3 hours ago, ZanaLyrander said:

So it sounds like based on when his/her mother died, Byleth would be 21, though honestly I’m almost unsure if it matters:

Hide contents

I highly suspect Byleth is as ageless as his/her father, especially after literally merging with a progenitor goddess. Notice how Byleth doesn’t age a day during the five year time-skip. One could attribute that to them being in some sort of stasis, but I highly suspect Byleth is going to live a very long time. When you have the power of a god and can literally manipulate time, I feel like aging stops being a concern.

He/she is pretty certainly immortal except in Edelgard ending since

Spoiler

S support with other dragons all suggest so. With Seteth he says his love will not waver regardless how many centuries they spent together; Flayn's text states they never age; Rhea says something along she will support Byleth to build everlasting peace and spent rest of her life with them. 

Edited by Timlugia

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

57 minutes ago, GreatTacticianMoon said:

i think byleth before timeskip would be around 20-25, she probably looks young because well, (not a big spoiler you probably know)

Hide contents

she does have the heart of sothis in her, and sothis is a dragon, so she may just be one of the manakete, except she can't transform in-game so she would look younger than she is

Well regardless their heart

Spoiler

Byelth is something like 3/4 dragon blood, since their mother is a clone of Sothis, and Jeralt has blood of Rhea replaced his own blood, so strong that he has major crest of Seiros. In any sense Byleth is more dragon than Corrin.

In fact I wouldn't be surprised if they let Byleth transform in DLC, like a quest would allow them to access such technique. 

2 hours ago, Timlugia said:

He/she is pretty certainly immortal except in Edelgard ending since

Hide contents

S support with other dragons all suggest so. With Seteth he says his love will not waver regardless how many centuries they spent together; Flayn's text states they never age; Rhea says something along she will support Byleth to build everlasting peace.

Not really immortal in some cases because

Spoiler

Some pair endings state they live long full lives with their partners(which aren't dragons) unless Byleth can grant immortality to their family because god powers. If it was true I SEVERELY doubt he would want to outlive their spouse and children so if true he would just magically make themselves age on after the war since he can or share his lifespan with his family many possibilities that's up to the player.

Edited by Mage Goddess Lysithea

It might be somewhat figuratively, like how FE1/11 similarly states "Tiki lived out her life with her friends".

Yet we know that Tiki outlived all her friends later except other dragons, and as a major arc for her in Awakening.

I have yet found any in game text suggests Byelth can choose their lifespan (other than Edelgard's ending where they renounced their divinity), well, other than some form of suicides I guess.

Edited by Timlugia

Either way its very messed up to think about any dark possible things I rather my character live to the fullest in the other route with their spouse with 0 travesty which is the intent since they're the player. 

Spoiler

Since Anankos can grant immortality as one of the options he mention since he's technically a god Byleth has no problem doing the same since Sothis is on another level. 

I admit, I kinda wish they did more with Byleth’s divinity post merging with Sothis. I mean, don’t get me wrong, rewinding time is a pretty damn impressive power, but I’m sure Sothis was capable of a lot more than that. They imply in cutscenes that Byleth can do more (like for example cutting through dimensions which they do immediately after fusing with Sothis), but it’s not really reflected in gameplay, they get a new class and a new hair color, but that’s about it. 

7 minutes ago, Justanotherguy said:

It's implied that Byleth is 21 before the time-skip.

Where? I think it's implied that he/she is 18 or 19. Claude says he/she is very close in age to the students and the most common age of the students is 17. Oh yeah, FE lords are commonly 17-18 or younger anyway. Sigurd and Micaiah are the only exceptions, the latter because of her bloodline.

Edited by Anacybele

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Where? I think it's implied that he/she is 18 or 19. Claude says he/she is very close in age to the students and the most common age of the students is 17. Oh yeah, FE lords are commonly 17-18 or younger anyway. Sigurd and Micaiah are the only exceptions, the latter because of her bloodline.

People have done the math based on his/her mothers gravestone, which lists the year she died. At the start of the game, Byleth’s mother died 21 years ago, so Byleth is at least 21. 

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

You catch out Jeralt's lie during a story mission chat fairly early on. Initially Byleth believes they were born after Jeralt left the monastery 20 years ago, which would make them 18-19 years old, but it turns out that's not the case, meaning you must be over 20 years old.

5 minutes ago, ZanaLyrander said:

People have done the math based on his/her mothers gravestone, which lists the year she died. At the start of the game, Byleth’s mother died 21 years ago, so Byleth is at least 21. 

4 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

You catch out Jeralt's lie during a story mission chat fairly early on. Initially Byleth believes they were born after Jeralt left the monastery 20 years ago, which would make them 18-19 years old, but it turns out that's not the case, meaning you must be over 20 years old.

Weird...

I actually wanted a lord that was 20 or older before this game became a thing. But now I'm a bit disappointed that this is the case. I had changed my mind on not S supporting anyone in the game and was going to go for Sylvain. Now I've changed my mind again because he and everyone else would be too young. Not too young that it would be "illegal" obviously, but too young for my comfort.

Edited by Anacybele

7 minutes ago, ZanaLyrander said:

^exactly this plus with the datamine already stating their age from part 1

5 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Weird...

I actually wanted a lord that was 20 or older before this game became a thing. But now I'm a bit disappointed that this is the case. I had changed my mind on not S supporting anyone in the game and was going to go for Sylvain. Now I've changed my mind again because he and everyone else would be too young. Not too young that it would be "illegal" obviously, but too young for my comfort.

Well if it helps, by the time you can S support anyone, the age difference feels a lot less significant because 

Spoiler

there is a five year time skip, so all your former students are adults.

6 minutes ago, Mage Goddess Lysithea said:

^exactly this plus with the datamine already stating their age from part 1

Spoiler

Well to be fair that datamine also lists Jeralt’s age as 45 and we know for certain that isn’t true, he’s over 100 years old, so I wouldn’t assume datamined ages are accurate.

Edited by ZanaLyrander

11 minutes ago, ZanaLyrander said:

Well if it helps, by the time you can S support anyone, the age difference feels a lot less significant because 

Hide contents

there is a five year time skip, so all your former students are adults.

Uh, I know. Anyone knows about the timeskip by now. Doesn't change my opinion.

11 minutes ago, ZanaLyrander said:
  Hide contents

Well to be fair that datamine also lists Jeralt’s age as 45 and we know for certain that isn’t true, he’s over 100 years old, so I wouldn’t assume datamined ages are accurate.

Spoiler

Numbers still adds up for Byleth both ways you check so they're 21in part 1. At least Jeralt is from appearance same for some others.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Uh, I know. Anyone knows about the timeskip by now. Doesn't change my opinion.

Oh, sorry, I assumed you didn’t know because you were acting like a 26 year old dating a 22-23 year old was weird (heck I think Mercedes is technically older than Byleth, she’s 27 after the time skip). But if you actually find that weird, that’s fine I suppose, albeit confusing. 

22 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Weird...

I didn't realize people who were 21-25 years old were too young to get married??

4 minutes ago, ZanaLyrander said:

Oh, sorry, I assumed you didn’t know because you were acting like a 26 year old dating a 22-23 year old was weird (heck I think Mercedes is technically older than Byleth, she’s 27 after the time skip). But if you actually find that weird, that’s fine I suppose, albeit confusing. 

I didn't say it was weird? Other people can do it if they please. Doesn't bother me if they do. I said it's something I'm not comfortable with. Why can't I be uncomfortable with it?

1 minute ago, Kiran_ said:

I didn't realize people who were 21-25 years old were too young to get married??

...I never said they were too young to get married? I said I don't feel comfortable having my avatar marry someone younger than her.

Edited by Anacybele

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

I didn't say it was weird? Other people can do it if they please. Doesn't bother me if they do. I said it's something I'm not comfortable with. Why can't I be uncomfortable with it?

...I never said they were too young to get married?

You have every right to feel however you please, I was just trying to understand why it made you uncomfortable when Byleth being 18-19 as you initially assumed, only two years younger, wouldn’t have made you uncomfortable. Again, you’re welcome to feel however you’d like of course, I was just curious about your reasoning. 

5 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

...I never said they were too young to get married? I said I don't feel comfortable having my avatar marry someone younger than her.

you gotta admit that it s a really strange stance since most real life couples in this divorce age we are living in have a 3 to 8 year gap between then, so you are a pretty unnusual individual to be bothered by it unless you are a teenager or something

Edited by Ledah*

30 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Weird...

Wait after the timeskip again 3 to 4 years not that big off a deal irl anyways. Now like 8 years is kind of big though.

Just now, ZanaLyrander said:

You have every right to feel however you please, I was just trying to understand why it made you uncomfortable when Byleth being 18-19 as you initially assumed, only two years younger, wouldn’t have made you uncomfortable. Again, you’re welcome to feel however you’d like of course, I was just curious about your reasoning. 

Then I can explain. I prefer dating guys who are older than me. Their personalities tend to be more to my liking and I also tend to find them more attractive in general. Byleth is older than all the students, so near all her options are younger than her. The only ones that aren't are characters like the teachers and Alois and Gilbert. And they're all surely much older than Byleth and I'm certainly not into getting with someone who's a decade or more older. Granted, this is a game and I don't really see Byleth as myself, but...well, I still kinda feel the need to project what I'm comfortable with onto her. Just how I am. xP

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Then I can explain. I prefer dating guys who are older than me. Their personalities tend to be more to my liking and I also tend to find them more attractive in general. Byleth is older than all the students, so near all her options are younger than her. The only ones that aren't are characters like the teachers and Alois and Gilbert. And they're all surely much older than Byleth and I'm certainly not into getting with someone who's a decade or more older. Granted, this is a game and I don't really see Byleth as myself, but...well, I still kinda feel the need to project what I'm comfortable with onto her. Just how I am. xP

Date dedue than dude seem like he 20+ or date the professor.

1 minute ago, Mikethemaster2018 said:

Date dedue than dude seem like he 20+ or date the professor.

Not interested. Never recruited him and I don't care to. And I already said the other teachers are way too old. I've chosen not to S support anyone.

Edited by Anacybele