First Scans for July 25th Famitsu

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

https://twitter.com/bk2128/status/1148979209995345921

https://twitter.com/bk2128/status/1148979213669523456

BlackKite or @bk2128 on twitter is doing some translating. What I've linked shows the class skills.

Swordmaster (and Assassin at that) get Swordfaire, but Swordmaster also gets Sword Crit +10. Warrior gets the same loadout but for axes. Wyvern Rider gets Axefair and Canto.

Assassin gets lockpick, swordfaire and Shade. Sniper gets bowfaire and bowrange +1 (given that the +1 from Archer doesn't carry over, presumably, this is kind of lame. Hopefully it does carry over in some capacity)

Dark Bishop gets death blow but for Magic, Hex, and...Dora Theta? I forget what spell that is.

Edited by ArsSanctum

Just to make it a little cleaner, here are the skills:

Swordmaster
-Sword Expert: ATK+5 when equipping Sword
-Sword Critical +10 when equipping Sword

Assassin
-Sword Expert
-Lockpick
-Stealth Steps: Harder to be targeted by enemies

Warrior
-Axe Expert: ATK+5 when equipping Axe
-Axe Critical +10 when equipping Axe

Sniper
-Bow Expert: ATK+5 when equipping Bow
-Bow Range+1

Dark Bishop
-Dora Δ (if already has this spell, then can cast 2x)
-Magic God Blow (MAG+6 when initiating attack)
-Curse (adjacent enemies' evasion -20)

Wyvern Rider
-Move again after attack
-Axe Expert

Im starting to wonder.... Are we gonna shoot our feet if we dont use mounted units (again)? Only i can see is Warrior being able to use gauntlet, which, to be honest, look very good, but little movement.

Units like Petra, Edelgard, Caspar and all the others with good Lance/Axe, should they just be mounted?

Also, i think Warlocks are a little better than Dark Bishop? I would prefer to always have +5 than +6 but only on Player Phase, also double the use of magic, but that -20 evasion looks good.

Kinda sad assassin loses steal from thief also it seems like dark bishop has the same class skills as dark mage (plus magic god blow) instead of getting upgraded skills like warlock and bishop. Marianne looks cool as a wyvern rider also.

5 minutes ago, Nio said:

Im starting to wonder.... Are we gonna shoot our feet if we dont use mounted units (again)? Only i can see is Warrior being able to use gauntlet, which, to be honest, look very good, but little movement.

Units like Petra, Edelgard, Caspar and all the others with good Lance/Axe, should they just be mounted?

Also, i think Warlocks are a little better than Dark Bishop? I would prefer to always have +5 than +6 but only on Player Phase, also double the use of magic, but that -20 evasion looks good.

Yeah, it just seems like Mounted is way better, especially for axes. The Wyvern Rider trades lower health for Higher Movement and higher defense. Not sure why you'd choose a Warrior.

Grapplers and Assassins apparently have 6 movement, which is the same as Pegasus Knights and only one less than Cavaliers and Wyvern Riders' 7. (Paladins are - so far - the only unit with 8 movement.) And the movement boosting Gambit should be handy for helping everyone keep up.

You also need to devote skill training to the Movement types to unlock those classes, meaning you're not raising a potentially useful Weapon skill.

Edited by LSM

15 minutes ago, IzzyFresh said:

Yeah, it just seems like Mounted is way better, especially for axes. The Wyvern Rider trades lower health for Higher Movement and higher defense. Not sure why you'd choose a Warrior.

Just for the ability to use guantlets. Besides from that, nothing really.

14 minutes ago, LSM said:

Grapplers and Assassins apparently have 6 movement, which is the same as Pegasus Knights and only one less that Cavaliers and Wyvern Riders's 7. (Paladins are - so far - the only unit with 8 movement.) And the movement boosting Gambit should be handy for helping everyone keep up.

You also need to devote skill training to the Movement types to unlock those classes, meaning you're not raising a potentially useful Weapon skill.

Thats what, for me, would decide if its worth to make more units mounted. Cavaliers and Pegasus only need D level, Wyvern only C. How hard would it be to get to that level? Would we even need to be at that specific level? What if i have the other weapon requirement and C+ or C in Riding, would i get a 60-70% pass rate for a Cavalier? That is definitely worth a shot and we dont even need to train that much in that skill.

Edited by Nio

18 minutes ago, LSM said:

Grapplers and Assassins apparently have 6 movement, which is the same as Pegasus Knights and only one less that Cavaliers and Wyvern Riders's 7. (Paladins are - so far - the only unit with 8 movement.) And the movement boosting Gambit should be handy for helping everyone keep up.

In the overview trailer it looks like Pegasus knights could mov 7. This could be due to the terrain if I am not mistaken.  

I imagine some maps will want Infantry Axes because Water/mountain/forest terrain is unfriendly to mounted.

And that C in Flying is a lot more work than a D in mounted, so you can't just rise above the grounds.

I think the time investment towards Riding will be fairly generous actually. Assuming that you gain Riding experience for using a class in combat, it should be a fairly natural progression, once you get past the first hurdle of getting a unit onto a mount. They might fall slightly behind dedicated foot combatants, but I don't see it being a huge issue.

Class abilities look interesting. It looks like the range on Archers might get absolutely huge if they follow that path (assuming there is a longbow equivalent) to the end. Swordmasters getting Swordfaire is good, but I'm not sold on Sword Critical vs Vantage, particularly if Byleth has a life drain abiity.

Edited by Onestep

9 minutes ago, Rakath said:

I imagine some maps will want Infantry Axes because Water/mountain/forest terrain is unfriendly to mounted.

And that C in Flying is a lot more work than a D in mounted, so you can't just rise above the grounds.

The question would be, do we need C? Can we take and pass the test with D/D+ if we have the required Axe level? If thats the case, then it would be way easier.

14 minutes ago, Nio said:

The question would be, do we need C? Can we take and pass the test with D/D+ if we have the required Axe level? If thats the case, then it would be way easier.

If I was reading the requirements right, the mounted tests are an 'and' requirement. Which means you can attempt the test without both but your chances won't be at 100.

And how much not at 100 you'd be with needing a C in flying is probably significant.

15 minutes ago, Rakath said:

If I was reading the requirements right, the mounted tests are an 'and' requirement. Which means you can attempt the test without both but your chances won't be at 100.

And how much not at 100 you'd be with needing a C in flying is probably significant.

Yes, it wont be at 100. We have seen other cases before, with pass rates of 68, 28, etc.

We can take the test with at least a pass rate of 30%. I think anything above that is worth, we could just probably save and reload, or stuff like that, so the question would be, how much we need to get at least 30% and have a chance to pass it. 1/3 is worth in my opinion.

So snipers don't get range +2, they stay at +1. That's probably for the best, with arts that also raise range by 3 in the game. Yes, I know, accuracy, but still.

Assassins getting a skill that lowers aggro seems bad at first, since those don't exactly have a history of being super useful or practical, but in a context where we can see who the enemy will attack in any given situation, that actually sounds really useful. Probably.

Edited by Cysx

15 minutes ago, Cysx said:

So snipers don't get range +2, they stay at +1. That's probably for the best, with arts that also raise range by 3 in the game. Yes, I know, accuracy, but still.

Assassins getting a skill that lowers aggro seems bad at first, since those don't exactly have a history of being super useful or practical, but in a context where we can see who the enemy will attack in any given situation, that actually sounds really useful. Probably.

I thought that you could turn the aggro lines off at least on harder difficulty. 

2 minutes ago, SilverArcher said:

I thought that you could turn the aggro lines off at least on harder difficulty. 

Whether you do or not, putting your cursor on an enemy shows who they're going to target, unless that can be disabled too idr