English Three Houses Site Up

...Well, crap. I initially wasn't sold on Bernadetta, but then I finally heard her voice and everything just clicked. She sounds adorable and reminds me a lot of F!Morgan (and I doted a lot on my F!Morgan). I look forward to seeing how her character develops.

Claude doesn't sound how I imagined him to be. I can't really describe what I initially thought the voice would be, but this isn't it. Same with Raphael. Maybe they will grow on me more when I play the game proper.

Overall, it's nice to hear more of the English VAs.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, oolieong said:

Went through the voice clips quickly, and I'm really impressed!

I kinda thought Raphael would have a lower voice, and hearing Morgana from Sothis kinda threw me off, but other than that I have no complaints about the English voices.

I instantly picked out Morgana too.

Also I'm pretty sure Mercedes is the voice of Haru from P5.

Omgggg, I'm SO exciteddd now. Hearing their voices makes me that much more excited for it!

Claude, my bby! And Bernadetta just like jumped up my list, because she sounds adorable. Also ... Hubert. Man. Calm down.

Also Raphael, come on. Do you have to sound like a dumb country person? And Hilda's haughty laugh has me dying. And Annette sounds adorable.

4 hours ago, LSM said:

We see that Leonie is Strong in Lances and Bows, and Neutral in every other Weapon Skill.

We also see Ignatz and Raphael gain 14 Faith experience from Choir Practise, which I think means they're Neutral in it?

Well the examples we got before with Ferdinand and Dorothea got 8 exp to Ferdinand, 5 to Dorothea, and 7 to Byleth. Rather it seems like things went very well there(so exp x2? Byleth also got 10 authority instead of 5), maybe it's random, or maybe Ignatz and Raphael are friends?

Also confirmation that the Byleth template we've seen most starts at E Faith. Somehow they have exp in nothing so maybe those are their bases despite being level 6?:

Dc9Om2W.jpg

Edited by Cysx

So Claude will totally be a scheming guy and not as happy friendship worshipper as he claims to be. "Schemes? Me? I have no Idea what you're talking about, I'm playing fair and square as ever!" This line is sooo suspicious. Especially with this: "He is charming and easygoing, but is also strangely secretive about certain subjects."

Edited by Hauke

When Mercedes asked if I came to pray to the goddess, I did indeed come to worship her

Glad Ben Diskin is voicing Lorenz, perfect casting and I never tire of hearing Numbah 1/Joesph Joestar.

Veronica Taylor being Manuela is the best thing I've ever seen. I might S rank her if there are no same-sex options just for that. I love all the voices thus far, except I wish Lorenz was a bit more snobby I guess, but everything is great.

Also Gilbert is definitely Annette's father. It's rather interesting though as based on his surname, he's definitely a commoner yet Annette is of nobility with a crest. Very interesting.

Interesting that Jeralt is a Paladin rather than a Hero but it makes sense that that seems to be the class Leonie is pushed as too (her being his biggest fan and all).

Overall, my hype has been boosted tenfold.

Really liking the voices they've shown so far. Annette's singing was absolutely adorable and Gilbert being her dad is pretty interesting! Though they have quite the strong family resemblance it makes me wonder why no one has theorized about this already 😛

2 hours ago, Hauke said:

So Claude will totally be a scheming guy and not as happy friendship worshipper as he claims to be. "Schemes? Me? I have no Idea what you're talking about, I'm playing fair and square as ever!" This line is sooo suspicious. Especially with this: "He is charming and easygoing, but is also strangely secretive about certain subjects."

I recall a piece of dialogue of him saying that he shouldn't be trusted

All the english voice work is still great also Annette singing made her increase waifu points better still be even more pretty during the war phase which I have no doubt she will!

Edited by Dorothea Joestar Arnold

13 minutes ago, Dorothea Joestar Arnold said:

All the english voice work is still great also Annette singing made her increase waifu points better still even more pretty during the war phase which I have no doubt she will!

Ann will be best BL girl, dont sleep on her.

After that BL gameplay with F.Byleth mage Ann with her English Voice, shr made me feel something.

9 hours ago, Sire said:

...Same with Raphael. Maybe they will grow on me more when I play the game proper...

3 hours ago, Clathy said:

...Well, everyone but Mercedes. It sounded very weird to my ears.

Raphael and Mercedes are also the ones that jumped out at me as being... not as good. Mercie sounds a bit too much like someone doing a voice, and Raph just doesn't have the rumble of a young man who is that big. It's far too normal.

3 hours ago, Lorisa Goldfish said:

...Gilbert being her dad is pretty interesting! Though they have quite the strong family resemblance it makes me wonder why no one has theorized about this already 😛

I think after super-early guesses about Sylvain and Ferdinand being brothers (due to their close physical resemblance) turned out to just be a case of artistic same-face, people stopped looking for things like that. (Although I guess there has been speculation about Mercedes and Jeritza.)

7 hours ago, Cysx said:

Well the examples we got before with Ferdinand and Dorothea got 8 exp to Ferdinand, 5 to Dorothea, and 7 to Byleth. Rather it seems like things went very well there(so exp x2? Byleth also got 10 authority instead of 5), maybe it's random, or maybe Ignatz and Raphael are friends?

Also confirmation that the Byleth template we've seen most starts at E Faith. Somehow they have exp in nothing so maybe those are their bases despite being level 6?:

Dc9Om2W.jpg

Ahh. I recall in the Ingrid hypothetical her and Byleth had received 14 into Faith and the latter had 10 into Authority. There was the possibility that it was from two Choir Practises, but now we can see it might just be one boosted one. It'd be easy to say the boosted 14 is a neutral 7 x 2, but Ferdi getting 8 throws that off. 

They (Dorothea and Ferdinand) both had blue up arrows... maybe Choir Practise would give 7 exp, +1 for the blue arrow? And then if you're Weak in Faith (like Dorothea) you get the initial seven halved (and rounded up to four) before adding the plus one from the arrow? (I went and checked Group Tasks to see if it lined up, but arrowless Edelgard and Bernadetta both got 8 exp in Flying from that...)

//

The Byleth being what appears to be starting ranks while at level 6 is very odd, but we did see something similar in the direct (where Linhardt was level 6 and had flat skill ranks). Hard to say why... maybe something to do with a New Game+? Either way, that once again we see a Byleth starting with an E+ in Brawling is leading me to believe that we don't get to choose secondary Strengths, and that one's Byleth will always be Sword/Brawl/Authority Strong.

5 hours ago, Jayvee94 said:
  • BIack Eagles
  • Blue Lions
  • Golder Deer
  • Silver Wolves

Any speculations of what the wave 4 could be?

My fingers are crossed for a full fourth house being integrated completely into the game, made up of foreign students from all the surrounding nations (Sreng, Albinea, Almyra, and Morfio).

13 minutes ago, LSM said:

(I went and checked Group Tasks to see if it lined up, but arrowless Edelgard and Bernadetta both got 8 exp in Flying from that...)

Yeah... I made the comparison too. I guess they're not really the same so different gains make some amount of sense. But I reached the same conclusions when it came to Ferdinand and Dorothea's gains, even though +1 Exp for being "talented" seems surprisingly low.

13 minutes ago, LSM said:

My fingers are crossed for a full fourth house being integrated completely into the game, made up of foreign students from all the surrounding nations (Sreng, Albinea, Almyra, and Morfio).

That'd be really fun! Sounds like sequel material though:3

Edited by Cysx

They omitted certain stuff from the bios. I recall early translations of Mercedes bios clearly saying she's older than most of the students, but that seems to not be a thing on the english site. 

Maybe ageist? 

IYbvhES.jpg

17 minutes ago, Duke of Dozel said:

They omitted certain stuff from the bios. I recall early translations of Mercedes bios clearly saying she's older than most of the students, but that seems to not be a thing on the english site. 

Maybe ageist? 

IYbvhES.jpg

No I'm pretty sure that was in her twitter clip.