Fire Emblem: Three Houses Preview by Engadget

23 minutes ago, Tenzen12 said:

I really wanna know whether "that one person that dies no matter what" gonna be Jeralt or Rhea. 

Given Fire Emblem's track record, I'd say it's an obvious guess which one is more likely.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dude broke embargo by mentioning new game+ I bet, that is likely why.

Also, I wish they wouldn't even bother with amiibo, such a tease.

Edited by thecrimsonflash

4 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

Given Fire Emblem's track record, I'd say it's an obvious guess which one is more likely.

I don't know. Wise, mature lady and father of main character both have pretty atrocious records for survival.

10 minutes ago, Onestep said:

I don't know. Wise, mature lady and father of main character both have pretty atrocious records for survival.

You guys are acting like they both won't die. Jeralt can die Greil style fairly early on and Rhea can have a big story death in part 2. She does appear to get thrown out of a window at some point.

Also character spoiler?

Spoiler

the person he talks about dying no matter what you do may be Jeritza or Jeralt, i think Jeritza is more likely because of screen with Mercie

Maybe thats why the preview (witch sounds alot more like review) got deleted

Edited by User name

1 hour ago, Onestep said:

On a side note, the fact that the guy could only recruit one other student makes it sound like that really isn't easy. Perhaps for every student you recruit, the stats required to recruit another go up, as a kind of soft lock mechanism? 

The way he described it made it seem like he just wasn't really paying attention to that particular mechanic and the one he got he just happened to naturally meet the requirements for, so it was probably harder for him than for someone who had their recruits planned out from the start.

Just now, Darkdragoon324 said:

The way he described it made it seem like he just wasn't really paying attention to that particular mechanic and the one he got he just happened to naturally meet the requirements for, so it was probably harder for him than for someone who had their recruits planned out from the start.

Maybe once we've got the game entirely figured out and optimal strats planned it'll be easy to grab 3+ characters. For now, unless you're playing on normal, seems unlikely you'll get too many.

7 minutes ago, Onestep said:

Maybe once we've got the game entirely figured out and optimal strats planned it'll be easy to grab 3+ characters. For now, unless you're playing on normal, seems unlikely you'll get too many.

To add to that, it might be even harder if you're going for some very different characters, let's say I want Raphael and Lysithea, that's 4 different things to get. On the other hand getting 2 mages might be a bit easier (and a bit less useful, admittedly).

32 minutes ago, colossus86 said:

You guys are acting like they both won't die. Jeralt can die Greil style fairly early on and Rhea can have a big story death in part 2. She does appear to get thrown out of a window at some point.

If it was the case he(?) would use plural wouldn't he? 

Hmmm. This diagram seems to depict the Divines, following or reaching out for the Goddess. That clearly Indech on the top left, and I believe that's Macuil and Cichol on the bottom left. Which suggests that bottom right is Cethlenn. Though it's vague enough that any of the three could be any other. Interestingly, Seiros in the middle once again has their face obscured.

I'm not entirely sure what the symbology of the deer is meant to be, but their motif seems to be duality. They are shined upon by both the sun and moon, the mother and father deer have contrasting colours and the fawn seems to be a mixture of both colours.

1562860597153.png

14 minutes ago, Tenzen12 said:

If it was the case he(?) would use plural wouldn't he? 

Not necessarily. He was referring to an instance of someone referring to a now dead character as if they were alive. They could both die and only one of them have these sort of continuity issues.

I really doubt he's referring Rhea, consider she seems very plot essential at least in the early game, with all the cutscenes and quests. She is the first character you have to speak to progress when you arrived the school.

It would be hard to missed out her like he described.

Edited by Timlugia

45 hours is what took them to complete the game on normal and they admitted it was rather easy and it sounds like the turnwheel is either as broken as before or it's way too overpowered on a lower difficulty. They're guessing 60+ for the other paths most likely since they now have a better grasp of things.

Edited by redlight

The writer does admit they rushed the game in four days, and they played on normal which would’ve been a breeze. I think it’s unfair to compare his time to our play time.

and this is just speculation but the choices they picked could’ve lead them to an earlier ending than normal, but that’s a theory.

1 hour ago, User name said:

Yup, he probably went with Black Eagles on his first run( evident buy a smal game clip with Petra doing a crit ), and a screen with Byleth talking to Petra, while having A in prof.

I think its pretty obvious that he really likes Petra lol

inb he S ranked her in BE route and now wants to recruit her into GD and S rank her again.

That's called loyalty, and i respect that!

Well now I know he has great taste in waifus now!👍👍👍

10 minutes ago, FeatheredDragon said:

The writer does admit they rushed the game in four days, and they played on normal which would’ve been a breeze. I think it’s unfair to compare his time to our play time.

and this is just speculation but the choices they picked could’ve lead them to an earlier ending than normal, but that’s a theory.

Most likely it will take us longer yes, but one of the devs didn't really detail the specifics of his playthrough as I recall. Just 80 hours. That's a gap of 35 hours. But as to what could've been possibly skipped? Maybe autotutoring? Maybe Maeda played on Hard? He's kind of a classic Fire Emblem guy or so he says

Possibly quests as well, but still. 35 hours is a large time to fill with something. I don't think Maeda lied. We just don't know how he spent his time playing

EDIT: Shit. Was it Kusakahira and not Maeda?

Edited by redlight

5 minutes ago, FeatheredDragon said:

Make sense so definitely not accurate especially when on normal still long for even rushing it on easy though.

Edited by Dorothea Joestar Arnold

5 minutes ago, redlight said:

Most likely it will take us longer yes, but one of the devs didn't really detail the specifics of his playthrough as I recall. Just 80 hours. That's a gap of 35 hours. But as to what could've been possibly skipped? Maybe autotutoring? Maybe Maeda played on Hard? He's kind of a classic Fire Emblem guy or so he says

I would never expect an exact 80 since everyone takes things at different paces. Maybe he didn’t do some paralogues, maybe his choices caused him to skip past some fights, maybe he autotutored. I think we should wait for more reviews and more people to play it to judge the playtime.

10 minutes ago, redlight said:

Possibly quests as well, but still. 35 hours is a large time to fill with something. I don't think Maeda lied. We just don't know how he spent his time playing

EDIT: Shit. Was it Kusakahira and not Maeda?

Maeda probably explored and chilled out a bit, along with playing on Hard Mode. Reviewers generally have to rush through games to get content out, then can double back and go into more detail if the game becomes a big hit. The reviewer also admitted he didn't save on big choices, and so probably missed out on several maps/alternative storylines that Maeda might be including in his 'time to fully complete one route' hour count. That, or missed Paralogues.