Why did Lewyn not talk to his mother after liberating Silesse?

Icelerate

11 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

Lewyn doesn't talk to his mother and he doesn't get the Forsetti tome either. Isn't this supposed to happen? 

Did you bring him to Silesse's gate?

You need to specifically bring him after freeing it to Silesse.

6 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Did you bring him to Silesse's gate?

You need to specifically bring him after freeing it to Silesse.

No because when Sigurd liberated Silesse, it was said the Queen would join Sigurd at Zaxon after he liberates it. So I thought when the Queen comes to talk to Sigurd, Lewyn would also be there to talk to her. Apparently this conversation is great development for Lewyn and I missed it even though in SS, Joshua has a similar one with his mother and it doesn't require him to do anything except be alive. 

But apparently the Forseti tome is kind of worthless as the enemies end up running away from him so I guess it's not a huge loss but the story suffers when important conversations are skipped. 

I would have had Lewyn go to Silesse but he was too busy dealing with the pegasi reinforcements going north to take the castle. 

2 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

No because when Sigurd liberated Silesse, it was said the Queen would join Sigurd at Zaxon after he liberates it. So I thought when the Queen comes to talk to Sigurd, Lewyn would also be there to talk to her. Apparently this conversation is great development for Lewyn and I missed it even though in SS, Joshua has a similar one with his mother and it doesn't require him to do anything except be alive. 

But apparently the Forseti tome is kind of worthless as the enemies end up running away from him so I guess it's not a huge loss but the story suffers when important conversations are skipped. 

I would have had Lewyn go to Silesse but he was too busy dealing with the pegasi reinforcements going north to take the castle. 

Yeah, the thing is I think you can't get it in Gen 2 if you don't get it here and the enemies who run off usually do so because they literally can't hit him.

It's busted and hella useful throughout the rest of the game (how much so depends on your pairings: if you didn't pair him don't worry about it because you couldn't get it anyway. 😛 )

21 hours ago, BrightBow said:

Lewyn has a conversation with Sigurd, where Sigurd explicitly tells him to visit his mom in Silesia. You can check if a character can talk to someone else on the unit's status screen.

to add a bit more details to that, you should always check if there's conversations available:

- everytime a chapter starts;

- everytime a new ally unit shows up/joins your army;

- everytime you conquer a castle.

Edited by Fenreir

On 7/10/2019 at 4:18 PM, BrightBow said:

Lewyn has a conversation with Sigurd, where Sigurd explicitly tells him to visit his mom in Silesia. You can check if a character can talk to someone else on the unit's status screen.

11 hours ago, Fenreir said:

to add a bit more details to that, you should always check if there's conversations available:

- everytime a chapter starts;

- everytime a new ally unit shows up/joins your army;

- everytime you conquer a castle.

I know but I forgot to check it this one time but I usually do make sure this doesn't happen. I'd prefer they can talk within the castles like in PoR and RD but oh well. Not to mention Lewyn was busy defending the castle in the north-east to fight the Silesian pegasi traitors while Sigurd was all the way at the other side of the map attacking castle Zaxon.