Fire Emblem Three Houses Movie (spoilers)

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The opening shows blood. We actually have BLOOD shown in Fire Emblem. HOLY FUCKING SHIT!

Not only that, but the animation and fight scene was absolutely amazing! And the fact you actually HEAR the stabbing sounds... my god...

"Was expecting theoretical discussion, sees new footage"

Wait uh hm what?

Well some question marks are finally getting their permanent leave

Edit: To the person who told me about the problems a literal whipsword would have(I think it was @Von Ithipathachai )... well there you go.

Edited by Cysx

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2019/07/video_weve_been_playing_fire_emblem_three_houses_and_now_were_excited_for_more

https://www.vg247.com/2019/07/12/fire-emblem-three-houses-preview-school-rpg/

Yeah, the embargo is definitely gone now. (Links aren't copying properly, copy and paste whole thing into your address bar).

2 minutes ago, Cysx said:

So Sylvain is an npc in the Gautier chapter if you don't pick the Blue Lions, apparently. That's nice.
  jzYuxNl.jpg

Wonderful. I can't wait for him to run off and die like a moron unless I devote two or three people to dragging his ass back to safety.

Just now, Onestep said:

Wonderful. I can't wait for him to run off and die like a moron unless I devote two or three people to dragging his ass back to safety.

A-bsolutely. Meanwhile Gilbert is an npc too, and I'll give you a guess as to what he's busy doing.

Just now, Cysx said:

Yup.

Lovely.

3 minutes ago, BastienSoul said:

I just noticed that at 2:45, an NPC has a text box saying, "Why Flayn, of all people?" while at 3:01, a different says "You got to find her!" Maybe Flayn gets taken by the Death Knight?

Oh, yeah. There's a screenshot of someone saying 'Flayn kidnapped?' so it seems likely. Possibly that's her recruitment mission?

Assistants(aka pairup), localized as Adjutants, cannot be assigned before professor level C, and only one can be assigned at that point. So it doesn't seem like "pairup" will have a huge presence for a long time.

We also see that Edelgard, Hubert, Caspar, Dorothea and Petra are dual attack adjutants, while Linhardt is a healing adjutant. Perhaps it's tied to class, but in the shot, Caspar is still in his base noble class:

D7zbgtq.jpg

Edited by Cysx

Yeah the low fps cutscenes really don't go well with large, epic battles. It was fine with the Seiros vs Nemesis fight though.

Meanwhile all the news we've been getting is making my head spin. So jarring going from an information drought to waves upon waves of new info, impressions, and footage. I'm not complaining though.

That cutscene was really awesome. I can’t believe there was so much blood. 

Every time they give us more info about this game I just get the dumbest smile on my face. See you all on the other side on the 26th.

18 minutes ago, Cysx said:

So Sylvain is an npc in the Gautier chapter if you don't pick the Blue Lions, apparently. That's nice.
  jzYuxNl.jpg

Derrick from Gamexplain said in the preview discussion that he recruited Sylvain temporarily for the chapter to help out; so I think it was more of a player's choice thing than anything.

7 minutes ago, Cysx said:

Assistants(aka pairup), now renamed as Adjutants, cannot be assigned before professor level C, and only one can be assigned at that point. So it doesn't seem like "pairup" will have a huge presence for a long time.

We also see that Edelgard, Hubert, Caspar, Dorothea and Petra are dual attack adjutants, while Linhardt is a healing adjutant. Perhaps it's tied to class, but in the shot, Caspar is still in his base noble class:

D7zbgtq.jpg

They also mentioned that adjutants don’t take a deployment slot, so you can bring your benched characters into battle to help keep them from falling behind. Seems like a really solid mechanic.

3 minutes ago, Timlugia said:

What's with the effect showing Rome, Chinese Junk and modern cities in the end of the trailer?

Gamexplain's Outro, if I had to guess.

6 minutes ago, HappyHawlucha. said:

Derrick from Gamexplain said in the preview discussion that he recruited Sylvain temporarily for the chapter to help out; so I think it was more of a player's choice thing than anything.

Oh. Too many things to pay attention to at once.

That's a pretty big coincidence, though, and also... if temporarily recruited students are npcs, there's no real point. I was assuming that's what the treehouse lady had done to have both Raphael and Ignatz as playable... but I guess not.

4 minutes ago, Marros said:

Gamexplain's Outro, if I had to guess.

That doesn't seem to be the case, that's still their logo.

5 minutes ago, Jakalak said:

They also mentioned that adjutants don’t take a deployment slot, so you can bring your benched characters into battle to help keep them from falling behind. Seems like a really solid mechanic. 

Yeah, they have their own separate deployment slots, this was revealed in Famitsu for what feels like an eternity ago. And I agree, that's a very interesting take on the mechanic.

Edited by Cysx

Just now, Cysx said:

Oh. Too many things to pay attention to at once.

That's a pretty big coincidence, though, and also... if temporarily recruited students are npcs, there's no real point. I was assuming that's what the treehouse lady had done to have both Raphael and Ignatz as playable... but I guess not.

They're not NPCs in the map; you can actually see in the Black Beast boss fight gameplay that you're able to move Sylvain; but according to Gamexplain you can't gain experience with the temporary unit.

1 minute ago, HappyHawlucha. said:

They're not NPCs in the map; you can actually see in the Black Beast boss fight gameplay that you're able to move Sylvain; but according to Gamexplain you can't gain experience with the temporary unit.

I'm not seeing it, but I'll take your word for it.