Three Houses Previews

Nio

19 minutes ago, Dorothea Joestar Arnold said:

Now people can stop wondering about Byleth's age confirmed to be around the same as the students from Ferdinand like there was any doubt there.

In which preview did you read that

So couple things from the previews:

There is a Bow Knight class, it needs C in Lances and A in Riding and Bow.

We can equip different skills. Looks like we can use the old skills we learned.

Monks have Magic +2 and Draw Back, which lets you drag a friendly unit backward by one space.

Cyril confirmed playable

Edited by Nio

2 minutes ago, Nio said:

There is a Bow Knight class, it needs C in Lances and A in Riding and Bow.

So Master tier confirmed, then?  These requirements are much higher than for any other class we've seen so far.

Which preview had this?

15 hours ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

So Master tier confirmed, then?  These requirements are much higher than for any other class we've seen so far.

Which preview had this?

Polygon's https://www.polygon.com/guides/2019/7/12/20690742/fire-emblem-three-houses-class-system-units-skill-levels-certification-test

15 hours ago, HappyHawlucha. said:

So it appears class skills can be obtained by mastering a class; as well as active abilities like Draw Back(I'm guessing they'll take up a class skill slot in order to use it too).

Yeah seems like it, so it looks like those skills that we get from mastering can be used on another class latter, so stuff like steal can be used by any previews thief, i think? Not sure on that one.

1 minute ago, Nio said:

Hmmm...  I wonder what else we might see.  The Halberdier class's chances of making it in as a Master tier class seem low unless they need something like an S Rank in Lances.  Lances are objectively the best of the traditional Triangle weapon types, after all.

In one of Kotaku's videos a lady said that increasing the bond with students from other houses helps recruit them and she was able to get Sylvain early on. I dont know how truth is that, given that we need to meet the stat/skill requirements, maybe it lowers them?

20 minutes ago, Nio said:

We can equip different skills. Looks like we can use the old skills we learned.

What do you mean by this?

Are you talking about class skills or weapon skills?

Because i thought we knew about weapon skills being equippable.

Just now, User name said:

What do you mean by this?

Are you talking about class skills or weapon skills?

Because i thought we knew about weapon skills being equippable.

Class skills. Dont quote me on that, its in the polygon article https://www.polygon.com/guides/2019/7/12/20690742/fire-emblem-three-houses-class-system-units-skill-levels-certification-test

From what i understand, you can get skills via the exp bar from mastering a class. Those skills that we get can be changed, having 5 at the same time. What i get is kinda what we had in Awakening/Fates, so if you are a thief and you learned steal, you can equip that latter in other class. Again, not sure, but that is what i got from that.

6 minutes ago, Onestep said:

Also, Byleth seems to have some nutty growth rates.

1562941120478.png

Lol not surprising he's an Avatar unit

Also for those that want the Ferdinand quote:

Ferdinand: I hear we are rather close in age Professor.

I hope you do not mind if we treat you like one of us.

There you go

Edited by Dorothea Joestar Arnold

7 minutes ago, Onestep said:

Also, Byleth seems to have some nutty growth rates.

1562941120478.png

Just one level, just one level. Their level ups weren't that impressive in the numerous King of Beasts videos we got.

3 minutes ago, Cysx said:

Just one level, just one level. Their level ups weren't that impressive in the numerous King of Beasts videos we got.

True enough.

Also, here's that Sothis affection gain.

1562941387100.jpg

Edited by Onestep

3 minutes ago, Dorothea Joestar Arnold said:

Even then their growths will still be really good as common Avatar units go.

Yeah, even this one wasn't bad. Not that high, but in the right places for a melee bruiser. If Byleth's base strength is 13, then he's been getting a point of STR almost every level up, assuming one class test or another gave him two free STR. If a class didn't do that, then Byleth has literally gained a point of STR every level for 15 levels.

1560356504164.jpg

Edited by Onestep

I'm more curious about the amount of customization we get on that aspect, seems that sword strength is a given, but what else can we do? Can we choose which stats are going to be good? Can we choose some weapons he/she's good in and some that he's bad with? I really want to make my Byleth a dedicated lance user, I hope it's possible.

https://www.gamereactor.eu/video/452943/Fire+Emblem+Three+Houses+Full+Game+Intro/

And here is a Fire Emblem Three Houses Opening Video. Most of it we've seen before in various chunks, but there's some new stuff, including Male Byleth and Sothis performing some kind of rite. Or maybe just trying to touch hands.

Edited by Onestep

6 minutes ago, Onestep said:

https://www.gamereactor.eu/video/452943/Fire+Emblem+Three+Houses+Full+Game+Intro/

And here is a Fire Emblem Three Houses Opening Video. Most of it we've seen before in various chunks, but there's some new stuff, including Male Byleth and Sothis performing some kind of rite.

Yeah, we get to see the mourning scene under the rain much better, and it's pretty much obviously Jeralt lying there. Guess that was his fate after all:

LXqkkNZ.jpg

The emphasis on the sword of the creator and the axe specifically when we know other bone weapons exist is very interesting, too. And I'm going to assume this "fusion" of Sothis and Byleth is the reason for the white hair, because why not. The closed eyes and outstretched hand seem to match the changing scene.

Edited by Cysx