why does noone talk about it? yeah she loses excalibur, but arguably seraphim is better on celicas route and with her growths the villager loop makes he broken as shit if you level her up to 10 at least.

now i'll be the first to admit i love class changing, i like finding different classes that work with units that i like. its a feature i've loved since they put it in the game, so i may be a little biased.

but anyway  has anyone else tried sonya as a cleric?

also side note, jank as it is cleric/priestess mathilde is HILARIOUS.

The reason people don't talk about is:

1). She doesn't learn Seraphim until she reaches a level 1 Saint. That means having to get through 11 levels having to depend on a 60% accurate spell to hit for her to promote in a timely fashion.         

2). There's better reclass options. Falco Knight would not only increase her Movement and Durability, but Banish would also allow her one round most terrors outside of Duma Tower.

3). There's better Pitchfork Candidates.  Mae reclassed as a Pegasus would just as good, if not better, than Sonya as one and joins much early. You could also do something else like Archer Valbar for an sniper with extra durablity.

4). Just the general opportunity cost of recruiting her over Deen. 

Edited by LoneRecon400

I don't agree with the dean part, as I still believe she's preferred over him. Story importance and support spells trump another dread fighter imo. 

I guess I can understand the rest, I didn't have any issues getting her to saint tho. 60% is still better than the 50% single rng of gaiden

9 hours ago, LoneRecon400 said:

The reason people don't talk about is:

1). She doesn't learn Seraphim until she reaches a level 1 Saint. That means having to get through 11 levels having to depend on a 60% accurate spell to hit for her to promote in a timely fashion.         

2). There's better reclass options. Falco Knight would not only increase her Movement and Durability, but Banish would also allow her one round most terrors outside of Duma Tower.

3). There's better Pitchfork Candidates.  Mae reclassed as a Pegasus would just as good, if not better, than Sonya as one and joins much early. You could also do something else like Archer Valbar for an sniper with extra durablity.

4). Just the general opportunity cost of recruiting her over Deen. 

i wasn't asking about other options for the fork. i was talking about Sonya's merits as a cleric vs as a mage. theres no "better" options for the fork, anyone who gets the fork will turn out amazing.

I mean if you're gonna talk Sonya as a Cleric, you're gonna have to talk about pitchforks and who gets them and overall Sonya doesn't need nor deserve one.

All she gets as a Cleric/Saint is pretty much just Seraphim however you have to go through 3 levels as a Villager then 12 as a Cleric and unless you're grinding, it will take a while with how past level 10, exp is gained slowly. It's really not worth it when Sonya already has Fire, Thunder and Exaclibur as a Mage right out of the gate and once she promotes to Priestess she gets Recover so it's essentially just a lot of work for one spell that three other characters (four if you count Saber but Mage!Saber isn't worth it tbh) get the spell naturally and a lot quicker than reclassing Sonya.

Also again, pitchforks are best used on other characters (namely the three knights since armours are so bad in this game).

17 hours ago, Azz said:

I mean if you're gonna talk Sonya as a Cleric, you're gonna have to talk about pitchforks and who gets them and overall Sonya doesn't need nor deserve one.

All she gets as a Cleric/Saint is pretty much just Seraphim however you have to go through 3 levels as a Villager then 12 as a Cleric and unless you're grinding, it will take a while with how past level 10, exp is gained slowly. It's really not worth it when Sonya already has Fire, Thunder and Exaclibur as a Mage right out of the gate and once she promotes to Priestess she gets Recover so it's essentially just a lot of work for one spell that three other characters (four if you count Saber but Mage!Saber isn't worth it tbh) get the spell naturally and a lot quicker than reclassing Sonya.

Also again, pitchforks are best used on other characters (namely the three knights since armours are so bad in this game).

Well no you don't have to talk about who should get a pitchfork. i did not ask if its viable to make her a cleric, nor whether it was more viable than giving it to someone eles. i posted that i did make her a cleric, enjoyed using her as a cleric, and asked if anyone else had done so. i did open with "why doesn't anyone talk about it", but i was using that more as an opener, if you will

Edited by Silverdawn77