Rumor about paths with choosen house true?

Be aware that there are possible spoilers:

I was on Reddit and saw someone mention that there are four different paths according to a leak, and that you'd have to side with Edelgard to get the final path. I don't know how much I like this, but I also haven't seen any confirmation with a cursory google search. Is this the case or have I been bamboozled?

Edited by Platysaur

There was indeed a leak detailing essentially what you said. Said leak also predicted the timeskip, which has been confirmed. However this potential "fourth route" has not been confirmed by anyone yet.  

The Engadget preview does contain some information implying there are story-affecting choices beyond just which house you pick.

Keep in mind, the Endgadget previewer almost certainly chose Black Eagles based on information in the preview. So that corroborates the fact that Black Eagles have an additional path, but it doesn't necessarily mean it's the case for every house.

Edited by Weanus

19 minutes ago, Bloom said:

All the more reasons to play Black Eagles LAST.

Well, if they have two endings, wouldn't it be better play them separately? So you aren't playing the same house twice in a row.

That's what I am going to do, play BE first, then come back to BE for the other ending in the very end.

38 minutes ago, Timlugia said:

Well, if they have two endings, wouldn't it be better play them separately? So you aren't playing the same house twice in a row.

That's what I am going to do, play BE first, then come back to BE for the other ending in the very end.

Pretty much my plan!

Only problem with that is, what if you get the best BE ending first and then cap off your experience with the less satisfying one? Initially I expected the second BE ending to only become available after doing all 3 normal routes, but the preview more or less deconfirmed that theory. It's possible they're both satisfying in their own right, I guess, but still.

Edited by Weanus

Thani did claim that the fourth route wouldn't be a true ending akin to Revelations. The notion that there's a novel ending that isn't just neat conflict resolution makes me want to believe there's something interesting going on with the plot.

54 minutes ago, Weanus said:

Only problem with that is, what if you get the best BE ending first and then cap off your experience with the less satisfying one? Initially I expected the second BE ending to only become available after doing all 3 normal routes, but the preview more or less deconfirmed that theory. It's possible they're both satisfying in their own right, I guess, but still.

This is exactly why I said BE last lol.

What if you accidentally get the true ending on your first run... welp shit.

I hope that if there's a 4th path, it isn't tied to choosing the Black Eagles. The whole point of having 3 different Lords to choose from is that they all provide a different experience; flat-out giving Edelgard more content than the other two undervalues the choice. Anyone who prefers the Blue Lions or the Golden Deer is now going to have to decide if playing with the characters you want trumps getting a whole new side of the story.

And every time you want to replay the game, and you want to experience the '4th' path, you're going to have to choose Edelgard. Why not have all three Lords have an extra ending?

I know it isn't confirmed and I'm ranting, but man, I hate it when games present 'equal characters' and then they turn around and say, "Actually X is more important." Though I should have seen this coming with how much screen time/narration Edelgard got in comparison to the other two.

We're all acting like the Black Eagles 4th route is going to be sunshine and rainbows, as opposed to potential brutal murder or bittersweet. If you want a happy True End, you have to wait for the Grey Wolves DLC route.

4 minutes ago, SorrowOfAcheron said:

I hope that if there's a 4th path, it isn't tied to choosing the Black Eagles. The whole point of having 3 different Lords to choose from is that they all provide a different experience; flat-out giving Edelgard more content than the other two undervalues the choice. Anyone who prefers the Blue Lions or the Golden Deer is now going to have to decide if playing with the characters you want trumps getting a whole new side of the story.

And every time you want to replay the game, and you want to experience the '4th' path, you're going to have to choose Edelgard. Why not have all three Lords have an extra ending?

I know it isn't confirmed and I'm ranting, but man, I hate it when games present 'equal characters' and then they turn around and say, "Actually X is more important." Though I should have seen this coming with how much screen time/narration Edelgard got in comparison to the other two.

I'm with you. 

However, I'm holding out on the hope that all houses have those game changing choices, since all of the sources concerning split paths within houses have presumably only played Black Eagles.

I mean you could make an extra file before the big choice for the other branching path so if you don't like a suppose "bad end"(which I doubt it'll be) you got the other to look foward to.

Edited by Dorothea Joestar Arnold

11 minutes ago, Dorothea Joestar Arnold said:

I mean you could make an extra file before the big choice for the other branching path so if you don't like a suppose "bad end"(which I doubt it'll be) you got the other to look foward to.

I do hope it isn't a genuine Bad End. Those always suck.

Well, that's be pretty cool...

2 hours ago, Weanus said:

Only problem with that is, what if you get the best BE ending first and then cap off your experience with the less satisfying one?

...except if this happens. Imo those different endings should be: you choose X so X happens, but if you choose Y, Y happens. This kind of simple, but possibly great things.
The idea this could happens in all routes instead of only BE is good sounding.

26 minutes ago, Onestep said:

We're all acting like the Black Eagles 4th route is going to be sunshine and rainbows, as opposed to potential brutal murder or bittersweet. If you want a happy True End, you have to wait for the Grey Wolves DLC route.

I'm not. I hope we will murder people left and right, create a Thousand Year Kingdom, all in the name of our Lady Eldelguard-sama with her stand King Crimson as her Epitath.

Sometime, I wonder if people can actually understand how satisfying doing evil can be in a video game, or seeing a bittersweet ending actually is. Or even the concept of it.
Because seriously, a bittersweet ending like that ? A painful way that is all about seeing the world and actually doing the things, painful or not, to change the world and make it better, that's my jam.

24 minutes ago, B.Leu said:

Sometime, I wonder if people can actually understand how satisfying doing evil can be in a video game, or seeing a bittersweet ending actually is. Or even the concept of it.

Only when I perpetrate the evil on behalf of myself though, and not just simply joining the bad guy's side which tends to end up as a clownpants Chaotic Stupid decision instead of being a genuinely reasonable path.

Like in Fates, I would never join Garon's side as such, that's not a reasonable choice because it would never work out well for Corrin. However a genuine imperialistic conquest does hold some genuine appeal, and hey, you actually do have a valid casus belli to install yourself as emperor.

In the words of Ivan Drago: I fight to win for me! FOR ME!

• 1 month later...