Fire Emblem Three Houses Movie (spoilers)

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Helsionium said:

I noticed that too! But it's gotta be just a coincidence. Nevertheless, it's strange that it's there and got past Nintendo's "censors" in the first place. That's the kind of content NoE/NoA would never allow in the games they publish.

It most likely is a coincidence, but I'm still extremely surprised of the visual in general. A skyscraper of all things? Does this mean we're getting some future-sight stuff at the end of the game? So many questions from a blink-and-you'll-miss-it shot, god damn. 

1 minute ago, omegaxis1 said:

In regards to the skyscrapers thing, do you mean this:
i4r6u2kqj2a31.png

Yes. No matter how I look at it, that looks like a modern building to me, which is bloody weird. 

1 minute ago, Modern said:

Yes. No matter how I look at it, that looks like a modern building to me, which is bloody weird. 

For Fire Emblem, definitely.

But I mentioned the buildings more because of how people are saying it looks like this weird symbol that oughta be censored. Cause I don't see the resemblance.

1 minute ago, Druplesnubb said:

Not as weird as people reading SS imagery into it, though

That's why I said I might've been looking too deep into it. But that image doesn't show what I was referring to, here's what I mean. 

It could just be a weird visual effect but it bears a weirdly striking resemblance to the logo. 

1563013707735.jpg

Looks like considerable potential for drama right here. And it is peculiar admittedly.

I'd rather it not spread because I can already see the headlines, but it's not like I can stop people from looking at things.

7 minutes ago, Cysx said:

Looks like considerable potential for drama right here. And it is peculiar admittedly.

I'd rather it not spread because I can already see the headlines, but it's not like I can stop people from looking at things.

I'm honestly not offended since I seriously doubt they're going to pull something like having a twist involving future-nazis, just found it to be a surprising resemblance. 

1 minute ago, Modern said:

I'm honestly not offended since I seriously doubt they're going to pull something like having a twist involving future-nazis, just found it to be a surprising resemblance. 

Yeah no, most people probably won't be, but I feel like it doesn't take much sometimes. Especially with how random this is.

14 hours ago, Dorothea Joestar Arnold said:

I have a good theory about the "modern city" shot. I believe that modern city is from OUR world not anything TMS related(since I heavily doubt they'll make a collab spin-off canon to the mainline games) similarly to Kiran in Heroes. Since from one footage it seems it transitions into picking our Avatars gender more specifically choosing our "form" we take as in transferring our soul into Byleth's. I also think it'll go Pokemon style or even Persona where someone asks us for our name and we input it there. Makes even more sense when Byleth has more controlled dialogue as the player chooses certain things to say actually feeling like your actually talking instead of it being pre-existing like past Avatars and emphasis that "YOU are the hero the world needs" which also gives me Bravely Second endgame spoiler vibes. This also happened in Let's Go where it felt WE are that main character from the beginning. I strongly feel that's what that whole transition symbolizes which I feel will get explained in the game.

If I can put my my two cents, I think there's less Meta Player-Avatar interaction involved and more of the fact it's hinted Sothis' Main Domain is Omniscience:

I mean, the in-universe explanation for Divine Pulse is that Byleth has watered down version of Sothis' power and said power allows seeing all present, past and future outcomes in a short span of time. Couple it with Sothis' sole voice clip in the latest E3 Trailer infers that she's quite familiar with the idea of someone witnessing two wildly different timelines, and I won't be surprised if the flashing images are just her Slumbering Self's Subconscious trying to look at all possible Time Periods of Fodlán's Timeline from Prehistory to a Modern(or even Sci-fi)-looking Age and Beyond...

Edited by AstraSage

3 hours ago, Mad_Scientist said:

I don't know, the implication of the opening was that Nemesis slaughtered Seiros's entire family in some sort of "Red Canyon" incident, so while I wouldn't at all be surprised if he was well intentioned, he probably is definitely an extremist.

Unless of course he wasn't actually responsible for the red canyon incident and the loss of everyone Seiros ever loved, but was falsely blamed for it. Which I could potentially see being a twist reveal.

Putting a family into something called the Red Canyon, doesn't seem to be very smart. 😛
But yeah I gotcha, seems just a tad too obvious for a plot twist, with that and Nemesis showing so little emotion.

2 hours ago, omegaxis1 said:

In regards to the skyscrapers thing, do you mean this:
i4r6u2kqj2a31.png

I dunno guys, if you look at the left one, it looks just too thin to be a skyscraper, now that I look more closely, it looks more like a monolith with runes on it and some white light things on the side. The one on the right and the one right after looks like they and their... blue power light are disolving into the green... sun... hole.
Look at the right one, it has the same 'runes' one it, but some of them seem to be directly swallowed into the green... thing.

36 minutes ago, B.Leu said:

I dunno guys, if you look at the left one, it looks just too thin to be a skyscraper, now that I look more closely, it looks more like a monolith with runes on it and some white light things on the side. The one on the right and the one right after looks like they and their... blue power light are disolving into the green... sun... hole.

That would make sense. I was a bit skeptical about it being actually skyscrapers. Fire Emblem has generally always steered clear of things like modern technology. Though Awakening was very close to being set in modern times before they decided that they oughta stick to the medieval era, just so that it fits with Fire Emblem.

Despite looking a bit choppy in certain scenes, it looks to be higher quality than in Echoes. The opening really wants to sell the game as a gritty war story with brown, blood, and violence. Curious to know why are the modern events are in the transition.

L’Arachel: H-how rude you are! If I were not a holy woman, I would beat you senseless.

I see what L’Arachel is talking about.

On 7/13/2019 at 12:05 PM, B.Leu said:

Look at the right one, it has the same 'runes' one it, but some of them seem to be directly swallowed into the green... thing.

If you look at footage of the Flayn and Seteth paralogue, the grave that they mention has a strong resemblance to the structures shown here, down to the glowing runes. My guess is that they're not skyscrapers, but the resting place of Seiros or the goddess.

Edited by Ygg
typo

• 3 weeks later...

My personal head cannon is that this game would be at the end of one of the timelines

• The people of fodland have no knowledge/recollection of the manakete this is probably the church's doing but still
  • Spoiler

The fact that crest stones can turn people into beast

as if the it's a dragonstone but the abilities of the stone don't properly work on humans. (at this point I haven't completed the game so idk)
  • Spoiler

Claude's goal is to break down the barriers of culture differences,

in our world this brought on a area of technological advancement.
  • Spoiler

"the javelin of light" are basically missiles and up until now its only been bows and ballistas

it dose'nt sound too far off to say advancement is approaching rapidly

There's plenty of holes and inconsistencies but you get the point it's something to thin about