to find that on a medieval Japanese table either...