Three Houses Banner Speculation

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I speculate that none of the house lords will appear alongside Byleth. He will take up the lord/banner seller slot on this banner, and will appear alongside 1 character from each house. I believe that Edelgard, Dmitri, and Claude will each headline future banners for their respective houses.

My predictions for this banner:

Byleth (Red Sword)

(Black Eagles) Bernadetta (Colorless Bow) - very popular, not too tightly tied to Edelgard 

(Blue Lions) Sylvain (Blue Lance)

(Golden Deer) Leonie (Green Axe) - not too closely tied with Claude, closely tied with Jeralt and thus Byleth.

GHB - Most likely a lesser villain. Probably Death Knight.

Edited by Etheus

Maybe I'm boring but I do expect the expected in this case, Edelgard (green), Dimitri (blue), and Claude (grey) alongside Byleth, and Death Knight (blue) GHB.

If the 3 lords aren't added then I'd like to see Caspar (axe), Ingrid (lance peg), and Marianne (healer) or Lysithea (fire mage).

5 minutes ago, Book Bro said:

Maybe I'm boring but I do expect the expected in this case, Edelgard (green), Dimitri (blue), and Claude (grey) alongside Byleth, and Death Knight (blue) GHB.

If the 3 lords aren't added then I'd like to see Caspar (axe), Ingrid (lance peg), and Marianne (healer) or Lysithea (fire mage).

I mean that certainly remains a possibility. We could see Byleth alongside the three house lords in their pre timeskip forms, then their post timeskip forms could be used to sell house banners (though I strongly suspect that post skip forms will be Legendary).

Edited by Etheus

Banner units:

edelgard, axe infantry

dimitri, lance infantry/horse

claude, red bow infantry

female byleth, sword infantry

GHB: idk, maybe death knight or rea

i'd prefer rea because big breasted oneesan

Mythic hero:

definitely Sothis

i don't see them making one unit per color for the banner, and i don't see them making claude a colorless bow: the "red bow unit when" hype is stupid because colored bows suck simply too much for them to ignore for too long, and i can't imagine a better opportunity to finally make this damn red bow unit except claude

combine the "red bow unit when" hype to the 3H hype, and i can already hear people saying "omg claude's the first red bow unit finally, and he's from a brand new game, maybe i'll buy it since he's in there and he looks so cool" and stuff like that

6 minutes ago, Yexin said:

Banner units:

edelgard, axe infantry

dimitri, lance infantry/horse

claude, red bow infantry

female byleth, sword infantry

GHB: idk, maybe death knight or rea

i'd prefer rea because big breasted oneesan

Mythic hero:

definitely Sothis

i don't see them making one unit per color for the banner, and i don't see them making claude a colorless bow: the "red bow unit when" hype is stupid because colored bows suck simply too much for them to ignore for too long, and i can't imagine a better opportunity to finally make this damn red bow unit except claude

combine the "red bow unit when" hype to the 3H hype, and i can already hear people saying "omg claude's the first red bow unit finally, and he's from a brand new game, maybe i'll buy it since he's in there and he looks so cool" and stuff like that

They had an immediate missed opportunity with colored bows (though colored bows never should have been a thing to begin with).

Legendary Lyn should have been Red with built in Close Counter plus another effect on her bow and an earth blessing. This would have a special animation in which she counters melee attacks with Sol Katti and Mani Katti.

Takumi should have been our green bow with a wind blessing. He literally shoots wind, ffs.

I expect... Male Byleth (Infantry Sword), Edelgard (Infantry Axe), Dimitri (Infantry Lance) and Claude (Infantry Colorless Bow), with maybe Female Byleth was GHB.

It's a boring prediction, I know.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

20 minutes ago, Etheus said:

They had an immediate missed opportunity with colored bows (though colored bows never should have been a thing to begin with).

Legendary Lyn should have been Red with built in Close Counter plus another effect on her bow and an earth blessing. This would have a special animation in which she counters melee attacks with Sol Katti and Mani Katti.

Takumi should have been our green bow with a wind blessing. He literally shoots wind, ffs.

Mulagir is the "Bow of Gales", which pretty much forces green for a colored bow unit, and Lyn's in-game affinity is Wind, matching both her bow and her Legendary element.

And considering they haven't yet made a character that has a different melee counter animation than their ranged counter animation, I don't think they wanted to bother with programming such a thing in, especially if it would have required the unit to have different weapon sprites for those animations (because there is currently no framework to sub in a different weapon sprite, noting that the three different Falchion sprites were made as three different skills with identical effects to leverage the fact that each weapon skill could be given a separate sprite).

I don't think they'll split up the house leaders. Since you have to pick between them it makes sense to promote them equally, and it would be strange for the first TH focus to have Byleth and a bunch of random characters. Alm and Celica were split up, but you don't pick between them and they were added to coincide with SoV's Japanese and international release dates. Their post timeskip versions will probably be Legendary Heroes.

Every other character with differing genders had both of their versions added at the same time (Robin, Corrin, Morgan, Kana, etc.), so it's reasonable that the same will be done with Byleth (most likely with the female version as a GHB).

28 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

I expect... Male Byleth (Infantry Sword), Edelgard (Infantry Axe), Dimitri (Infantry Lance) and Claude (Infantry Colorless Bow), with maybe Female Byleth was GHB.

It's a boring prediction, I know.

This is what I think will happen as well.  It makes the most sense and it promotes all the houses.  

So here's an interesting question.

What implications might the new Gauntlet weapon type have on Heroes? Could we, for example, see Caspar come in with Gauntlets? If so, how might these be implemented (ie: as the first non-Laguz, non-breath colorless melee)?

Edited by Etheus

58 minutes ago, Etheus said:

So here's an interesting question.

What implications might the new Gauntlet weapon type have on Heroes? Could we, for example, see Caspar come in with Gauntlets? If so, how might these be implemented (ie: as the first non-Laguz, non-breath colorless melee)?

Colorless melee sounds like the most reasonable way to implement them. The coincidence is almost uncanny. Every weapon type currently in the game is either available in all colors (bow, dagger, breath, beast) or has an analogue for each the other colors (red tome, blue tome, green tome, staff) except for the "standard" melee series (sword, lance, axe), which is missing a corresponding colorless weapon type.

Yep, the banner being Byleth + the three house leaders is the logical and safest prediction. GHB I hope is a villain and not the other gender Byleth. We need more female avatars in the regular pool, so female Byleth should be summonable. The only summonable one right now is female Corrin. Male Robin, male Corrin, and male Byleth will all be summonable.

So M!Byleth + 3 house leaders makes sense for the first one. But I wonder what the SECOND 3H banner (assuming the 2nd new houses banner is indeed 3H). I'd assume F!Byleth with favorite student from each house?

I just wonder how they're gonna choose who to go in that banner since we don't have a sense of popularity quite yet. I'd assume something like Caspar/Ingrid/Hilda or Petra/Ashe/Marianne or something. But probably female heavy since the first TH banner is male heavy.

I want one to be all teachers so we can have a Teachers vs Students VG.

Either way though, if all eight turn out to be infantry, I'm going to be very upset.

I would ideally like all the lords + Male Byleth on the banner, with Female Byleth as the GHB? Just as how Female Robin was also GHB! Then the game can give us 4 unit banners of students from each house! With 3 teacher GHB to follow suit, perhaps? Obviously we won’t go through them all, but that will just build the anticipation for when they eventually do!

6 hours ago, DraceEmpressa said:

I don' t think any of those house heads  has PRF weapon before time skip tho

I mean default weapon classes: Axe Edlegard, Bow Claude, and Lance Dimitri