New Pokemon info - Gigantamaxing

IGdood

...They're bringing back version exclusive Gym Leaders, aren't they?

I didn't like it in Black and White, I'm not gonna like it here.

Honestly, the lack of a National Dex didn't bother me, the tree didn't bother me, cutting a ton of Pokemon didn't bother me, but this, THIS bothers me.

OH MY GOD I LOVE ALCREMIE! I hope it evolves or isn't terrible! It's so cute! 😄

Also, Gigantamaxing looks AWESOME. Alcremie becomes a big pretty cake! And Corviknight looks really cool in its new form too!

I think I realize now what GameFreak meant before about quality models and animations. These Gigantamaxed forms are likely accessed by a lot of Pokemon, and given how detailed these are, that would be a lot more work than just making basic battle models for every Pokemon.

Gigantamaxing could've just been megas.

With that out of the way, I'm still not all that convinced about them, especially if they're just aestheic differences, neat as a giant cake is and all. Drednaw's is alright if unexceptional and I feel odd because I don't like Corviknight's but I also don't feel like I'm seeing it all that clearly.

3 hours ago, Dayni said:

Gigantamaxing could've just been megas.

Gigantamax Charizard will be a fusion of Mega Charizard X and Mega Charizard Y. I'm thinking, largely the aesthetic of Y, with the flames coming out of the corners of his mouth, with three horns, but the right and left ones will be colored and longer. No shoulder-horns, though.

I hope they aren't using Gigantamaxing as a reason to not give the new Pokémon evolutions. I would prefer if Drednaw had a normal evolution but now I doubt that will happen. It's especially annoying since Dynamaxing will likely be dropped next generation.

I like all the new Pokémon though, I will admit that having a whipped cream Pokémon grow into a giant cake is funny and clever.

I'm actually quite into version exclusive gym leaders. The more different, the better. Otherwise whats the point of having 2 games? (See X and Y)

I loooove Alcremie. It's so cute, and its gigantimax form is magical. Also this cemented my choice for Shield.

5 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

The Alcremie (I like the wordplay) Gigantamaxing reminds me of an old Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars boss battle:

Can someone please make Pokemon fanart of this now? With two turtle Pokemon replacing the chefs?

How ironic, a friend of mine showed this to me last night:

klu5dc8ng4931.png

It was on reddit, but the image link is broken there.

Edited by Dai