Preview for New Famitsu Article

Azz

49 minutes ago, BastienSoul said:

He could be dismounted here. It would make sense for him to have a mount, since he has a Strength in Riding.

If they put that much effort into a standard counterattack for a dismounted cavalry unit, then I'm even more excited for this game. I really want Dimitri to have a canon mount instead of me having to resort to the Paladin line

If the case is that there is no infantry lancer I just hope there are actually good reasons to have someone dismounted, because right now it looks like having a character off a mount is just shooting yourself in the balls, as it has always been in Fire Emblem (and especially now with how easy it is to put everyone on a (flying)horse/dragon).

13 minutes ago, timon said:

It looks like having a character off a mount is just shooting yourself in the balls, as it has always been in Fire Emblem (and especially now with how easy it is to put everyone on a (flying)horse/dragon).

I could see it being useful if you’re on a map with anti-cavalry weapons or something, but yeah, it doesn’t seem like something you’d use a ton.

5 minutes ago, Shadeflare123 said:

I could see it being useful if you’re on a map with anti-cavalry weapons or something, but yeah, it doesn’t seem like something you’d use a ton.

Yeah, an exception I can see is if terrain penalties are severe enough. But we also know that cavalry can't cross drawbridges, so that could be another use.

Then again, with free reclassing, if your paladins also passed the wyvern rider test, you could reclass them to that for the chapter or something like that. Plenty of ways around the weaknesses it seems like

About the dismount feature..

Just thank the gods that you don't need to dismount for indoors chapters. (This was confirmed on that ''Chapter with Traps'' with the Reaper Knight on it)

I'm honestly surprised you dont need to dismount in indoor maps.  I hope there's a new game plus mode that randomizers the characters strength and weaknesses. Even if it's just all but lord characters.

2 hours ago, BergelomeuSantos said:

About the dismount feature..

Just thank the gods that you don't need to dismount for indoors chapters. (This was confirmed on that ''Chapter with Traps'' with the Reaper Knight on it)

I'd have liked a movement penalty at the very least, though. Still, it's anyone's guess how they're not going to make dismounting almost entirely superfluous here.

Wondering what other classes are left to show off? Of course they'll probably go over what was already shown, but a few I remember weren't shown, notably Falcon Knight, or whatever the equivalent would be in 3H. Unless if Wyvern rider is the replacement, which, wouldn't really make much sense to me, especially knowing how THAT will probably have a promotion as well.

16 minutes ago, Xenogale said:

Wondering what other classes are left to show off? Of course they'll probably go over what was already shown, but a few I remember weren't shown, notably Falcon Knight, or whatever the equivalent would be in 3H. Unless if Wyvern rider is the replacement, which, wouldn't really make much sense to me, especially knowing how THAT will probably have a promotion as well.

They'll go over the remaining classes Famitsu hasn't done yet, which would be Swordmaster, Assassin, Wyvern Rider, Warrior, Sniper, and Dark Bishop.

Falcon Knight isn't an Advanced class. If it's in the game, it'll be in the last tier.

17 minutes ago, Xenogale said:

We probably know all the Advanced Classes (except maybe a timeskip exclusive promotion for the Lords). Falcon Knight, Wyvern Lord, and others will probably be in 4th Tier.

20 hours ago, NegativeExponents- said:

Did people forget that all lances are now effective against cavalry?

Any map that happens to be filled with lance wielding enemies is probably a good map to dismount on.

Only if they have Knight Kneeler.

2 minutes ago, Jayvee94 said:

Only if they have Knight Kneeler.

Haven't been keeping up all too well but haven't lances been confirmed to be like bows? As in they don't need a skill to be effective they just all are. Haven't heard of this knight kneeler stuff

20 hours ago, NegativeExponents- said:

Haven't been keeping up all too well but haven't lances been confirmed to be like bows? As in they don't need a skill to be effective they just all are. Haven't heard of this knight kneeler stuff

Combat Art Lesson

Bereto-sensei: Okay class, today we are discussing Lance Combat Arts and I'll be teaching Knight Kneeler.  This technique, in addition to boosted power and accuracy, gives effective damage to Cavalry at the cost of your weapon durability.

Sylvain: Aren't all lances effective against Cavalry?

Bereto-sensei: Glad you asked that question, milord. Normally, they're not.

2 minutes ago, Jayvee94 said:

Combat Art Lesson

Bereto-sensei: Okay class, today we are discussing Lance Combat Arts and I'll be teaching Knight Kneeler.  This technique, in addition to boosted power and accuracy, gives effective damage to Cavalry at the cost of your weapon durability.

Sylvain: Aren't all lances effective against Cavalry?

Bereto-sensei: Glad you asked that question, milord. Normally, they're not.

Ah, I see. My mistake then.

Still, it's possible that it'll be a common skill to try and nerf horses.

Switch Lite announced, some very short FE footage within, don't know where to put it since it doesn't warrant a thread of its own. It gives us yet another 100% displayed crit rate. I think that's the fourth one.

1CTCJ78.jpg

~3:30 of this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQduJr0euNk

Edit:

4 minutes ago, Dorothea Joestar Arnold said:

I thought the full famitsu article came early just now lol. Anyway seeing that gave me a smile! ^_^

... I didn't think of that, my bad:x

Edited by Cysx

1 hour ago, Cysx said:

Switch Lite announced, some very short FE footage within, don't know where to put it since it doesn't warrant a thread of its own. It gives us yet another 100% displayed crit rate. I think that's the fourth one.

1CTCJ78.jpg

Now its called "Mystery Crest", but in BL gameplay with F.Byleth her crest was called "Crest of Flames"

Will it change names during story, or did someone goofed up?

Also M.Byleth's victory animation is so Dorky, he looks like such a dork to me lol.