Tempest Trials+: Lessons Learned is here!

14 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Alfyn's. That one was probably more iconic. 

Thanks for reminding me of that. One of the better chapters of OT.

58 minutes ago, Jave said:

I’m honestly tempted to eventually summon lots of Fioras in order to give her Parasol to lots of units and have an army of refined ladies. 

Be sure to save a spare for a Maribelle alt! Or just wait for her to come in a yukata on a pegasus with a Parasol Axe.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Anacybele said:

...They're still not "literally the same unit" when they're different colors and different weapons.

It's like when people say Minerva is just flying axe Saber.

Minerva: 40/31/33/32/22
Saber: 40/31/33/32/22

Fiora is just sword Cynthia.

5 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Fiora is just sword Cynthia.

Then say that, don't say literally the same unit. Those aren't quite the same. xP

Just now, Anacybele said:

Then say that, don't say literally the same unit. Those aren't quite the same. xP

It's an analogue to the main series games where you can just swap weapon types (and sometimes classes) on the fly. Same unit equipped with a different weapon (if you ignore their name and art).

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

It's an analogue to the main series games where you can just swap weapon types (and sometimes classes) on the fly. Same unit equipped with a different weapon (if you ignore their name and art).

I know, but as you say, that's for the rest of the main series. It doesn't apply to Heroes. 😛

Steady Stance. yaaaaaaayyyy
Chill Speed. yaaaaaay

These 2 will be upgraded right away, and then i'll probably do brazen atk/spd (or guidance/aerobatics). 

hmmm. i wonder if i could do 4 star stuff on Lunatic 5. it will be sloggy until i get Fiora. 
(who will probably just get death blow and help that atk stat a bit). 

3 hours ago, Anacybele said:

I think he was joking about the fact their stats are almost identical, nothing to be annoyed 😛

20 minutes ago, Troykv said:

I think he was joking about the fact their stats are almost identical, nothing to be annoyed 😛

Oh, I'm not annoyed, I just thought I was politely pointing out an error, is all. 😛

Ooh this will be a good TT for me since the seal are really good and Fiora is nice as well.  Already have my first team planned out since I got who I wanted on the new summer banner.  Team will be: Xander until he maxes HM, Silas same as Xander, Wolt and Priscilla.  S!Lilina might see some work in this too once I max Xander.

7 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

whoa, that's creepy. One of the unused characters in FE1 is Saber, whose portrait in the code is...Minerva's brother? Just what are Saber's origins!? Why do they have the same hair color? I demand lore!

Any guesses for bonus units?

1 hour ago, Glennstavos said:

Any guesses for bonus units?

The remaining three bonus units are Young Lion Roy, Etrurian General Cecilia, and Gwendolyn. So, get ready for another banner of nothing but 3*-4* units.

I can't help but feel a tad disappointeded with Fiora. Compared to legendary Ryoma, she trades points in HP, atk, def, and spd for 8 res, which doesn't seem like a great trade-off given that her res still isn't high enough to Ploy consistently (would have worked perfectly with her weapon). Her spd and atk are still pretty solid despite the lost points in both stats, but her lowered def seems a bit too low to make her an especially good generalist flier with her base weapon and other inheritable options like Wo Dao. Not a fan of her English voice either since it doesn't fit her character imo.

At the very least, her art is fantastic and her Japanese voice fits her personality better. Still a bit conflicted on whether I should keep her base weapon or run a more conventional option like Wo Dao.

8 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

So, get ready for another banner of nothing but 3*-4* units.

But how are people supposed to get the required FIVE THOUSAND points a day without a bonus unit?

I like the seals dont get me wrong. But when are we going to get again interesting seals like Vantage, Desperation (actually strike this one due to Bold Fighter), Shield Pulse, Guard.

I mean there was a time where they did throw stuff like Quick Riposte, Brash Assault, Heavy Blade, Flashing Blade at us.

11 minutes ago, Hilda said:

I like the seals dont get me wrong. But when are we going to get again interesting seals like Vantage, Desperation (actually strike this one due to Bold Fighter), Shield Pulse, Guard.

I mean there was a time where they did throw stuff like Quick Riposte, Brash Assault, Heavy Blade, Flashing Blade at us.

Not looking forward to a Vantage seal, but WoM would be great. Or a blade skill that checks DEF or RES. 

We got Renewal not long ago, that was a big help. 

Edited by mampfoid

32 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Not looking forward to a Vantage seal, but WoM would be great. Or a blade skill that checks DEF or RES. 

We got Renewal not long ago, that was a big help. 

WoM is a big No-no (Nowi?) for me. The first thing that comes to mind is a WoM+Special Spiral Ophelia which would be absolutely disgusting to see in AR if coupled with a Seliph or something with insta Miracle. Then we get into teleporting Bold Fighter armors and...yeah, no. I'd prefer a ER seal as that one is based on your units health rather than the allies making it more balanced in my eyes.

Vantage would be not fun because you'd end up with Seliph running Reprisal + Vantage + Special Spiral or Reprisal + Vantage + Wrath, which is the exact opposite of fun.

Edited by Ice Dragon

5 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Vantage would be not fun because you'd end up with Seliph running Reprisal + Vantage + Special Spiral or Reprisal + Vantage + Wrath, which is the exact opposite of fun.

Is the Miracle Seliph build legitimately cancerous in AR or something?

1 minute ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Is the Miracle Seliph build legitimately cancerous in AR or something?

Seliph pretty much always runs his refined Tyrfing with Vengeance, Distant Counter, and Vantage because he is literally impossible to kill in one round if combat if you cannot one-shot him outright. This is combined with a full army with Wings of Mercy ready to teleport in and slaughter you. And if you survive that, you have a Vantage Seliph with 1 HP and a fully charged Vengeance sitting there that you literally cannot kill without sacrificing someone to eat his Vengeance first.

I personally find him more obnoxious to deal with than Legendary Alm.

11 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Seliph pretty much always runs his refined Tyrfing with Vengeance, Distant Counter, and Vantage because he is literally impossible to kill in one round if combat if you cannot one-shot him outright. This is combined with a full army with Wings of Mercy ready to teleport in and slaughter you. And if you survive that, you have a Vantage Seliph with 1 HP and a fully charged Vengeance sitting there that you literally cannot kill without sacrificing someone to eat his Vengeance first.

I personally find him more obnoxious to deal with than Legendary Alm.

Is L!Alm known for being stupid to deal with in AR even for whales lol, i personally hated dealing with him but i never touched those modes

1 minute ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Is L!Alm known for being stupid to deal with in AR even for whales lol, i personally hated dealing with him but i never touched those modes

He's nearly impossible to tank (coming from someone whose Winter Fae can tank instant Specials from Lilina and Celica just fine), and he's usually placed somewhere where you can't snipe him on player phase.

15 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I ran into a Seliph with everything you mentioned plus the QR seal in AR the other day. Yeah, he really is one mean son of a bitch even though I was able to (barely) do him in without suffering a casualty (though he also had no one left to back him up).

I don’t even want to think about how awful a full Seliph defense team is.

7 hours ago, Alexmender said:

WoM is a big No-no (Nowi?) for me. The first thing that comes to mind is a WoM+Special Spiral Ophelia which would be absolutely disgusting to see in AR if coupled with a Seliph or something with insta Miracle. Then we get into teleporting Bold Fighter armors and...yeah, no. I'd prefer a ER seal as that one is based on your units health rather than the allies making it more balanced in my eyes.

I'd like Wom for my clears. What about a seal that lets you run a human unit among beasts, without keeping them from transforming? 

Edited by mampfoid

That chill Spd seal will be good for Abyssals so my weaker Nowi's can debuff from a distance.  I could have them run all four chills between the two if I inherit Def and Res versions to their B slots.  Guess I'll be using Roy until I get Fiora, Nah, and two others HM farming.