Do you want a 4th, "true" path the provides closure for all three houses/lords/paths?

Honestly... Yes. I only played the BE route, I will play the others soon, but... I could only think "Things could have gone better". I know, the game want you to think no route is the canon one, and even if I liked the BE route very much, knowing what we as players know about the story, I just wish for a route where all the 3 lords collaborate. It's something impossible normally, but from when I knew Byleth can rewind time, I could only think that if byleth got one more shot to make it right, if he maintained the memory of all the routes, an ending where the 3 lord don't fight (not until death) could be possible. But I guess it's been condirmed we won't get the 5th route right? Well, I just hope then for a Dlc for the BE route, I liked the story but the second part was shorter and with just one cutsscenes, I hope in that at least. 

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Byleth's ability to rewind time is very limited, though. He's never shown using it in cutscenes more than a few seconds at a time. And even if you rewind an entire battle, just because the battle took you an hour up to that point doesn't mean it took that long from the character's perspective. For example in D&D (at least in 5th edition) one round of combat, meaning every player's turn and every monster's turn, takes 6 seconds of "actual" time. If we apply that rule to this game, even a 99 turn battle (the maximum allowed before automatic game over) would only last just under 10 minutes. There's no reason to think Byleth could go back 6 YEARS (remember that the school part takes place over 1 year) and start the whole plot again.

42 minutes ago, Sid Starkiller said:

Byleth's ability to rewind time is very limited, though. He's never shown using it in cutscenes more than a few seconds at a time. And even if you rewind an entire battle, just because the battle took you an hour up to that point doesn't mean it took that long from the character's perspective. For example in D&D (at least in 5th edition) one round of combat, meaning every player's turn and every monster's turn, takes 6 seconds of "actual" time. If we apply that rule to this game, even a 99 turn battle (the maximum allowed before automatic game over) would only last just under 10 minutes. There's no reason to think Byleth could go back 6 YEARS (remember that the school part takes place over 1 year) and start the whole plot again.

Yeah, I know that Byleth rewind ability is limited, but if they wanted to do it they could find a justification easily. I just thought it was a cool idea, I think the base for it it's in the game, but it's their choices, and more than justifying byleth ability in an eventual 5th route I would be worried that they do the story justice. It's something that could come out really good or really bad. 

Well of course they COULD find a justification, they wrote the damn story. But there's a limit to how much they should change background details (one of the many things Rev did wrong). Hell, they wouldn't even let Byleth go back a second time to try and save Jeralt! If they won't even let him go back a few seconds twice for the same reason, they're not gonna let him go back the entire story.

2 hours ago, Sid Starkiller said:

Well of course they COULD find a justification, they wrote the damn story. But there's a limit to how much they should change background details (one of the many things Rev did wrong). Hell, they wouldn't even let Byleth go back a second time to try and save Jeralt! If they won't even let him go back a few seconds twice for the same reason, they're not gonna let him go back the entire story.

I mean, technically Byleth can rewind times multiple time, and when that scene happened I thought "Go back again!", but I think the point was that it was one of these situations where you can't save that person no matter waht. Like when your unit is in a bad place and even if you rewind you can't save them, unless you restart the battle. If course if they did a dlc with Byleth rewinding everything then yeah, they should pay attention to not change things, not too much anyway.

2 hours ago, MaryQueen99 said:

Yeah, I know that Byleth rewind ability is limited, but if they wanted to do it they could find a justification easily. I just thought it was a cool idea, I think the base for it it's in the game, but it's their choices, and more than justifying byleth ability in an eventual 5th route I would be worried that they do the story justice. It's something that could come out really good or really bad. 

When it comes down to it, this is better left in the realm of fanfiction tbh. I'd much rather the time spent to be placed on revamping the 4 routes we had so that each was more unique and had a similar quantity and quality of content. Although then I'd have to deal with people squealing about having the story held DLC hostage...