Three Houses Banner Speculation

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 7/11/2019 at 2:37 PM, Anacybele said:

Yep, the banner being Byleth + the three house leaders is the logical and safest prediction. GHB I hope is a villain and not the other gender Byleth. We need more female avatars in the regular pool, so female Byleth should be summonable. The only summonable one right now is female Corrin. Male Robin, male Corrin, and male Byleth will all be summonable.

I don't want to come off as confrontational, but your only precedent for "more female avatars in the main pool" is the fact that F!robin was a GHB, my problem with this is that there isn't exactly an abundance of avatars to begin with, if F!byleth is a GHB I really don't see the harm in it, it would make her accessible enough and would certainly beat her being a 5* exclusive (which would most assuredly be the case), she would at least be a greil project which is way more accessible than most other units. I do not expect the byleths to be in the common summoning pool at all, which just means that they will be difficult to merge in general may as well have one be FTP.

1 minute ago, thecrimsonflash said:

I don't want to come off as confrontational, but your only precedent for "more female avatars in the main pool" is the fact that F!robin was a GHB, my problem with this is that there isn't exactly an abundance of avatars to begin with, if F!byleth is a GHB I really don't see the harm in it, it would make her accessible enough and would certainly beat her being a 5* exclusive (which would most assuredly be the case), she would at least be a greil project which is way more accessible than most other units. I do not expect the byleths to be in the common summoning pool at all, which just means that they will be difficult to merge in general may as well have one be FTP.

I think it's a problem because I don't want the female avatars to only be GHBs and hardly ever be in the pool.

5 hours ago, Anacybele said:

I think it's a problem because I don't want the female avatars to only be GHBs and hardly ever be in the pool.

I certainly wouldn't mind MByleth being the GHB and FByleth being in the summoning pool this time around.

If only because I'd like to make a MByleth merge project.

I want to be different and will predict a Black Eagles banner first, then it'll be followed by the Blue Lions and finally Golden Deer. 

So, Edelgard, alongside three more characters. Perhaps a colorless Bernadetta, red Petra and green Hubert. 

We do know that Byleth will appear on a banner though, but did they specify they'd come on one at the end of July? 

15 minutes ago, ZeManaphy said:

How do we know it’s a 3 Houses Banner?

The news item announcing the "free" M Byleth also says "Byleth: Tested Professor will also appear in summoning events, beginning in late July".

I think it would make since if the first Three Houses banner had M!Blyeth (Sword), Edelgard (Axe), Dimitri (Lance) and Claude (Colorless Bow) with F!Blyeth being the GHB unit (and she will state that this is just a training session. Not sure if the early New Heroes banner in early August will also be Three Houses. Part of me thinks CYL3 Brave Heroes will be moved up earlier this year but if not I will just predict it will be nothing but Black Eagle members.

On 7/13/2019 at 5:13 AM, Etheus said:

I certainly wouldn't mind MByleth being the GHB and FByleth being in the summoning pool this time around.

If only because I'd like to make a MByleth merge project.

If m!byleth is ftp that will piss a lot of people off, I mean he had better be 5* exclusive if they are doing a promotion for a free byleth with the purchase  of 3H until next year.

17 minutes ago, thecrimsonflash said:

If m!byleth is ftp that will piss a lot of people off, I mean he had better be 5* exclusive if they are doing a promotion for a free byleth with the purchase  of 3H until next year.

I actually find it more likely, of all things, for Byleth to be the 4* demote...

I mean, best guess is that the other 3 units will be the House Leaders. Edelgard could maaaybe be the demote, but otherwise the 3 are equal footing in terms of status. Byleth meanwhile... we don't know much about them, but they are the most different of the potential 4 units.

That or, best case scenario, all 3 will be demoted and Byleth will be 5* locked. But hahaha, that'd never happen these days...

12 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Edelgard could maaaybe be the demote

There is no way that the Heroes of today will ever demote Edelgard. She's a girl who is one of the main lords/characters with a very good shot at winning first place in the next CYL. Besides, isn't she still the most popular choice amongst the three leaders?

2 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

There is no way that the Heroes of today will ever demote Edelgard. She's a girl who is one of the main lords/characters with a very good shot at winning first place in the next CYL. Besides, isn't she still the most popular choice amongst the three leaders?

Well it's her, Claude, or... uh...

...who was the other one? Ferdi-no wait that's Echoes...

15 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Well it's her, Claude, or... uh...

...who was the other one? Ferdi-no wait that's Echoes...

Dmitri?

I think if any of the three lords are getting demoted, it's Dmitri because he seems to be the least liked of the trio.

Assuming we even get a demotion from the Three Houses banner with the lords and the avatar.

Underwhelming infantry swords that remain 5* locked for no sensible reason is par for the course. Typically the lancer will get demoted, just to make the blue pitybreaker 5* pool of units also available at 4* even worse.

Obviously a Byleth + the main 3 would be obvious, however if I were to make separate house banners:

Black Eagles - Axe!Edelgard, RedTome!Hubert (He's a dark magic user so red makes more sense), BlueTome!Dorothea (she seems to be a thunder mage), Gauntlet!Casper (To introduce gauntlets into the game. I would imagine they would be colourless as Ice Dragon said as colourless don't have a melee equivalent)

Blue Lions - Lance!Dimitri, Axe!Dedue, Sword!Felix, Staff!Mercedes

Golden Deer - Bow!Claude, Axe!Hilda, RedTome!Lysithea, Gauntlet!Raphael

4 hours ago, thecrimsonflash said:

It wouldn't be that different from them doing the Black Knight orb pack a long while back. Fact is, grail units have value.

1 minute ago, Etheus said:

It wouldn't be that different from them doing the Black Knight orb pack a long while back. Fact is, grail units have value.

They do, but there's the matter of knowing what's at stake. BK was known to be a TT unit at the time.

7 minutes ago, Othin said:

They do, but there's the matter of knowing what's at stake. BK was known to be a TT unit at the time.

That is also worth consideration. I could see some controversy coming from that (not as much as if he is a 4-5 star demote). But he is also framed as being a free gift alongside the purchase of an outside product, rather than part of a purchase.

41 minutes ago, Etheus said:

That is also worth consideration. I could see some controversy coming from that (not as much as if he is a 4-5 star demote). But he is also framed as being a free gift alongside the purchase of an outside product, rather than part of a purchase.

They did explicitly say he'll be in summoning events, so he can't be a grail unit anyway.

My guess is that they'll just use it as reason to not have a demote on the banner at all.

8 minutes ago, Othin said:

They did explicitly say he'll be in summoning events, so he can't be a grail unit anyway.

My guess is that they'll just use it as reason to not have a demote on the banner at all.

Yeah. If it is a Byleth + house lords banner, I don't see a demote happening.

But if there is one, I hope it's Claude. Claude is best lord.

And a new subtopic. How careful do you think they'll be with spoilers.

Thus far, Heroes has been pretty brazen about story spoilers. We have unmasked Black Knight/Zelgius instead of depicting Zelgius in his regular Begnion armor. All of the Fallen Heroes are spoilers to varying degrees. More recently, Alm and Celica spoiled the story beats for their respective games pretty badly.

Do you think the level 40 dialogue and Forging Bonds dialogue will be more cautious this time around? And how much dialogue do you think Byleth will have, what with his portrayal as a silent protagonist?

2 hours ago, Etheus said:

Thus far, Heroes has been pretty brazen about story spoilers. We have unmasked Black Knight/Zelgius instead of depicting Zelgius in his regular Begnion armor. All of the Fallen Heroes are spoilers to varying degrees. More recently, Alm and Celica spoiled the story beats for their respective games pretty badly.

Do you think the level 40 dialogue and Forging Bonds dialogue will be more cautious this time around? And how much dialogue do you think Byleth will have, what with his portrayal as a silent protagonist?

Except Byleth isn't a silent protagonist. I think they'll focus more on the Academy section of the game with maybe some allusions to post-timeskip. Oh, what if the FB is shown as a kind of inter-house training session? It'd give the 3 lords (presuming they're the banner focus) a reason to call Byleth Teacher.

We could also be completely off and we get a different "Teach" and "scholars" for the coming banner.

2 hours ago, Etheus said:

Considering both the timeskip and the fact that this banner will be before release, I expect they'll be a lot more restrained. These versions of the characters will likely all be pre-timeskip and stick largely to story talk that's been covered in the trailers, while their post-timeskip versions will show up some time later (probably as legendaries) and those will be the ones that go into spoilers about later parts of the story.