Three Houses Previews

Nio

Just now, Cysx said:

Yeah, we get to see the mourning scene under the rain much better, and it's pretty much obviously Jeralt lying there. Guess that was his fate after all.

The emphasis on the sword of the creator and the axe specifically when we know other bone weapons exist is very interesting, too. And I'm going to assume this "fusion" of Sothis and Byleth is the reason for the white hair, because why not.

Surprise to no one.....well time to get our mothers wedding ring.

34 minutes ago, Onestep said:

Also, Byleth seems to have some nutty growth rates.

or byleth's first level up is sort of scripted

but i wouldn't be suprrised to see stupidly high growth rates, considering awakening and fates' ones

Edited by Yexin

I noticed in the first battle preview there was a Terrain type called 'wasteland' that said it was difficult for cavalry to pass through. it didn't look like anything crazy, so maybe it'll be fairly common as a check against cavs?

2 hours ago, timon said:

I'm more curious about the amount of customization we get on that aspect, seems that sword strength is a given, but what else can we do? Can we choose which stats are going to be good? Can we choose some weapons he/she's good in and some that he's bad with? I really want to make my Byleth a dedicated lance user, I hope it's possible.

I share this worry as well since we've constantly seen Byleth have the same strengths and hidden talent (Faith)

There was a new preview posted, this time by somebody who's 40 hours in. Honestly, the biggest takeaway for me is the enemy we see using Aura near the beginning, which confirms that there will be Light Magic outside of Nosferatu. We also see that there's a map later in Part One with Jeralt and some generic students fighting Demonic Beasts.

5 minutes ago, BastienSoul said:

There was a new preview posted, this time by somebody who's 40 hours in. Honestly, the biggest takeaway for me is the enemy we see using Aura near the beginning, which confirms that there will be Light Magic outside of Nosferatu. We also see that there's a map later in Part One with Jeralt and some generic students fighting Demonic Beasts.

Good catch! At least they have something to attack with. Maybe there is some use as an offensive class, specially Holy Knights.

23 hours ago, Onestep said:

Also, Byleth seems to have some nutty growth rates.

1562941120478.png

I'm... kinda skeptical. Especially of that 13 base strength.

39 minutes ago, Nio said:

Good catch! At least they have something to attack with. Maybe there is some use as an offensive class, specially Holy Knights.

I wonder if characters will specialize in different types of Faith spells, like how they specialize in specific elements of Reason magic. Maybe some will focus on healing, others on combat, and the rest on utility (stuff like Rescue or Warp).

48 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

I mean, I went against the reasoning itself, but I'll be the first to say that Byleth, like every avatar before them, will be broken. Avatars are power fantasies after all.

2 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

The bases seem right. Edelgard even has a base of 14 STR. Bases in general seem high in this game.

Byleth also has 28 STR at level 15 (?) I believe, so he'd need a high base to reach that, even with ridiculous growths.

Edited by Onestep

This dude who's seen in the theme song scenes riding on a horse; I'm gonna take a guess and say it's Claude's dad. I can see a resemblance anyway and something Thani said kind of lines up with his design:

Spoiler

Namely he looks a bit nomadic and he's supposedly the Prince of Almyra; a foreign nation.

20190713_174241.jpg

20 minutes ago, HappyHawlucha. said:

This dude who's seen in the theme song scenes riding on a horse; I'm gonna take a guess and say it's Claude's dad. I can see a resemblance anyway and something Thani said kind of lines up with his design:

Reveal hidden contents

Namely he looks a bit nomadic and he's supposedly the Prince of Almyra; a foreign nation.

20190713_174241.jpg

I like that guess. Although, everyone assumed Cyril was Claude's brother, and he turned to be an unrelated orphan.

Edited by Ace Flashheart
Accidentally posted before I finished typing, sorry.

7 hours ago, Cysx said:

I mean, I went against the reasoning itself, but I'll be the first to say that Byleth, like every avatar before them, will be broken. Avatars are power fantasies after all.

6 hours ago, Onestep said:

The bases seem right. Edelgard even has a base of 14 STR. Bases in general seem high in this game.

Byleth also has 28 STR at level 15 (?) I believe, so he'd need a high base to reach that, even with ridiculous growths.

The problem is, that sounds way too good to be true, and if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. Sigurd was the only lord to have double-digit strength starting out, but (1) he was at level 5, and (2) he was already promoted.

4 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

The problem is, that sounds way too good to be true, and if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. Sigurd was the only lord to have double-digit strength starting out, but (1) he was at level 5, and (2) he was already promoted.

https://uk.ign.com/wikis/fire-emblem-three-houses/Byleth

Bases are high across the board, though his Strength is definitely the stand-out stat.

9 minutes ago, Onestep said:

https://uk.ign.com/wikis/fire-emblem-three-houses/Byleth

Bases are high across the board, though his Strength is definitely the stand-out stat.

Once again, I'm extremely hesitant to take that at face value - for all we know, they could have purposefully inflated stats, and it might not be that way once the game is actually released.

6 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

Once again, I'm extremely hesitant to take that at face value - for all we know, they could have purposefully inflated stats, and it might not be that way once the game is actually released.

I'm pretty sure all the (p)reviewers have the final version of the game.

30 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

They aren't playing a demo. They're playing the game we're getting.