English Three Houses Site Up

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, Druplesnubb said:

No I'm pretty sure that was in her twitter clip.

These bios are literally the translated twitter bios anyway. I've read them enough to know Raphael loves work and hates lectures. For some reason, it's not showing the age difference part in Mercedes and as such, her bio is pretty short compared to the others.

40 minutes ago, Duke of Dozel said:

They omitted certain stuff from the bios. I recall early translations of Mercedes bios clearly saying she's older than most of the students, but that seems to not be a thing on the english site. 

Maybe ageist? 

IYbvhES.jpg

Well, they refer to her as a “woman” instead of a “girl,” “young lady,” or the like, so that seems to be the cover for that detail.

15 hours ago, Lorisa Goldfish said:

Really liking the voices they've shown so far. Annette's singing was absolutely adorable and Gilbert being her dad is pretty interesting! Though they have quite the strong family resemblance it makes me wonder why no one has theorized about this already 😛

'Cuz everyone was busier theorizing about the mystery masked man who has the same hair and eye colors as Mercedes.

Seems that masks invoke interest and intrigue more than stoicism does.  Then again, I don't remember if Navarre was more popular than Sirius, Gerome was more popular than Lon'qu, or Conrad was more popular than... uh, Saber I guess?

Either way, I feel a bit more interested in those two now.

I've been seeing a lot of controversy around regarding Mercedes' voice. I suppose I shouldn't be surprised, as it's pretty similar to how the Persona fanbase reacted to Haru's voice and the two of them kind of have a similar direction in voice.

Personally, I really like it. It sounds really kind of cute, and it also makes really curious as to how she might sound post-timeskip.

16 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:

I've been seeing a lot of controversy around regarding Mercedes' voice. I suppose I shouldn't be surprised, as it's pretty similar to how the Persona fanbase reacted to Haru's voice and the two of them kind of have a similar direction in voice.

Personally, I really like it. It sounds really kind of cute, and it also makes really curious as to how she might sound post-timeskip.

Really?! I got Haru vibes and to me that's a GREAT thing fits her well!

3 minutes ago, Dorothea Joestar Arnold said:

Really?! I got Haru vibes and to me that's a GREAT thing fits her well!

I agree. Sadly a lot of others don't see it that way.

The initial reaction to Xanthe Huynh's portrayal of Haru was really mixed. A lot of people didn't associate an airy voice with a character that was said to be very mature. It's kind of similar to how some are reacting to Dorothy Fahn's take on Mercedes.

Now that having been said, the dislike has lessened as time has gone on and more people have come around to Haru's English voice, so I think people will warm up to Mercedes' voice in time.