1 minute ago, NegativeExponents- said:

My guess is that the Byleths are 27. Even though I've said before that they're around the same age as the students, I actually always envisioned Byleth to be significantly older and 27 is just the number I always think of when someone mentions Byleth's age so 27 it is.

Unless they say otherwise 

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, Dorothea Joestar Arnold said:

Unless they say otherwise 

Well yeah of course but no official age has been given yet and I believe the profile also doesn't state the age so I'll just headcanon Byleth as 27 for now.

Probably 20 at oldest, I remember Edelgard saying that he's pretty close to the students ages in a preview video. 

Edited by Reddaye

Pretty sure I read somewhere that Byleth is about 20 years old. It makes sense considering how he/she looks, plus it lessens the creep factor from romancing the students when they are very close in age.

On 7/20/2019 at 3:51 AM, NegativeExponents- said:

My guess is that the Byleths are 27. Even though I've said before that they're around the same age as the students, I actually always envisioned Byleth to be significantly older and 27 is just the number I always think of when someone mentions Byleth's age so 27 it is.

Doubt that, the game said they arent that much older than Edlegard and the other students. he is most likely like 19 or 20 years of age. them being 27 breaks the game establish canon. after the time skip year 24 or 25 seem about right. Now if your self is 27 I am sorry but Byleth wont be close to 27 until after the time skip. 

Edited by Mikethemaster2018

Gonna say 20 at minimum, so about Hubert's age, and max at 24. For me, I'll put them at 21 so, at least between the three lords, Byleth will always be older (depending if you have an early birthday of course.)

FE protagonists skew pretty young don't they? Lyn was originally 15 so I wouldn't put it past IS if Byleth was somehow 18.

He/she looks more like they should be in their early or mid 20s.

Spoiler

In before Byleth is actually the 1000 year old this time around.

Edited by sothis

• 5 weeks later...

Well, light spoilers ahead so beware:

Later in the game we get to read Jeralts diary, and it's received that Byleth's mother died when they were born. Her death date is (according to the diary) day 20 of horsebow moon, year 1159. The current year is 1180. Which means, quite shockingly, Byleth's is 31 years old! 

8 minutes ago, Arceuspower101 said:

Well, light spoilers ahead so beware:

Later in the game we get to read Jeralts diary, and it's received that Byleth's mother died when they were born. Her death date is (according to the diary) day 20 of horsebow moon, year 1159. The current year is 1180. Which means, quite shockingly, Byleth's is 31 years old! 

Um, you might want to check your math there. 1180-1159 is 21, not 31.

I actually don’t understand why his age was left as unknown, since in game dialogue and his mother’s tombstone make him obviously 21.

Unless they are arguing 

Spoiler

His age is unmeasurable since his Sothis reincarnated, but that doesn’t really happen until mid game.

8 minutes ago, Timlugia said:

I actually don’t understand why his age was left as unknown, since in game dialogue and his mother’s tombstone make him obviously 21.

Unless they are arguing 

Hide contents

His age is unmeasurable since his Sothis reincarnated, but that doesn’t really happen until mid game.

Spoiler

Remember how in the beginning Jerault told Rhea that Byleth was born after he'd left the monastary? Leaving him/her with the original birthdate and year would contradict that statement. So he made up a birthday that, unless the player deliberately puts in the same date, is different to help throw her off the scent. The fact Byleth doesn't know his/her age also helps keep things foggy for Rhea. Though I could also believe that Jerault does have trouble keeping track of years based on Alois's B support convo with Byleth.

45 minutes ago, SimplyUnknown said:
  Hide contents

Remember how in the beginning Jerault told Rhea that Byleth was born after he'd left the monastary? Leaving him/her with the original birthdate and year would contradict that statement. So he made up a birthday that, unless the player deliberately puts in the same date, is different to help throw her off the scent. The fact Byleth doesn't know his/her age also helps keep things foggy for Rhea. Though I could also believe that Jerault does have trouble keeping track of years based on Alois's B support convo with Byleth.

Spoiler

Ironically only it was completely futile, Rhea recognizes Byleth once he arrived.

1 hour ago, Timlugia said:
  Hide contents

Ironically only it was completely futile, Rhea recognizes Byleth once he arrived.

Spoiler

He couldn't have predicted magic dragon ladies sensing the crest stone within him, good effort though.

Byleth's age is unknown because neither he or his father know it.

Spoiler

Due to the fact the guy is so old he probably can't keep track of his 400 or whatever years.

Yes later on you can figure it out, but on those characters "reports" it stays unknown. Same with Manuela, you can guess it quite early but it stays "secret".

2 hours ago, timon said:

Byleth's age is unknown because neither he or his father know it.

Reveal hidden contents

Due to the fact the guy is so old he probably can't keep track of his 400 or whatever years.

Yes later on you can figure it out, but on those characters "reports" it stays unknown. Same with Manuela, you can guess it quite early but it stays "secret".

It always makes me wonder how close Jeralt was with Rhea, and how much he knows about her secret plan. He's at least her right hand man for 100 years if not far longer.

(He mentions there wasn't any major war for 300 years, implying he could be that old)

I wonder if Jeralt also has his secrets, like maybe he was involved in the plan way more than he would tell Byleth?

We never really get chance to read his whole diary as either Claude or Seteth took it from you before the war.

Conspiracy theory:

Spoiler

Jeralt was actually key person involved in the resurrection of goddess, he knew exactly the nature of clones and their purposes. There was no way someone his position completely not aware, since even Flayn only arrived a year ago and somewhat outside the circle heard rumors of it. And there were multiple clones throughout the years, it would be quite noticeable for Jeralt, who handles security.

He fled only because he wasn't allowed to develop relationship with them, due to he carries Rhea's blood and it's considered incest. He knew he would face grave consequence if found out so he faked death and ran, Byleth was not the main concern.

Edited by Timlugia

So it sounds like based on when his/her mother died, Byleth would be 21, though honestly I’m almost unsure if it matters:

Spoiler

I highly suspect Byleth is as ageless as his/her father, especially after literally merging with a progenitor goddess. Notice how Byleth doesn’t age a day during the five year time-skip. One could attribute that to them being in some sort of stasis, but I highly suspect Byleth is going to live a very long time. When you have the power of a god and can literally manipulate time, I feel like aging stops being a concern.

i think byleth before timeskip would be around 20-25, she probably looks young because well, (not a big spoiler you probably know)

Spoiler

she does have the heart of sothis in her, and sothis is a dragon, so she may just be one of the manakete, except she can't transform in-game so she would look younger than she is