Jump to content
Jayvee94

What would happen to weapons in this game?

Recommended Posts

Now that we know that we have combat arts like Knight Kneeler and Helm Splitter (effective combat arts), It will become less likely to have a Horseslayer or a Hammer.

However, in addition to Training, Iron, Steel and Silver, I believe we're still gonna have Brave and Killer weapons.

With the weight mechanic returning, do you think heavy weapons (Blade, Great-lance, Poleaxe) would return?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Jayvee94 said:

Now that we know that we have combat arts like Knight Kneeler and Helm Splitter (effective combat arts), It will become less likely to have a Horseslayer or a Hammer.

There was a shot of Petra with an Armorslayer Sword in one of the famitsu articles, IIRC. I wouldn't write them off just yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Provided the effective weapons have reasonable structure to them, not having to chew through your weapon uses is a valid reason to carry the effective weapons.

But if they have only 15-20 uses it just wouldn't be worth it, in my opinion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Heavy weapons have decent chance of returning and if I remember correctly there should still be weapons that are effective against unit types without using arts. Also I think that certain that will function like levin sword. Hubert has a hidden skill called Ice Javelin because of the name javelin I think it might be a ranged attack and even if it isn't it will have some kind of ice property. It could have a freeze like effect or could do magic damage.

104-Talent.jpg

https://serenesforest.net/2019/05/15/three-houses-second-famitsu-article-skills-crests-battalions-academy/ 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I went and found the image. It's only 20 uses. I think they're main use is allowing characters who may not learn those combat arts the ability to have that effective damage.

I'm also curious about if you could combine a combat art with a weapon, whether that additional effectiveness is wasted or doubles

petra's armor sword.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Having the Durable but Heavy steel weapons to use Combat Arts with will either discourage you to use similarly functioning weapons or at least provide you with considerable options.

Besides, if combat arts doesn't allow follow-ups (unless they are built in), the high might Steel Weapons will be your standard.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, firewitch912 said:

I went and found the image. It's only 20 uses. I think they're main use is allowing characters who may not learn those combat arts the ability to have that effective damage.

I'm also curious about if you could combine a combat art with a weapon, whether that additional effectiveness is wasted or doubles

petra's armor sword.jpg

If you have an effective weapon aren't you better off using that instead of arts? They would cost less durability and in this game you can repair your weapons so it's not like your in danger of losing it  forever.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, SilverArcher said:

If you have an effective weapon aren't you better off using that instead of arts? They would cost less durability and in this game you can repair your weapons so it's not like your in danger of losing it  forever.

You're right. Having a 20 use Armorslayer would last longer than a 50 use Steel Axe using Helm Splitter. 

  • 50/20 = 2.5

Combat Arts use eat more durability than that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There will be situations where you only have access to either the weapon or combat art and I think it's good that the weapons are included despite the arts. Also, could there be a possibility that the effects would stack when using both the weapon and art?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's also this to consider from this article on the main site https://serenesforest.net/2019/06/21/three-houses-famitsu-4th-article-follow-screenshots-details/:

Quote

By the way, effective damage equates to double damage. But there’s apparently “super-effective” damage that inflicts triple. I’m not sure what that looks like though.

It's possible that CA effective damage does double and armorslayer-types do triple, vice-versa, or like @Siskan said, the two double effects combine for a triple damage effect. That would actually make the most sense to me.

Edited by Radnar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Siskan said:

There will be situations where you only have access to either the weapon or combat art and I think it's good that the weapons are included despite the arts. Also, could there be a possibility that the effects would stack when using both the weapon and art?

One could imagine killing Great Knights with Helm Splitter using a Halberd. XD

What rank should a Brave Weapon be so it won't break the game? Should it be lower or higher than a Silver Weapon?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jayvee94 said:

One could imagine killing Great Knights with Helm Splitter using a Halberd. XD

What rank should a Brave Weapon be so it won't break the game? Should it be lower or higher than a Silver Weapon?

Probably A, since braves have been A rank since Awakening.

Edited by Shadow Mir

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Jayvee94 said:

One could imagine killing Great Knights with Helm Splitter using a Halberd. XD

Yes, I imagined something like that as well! Or a Fortress (with their low movement) desperately fleeing from someone with the resources to use an armor breaking weapon and Helm Splitter combined.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a hard time seeing brave weapons return, since that's litteraly the main purpose of gauntlets.

Unless brave gauntlet are a thing, but 8X hits sounds WAY overkill.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Modirufa6317 said:

I have a hard time seeing brave weapons return, since that's litteraly the main purpose of gauntlets.

Unless brave gauntlet are a thing, but 8X hits sounds WAY overkill.

Gauntlets could have a different A Rank weapon, like the Hoshidan weapons in Fates.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Modirufa6317 said:

I have a hard time seeing brave weapons return, since that's litteraly the main purpose of gauntlets.

Unless brave gauntlet are a thing, but 8X hits sounds WAY overkill.

The thing is, gauntlets are only usable by non-mounted classes, iirc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...