Do you replay older Fire Emblem games? If so, why and how often?

Zerxen

I typically play each FE game twice, once on the default difficulty (or "Hard" for the 3DS games) and the second time for a higher difficulty. I replayed Awakening multiple times back mainly because I loved the Plegia arc. I stopped replaying it after I tried out FE7- didn't know Awakening's maps were lame.

Only played FE4, 5, and 15 once each. They weren't bad games but the gameplay was really outdated (especially FE4) and they didn't have enough QoL features compared to the 3DS titles (though the Turnwheel mechanic was a great addition).

Edited by Zerxen

I would replay them more often but Heroes keeps me too busy. 

I have played through completion FE6 normal mode once, FE9 hard mode once, FE8 three times (once Ephraim easy mode and twice Eirika hard mode), FE7 three times(Eliwood normal, Eliwood hard and Hector hard), FE10 twice (once normal and once hard) and I'm currently playing through FE4 and have finished gen 1. 

I used to. Mostly 7/8 - I know I must have completed 7 at least like six times, to unlock HHM on two separate files. Haven't in a long time, though. I am going back to properly finish 5 for the first time, after an aborted attempt some years ago, and will probably eventually go back to re-beat 4, too. 9 was my gateway into the series via this guy I knew, and I browbeat him into getting into the final chapter once (we... couldn't beat it.), restarting, and eventually finishing the game at the second attempt. So if that counts, I did eventually go back and beat 9 on my own a few years back. And I think 12 is the other one I've completed twice, maybe three times. For... some reason.

I don't often replay Fire Emblem games, but then again it's rare for me to repeat games at all since I never have a shortage of games to play. I did have FE7 and 8 as a kid though before my game hunting days so I knocked them out about four or five times each only counting the finished playthroughs. Every game since I've only played once each despite some half finished attempts here or there. 

i replay older FE titles just when i feel like

recently i wanted to do a laguz-only run of PoR, but i lent my copy to my ex girlfriend and she's actually playing it (did not expect that honestly), so i guess i'll just have to wait

3 to 4 times for FE3, FE4, FE7, and FE8. 2 or 3 of those playthroughs were unfinished though.

FE6 I played twice, and completed both times. Only Normal mode though.

i plan to play all titles from the NES era onward, partially out of curiosity, and also because i want to see how the franchise has evolved during the years.

i'm currently doing my first(and probably last) marathon of the entire franchise starting from the early titles, and i'm currently at Thracia 776.

i tend to do single runs if i already know the game well and know what to do, otherwise i do multiple runs or eventually resets if needed in order to find out secrets, new units builds, and other stuff until i'm satisfied enough with the game.

I am attempting to replay the older ones.

I played Path of Radiance and still thoroughly enjoyed it despite its issues (which are mostly nitpicks regarding unit availability in the early game).

I am trying to play Radiant Dawn but finding that it does not at all live up to my memory of it. It's honestly severely flawed in ways that thoroughly undermine my experience.

I am replaying Awakening again and enjoying it. 

I am replaying Blazing Sword and stuck on it because I'm just... not enjoying it very much even though I can't define it as a bad game in any meaningful way. I don't even know what my problem with it is, but the game has never resonated with me the way PoR, Sacred Stones, or Awakening did. Maybe it's the more generic story failing to grip me. Or maybe it's all the tangential side objectives and Gaiden chapters. The maps are fine (not basic/boring like Echoes). The difficulty is fine on my current setting (unlike like Fates, Radiant Dawn, and Thracia). So it has to be something not related to the core gameplay that I just can't pinpoint.

Edited by Etheus

I have played through all of the games at least twice now however I mainly only replay Awakening, Conquest and SoV due to the fact the older games are not very accessible since I don't have them physically and my computer sucks at emulating.

I hope to get Shadow Dragon physically soon tho (probably on amazon or smth) since it's my favourite pre-3ds FE and I'm dying to play it again. It would probably be my most replayed FE tbh.

i've replayed most of the games an ungodly number of times over the years. i'm pretty sure if i actually saw how many times i played fe13 i'd embarrass myself

i don't replay them as much these days just from the sheer number of times i played them in the past, but every now and again i'll get the bug to go back and run through the games again and i do because i can. no real predictable pattern to it, though

• 2 weeks later...

I typically do so whenever i'm in the mood to replay one of the older games.

I'm currently in the process of my 3rd echoes run. And a few months ago I just replayed SD and new mystery.

Yes. Why? Because they're fun. I haven't replayed Genealogy or Thracia because I played both of those somewhat recently. Fates and Binding Blade I don't replay because they just don't seem fun going through again. Echoes I was replaying not too long ago, but the Celica path is such a bore. Awakening, Shadow Dragon, Blazing Sword, Sacred Stones, and Radiant Dawn are the ones I replay the most. I don't have Path of Radiance on an emulator anymore so unfortunately I can't play that one. I hate not owning the game. Radiant Dawn alone I replay an insane amount. I've definitely put more hours into it than any game I've ever played. I could no joke play the game with my eyes closed.

I love replaying games, so I replay pretty much 99% of the games I finish, including Fire Emblem.

The only problem with replaying that I have is Awakening, since it is a bit of letdown for me. Lunatic and Lunatic+ is just annoying and not fun, while Normal and Hard are pretty piss easy. Regardless, all of them just turns throwing Robin into things.

I did try once playing a spotpass unit only run and pretty much winned by buying Travant, in like chapter 8? Pretty much early on.

I love replaying FE11 because of the easy reclass system, and FE4/FE5 since I love Jugdral.