Three Houses Banner Speculation

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

22 minutes ago, silverserpent said:

I'm more and more sure that the 3H banner will be the one in August, simply because the 22nd is still before the game's release. makes more sense to place the banner a week after release than before. 

The problem with that is that Byleth is explicitly said to be summonable from late July. That would mean if he's not on the July New Heroes banner, he either gets unceremoniously added to the generic 5* pool without a banner, or he debuts in the Mythic banner, possibly as *the* Mythic, which I'm guessing would annoy a lot of people (but I'd be totally fine with it).

Of course, there's every possibility (or indeed probability) that both banners are Three Houses anyway.

EDIT: Ayra was a long time ago, but I suppose it's also technically possible he debuts in the Close Defense banner. But realistically, no.

Edited by Humanoid

I thought the problem with Ayra wasn't so much her being introduced in a non-New Heroes banner, but her being put in a banner alongside a unit of the same color that was also in the regular 5 star pool and not just the 5 star focus pool (Eldigan, if I recall). Which made her actual summon rate a bit smaller than normal, and that's what made the move scummy on IS's part.

I doubt Byleth would be on any banner but a New Heroes banner to start with, but if he were on the Close Def banner, he could very well not have to share his color.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

I thought the problem with Ayra wasn't so much her being introduced in a non-New Heroes banner, but her being put in a banner alongside a unit of the same color that was also in the regular 5 star pool and not just the 5 star focus pool (Eldigan, if I recall). Which made her actual summon rate a bit smaller than normal, and that's what made the move scummy on IS's part.

I doubt Byleth would be on any banner but a New Heroes banner to start with, but if he were on the Close Def banner, he could very well not have to share his color.

It was a combination of the two that pissed people off. But the larger factor was that they pulled her away from the main banner and moved her to the Tempest Trials banner AFTER people had blown their orbs on the new heroes banner. It was the first big case of what one might call a bait banner. 

3 minutes ago, Etheus said:

It was a combination of the two that pissed people off. But the larger factor was that they pulled her away from the main banner and moved her to the Tempest Trials banner AFTER people had blown their orbs on the new heroes banner. It was the first big case of what one might call a bait banner. 

Ah, yeah, that's true too. The backlash was understandable though.

But yeah, as I said, I doubt Byleth will debut on anything besides the New Heroes banner.

47 minutes ago, SockPuppet said:

Should we expect the trailer tomorrow? Or when?

Well tomorrow would be typical as they don't do trailers that often on Saturdays. Although, they did do a Saturday trailer some time ago so who knows.

I think we can say for sure it'll be one of the two.