Pre-loading Question

Hello! I’ve been a long time FE fan and long time lurker on this board lol. So greetings, everyone! 🙂

I have a question regarding FE: There Houses and pre-loading the game onto the Switch. I am considering digitally pre-loading so I have access to the game sooner than waiting for my online Amazon pre-order to be delivered. 

Does the game officially become digitally-released and accessible to play right on Friday, July 26th at (or shortly after) 12am EST? 

And if that’s the case, then does that mean those who live in the west coast will have digital access to play it on Thursday, July 25th at (or shortly after) 9pm PST?

I’d appreciate any/all advice that can be given regarding this. Thank you! 

Yes, being a first party Nintendo release, it should be available at midnight ET.

Uncertain if that means 9AM PT, or if they have to wait until midnight as well. Probably the former, a universal unlock time per country. 

Wait, I’m still unclear. 

So the game becomes digitally available Friday, July 26th at 12am EST (right when the calendar date switched). And the release is simultaneous for the USA. 

Since they’re 3 hours ahead of PST, does that mean PST people get the game Thursday, July 25th at 9pm PST (three hours before 12am marks July 26th)?

From what I'm gathering(someone from the UK); is that the game doesn't go live at least for me until 5am on the 26th GMT; which is 12am EST; so in those two territories at least that is when it launches; I don't know about Pacific time though...

4 hours ago, Perc4LYF said:

Wait, I’m still unclear. 

So the game becomes digitally available Friday, July 26th at 12am EST (right when the calendar date switched). And the release is simultaneous for the USA. 

Since they’re 3 hours ahead of PST, does that mean PST people get the game Thursday, July 25th at 9pm PST (three hours before 12am marks July 26th)?

It's been a while, but I seem to recall not being able to play Smash Ultimate at 9pm when it launched. But then I just changed my Switch's timezone setting to EST and tried again, and it worked fine. So if it doesn't work initially that should still be an option.