Fire Emblem Three Houses Movie (spoilers)

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

25 minutes ago, Hekselka said:

That looked awesome. Cool to see Seiros and Nemesis in action.

You know, the way that Seiros fought, I can actually even imagine Marth fighting like that when he has the Binding Shield. And so epic with how Seiros just did that palm strike on Nemesis to knock him down.

18 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

You know, the way that Seiros fought, I can actually even imagine Marth fighting like that when he has the Binding Shield. And so epic with how Seiros just did that palm strike on Nemesis to knock him down.

You bet! When I saw the start of the battle I definitely didn't expect Seiros to be so savage that she would just strike Nemesis down without her weapon and then pull a knife. Not what I expect from the woman when we first saw her.

Kind of makes me wish we also had a similar cutscene for Altina and Anri.

Wow, Seiros it's a powerful.

Oh damn... the way she kills Nemesis is quite... emotional... I wonder what kind of relationship they had before this conflict... he seems quite shocked when Seiros mentions the Red Canyon.

1 hour ago, Hekselka said:

You bet! When I saw the start of the battle I definitely didn't expect Seiros to be so savage that she would just strike Nemesis down without her weapon and then pull a knife. Not what I expect from the woman when we first saw her.

Kind of makes me wish we also had a similar cutscene for Altina and Anri.

Seriously. I wanna see how Anri fought Medeus when he was a dragon. Also, this scene kind of paints a vivid picture of what will happen in Three Houses. Not just the fact that there will be war or such, but that even one that seemed pure and calm like Seiros ends up showing that she will fight and kill someone in her anger. 

1 hour ago, Troykv said:

Wow, Seiros it's a powerful.

Oh damn... the way she kills Nemesis is quite... emotional... I wonder what kind of relationship they had before this conflict... he seems quite shocked when Seiros mentions the Red Canyon.

There's a paralogue by Sothis that has you apparently visit the Red Canyon. 

Perhaps that's where Sothis was "killed" by Nemesis. 

1306193020_FireEmblemHasBlood!.png.5eb97969ba00679d90e963713800e5bd.png

Now all they need is to implement Mount & Blades blood system into the game, and I'll be extremely happy.

Seriously though, this is a great cutscene. Sure, it has a ton of prerelease footage in a single scene, but what Fire Emblem game isn't guilty of that to some degree? The fight was brutal and a joy to watch, and I was pleasantly surprised by the short bit of hand-to-hand. I hope the rest of the games cutscenes that have battles are like this.

AND BLOOD!!! YES!!! THEY AREN'T HIDING IT AND THE ESRB RATING ISN'T LYING!!! PLEASE KEEP HAVE IT THROUGHOUT THE REST OF THE GAME AND NOT IN A FEW SCENES!!!!!

I think something might be wrong with me.

And because there wasn't blood when we first saw the scene...

Spoiler

022-dimitri-dirt-300x169.jpg

I'm placing bets now that this moment will be a lot more brutal in the full version of the game.

Also, since Seiros mentioned her mother...

Spoiler

I'm taking a guess that it's the dragon that the legendary weapons of this game were made out of? It would definitely explain why she was so unhinged at killing Nemesis in the final moments of the fight, and why she embraced the sword like she did. I don't really know how else someone is supposed to react to their parent being killed and their corpse being turned into some powerful weapons. It would also explain why the sword was buried with her.

Speaking of Seiros, I find it a lot more believable now that a monastery also houses an officers academy, and why church militants are an enemy faction. I can also see how the church has a "darker side" beyond simple corruption.

My current theory is that Sothis was the goddess*, Seiros was her daughter.

Nemesis (aka Liberation King) was like Rudolf in SoV, wants to rid of dragon rulers. Nemesis killed Sothis at Red Canyon, may have Seiros involved*. He then turn Sothis into powerful weapons. This would explain why Seiros would speak to the sword like her mother, and was buried with it.

* Various evidence we have currently suggested Sothis is the goddess. Her power is called Divine Pulse, her crest is the Crest of Flame, and she called herself "the creator" in her introduction.

* There could be deeper relationship between Seiros and Nemesis beyond the surface. Nemesis is also known as Adrasteia, which was the empire Seiros created and ruled. I am guessing Nemesis was either Seiros' father or husband, and he might have used Seiros in his plan to kill Sothis, which further explains her anger toward him.

If we want to go crazier, maybe the weird sequence was soul of Sothis went to other worlds until she was summoned back just prior to the game began.

Edited by Timlugia

I am bothered by the fact that Seiros punched Nemesis when shield bashing was a better option. I should seriously watch less HEMA youtubers. That said i also got the vibe of "Sophitia main vs Ivy main" lol.

Edited by Flere210

7 minutes ago, Flere210 said:

I am bothered by the fact that Seiros punched Nemesis when shield bashing was a better option. I should seriously watch less HEMA youtubers. That said i also got the vibe of "Sophitia main vs Ivy main" lol.

She also kicked him early but he block it, during one of fast sequences.

I guess Seiros punching the shit out of Nemesis explains why Rhea teaches Byleth in their brawling skill level 😛

I have a good theory about the "modern city" shot. I believe that modern city is from OUR world not anything TMS related(since I heavily doubt they'll make a collab spin-off canon to the mainline games) similarly to Kiran in Heroes. Since from one footage it seems it transitions into picking our Avatars gender more specifically choosing our "form" we take as in transferring our soul into Byleth's. I also think it'll go Pokemon style or even Persona where someone asks us for our name and we input it there. Makes even more sense when Byleth has more controlled dialogue as the player chooses certain things to say actually feeling like your actually talking instead of it being pre-existing like past Avatars and emphasis that "YOU are the hero the world needs" which also gives me Bravely Second endgame spoiler vibes. This also happened in Let's Go where it felt WE are that main character from the beginning. I strongly feel that's what that whole transition symbolizes which I feel will get explained in the game.

Edited by Dorothea Joestar Arnold

I really liked the attack, but I wish they'd at least had Nemesis react to it, rather than just standing still while Seiros runs up and punches him in the face. If he'd tried to punch Seiros, only to have her dodge and then punch him, it would have worked better. Just nitpicking though. It's a cool scene.

59 minutes ago, Onestep said:

I really liked the attack, but I wish they'd at least had Nemesis react to it, rather than just standing still while Seiros runs up and punches him in the face. If he'd tried to punch Seiros, only to have her dodge and then punch him, it would have worked better. Just nitpicking though. It's a cool scene.

That is true. Then again, we do have a case of how despite this being a battlefield, the entire army stops fighting and just watches their battle.

And how Edelgard needs to be saved from a bandit that she clearly sees coming and is preparing to counter him that somehow needs Byleth to take the hit and use the Divine Pulse. 

5 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

That is true. Then again, we do have a case of how despite this being a battlefield, the entire army stops fighting and just watches their battle.

Dueling like this between two leaders are very common in Eastern literature through, like Romance of Three Kingdom or various Japanese historical drama.

Consider Koei is best known for it's adoption of Romance games, it's not hard to see where the influence from.

So someone posted an even longer version of the game opening. Audio volume is very low for some reason but it answers why Sothis showed up at the end of the GS intro.

Seems like the very first scene in the game, outside of the intro, is actually the MC interacting with Sothis. In fact, even choosing your name and gender is done in game as part of introducing yourself to Sothis. I didn't expect Sothis to show up quite that soon, interesting.

Side note, I like what I can hear of her music theme.

1 hour ago, Mad_Scientist said:

So someone posted an even longer version of the game opening. Audio volume is very low for some reason but it answers why Sothis showed up at the end of the GS intro.

Seems like the very first scene in the game, outside of the intro, is actually the MC interacting with Sothis. In fact, even choosing your name and gender is done in game as part of introducing yourself to Sothis. I didn't expect Sothis to show up quite that soon, interesting.

Side note, I like what I can hear of her music theme.

Ha so my theory is already going somewhere nice! ^_^

20 hours ago, Onestep said:

Honestly not sold on Nemesis being an out and out villain. His whole character kind of reminds me of Rudolph overall.

Personally, I love how Nemesis isn't saying anything at all. His face is dead serious cold and that's it. A serious contrast to Seiros.
Calling it, Nemesis is a well intentioned extremist, or heck, not even an extremist, a guy who pissed the wrong girl.

Not often that you piss off a girl with Epitath and King Crimson after all.

Edited by B.Leu

I might be looking a bit too deep into this but...

Is it just me or does the skyscraper at the end of the opening cinematic look like it has the SS symbol on it? 

Schutzstaffel_SS.svg.png

Edited by Modern

1 hour ago, B.Leu said:

Personally, I love how Nemesis isn't saying anything at all. His face is dead serious cold and that's it. A serious contrast to Seiros.
Calling it, Nemesis is a well intentioned extremist, or heck, not even an extremist, a guy who pissed the wrong girl.

Not often that you piss off a girl with Epitath and King Crimson after all.

I don't know, the implication of the opening was that Nemesis slaughtered Seiros's entire family in some sort of "Red Canyon" incident, so while I wouldn't at all be surprised if he was well intentioned, he probably is definitely an extremist.

Unless of course he wasn't actually responsible for the red canyon incident and the loss of everyone Seiros ever loved, but was falsely blamed for it. Which I could potentially see being a twist reveal.

1 hour ago, Modern said:

I might be looking a bit too deep into this but...

Is it just me or does the skyscraper at the end of the opening cinematic look like it has the SS symbol on it? 

I noticed that too! But it's gotta be just a coincidence. Nevertheless, it's strange that it's there and got past Nintendo's "censors" in the first place. That's the kind of content NoE/NoA would never allow in the games they publish.

1 minute ago, Helsionium said:

I noticed that too! But it's gotta be just a coincidence. Nevertheless, it's strange that it's there and got past Nintendo's "censors" in the first place. That's the kind of content NoE/NoA would never allow in the games they publish.

Well this is new better Nintendo not new worse Sony.