Tempest Trials+: Lessons Learned is here!

Fiora’s voice is not what I had imagined in my head, but after listening to her quotes you get used to it, and I kinda like it. It fits her “eldest sister” role and the contrast with her summer outfit is a bit funny. 

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Oh my god, Fiora's voice is AWFUL. What was localization thinking here?! It is WAY too deep for her. She sounds deeper than freaking Titania who is 30+ and almost as deep as freaking Effie who just sounds bad too. She NEVER struck me as someone that had a deep voice at all and she doesn't even look any older than like 24. Florina's voice is actually bad too imo, it's annoyingly high-pitched. I guess this family is just doomed to have bad voices. Poor Farina, when/if she gets in.

Anyone else as upset with Fiora's voice as I am? This isn't the first time I thought a character got a bad voice in this game or even FE in general, but it's the first time it was a character I actually care about, tbh. So I've never been this upset with a voice. Is the Japanese voice deep too? ...That's probably a dumb question though, since Japanese female voices seem to like...never be deep. Or at least, almost never.

Another nitpick though, one of her lines makes no sense. She says she usually dresses warm because Ilia is cold. How the heck is a tunic with short sleeves and a skirt considered warm...? 😕

I still love her art though, and her as a character, and I always loved her hair because it's my favorite color and in a pretty style. So I still intend to grail project her. But yeah.

I can't help it, but that voice is putting me off

19 minutes ago, Nimrod said:

Yeah, same here. I've had some voices in FE surprised me before, but not like this one.

8 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, same here. I've had some voices in FE surprised me before, but not like this one.

I am gonna use her for fodder anyway (after I get 6k feathers from her (one day))

6 hours ago, Nimrod said:

This is how I feel , except about Marth instead. I cannot stand Yuri's take on Marth, i'm probably one of the few here. But I think Fiora's fine.

Yeah, I'll agree that Fiora's English voice is far deeper than it probably should be they clearly should've just had Kayli Mills voice her in addition to Thea but I'll take an ill-fitting voice over an outright annoying one. Fiora's little sister is very much guilty of the latter and is probably in my top five least favorite performances in this game. In fact (possible unpopular opinion), I don't particularly like any of Julie Kliewer's / Julie Maddalena's work in general in this game.

I suppose I don't really mind Fiora's voice. The first time I heard it, it was shocking, but it's grown on me. I don't really remember anything about her from her game, so I'm not super invested in her character, but I appreciate hearing something slightly more unique. A lot of female voices start to sound the same to me after a while.  Her EN voice makes her sound tough and hardened. Her JP voice is breathier... It makes her seems very hesitant and timid. I don't really hate either. But they do send very different pictures of the character. I'm not sure what to think. XD 

That being said, running horse emblem for the TT is fun. Just been autoing, and I've already hit the 25k mark.

11 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Oh my god, Fiora's voice is AWFUL. What was localization thinking here?! It is WAY too deep for her. She sounds deeper than freaking Titania who is 30+ and almost as deep as freaking Effie who just sounds bad too. She NEVER struck me as someone that had a deep voice at all and she doesn't even look any older than like 24. Florina's voice is actually bad too imo, it's annoyingly high-pitched. I guess this family is just doomed to have bad voices. Poor Farina, when/if she gets in.

Anyone else as upset with Fiora's voice as I am? This isn't the first time I thought a character got a bad voice in this game or even FE in general, but it's the first time it was a character I actually care about, tbh. So I've never been this upset with a voice. Is the Japanese voice deep too? ...That's probably a dumb question though, since Japanese female voices seem to like...never be deep. Or at least, almost never.

I'm not very happy with Fiora's voice, either. I don't at all mind deep voices but this seems ill-fitting for Fiora. It sounds so off somehow. I like her Japanese voice WAY more. Still gonna build her up because character bias, though.

2 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

I'm not very happy with Fiora's voice, either. I don't at all mind deep voices but this seems ill-fitting for Fiora. It sounds so off somehow. I like her Japanese voice WAY more. Still gonna build her up because character bias, though.

Yeah, exactly. I'm glad I'm not the only one here.

Got Fiora. Her voice isn't what I expected based on her art but I got use to it pretty quickly. No comment on her English voice work since I haven't heard it yet.

Did manage to get Steady Stance and immediately upgraded it even though there isn't a unit that naturally wants it after looking through my box. 

As for units, I'm running Fiora, AotB!Veronica, my stalker AotB!Hector, and Amelia. Hector is basically carrying the team and the other units handle enemies that he can't get to on time or doesn't like fighting. 

Hey, back to the Trial!

I'm using Roy, Bridal Caeda, the better axe-wielding Azura, and Priscilla.  To say that this is difficult is an understatement, but that's because Roy and Caeda are in dire need of SP.  Once I get them fully built, it'll merely be painful (especially that last stage, WTF).

I'm VERY tempted to throw Spring Camilla into the mix.  She might not do damage, but she's the goddess of tanking half the colors.

Gwendolyn being a bonus unit gave me an excuse to run armors. I'm currently running Halloween Myrrh, Gwendolyn, Halloween Kagero, and Winter Eirika. Seems to be doing pretty well. Armors don't die, after all.

I don't think Fiora's English VA is bad, just that it might have been a miscast. It's like giving Hector someone with a high-pitched voice.

Not facing too much trouble with my team this go around, thankfully! I have my usual trusty duo, L!Ike and L!Lucina, alongside Eir and Cecilia. The latter don’t do much lol, but they get their jobs done when needed—specifically when Ike and Lucy have their hands filled already!

8 hours ago, redlight said:

I don't think Fiora's English VA is bad, just that it might have been a miscast. It's like giving Hector someone with a high-pitched voice.

Yeah, this, more or less.

I'm currently using Summer Lyn, Flier Nino, Summer Fiora, and New Years Azura as my main TT comp.

May switch to Gwen, Draug, Sheena, and Winter Eirika if I feel like autoing.

Actually I also find Fioras Voice would have been a really nice match for Effie. I don't like Effies english Voice too much, but more because it just does not appear to me how Effie would be. And this one would be nice on her. In Effies case I find the japanese voice actually a bit too high, as a powerhouse and a strong body growth I could imagine Effie having a deeper voice while looking young in face. 

About Fiora, I guess we always feel that Pegasus Knights just have to have this soft kind of aura in appearance and such. And yeah, its really worth a thought. We always want to match the "age" perfectly there, but in reallife we have quite a lot of cases where it does not go that way. I also meet persons I would not have expected the voice on them. 

In Tempest Trial I am using Ursula. Also thinking about putting Brady on 5* so I finally have a Healer in the 4* pool which I find worth merging. 

I just reached 20k, and got the Chill_Spd_3.png?itok=h6FoAu4v Chill Spd seal. I gave it to Soren.

Screenshot_20190713-175030.png 

Soren has Chill Atk on his weapon, Chill Res B-Skill and Chill Spd sacred seal. What a chilly boy. And Marth has Chill Def B-Skill, so my team has all Chill skills!

Fiora's voice rules, fuck the haters.

I pretty much run all TTs autoing at level 30, bonus + two inexperienced guys + healer, use it to get everyone in my barracks to float 1k SP (which, hey, everyone but the four most recent recruits is at). Might as well kill two birds with one grind, right? Some units are good at this. Some units are not great at this. Some units are... Henry, who was my most recent promote, and holy God alive. That boy, even at +Attack, needs help. And needs TA just to secure any kills at all... which means blues vapourise him. I've pretty much given up on using him outside the bonuses, and will probably throw him into the Tower 8 meatgrinder later on, or maybe an FB, to get him to limp over the line.

(I always intend to go through the bonuses at the top difficulty and use them to grind supports instead, but it never winds up happening that way.)

I feel a bit burned out by Tempest Trials. I want to aim for 100,000 points, but I just feel sick and tired of it.

On 7/16/2019 at 10:38 PM, Parrhesia said:

Some units are... Henry, who was my most recent promote, and holy God alive. That boy, even at +Attack, needs help. And needs TA just to secure any kills at all... which means blues vapourise him.

I am impressed. I levelled up my -Atk Azama and -Atk Wrys before Flaw removal was a thing, and it was super frustrating to train them because it takes so damn long for them to kill stuff. I was so tempted and almost gave them valuable Attack +3 on their A slot just to train a bit faster.

I was tempted to try for top 5k this morning/yesterday evening. In the end I didn't bother and arrived to 5,7xxth. 

1 hour ago, Nimrod said:

Gotcha

Congrats! 

First time top 1k? Did you use auto-battle?