New event calendar (July-August 2019)

DarkAlf

15 minutes ago, DraceEmpressa said:

What if the early  august banner is the brave heros banner instead? 

Doubt it. Those have both been in Late August, and I doubt they would drop CYL right in the middle of Three Houses hype. CYL will likely be right after our next 2 banners.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Past Spring banners were not on the calendar, but we got them this year anyway 🙂 so don’t fear, everybody! 

The past schedule for this this year has been New Heroes in the beginning of a month followed by a seasonal, and since we had two seasonals in a row for Summer, it makes sense to me that they would want to return to the form that they have so far established. Back to new heroes at the beginning of the month, with I’m sure dancers at the end of August!

I am curious, though, if this means that CYL3 will be that first August banner?

12 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Oh, we get both Rocker Sieges and Grand Conquests this month, that's a nice change.  Hope it stays that way going forward.

Depends on what they do with Grand Conquests. It seems like they held off doing any more to wait for Three Houses to come so they could use Fodlan as a map.

They have yet to repeat maps for GC, so it remains to be seen what the fate of the mode will be once they're done with Fodlan.

9 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:

Doubt it. Those have both been in Late August, and I doubt they would drop CYL right in the middle of Three Houses hype. CYL will likely be right after our next 2 banners.

They did it before, back in Spring 2017 they broke up the two SoV banners with Ike and the rest of the Greil Mercenaries. I remember because everyone speculated that Celica's banner would come immediately after Alm's and then we got blindsided by PoR.

1 minute ago, Bloom said:

DIMITRI ON THE 22ND! 😄

Hopefully.  They might break it up by house and save him for whenever the Blue Lions banner is, like how Alm and Celica's banners were a month apart.

Well since the new banners will be 3Hs I will save my orbs since I want to play the game and decide my favorites first, but boy am I happy to see new characters being added to the general pool again.  All in all I am pretty happy with the way this month looks and two TTs will be nice for me since I use TT to HM grind.  

58 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

We have Rokkr Seiges, GC, TT, VG, two New Heroes Banners Log-Ins, two FBs, a BHB, a new Tap Battle, and a MHB. That's far from sparse, IMO~

I was one, specifically referring to log-in bonuses and quests (the part you cut out of the quote). And also Forging Bonds don't give orbs. I also don't consider Tap Battle or GC a huge source of orbs.

Otherwise yes, we have the events, that we usually get, which definitely has a fair amount and I'm excited for.

1 hour ago, DraceEmpressa said:

but weekly year 1 banner isn't put into the schedule tho

FB doesn't give orbs anymore, gives free summoning tickets instead

4 minutes ago, Kiran_ said:

I was one, specifically referring to log-in bonuses and quests (the part you cut out of the quote). And also Forging Bonds don't give orbs. I also don't consider Tap Battle or GC a huge source of orbs.

Otherwise yes, we have the events, that we usually get, which definitely has a fair amount and I'm excited for.

Does it not give 2 Orbs every day for the first seven days?

1 hour ago, Medeus said:

They did it before, back in Spring 2017 they broke up the two SoV banners with Ike and the rest of the Greil Mercenaries. I remember because everyone speculated that Celica's banner would come immediately after Alm's and then we got blindsided by PoR.

I think the only reason they did that was to take advantage of the two different release dates, the Japanese and English releases respectively.

That's not the case here with it releasing worldwide. Plus, this ain't a remake of an old NES game. This is their shiny new toy we're talking about here.

Edited by Sentinel07

1 hour ago, Landmaster said:

Does it not give 2 Orbs every day for the first seven days?

I meant the extra orbs in the actual event cause they replaced them with grails and stuff. Haha. But yes it does give those orbs.

40 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:

I think the only reason they did that was to take advantage of the two different release dates, the Japanese and English releases respectively.

That's not the case here with it releasing worldwide. Plus, this ain't a remake of an old NES game. This is their shiny new toy we're talking about here.

SoV got four banners (two that were paired) across three months, a GHB, and two Tempest Trials and units, remake or not they gave it a large amount of attention. The same could happen here, they could be very frontloaded and have the two back to back new heroes banner and content related to it, but they can also spread out the promotion across the next three months and keep attention on it that way. There's no one way to promote a game with Heroes, it all depends on what IS' approach will be for it. 

Edited by Medeus

48 minutes ago, Kiran_ said:

I meant the extra orbs in the actual event cause they replaced them with grails and stuff. Haha. But yes it does give those orbs.

Oh I didn't mean Orbs in the Event, I was just going for any Orbs we're getting over the course of the month. They may not be a lot, like for GC, but they will be adding up, especially if you're saving~

Aww, I was looking forward to another seasonal banner. Oh well. Guess I'll just save my orbs for mythic/legendary hero banners as well as I can until the next one.

6 hours ago, Anacybele said:

A BHB for the Morgans though? That doesn't even begin to make sense seeing as, you know, they don't actually exist together. 😕

Actually in future past they did exist in the same world together even if they weren't in the same stage. 

And in Askr multiple versions of different heroes can get summoned. It would be quite likely for the two Morgans to meet each other in the castle and instantly become the best of palls. I personally love the idea of them being on screen together. There's enough difference between the dorky male and bratty female to get some good dynamic together. And its not the first time the two Morgans met up actually

The delayed GHB and the early August banner having a Forging Bonds might make more sense if the CYL banner is being moved earlier, but there's no way to be sure.

Lack of news on the summer reruns is a bit annoying, but we'll probably get Sketchy Summer tomorrow and Nohrian the next day.

5 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Actually in future past they did exist in the same world together even if they weren't in the same stage. 

11 hours ago, Sentinel07 said:

Yes, but Future Past is one continuing storyline. So while the Morgans are not faced at the same time, they do exist together in that particular story.

11 hours ago, Kiran_ said:

Yeah they're different bosses on different maps, but it's the same story/timeline. Grima just sends them to different spots to kill different sets of children. It's been awhile since I played the DLC, but I always got the impression that he either gathered Morgan's from different timelines and used them both as his minions at the same time or they were supposed to be twins. I sorta assumed the latter. 

Also, just noticed, the calendar seems to be pretty sparse on orbs. I was hoping for a celebratory log-in bonus, or even some special quests, but it seems pretty light on that. =( 

Oh, I see. Thanks for clarifying. Though I still think it's a bit odd to see both Morgans rather than, say, one Morgan and their respective Robin parent or something.

If IntSys goes with a Future past situation, and use the Morgans from that DLC, we will see Male Grima on the BHB banner?

4 hours ago, Othin said:

The delayed GHB and the early August banner having a Forging Bonds might make more sense if the CYL banner is being moved earlier, but there's no way to be sure.

I can see the 2nd New Heroes banner also being Three Houses, and we getting only 1 GHB to represent both banners.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

59 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

If IntSys goes with a Future past situation, and use the Morgans from that DLC, we will see Male Grima on the BHB banner?

I can see the 2nd New Heroes banner also being Three Houses, and we getting only 1 GHB to represent both banners.

I don't know why they'd do that. New Heroes banners far this year have consistently had a four-character banner plus a GHB. CYL has reason to be an exception, but I don't see a reason why Three Houses would, unless they do some sort of shenanigans like the double FE2 banners.