Artwork from new review

Relatively easy to miss, but quite interesting. They seem to be depicting the events surrounding the War of Heroes, though the metaphors are interesting.

1562860597153.png

1562860881826.png

1562861172386.png

Edited by Onestep

4 minutes ago, timon said:

Not gonna be here to analyze it, but I'm going to say they're really well done, high quality stuff, especially if we consider it's just cosmetics (probably).

Would make a really cool intro slide, while the narrator describes the myths of Fodlan.

6 hours ago, Modirufa6317 said:

Why do I have a feeling the deer is important? (whatever it may represent). The same one seems to appear in every artwork...

Many of the characters repeat. The man and women hiding under the shelter are also seen in the picture of the fields, and are possibly among the Saints. The Deer do seem important though.

My... I'm going to spend a long while looking at this...

Is it just me or on the third picture, the red flying guy and the deer are staring at each other? 

First one either looks like the day before the new year. The deer gave birth, the angles or people in the sky represent the stars, and people may be mourning an important death. The deer is passing on their torch so to speak to the child, given how the moon often represents the end, and it is shining upon them. Stars are always there, perhaps representing memories that will always be there. And the death is the death of the year, mourning the past.

The second picture seems like spring. The deer are fighting for mates, the villagers are farming, yet there are still people celebrating festivals. I don't think I need to go into detail here, since it's pretty obvious what each one represent. The most interesting thing about this one, however, is the statue in the middle. The goddess appears to be victorious over Nemesis, so this is probably the month when their great battle took place.

The third picture seems to be another month of spring. The dear are in their shelter from the rain, as are the people who were celebrating earlier, except the former are in a cave and the latter is man-made. While the human shelter seems less protective, the two people seem to be holding flowers, and the sheep (and dog) seem calm, while the deer look worried. The right side of the picture has people sailing in a boat. A red-skinned angel or demon (or fallen angel, if they go that path) is either stealing their food or trying to give it to them, yet it is also blowing away the rain onto the other people, troubling the onlooking Sun. There is a serpent in the waters, perhaps troubling the sailors.

The message I get from the last one is that the deer are in the safest place, but they also see the full extent of what's happening, and are worried about it. The people are less sheltered, but are happier, perhaps grateful that they have a shelter and are with the ones they love. The people in the boat have faced hardship and flooding, but those problems will be taken way yet given to someone else. The person helping them out, however, is either stealing their food at the same time, or is trying to provide resources to them to distract from the hardships others now face in their place.

Three major things are happening in each picture, and I get the sense that each one will represent what each house will be going through:

In the first picture, the Black Eagles may be the stars, representing the memories that were made during the students time at the academy. The Blue Lions are mourning the past. Either someone in the house or the Kingdom died recently, or this is when things start going downhill for them, and they miss the times when things were better. The Golden Deer means that either Claude/the house will be given more responsibility, there is "birth" so to speak in the alliance, or a mixture of both interpretations.

In the second picture, the Golden Deer may suffer from in-fighting, either in the house itself or in the Leicester Alliance. The Blue Lions will feel the toil of working the land and/or providing for others. The Black Eagles in contrast will be in a time of celebration, and this will probably be the time when the player gets a lot more detail about the large battle in the past we keep seeing.

In the third picture, the Golden Deer are the most stable and secure, but they also have the best view of the troubles that lie ahead, filling them with worry. The Black Eagles are in a less safe position, but they seem thankful for what they do have. The Blue Lions have been flooded with hardships, yet they will be taken away soon. However, these struggles will be given to the other houses. This will either require the cost of another resource (in the picture, food) or the person(s) helping them out will be trying to get on their good side, distracting them from the trouble they placed onto others. Yet the serpent is still in the waters, so they still have an immediate foe to face.

Spoiler

For the last one, I believe that Dmitri may ally himself with one of the enemies. Either one of their foes will offer them kindness that the House accepts, not knowing that it will come at the cost of increasing the trouble the other houses face, or they sacrifice something (their food in the picture) to remove their hardships, again not knowing that the problem isn't so much fixed as placed elsewhere. 

Or it could mean that one of the enemies attacks the Blue Lions while simultaneously decreasing their load and placing it somewhere else.

These are my interpretations. I could be way off, or I could be spot on. Probably somewhere in-between.

I guessed that it was the fe3h version of the myth of creating world, taking from elements from Greek myth and Genesis.

For me the first panel is the process of creating the world, but it also contains the end of the world. What happening in the right looks similar with the people entering into New Jerusalem with the guide of angels.

The thrid panel (which I believe chronically should be the second one ) is something similar to the flood myth (Greek and Genesis).Gods, or goddesses, sent a flood on the earth, and some of them escaped through building a ship. A male and a female on the left simply sheltered themselves together, as well as two deers.

The second panel (which is actually the third one in time order) is the revitalization of human civilization. The same male in the flood panel survived, and he threw seeds or stones to the fertile earth. If something similar to Greek myth and Genesis happened, these stones would turn into humans, and that male became the ancestor of people on Fodland.

These are just my random guesses.

These are gorgeous. Excited to pick over them and try to analyze them, though I’ll probably wait to do anything in depth until after we get some more context, since we don’t know how serious these are intended to be taken.

Some initial thoughts, though— I’m assuming Seiros is intended to be the hooded figure, since she has the wavy sword and appears to be communicating with/being received by a character who resembles the depiction of the goddess in the crest mural. Interesting, though, that all artistic depictions of the character we assume is Seiros depict her hooded and don’t use her crest to identify her, but rather, her sword.

In fact, there don’t seem to be crests in any of these paintings, despite the fact they seem to be on everything in present-day Fodlan. There could be some hidden, but I’m not seeing them. They could also be using other symbols to represent the important people, i.e. the deer could potentially be Reigan or one of the other Leicester-descended character and the GD could’ve pulled the imagery from there. It could imply these artworks predate the use of the crests as common symbols, but that would mean that the crests weren’t in use as symbols during the lifetime of the saints and heroes..?

Maybe the deer locking antlers could be a symbolic representation of infighting between the Leicester Alliance? Or at least a foreshadowing since Leicester didn't exist at the time of the murals creation probably.