Fire Emblem: Three Houses Preview by Engadget

4 hours ago, Onestep said:

New Trailer. Flayn seems to be playable a decent bit before the timeskip. Also, that's a sexy ass map.

Yeah, it is. Also Flayn has completely busted stats here for a level 14 Peg. Notably her ~20 Str&Spd, and her 36 res(what).

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, B.Leu said:

To be fair, Corrin's fathers are as great, well written characters, as Corrin himself. 😛

So, NG+. Byleth. Stand Name: Killer Queen: Bites The Dust.
Look over here ! Sheer Heart Attack has no weakness.

I wonder how it will work, because you know... stats. Byleth will be busted in new game plus. He would like a Jeigan with max stats..
That's why I don't really believe it'll work like that, but I want to laugh.

Leadership, now that's something I see, though it does give an advantage similar.

Hmmm, gee, I wonder who is the character he mentioned will die.

...Well, that's another deathflag I haven't noticed yet. 😛
Honestly, that dude is more lifely to die than Rhea, because, first, Rhea isn't your freaking dad, and second, Rhea is possibly an antagonist.

But antagonists have an even lower survival rate than dads.

So looking at the original article vs the reposted one, the one change I noticed involved the character death. The new article says the following:

"Beyond the main plot, the incidental dialogue is well-written, and the fully voiced support stories are entertaining. One downside of this new-found freedom was a couple of slightly tone-deaf scenes, most likely because the game expected me to get to know the character earlier than I did. (They involved talking about a dead person as though they were still alive.)"

While the original article instead had:

"Beyond the main plot, the incidental dialogue is well-written, and the fully voiced support stories are entertaining. One downside of this new-found freedom was a couple of slightly tone-deaf scenes, most likely because the game expected me to get to know the character earlier than I did.  They involved talking about a person who, I'm pretty sure, dies no matter what you do, as though they were still alive."

So the interesting thing is, the writer was "pretty sure" the character would always die, but not absolutely certain. Considering that, and taking into account the Thani leak, I have an idea who this is about. Click the spoiler for the idea but again keep in mind this references leaked info.

Spoiler

So, first of all, I don't think it's Rhea. Thani has shown her info to be accurate time and time again, including now in the last few days being proven right about the existence of same sex romances and the identity of some of those romances (and before anyone brings up how she only mentioned Linhardt as a mlm romance and not the others, remember she repeatedly said her info was from an early version of the game and that for supports in particular her info might be incomplete. She made it clear Linhardt was simply the only mlm option she knew about, not necessarily the only one in the final game.)

Anyways, she was right about the existences of same sex romance options and Linehardt being one of them, and one of the other same sex romance options she mentioned was Rhea, who she also said was a playable character. While I suppose the game might allow you to marry Rhea and still kill her off, I find this unlikely.

I also find Jeralt is unlikely to be the specific person referenced (though he could still die anyways.) The reason for this is because the writer at least considered that it might have been possible to save this person by making different choices. And I just don't expect Jeralt's almost certainly inevitable death to leave any room for doubt that it was inevitable or leave open any possibility that you might have saved him.

So, who is it I think is being talked about? Well, let's consider what we know. This person is referenced in certain conversations that the writer didn't see early because he didn't get to know a character early on, meaning the character who dies is probably referenced in some early support conversations. And there was at least a little uncertainty as to whether this person could be saved.

If you take into account Thani's leak, an obvious candidate emerges: Lysithea. Lysithea dying was one of Thani's most controversial claims, one that tons of people were especially doubtful of. But given how accurate the rest of her info has been, I'm definitely starting to think it actually happens. And it would make perfect sense for the mystery death referenced in the article. Because Lysithea is a playable character and a student, it's understandable that even if her death is incredibly dramatic and important to the story, there'd still be a little bit of "wait, really?!" about her death that would cause the writer to be only "pretty sure" that she always dies. And it also seems quite natural that there might be some support conversations with other characters, such as possibly Lysithea's classmates, that would reference her.

So TLDR:

• Rhea won't actually die despite the death flags
  • Jeralt might die but isn't the person being referenced in the article
  • The person being referenced is Lysithea

Edited by Mad_Scientist