FE16 Same-Sex Relationship Discussion

20 minutes ago, xchickengirlx said:

Yet even then, we are the vocal minority and are not the target audience for Three Houses in the eyes of IS. I had hoped IS would have done better since Fates, but nope. Not to me at least.

V_V Just becasue someone is neither the target audience or the majority, it doesn't mean they shouldn't try to make their voices heard here. IS could have easily done mlm options justice, and they failed miserably. And I would think letting them THINK they did a good job is even worst here honestly. 

I know the chances are IS won't try to fix things or make it better, but who knows...maybe if they got enough backlash they would make things better in FE17(Assuming it had S supports and such of course).....I might a bit too dramatic right now lmao, but yeah I'm also feeling very salty right now.

• Replies 724
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

33 minutes ago, xchickengirlx said:

I hate to sound so salty and pessimistic. I have nothing against the wlw lgbt folks either. I know some of them feel like they are being thrown under the bus for being happy about the wlw choices, because of what IS has done with the mlm choices.

I mean no I’ll will at all, so please don’t take it that way.

As a gay woman, I gotta admit I've had to navigate this whole thing carefully, because that's how it's felt over and over. This isn't me saying you're doing it, btw, so much as me just using this as a jumping off point, but it would be nice if people were a little more conscientious about this. Not so much in Serenes Forest, thankfully, but let me tell you, I sure am tired of all the people in the fandom in general I've seen implying only straight men could ever like the bi female options in Three Houses.

I quite like them, thank you! And I'm also disappointed in the bi options for men! It doesn't have to be mutually exclusive.

Edited by Llorona
redundancy lol

4 hours ago, Owain Dark said:
  Hide contents

The leaks/datamines said Claude and Raphael were options sometime, but got dummied in the final version. 

We still can hope, that they undummy them via updates/patches. So it would be 3/4 and not 1/4

That's rather.... Scummy and unfortunate oof. Hopefully they add it back in sometime if that is the case.

1 hour ago, Llorona said:

This isn't me saying you're doing it, btw, so much as me just using this as a jumping off point, but it would be nice if people were a little more conscientious about this.

You want to talk lack of conscientiousness, then let's mosey on over to GameFAQs.  There's a thread that was only started yesterday there that has reached over 350 posts and it's all about how the female gay options is just "Japan being Japan" instead of IS being "LGBT friendly", and they all talk up the appeal of "yuri" like it was made for them - heterosexual males.  People there think the world revolves around them and that everything and everyone else is there for their amusement - including gay women.  Oh, and they gush over scantily-clad 14 year-old girls.

Or else they're a troglodyte named Endgame who hates every Fire Emblem game except Sacred Stones and thinks Fates: Conquest is piss easy, except he never explains why it's so easy because it's so obvious and anyone who doesn't see it is just bandwagoning sheeple.

1 hour ago, Rose482 said:

V_V Just becasue someone is neither the target audience or the majority, it doesn't mean they shouldn't try to make their voices heard here. IS could have easily done mlm options justice, and they failed miserably. And I would think letting them THINK they did a good job is even worst here honestly. 

^ This person gets the idea.

The reason marginalized people in media continue to be marginalized is because people always justify "whitewashing" by saying stuff along the lines of "well, but they aren't the target audience".

You know, back when movies were just starting to be made, gay people were pretty much never the target audience.  And back in the old days of gaming, video games were "meant" for boys, not girls.

Fact is, if the LGBTQ community doesn't express their opinions on matters in the first place, they will never get the representation they deserve.  Right now, at best, we can expect most games to maybe either create awful stereotypes of queer or trans characters, make them walking, talking hamfisted sociopolitical commentaries, or, at best, give them substandard representation that, while a step in the right direction, is still below par.

It may not always be pretty when such opinions are voiced and discussed.  But then again, it's also not pretty growing up believing you must conform to "societal norms" because media never showed you a different way to live, thus living with a complex concoction of self-hatred, doubt, depression, and lack of belonging.

2 minutes ago, Ertrick36 said:

You want to talk lack of conscientiousness, then let's mosey on over to GameFAQs.  There's a thread that was only started yesterday there that has reached over 350 posts and it's all about how the female gay options is just "Japan being Japan" instead of IS being "LGBT friendly", and they all talk up the appeal of "yuri" like it was made for them - heterosexual males.  People there think the world revolves around them and that everything and everyone else is there for their amusement - including gay women.  Oh, and they gush over scantily-clad 14 year-old girls.

Or else they're a troglodyte named Endgame who hates every Fire Emblem game except Sacred Stones and thinks Fates: Conquest is piss easy, except he never explains why it's so easy because it's so obvious and anyone who doesn't see it is just bandwagoning sheeple.

Oh my god, I can't even look at Gamefaqs anymore lol. I'd just get mad. Because of things exactly like what you talked about.

That is why I said not so much in Serenes Forest, lol, but I can see I might not have been clear enough.

11 minutes ago, Llorona said:

Oh my god, I can't even look at Gamefaqs anymore lol. I'd just get mad. Because of things exactly like what you talked about.

That is why I said not so much in Serenes Forest, lol, but I can see I might not have been clear enough.

Honestly it's so awful. It's the reason that I tend to avoid talking about it outside of LGBT-focused groups, simply because there's so much homophobia in some parts of this community. And even in those groups, I've seen some blatant lesbophobia because of the different amounts of supports. Including some person who decided that the lesbian reviewer who first revealed the same sex S supports was just lying because she was a lesbian? Not really sure how that thought process worked.

And yeah Serenes Forest is generally good, though we've had the occasional person who came into this thread to say that we need to stop talking about same sex relationships because "it's not the main focus of the game." Even had one person private message me to say he was homophobic, among other things (though that message emerged from a different thread discussing the need for representation and people complaining that was the reason games had bad stories)

16 minutes ago, Llorona said:

Oh no, you were plenty clear.  I just mention it because I visit that site a lot (for some ungodly reason that no amount of my self-reflecting can figure out).  On the same coin, though, they also spread a lot of misinformation, mainly suggesting that there are m|m pairings for Byleth outside of what exists when said pairings are, like everyone else said, dummy texts that are unused.

That said, there was one bit they touched on that I think SF glossed over on account of the collective outrage over the all the revelations with the m|m options.

Spoiler

That point is that apparently Dorothea is basically a lesbian for the most part, the only male she's able to romance being Byleth.  Of note there are a few women with whom she gets flirty and romantic with, and allegedly she has romantic endings with them.  This is all second-hand information on my account, but it doesn't really sound unreasonable.

But yeah, generally speaking, not a great place to be unless you're a heterosexual male, are a predator/deviant, and/or are lacking in morals and basic human decency.  If you're someone who wants representation for ethnic minorities, for LGBTQ people, or any other such marginalized people, then you aren't welcome there.  Or if you aren't okay with people being creepy-ass pedophiles and voice your displeasure with the things they say, you aren't welcome because the mods there seem all too intent on cultivating a pedo-friendly community for whatever reason (no joke, I once got modded for calling out someone for such behaviors, and another time I was called an idiot for railing against such things and those people didn't get modded one bit).

But I've derailed this discussion enough talking about that dumpster fire.

31 minutes ago, firewitch912 said:

And yeah Serenes Forest is generally good, though we've had the occasional person who came into this thread to say that we need to stop talking about same sex relationships because "it's not the main focus of the game." Even had one person private message me to say he was homophobic, among other things (though that message emerged from a different thread discussing the need for representation and people complaining that was the reason games had bad stories)

Okay, not sure what the deal with that PM is, but I feel a lot of those people are either trolls or ambivalent to sociopolitical issues.

At most, I've seen someone just pop in to mock/criticize more serious people, and then you never hear from them again - in many cases, that's the only contribution to the community they have made within the span of half a year-or-so and it'll be that same amount of time before they contribute again with a similarly detached, tone-deaf comment.  In other words, they show up just to egg on other people, and then f*** off into lala land until the next heated discussion comes around for them to do the same exact thing.  Which is why they deserve no attention, and why they usually receive such because quite frankly no one gives a damn what they think and no one should give a damn.

So this isn't too relevant, it might have been a few pages ago, but I decided to sort all FE6-9 Supports by how the two characters end up by the end of the A rank, and the shared character ending if extant.

Guidelines: SS means same-sex support, OS means opposite-sex support. Bold in the description means two-sided romance is a possibility, but not necessarily certain. Bold in the pairing label itself means twos-sided romance is certain.

FEs6-9: How each A Support/Character Ending Has the Two Characters Ending Up:

Binding Blade (Note- nobody but Roy has paired endings.):

Spoiler
  1. OS RoyxLilina- Paired ending marriage, ending heavily hints at the romance.
  2. SS RoyxMarcus- Lord and vassal.
  3. SS RoyxWolt- Friendship, arguably brotherhood. But Wolt wants to keep it Lord-Vassal.
  4. OS RoyxCecilia- Mentor-apprentice and friendship. Paired ending indicates marriage.
  5. OS RoyxSophia- Paired ending shows marriage, hinted at beforehand.
  6. OS RoyxSue- Paired ending shows marriage. Yet the end of the A left open the possibility of just friendship with Sue returning to Sacae.
  7. OS RoyxShanna- Paired ending shows marriage. Roy doesn’t explicitly express love at the end, but Shanna thinks it’s possible he meant that and is considering it.
  8. OS RoyxLarum- Paired ending shows marriage. Larum wants love, as explicitly said in the B support.
  9. SS RoyxAllen- Lord and vassal discussing strategy.
  10. SS RoyxLance- Lord and vassal.
  11. SS MarcusxAllen- Mentor/superior and student/inferior sharing a liege.
  12. SS MarcusxLance- Mentor/superior and student/inferior sharing a liege. 
  13. SS MarcusxWolt- Superior and inferior sharing a liege.
  14. OS MarcusxLilina- A lord’s female friend and their old vassal. Not quite casual friends themselves.
  15. OS AllenxTate- Implied that Tate was looking for love, and Allen couldn’t see it. Would easily lead into a paired ending if they existed.
  16. SS AllenxWolt- Friendship.
  17. SS AllenxLance- Friendship.
  18. SS AllenxWade- Friendship.
  19. SS LancexWolt- Friendship.
  20. SS LancexLot- Friendship.
  21. OS LancexClarine- Clarine asks if Lance was disappointed if her saying that letting him his her hand didn’t mean love, only affirming the difference in status between the two. Lance is outright oblivious. And Clarine then stumbles and denies she asked about the disappointment, meaning she is in love.
  22. OS WoltxSue- Friendship. I don’t see romance, other than maybe a little hint in Sue letting Wolt ride with her.
  23. OS BorsxLilina- It is on the surface just liege and vassal. But, the A support ends endearingly enough for both characters that romance could certainly be teased out, particularly with the suggestion Roy might be outgrowing Lilina, Bors’s rival for her love.
  24. SS BorsxBarthe- Friendship.
  25. OS BorsxGwendolyn- Siblings.
  26. SS BorsxAstolfo- A professional relationship, but also some friendship.
  27. SS BorsxOgier- Friendship.
  28. SS ElenxMelady- Friendship.
  29. OS ElenxZeiss- The A support is close enough to a proposal without saying it.
  30. OS ElenxSaul- One-sided love, the other thinks it all a farce.
  31. OS ElenxLugh- Friendship.
  32. OS ElenxChad- Friendship.
  33. SS DekexWade- Boss and underling.
  34. SS DekexLott- Boss and underling.
  35. OS DekexShanna- Boss and underling.
  36. OS DekexClarine- Savior and sister of the saved.
  37. SS DekexKlein- Lord and his former guardian, once like a brothers for the young lord.
  38. SS DekexRutger- Reluctant friendship and rivalry.
  39. OS WadexShanna- Stuttering means love.
  40. SS WadexLot- Friendship.
  41. OS WadexEchidna- Friendship.
  42. OS LotxShanna- Friendship. Shanna calls Lot a brother, he doesn’t react in any way to suggest he would want more.
  43. OS LotxEchidna- Friendship. Lot might have affections for Echidna, but it is much too little to say with any certainty.
  44. SS ShannaxJuno- Sisters.
  45. SS ShannaxTate- Sisters.
  46. OS ShannaxZelot- Sister-in-law and her much older brother-in-law.
  47. SS ChadxLugh- “Big” brother and little brother.
  48. SS ChadxRaigh- Family.
  49. OS ChadxCath- One-sided partnership, Chad doesn’t want to be in it.
  50. SS ChadxHugh- Friendship.
  51. SS LughxRaigh- Twin brothers.
  52. SS LughxHugh- Friends, and by FE7, retconned into implied cousins.
  53. OS LughxMelady- Friendship.
  54. OS ClarinexKlein- Siblings.
  55. OS ClarinexRutger- That ice cold and antisocial Rutger would ask noisy Clarine to be with him once in a while, says he has seriously softened to her, even if he wouldn’t admit it.
  56. SS ClarinexDorothy- Friendship with a mentorship in being a lady.
  57. SS RutgerxDayan- Kutolah clan leader and possible new clan recruit.
  58. SS RutgerxKarel- Elder and brash young one.
  59. OS RutgerxFir- Fledging myrmidon and edgy myrmidon.
  60. OS SaulxDorothy- Maybe love from Dorothy for Saul? I can’t quite tell. Saul would have few qualms with any woman’s love. Also, anti-gay joke in here. Otherwise, it’s disgruntled bodyguard and philandering body.
  61. SS SaulxJoder- Elder priest and younger priest.
  62. OS SaulxCecilia- One-sided love, and maybe friendship on the other?
  63. OS SaulxIgrene- One-sided love, that turns into a confessor and a good helping priest.
  64. OS DorothyxPerceval- Friendship, no hints of romance.
  65. OS DorothyxJoder- Elder and young one.
  66. OS DorothyxSin- Friendship.
  67. OS SuexDayan- Grandfather and granddaughter.
  68. OS SuexSin- I can see this as romantic, even if nothing outright says it. If paired endings existed, this would likely get one.
  69. SS SuexFae- Friendship.
  70. SS ZelotxNoah- Boss and underling.
  71. SS ZelotxTrec- Boss and underling.
  72. OS ZelotxJuno- Pre-established husband and wife, with a baby.
  73. OS ZelotxTate- Brother-in-law and sister-in-law.
  74. SS TrecxNoah- Friendship.
  75. OS TrecxMelady- Friendship.
  76. SS TrecxGonzales- Friendship.
  77. OS TrecxJuno- Friendship.
  78. OS NoahxFir- End with “I love you”.
  79. OS NoahxJuno- Friendship.
  80. SS NoahxKarel- The saved and the savior.
  81. OS AstolfoxLilina- Liege and vassal.
  82. SS AstolfoxBarthe- Professional relationship with a little friendship.
  83. OS AstolfoxGwendolyn- Two vassals with one a bit critical of the other.
  84. OS AstolfoxIgrene- It’s certainly romantic, but it doesn’t end in marriage despite a former marriage between the two. It suggests the two may be forever apart. But who knows if a paired ending would be a happier ending?
  85. OS LilinaxBarthe- Liege and vassal.
  86. OS LilinaxOgier- Liege and vassal.
  87. OS LilinaxGonzales- One-sided love I’d say, but maybe it’s two-sided love. A beauty and her beast.
  88. SS LilinaxGwendolyn- Friendship.
  89. OS LilinaxGarret- Sweet girl and cynical bandit.
  90. SS LilinaxCecilia- Mentorship and friendship.
  91. OS GwendolynxBarthe- Fellow soldiers and vassals.
  92. OS GwendolynxOgier- Friendly rivalry.
  93. SS BarthexOgier- Friendship.
  94. OS OgierxLarum- Possibility for romance, but this ends rather innocently.
  95. OS FirxBartre- Father and daughter.
  96. OS FirxKarel- Uncle and niece.
  97. OS FirxSin- I say possibility for romance, Sin’s “beautiful eyes” comment isn’t telling enough to confirm.
  98. SS SinxDayan- Clan leader and clan member.
  99. SS SinxZiess- Friendship.
  100. OS GonzalesxEchidna- Friendship.
  101. SS GonzalesxDayan- Friendship.
  102. SS GonzalesxGarret- Friendship.
  103. SS GonzalesxBartre- Mentorship.
  104. OS GeesexEchidna- Friendship.
  105. OS GeesexCath- Thief and “victim”.
  106. SS GeesexDouglas- One-time employer and employee.
  107. OS GeesexLarum- Pirate who doesn’t want to be with the dancer, who ends kinda liking the pirate.
  108. SS GeesexGarret- Friendship.
  109. SS KleinxPerceval- Friendship.
  110. SS KleinxElffin- Liege and vassal, Elffin wanted it to be a brotherhood.
  111. OS KleinxTate- Tate says “I love you”.
  112. SS TatexJuno- Sisters.
  113. SS LarumxEchidna- Friendship.
  114. OS LarumxBarret- Dance instructor and student.
  115. OS LarumxDouglas- Adoptive daughter and father.
  116. OS LarumxPerceval- Dancer and their forced audience.
  117. SS ElffinxPerceval- Liege and vassal.
  118. OS ElffinxFae- Friendship. SS 
  119. SS ElffinxDouglas- Liege and vassal.
  120. OS ElffinxCecilia- Liege and vassal.
  121. SS BartrexKarel- Brother-in-laws.
  122. SS BartrexZeiss- Bartre sees Zeiss like a son, wouldn’t mind him as a son-in-law, Zeiss doesn’t mind this.
  123. OS BartrexCath- A daughter and a man who reminds her of her father.
  124. SS RaighxHugh- Antagonistic despite an attempt to make amends.
  125. OS RaighxNiime- Mentorship.
  126. OS RaighxSophia- Friendship, could be romantic if Raigh weren’t a child.
  127. OS CathxBarret- Ease of Cath’s distrust and dislike.
  128. OS CathxHugh- Thief and willing victim.
  129. OS MeladyxZeiss- Siblings.
  130. OS MeladyxJoder- Elder and young one.
  131. OS PercevalxCecilia- Professional relationship. Surprisingly not a hint of romance.
  132. OS PercevalxDouglas- Professional relationship.
  133. OS CeciliaxDouglas- Professional relationship.
  134. SS SophiaxFae- Friendship. 
  135. SS SophiaxIgrene- Friendship.
  136. SS SophiaxNiime- Elder and young one.
  137. SS IgrenexFae- Friendship.
  138. OS IgrenexDouglas- Two peaceful individuals representing different countries.
  139. SS FaexNiime- Elder and young one.
  140. OS HughxNiime- Grandma and grandson.
  141. SS ZeissxKarel- Elder and young one.
  142. OS NiimexJoder- Old friends.
  143. SS DayanxJoder- Friendship.

Blazing Blade:

Spoiler
  1. SS EliwoodxHector- Bromance.
  2. OS EliwoodxLyn- Ends in ending marriage, but a great friendship even without it.
  3. OS EliwoodxNinian- LOVE.
  4. SS EliwoodxMarcus- Liege and vassal.
  5. SS EliwoodxLowen- Liege and vassal.
  6. SS EliwoodxHarken- Liege and vassal. 
  7. OS EliwoodxFiora- NinianxEliwood lite.
  8. SS LowenxMarcus- Superior and inferior, with harsh training.
  9. OS LowenxIsadora- Professional relationship, with a side of friendship.
  10. SS LowenxHarken- Professional relationship, with a side of friendship.
  11. OS LowenxRebecca- Ending marriage.
  12. SS MarcusxMerlinus- Friendship.
  13. OS MarcusxIsadora- Professional relationship.
  14. SS MarcusxHarken- Professional relationship.
  15. OS RebeccaxWil- Ends in the ending marriage of childhood friends.
  16. OS RebeccaxSain- Ends in ending marriage
  17. OS RebeccaxDart- Brother and sister, even if the brother forgets.
  18. SS RebeccaxLouise- Friendship.
  19. OS RebeccaxRaven- A sibling-like bond actually. No ending marriage.
  20. SS RebeccaxNino- Friendship.
  21. SS DorcasxBartre- Friendship.
  22. SS DorcasxGeitz- Friendship.
  23. SS DorcasxOswin- Friendship.
  24. OS DorcasxVaida- Antagonistic. Having met only for thirty seconds, and not thinking they actually met each other.
  25. OS DorcasxFarina- Friendship.
  26. SS BartrexRaven- Friendship.
  27. SS BartrexCanas- Friendship.
  28. OS BartrexKarla- FE6 canon, confirmed in ending marriage.
  29. SS BartrexRenault- Friendship.
  30. OS HectorxLyn- Ending wedding, bits of scrappiness and emotion outside of supports even.
  31. SS HectorxOswin- Liege and vassal.
  32. SS HectorxMatthew- Liege and vassal.
  33. OS HectorxFlorina- Ending marriage, but I don’t get it.
  34. OS HectorxFarina- Ending marriage, though I wish the prelude to love was a bit softer.
  35. OS HectorxSerra- Ends as a “family” relationship. And yet, despite being able to marry Erk, Serra can’t marry Hector, why?
  36. SS OswinxMatthew- Professional relationship.
  37. OS OswinxSerra- Ending marriage.
  38. OS OswinxPriscilla- Former knight and lady.
  39. OS SerraxMatthew- Ending marriage.
  40. SS SerraxFlorina- Friendship.
  41. OS SerraxSain- Semi-antagonism, no ending marriage, but that seems a little odd.
  42. OS SerraxLucius- Celibesties forever!
  43. OS SerraxErk- Ending marriage.
  44. SS MatthewxJaffar- Resolved vengeance situation.
  45. SS MatthewxGuy- Friendship.
  46. SS MatthewxLegault- Friendship.
  47. SS GuyxRath- Friends of the same clan.
  48. SS GuyxKarel- Mentorship.
  49. OS GuyxPriscilla- Love, but no ending marriage, for their social differences keep them forever apart.
  50. OS GuyxLouise- “Mother” and “son”.
  51. OS MerlinusxNino- “Uncle” and “niece”.
  52. OS MerlinusxVaida- Antagonistic.
  53. OS ErkxLouise- “Mother” and “son”.
  54. OS ErkxNino- Ending marriage, though the A is more innocent, since Nino is only a child.
  55. SS ErkxPent- Paternal, but also master/mentor and servant/student.
  56. OS ErkxPriscilla- Ending marriage.
  57. OS PriscillaxRaven- Siblings.
  58. OS PriscillaxSain- Love and yet no ending at all.
  59. OS PriscillaxLucius- Friendship.
  60. OS PriscillaxHeath- Love, but no ending marriage, for their social differences keep them forever apart.
  61. SS LynxFlorina- Friendship with a shared ending.
  62. OS LynxRath- Ending marriage. 
  63. OS LynxKent- Ending marriage.
  64. OS LynxWil- Liege and vassal, but rather casual friendship-like.
  65. OS LynxWallace- Liege and vassal.
  66. SS WilxRath- Friendship.
  67. SS WilxDart- Friendship.
  68. SS WilxWallace- Fitness trainer and student.
  69. SS WilxRaven- Friendship.
  70. SS KentxSain- Friendship.
  71. OS KentxFiora- Ending marriage.
  72. OS KentxFarina- Ending marriage.
  73. SS KentxWallace- Professional superior and inferior.
  74. SS KentxHeath- Friendship.
  75. OS SainxIsadora- One-sided love.
  76. OS SainxLouise- One-sided love.
  77. SS FlorinaxFarina- Sisters.
  78. SS FlorinaxFiora- Sisters.
  79. SS FlorinaxNinian- Friendship.
  80. SS RavenxLucius- Friendship with an ending.
  81. SS LuciusxRenault- Murderer and forgiving son of the murdered.
  82. SS LuciusxKarel- The weary bloodthirsty, and the calming monk.
  83. SS CanasxPent- Geeky friendship.
  84. OS CanasxNino- Implied uncle and niece.
  85. SS CanasxRenault- Scholars.
  86. OS CanasxVaida- Antagonistic.
  87. OS DartxFarina- Ending marriage.
  88. SS DartxGeitz- Friendship.
  89. SS DartxKarel- Hearer of rumors and the rumored.
  90. SS FioraxFarina- Sisters.
  91. OS FioraxPent- Employer and employee.
  92. OS FioraxGeitz- Fiora seems to profess love, but no ending.
  93. OS LegaultxNino- “Uncle” and “niece”.
  94. OS LegaultxIsadora- Friendship with a little love, with Legault jokingly flirting at the end. Has an ending, which is tragic, with an element of love.
  95. SS LegaultxJaffar- Professional relationship.
  96. SS LegaultxHeath- Friendship, with Legault throwing in a love joke.
  97. OS NinianxHawkeye- Friendship.
  98. OS IsadoraxHarken- Reunited lovers, ending marriage.
  99. OS IsadoraxGeitz- Friendship.
  100. OS IsadoraxRenault- Priest and layfolk.
  101. OS HeathxVaida- Boss and devoted underling. Only one small hint of romance.
  102. OS HeathxLouise- Knight and lady, Louise wants it to be more casual.
  103. SS HawkeyexPent- Friendship.
  104. OS HawkeyexLouise- Friendship.
  105. SS WallacexRenault- Former teacher and student now friends.
  106. OS WallacexVaida- Rivalry.
  107. SS FarinaxKarla- Friendship.
  108. OS KarelxKarla- Siblings.
  109. OS HarkenxVaida- Friendship.
  110. OS NinoxJaffar- Ending marriage.
  111. SS VaidaxKarla- One-sided friendship, one sided-rivalry.

Sacred Stones:

Spoiler
  1. OS EirikaxEphraim- Siblings, has an ending.
  2. OS EirikaxSeth- Ending marriage.
  3. SS EirikaxL’Arachel- Friendship.
  4. SS EirikaxTana- Friendship with ending.
  5. OS EirikaxInnes- Ending marriage.
  6. OS EirikaxForde- Ending marriage.
  7. OS EirikaxSaleh- Ending marriage. Though the support itself seems more like teacher and student.
  8. SS SethxFranz- Superior and inferior
  9. SS SethxGarcia- Friendship.
  10. OS SethxNatasha- Ending marriage.
  11. SS SethxCormag- Friendship.
  12. SS FranzxGilliam- Friendship.
  13. OS FranzxNatasha- Friendship.
  14. SS FranzxForde- Brothers.
  15. OS FranzxAmelia- Ending marriage.
  16. OS GilliamxNeimi- Friendship.
  17. SS GilliamxGarcia- Friendship.
  18. SS GilliamxMoulder- Friendship.
  19. OS GilliamxSyrene- Ending marriage.
  20. OS MoulderxVanessa- Elder and young one.
  21. SS MoulderxColm- Priest and reforming thief.
  22. OS MoulderxSyrene- Elder and younger one.
  23. SS VanessaxSyrene- Sisters with an ending.
  24. SS VanessaxLute- Friendship.
  25. OS VanessaxForde- Ending marriage.
  26. OS VanessaxInnes- Ending marriage.
  27. SS RossxGarcia- Father and son, have an ending.
  28. OS RossxAmelia- Ending marriage.
  29. SS RossxEwan- Friendship.
  30. OS RossxLute- Acquaintances? They don’t really establish a friendship.
  31. SS RossxGerik- Informal and one-sided teacher and student.
  32. SS GarciaxDozla- Friendship.
  33. OS GarciaxNeimi- Friendship.
  34. OS NeimixColm- Ending marriage.
  35. OS NeimixArtur- Friendship, but they’re really nice to each other, to the point of possible romance.
  36. SS NeimixAmelia- Friendship.
  37. OS ColmxMarisa- Friendship.
  38. SS ColmxRennac- Adversarial mentor and student.
  39. SS ColmxKyle- Friendship.
  40. OS ArturxLute- Ending marriage.
  41. OS ArturxTethys- Friendship.
  42. SS ArturxCormag- Friendship.
  43. SS ArturxJoshua- Friendship.
  44. OS LutexKnoll- Very awkward and bizarre beginnings to a friendship.
  45. OS LutexKyle- Ending marriage.
  46. OS NatashaxJoshua- Ending marriage.
  47. OS NatashaxKnoll- Friendship.
  48. OS NatashaxCormag- Friendship, only a small hint if any of romance.
  49. SS JoshuaxInnes- Friendship.
  50. SS JoshuaxGerik- Friendship with an ending in vassalage.
  51. OS JoshuaxMarisa- Ending marriage.
  52. OS JoshuaxL’Arachel- HOW DOES SHE KEEP WINNING?!/Friendship.
  53. SS EphraimxKyle- Liege and vassal. 
  54. SS EphraimxForde- Liege and vassal.
  55. OS EphraimxL’Arachel- Ending marriage.
  56. OS EphraimxTana- Ending marriage.
  57. SS EphraimxDuessel- Teacher and student.
  58. OS EphraimxMyrrh- Oni-chan! With ending.
  59. SS KylexForde- Friendship.
  60. SS KylexSyrene- Ending marriage.
  61. OS AmeliaxDuessel- Elder and young one with an ending as superior and inferior.
  62. OS AmeliaxEwan- Ending marriage.
  63. SS TanaxSyrene- Liege and vassal with a sisterhood element.
  64. OS TanaxCormag- Friendship with an ending of liege and vassal.
  65. OS TanaxInnes- Siblings.
  66. SS TanaxMarisa- Friendship.
  67. SS InnesxGerik- Employer and employee.
  68. OS InnesxL’Arachel- An ending with love, but not outright statement of marriage.
  69. OS GerikxTethys- Ending with almost clearly stated marriage backed by the A support where they ending wanting to make love on the battlefield.
  70. OS GerikxMarisa- Ending together, but it's ambiguous whether it is romantic.
  71. SS GerikxSaleh- Friendship.
  72. OS TethysxEwan- Siblings.
  73. SS TethysxMarisa- Friendship.
  74. OS TethysxRennac- One-sided love, the other side sees potential to abuse the other’s willingness to please.
  75. OS L’ArachelxDozla- Liege and vassal, with an ending.
  76. OS L’ArachelxRennac- I could see this being romantic given ErkxSerra in FE7, but there is no ending.
  77. SS DozlaxRennac- Professional relationship.
  78. SS DozlaxEwan- Wacky old man and creative boy.
  79. OS DozlaxMyrrh- Wacky old man and manakete girl.
  80. SS SalehxEwan- Teacher and student.
  81. OS SalehxMyrrh- Protector and the protected.
  82. SS CormagxDuessel- Superior and inferior.
  83. SS DuesselxKnoll- A gloomy friendship.

Path of Radiance:

Spoiler
  1. OS IkexTitania- Mentor/“mother”/Sub-commander/advisor and apprentice/“son”/son and heir of former liege/commander.
  2. SS IkexOscar- Friendship. A loose mercenary family camaraderie. 
  3. SS IkexSoren- Ambiguous. Soren is devoted to Ike, but whether it is romantic, and whether Ike returns the sentiments if there are any, is uncertain. Have a paired ending in RD.
  4. OS IkexLethe- Good sparring partners. Open to interpretation whether Lethe is hiding romantic affections, Ike doesn’t show any.
  5. SS IkexReyson- Friendship.
  6. SS IkexRanulf- Friendship, Ranulf is a little fussy in PoR. But in RD, the two have a great bromance, complete with a paired ending.
  7. OS IkexElincia- Liege and servant/employer and employee. English localization adds hints of romance not found in the Japanese.
  8. OS TitaniaxBoyd- Tough teacher and “lazy” student. Ends on a comical, but possibly romantic note.
  9. OS TitaniaxRhys- Sounds like it could be romantic, but it ends with friendship. Maybe b/c Titania’s devotion to Greil?
  10. SS TitaniaxMist- “Mother” and “daughter”.
  11. SS OscarxKieran- One-sided rivalry and two-sided friendship.
  12. SS OscarxJanaff- What began as an awkward attempt at a friendship, ends in a comically awkward elder-“child” relationship. Oscar quietly accepts this.
  13. OS OscarxTanith- Ends in friendship, possibility for romance.
  14. OS BoydxMist- Have a paired ending in RD. The best friend gets his best friend’s sister.
  15. SS BoydxBrom- Friendship, with Boyd being something of a fitness/war trainer for Brom.
  16. SS BoydxUlki- Friendship.
  17. OS RhysxMia- Comic “rivalry”.
  18. SS RhysxRolf- Friendship.
  19. SS RhysxKieran- Friendship.
  20. SS RhysxUlki- Friendship.
  21. SS ShinonxGatrie- Friendship.
  22. SS ShinonxRolf- Mentor-student.
  23. SS ShinonxJanaff- Starts as adversarial Laguz and Beorc. Ends with Janaff carefully exploring moving beyond adversarial relations, and Shinon less so, but there still a hint of the possibility of overcoming racial bias here. Nonetheless, this support ends Unresolved as to the nature of the relationship.
  24. OS GatriexMarcia- Romance on Gatrie’s side, on Marcia’s romance is a possibility.
  25. OS GatriexAstrid- One-sided romance, one-sided admiration as a bright warrior.
  26. OS GatriexIlyana- One-sided romance, one-sided hunger.
  27. SS SorenxStefan- Adversarial. Stefan tries to offer Soren a safe haven and get him to accept others will find out his Branded nature, or die before he does. Soren rejects these offers, which admittedly Stefan poorly sells, leading with abrasiveness and seriousness, devoid of gentle and open kindness.
  28. SS MiaxIlyana- One-sided attempted rivalry, one-sided hunger.
  29. OS MiaxLargo- Rivalry.
  30. OS IlyanaxMordecai- Friendship, one-sided hunger.
  31. OS IlyanaxZihark- Friendship, one-sided hunger.
  32. SS IlyanaxLucia- Wannabe fitness trainer, one-sided hunger.
  33. OS MistxRolf- Friendship, had real potential for romance, but RD didn’t give them a paired ending.
  34. OS MistxMordecai- Friendship.
  35. SS MistxJill- Friendship.
  36. OS RolfxMarcia- Not clearly defined, But given Rolf’s age, I’d think Marcia sees him as a little brother, while Rolf just wants to impress/protect people. Maaaaaybe romantic partners some years later when Rolf has grown up, but RD says nothing.
  37. SS RolfxTauroneo- Friendship.
  38. OS MarciaxKieran- Friendship it looks like. Marcia can’t handle Kieran’s lack of common sense and plentitude of maddening bombast.
  39. SS MarciaxTanith- Professional superior and inferior.
  40. SS LethexJill- Friendship.
  41. OS LethexMuarim- Friendship, but it is arranged along the lines of racial kinship.
  42. OS LethexRanulf- Friendship, professional relationship. No element of romance at all here.
  43. SS MordecaixStefan- Friendship.
  44. SS MordecaixUlki- Friendship.
  45. SS MordecaixRanulf- Friendship and professional relationship.
  46. SS VolkexBastian- Purely contractual.
  47. OS BromxNephenee- Friendship, with Brom acting somewhat parental over Nephenee.
  48. SS BromxZihark- Friendship, and Brom acts like an embarrassing, oblivious father.
  49. OS NepheneexDevdan- Uhhh… kinda creepy?
  50. SS NepheneexCalill- A forced mentor-student relationship that becomes a genuine friendship.
  51. OS ZiharkxMuarim- Friendship.
  52. OS SothexAstrid- Friendship.
  53. SS SothexTormod- Friendship, half eager, half reluctant.
  54. OS JillxHaar- Former professional superior and inferior, afterwards united in an appreciation for the same dead man. Somehow, IS thought to turn this into a romance in an RD paired ending.
  55. OS AstridxMakalov- One-sided admiration and love. Makalov thinks it’s wack. Has an RD ending.
  56. SS MakalovxHaar- Not even a friendship, practically no chemistry happens here.
  57. SS MakalovxBastian- Friendship.
  58. SS TormodxDevdan- Friendship, with Devdan acting a little… motherly?
  59. SS TormodxReyson- Friendship.
  60. OS TormodxCalill- Mentor and apprentice.
  61. SS MuarimxLargo- Friendship.
  62. SS DevdanxLargo- Friendship.
  63. OS ReysonxTanith- Professional relationship with a hint of friendship.
  64. OS JanaffxLucia- Two emissaries of different countries. Lucia is an emissary by choice, Janaff going along with how Lucia presents herself. Ends with a promise of friendship.
  65. OS CalillxGeoffrey- Psychiatrist and patient. Calill doesn’t want Geoffrey’s love after knowing he is forlorn for Elincia.
  66. SS TauroneoxLargo- Friendship.
  67. OS LuciaxBastian- I’d qualify this as romance. They never marry, but they keep up a game of love, unending flirtations so great, they got an RD paired ending.
  68. OS GeoffreyxElincia- Romance, plain, simple, and getting an RD paired ending.

Another PoR note, this isn’t all PoR relationships, since not all characters who relate to each other get supports. No CalillxLargo, no IkexMist, or the three green brothers with each other.

Lesson of all this? 

Love was uncommon in FE6 if you weren't Roy, you were lucky to get a lone partner. FE7 spreads the love more, each girl but Vaida gets her suitors: Lyn has four, Rebecca three, Serra three, Farina three, Fiora two, Nino two, Florina one, Isadora 1.5, Ninian one, Louise one, Priscilla one happy and two tragic. FE8 is less prolific with love, but not that much. FE9 curtails the love more so.

And, friendship is the most common thing around.

Maybe later I'll break down the portion of OS to SS supports.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer
Correcting JoshuaxMarisa

16 minutes ago, Ertrick36 said:

Oh no, you were plenty clear.  I just mention it because I visit that site a lot (for some ungodly reason that no amount of my self-reflecting can figure out).  On the same coin, though, they also spread a lot of misinformation, mainly suggesting that there are m|m pairings for Byleth outside of what exists when said pairings are, like everyone else said, dummy texts that are unused.

That said, there was one bit they touched on that I think SF glossed over on account of the collective outrage over the all the revelations with the m|m options.

Reveal hidden contents

That point is that apparently Dorothea is basically a lesbian for the most part, the only male she's able to romance being Byleth.  Of note there are a few women with whom she gets flirty and romantic with, and allegedly she has romantic endings with them.  This is all second-hand information on my account, but it doesn't really sound unreasonable.

But yeah, generally speaking, not a great place to be unless you're a heterosexual male, are a predator/deviant, and/or are lacking in morals and basic human decency.  If you're someone who wants representation for ethnic minorities, for LGBTQ people, or any other such marginalized people, then you aren't welcome there.  Or if you aren't okay with people being creepy-ass pedophiles and voice your displeasure with the things they say, you aren't welcome because the mods there seem all too intent on cultivating a pedo-friendly community for whatever reason (no joke, I once got modded for calling out someone for such behaviors, and another time I was called an idiot for railing against such things and those people didn't get modded one bit).

But I've derailed this discussion enough talking about that dumpster fire.

Okay, not sure what the deal with that PM is, but I feel a lot of those people are either trolls or ambivalent to sociopolitical issues.

At most, I've seen someone just pop in to mock/criticize more serious people, and then you never hear from them again - in many cases, that's the only contribution to the community they have made within the span of half a year-or-so and it'll be that same amount of time before they contribute again with a similarly detached, tone-deaf comment.  In other words, they show up just to egg on other people, and then f*** off into lala land until the next heated discussion comes around for them to do the same exact thing.  Which is why they deserve no attention, and why they usually receive such because quite frankly no one gives a damn what they think and no one should give a damn.

You're right about them being trolls of course, but they're still homophobic trolls. They obviously don't represent the majority of people on this site, and I'm sorry if I suggested otherwise. As for the PM, I also have no idea why he decided to send ti to me. It was very strange and long

As for Dorothea

Spoiler

According to what I've read, Dorothea is more likely bisexual. She appears to have multiple men she can have romantic endings with. I've no idea what her supports look like though. Still, it's nice to have a more explicitly bisexual character, rather than the usual ones which only appear queer if the main character romances them (which admittedly wasn't an issue for Niles, Rhajat, or Leon either)

28 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Lesson of all this? 

Love was uncommon in FE6 if you weren't Roy, you were lucky to get a lone partner. FE7 spreads the love more, each girl but Vaida gets her suitors: Lyn has four, Rebecca three, Serra three, Farina three, Fiora two, Nino two, Florina one, Isadora 1.5, Ninian one, Louise one, Priscilla one happy and two tragic. FE8 is less prolific with love, but not that much. FE9 curtails the love more so.

And, friendship is the most common thing around.

Maybe later I'll break down the portion of OS to SS supports.

Wow, this is all really impressive. Thanks for laying it all out in such an easily accessible manner. It's interesting to see the way that supports have changed since the games began.

Looking at this, Awakening really changed the game in multiple ways. First was the whole everyone is able to S-support with anyone of the opposite gender unless they were Avatar-sexual/Chrom/Sumia. Then there was the whole removing the 5-support limit, which I personally think was a bigger deal in the FE community. Not only did it make battles different since you could potentially rely on an A to S support boost at all times, but it allowed for more connections between the army, for better or for worse.

Taken as a whole, Three Houses does appear to be returning more to its pre-Awakening roots, with more limited support conversations and a lack of S-supports unless you happen to be Byleth. But without the 5-support limit to hold people back from certain support chains, I wonder which pairings will end up being more popular and which endings people may try to avoid. Either way, it'll be interesting to see how this will affect supports in future games.

86 of the 143 Binding Blade supports are opposite-sex if I counted right. Or 60.1%. 

59 of the 111 Blazing Blade supports are opposite-sex. Or 53.1%. Lower might be because Blazing's female roster is smaller as both a hard number and a percentage in FE7 than FE6.

44 of the 83 Sacred Stones supports are opposite-sex. Or 53.0%.

31 of the 68 Path of Radiance supports are opposite-sex. Or 45.6%. The only game where same-sex supports outnumber opposite-sex supports.

Since all same-sex supports are not romance, I can ignore them for my next attempted calculation. 

17 of the 86 Binding Blade opposite-sex supports I've bolded as judged to be certain romance. With 6 possible romances or so I see it. That means only 11.9% of all of Binding Blade's supports are certain romance, 16.1% with the six possibilities. These is also 19.8% and 26.7% of the opposite-sex supports.

24 of the 59 Blazing Blade opposite-sex supports are certain romance. With two-three loves without endings adding in SainxPriscilla, FioraxGeitz, and HectorxSerra. That means 21.6/24.3% of all supports are romantic. This is 40.7/45.8% of all opposite-sex supports are romantic, almost half.

19 of the 44 Sacred Stones opposite-sex supports are certain romance, with two cases of what I bolded as possible romance. 22.9/25.3% of all supports are romantic. 43.2/47.7% of all opposite-sex supports are romantic.

Counting all my bolded, there are 12 romantic supports in PoR, this is including the highly contentious IkexSoren. Without the bolded, its only 4 supports that are certain romance (but there is more love than this in Tellius NaesalaxLeanne, CalillxLargo, MicaiahxSothe, NailahxRafiel). 4 of 83 is 4.8%, 12 of 83 is 14.5%. Leaving out IkexSoren, this 12.9% and 35.5% of opposite-sex supports being romantic.

I should add that only 35.19% of Binding Blade's non-Trial Map playables are female. For Blazing Blade it's 29.55%. For Sacred Stones (no Creature Campaign) it's 36.36%, and for Path of Radiance of 13 the 41 support-having characters, 31.7%, are female.

Why mention this? 

Well, Fates and Awakening have gender parity, of 49% female. Therefore, if you wore a blindfold and randomly shot Magical Arrows of Undefined Attraction, you would I think end up with 50% same-sex and 50% opposite-sex supports (not actually the case of course- b/c children, but think of a future hypothetical game without them). Likely not equally distributed for all characters, some would have more opposite-sexes and other more same-sexes, but the big picture would show equal halves.

But, since all of the above games have significantly more men than women, if everyone were to get an equal number of supports, wouldn't it be expected that the percentage of opposite-sex supports would be lower than what they are?

Looking at FE7, every girl but Karla and Ninian has 7 support chains. That is the maximum in FE7. Not all of them are opposite-sex, "Eek men scare me!" Florina has Hector as her only male support buddy. But on the other hand, Priscilla and Isadora have only male support partners, and Lyn and Serra have only Florina to turn escape from maleness with. Even Louise has nothing but men save for Rebecca, and she has a husband who bangs her during/just before the adventure!

If some women are feasting in conversation, then it means some men either aren't naturally talkative, or just got shortchanged.

16 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

OS AstolfoxIgrene- It’s certainly romantic, but it doesn’t end in marriage despite a former marriage between the two. It suggests the two may be forever apart. But who knows if a paired ending would be a happier ending?

Neither here nor there, but I've always liked to imagine that, because both of them get "they disappeared forever and were never seen again" endings, they eventually do end up getting back together in some far corner of society, possibly under different personas.

This is of course nothing more than my personal headcanon though.

@Interdimensional Observer Um... Joshua and Marisa's ending doesn't end in marriage. It ends with Marisa essentially becoming Joshua's right hand like Carlyle was to Ismaire.

"Joshua returned to Jehanna with Marisa, where she pledged service to the crown and became the top swordfighter in the land. Joshua still loved games of chance, but when it came to Marisa, she was ever the winner."

Edited by AbsoluteZer0Nova

27 minutes ago, AbsoluteZer0Nova said:

@Interdimensional Observer Um... Joshua and Marisa's ending doesn't end in marriage. It ends with Marisa essentially becoming Joshua's right hand like Carlyle was to Ismaire.

"Joshua returned to Jehanna with Marisa, where she pledged service to the crown and became the top swordfighter in the land. Joshua still loved games of chance, but when it came to Marisa, she was ever the winner."

It's a little ambiguous but I think that could clearly be interpreted as a romantic relationship, especially the last line. A poetic reading could interpret it to mean Marisa "won" Joshua's love.

EDIT: Correct in that it's not a marriage though.

Edited by Chaotix

25 minutes ago, Océane said:

Is there any list of A support same-sex pairings that have a romantic paired ending? Such as Marianne x Hilda or Shamir x Leonie?

Spoiler

Technically none of them are explicitly romantic endings. All of them, even Dorothea's, are rather ambigous and subtext only. The A supports could give a more explicitly romantic tone to the endings, but I haven't looked at those so I can't comment on them.

Edited by firewitch912

8 hours ago, firewitch912 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Technically none of them are explicitly romantic endings. All of them, even Dorothea's, are rather ambigous and subtext only. The A supports could give a more explicitly romantic tone to the endings, but I haven't looked at those so I can't comment on them.

Spoiler

Is that subtext actually subtext or is it just a case of people seeing what they want to see?

In any case, I'm really disappointed in the MLM options (or lack of, rather). At the very least I think that there should be one bi option for each house, because people who go into the game blind and don't know how to recruit other characters can very easily end up having zero same-sex options.

Edited by Sproutling
Forgot something

7 minutes ago, Sproutling said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Is that subtext actually subtext or is it just a case of people seeing what they want to see?

In any case, I'm really disappointed in the MLM options (or lack of, rather). At the very least I think that there should be one bi option for each house, because people who go into the game blind and don't know how to recruit other characters can very easily end up having zero same-sex options.

Spoiler

Rolling off of this, how hard is it to recruit Linhardt in other routes?

From what I can understand you'd need high-ish reason and faith skills, but Byleth is physically inclined with faith only as a budding talent. So on any other path you'd have to build a magic M!Byleth just to unlock the single mlm option.

8 hours ago, Stage7_4 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Rolling off of this, how hard is it to recruit Linhardt in other routes?

From what I can understand you'd need high-ish reason and faith skills, but Byleth is physically inclined with faith only as a budding talent. So on any other path you'd have to build a magic M!Byleth just to unlock the single mlm option.

Spoiler

So apparently Linhardt actually needs Reason, which makes him even harder to recruit. It might not be too high, but you'd need to prepare and focus on recruiting him. And people might still go for one of the other S supports because even through their supports it's apprently not clear that they're platonic endings (the gaining of S support even describes it as love according to a reviewer)

8 hours ago, Sproutling said:
  Reveal hidden contents

It's definitely subtext-

Spoiler

A lot of them say that they spent their days together to the end, are buried together, had a "life full of light and love," etc. These paired endings are clearly different from the explicitly romantic and explicitly platonic.

But it's all done in a way that makes ambiguous if they're in a romantic or friendly. So ultimately they leave it up to the player's interpretation, but it's certainly subtext

And having one (per gender) for each house would be the logical option, plus it would mean a required minimum of same sex options. Though currently, the only entirely straight house is Golden Deer (which I find ironic because so many of their members can easily be read as queer or fitting

Golden Deer is also the house that has the most characters who get a mechanical benefit for being straight (two vs one for Blue Lions and zero for Black Eagles). Figures that the closest this game gets to a butch would count herself in that list, I've gotten pretty used to that out of game developers...

Does anyone know where we can complain about this to Nintendo? Tweeting Nintendo of America and using fire emblem hashtags feels like screaming into a void, and I can't find a twitter or email for anyone who worked on the game.

Some characters being limited to heterosexual pairings is disappointing, but I have to appreciate the step up from FE:F. We have eight (?) queer characters in this game. It gives me hope that half the cast will be queer in the next game.

I also have to appreciate another step up in the number of PoC in this game. It's still not enough by Western standards, but it's progress. When it comes to Japanese-created games diversity is slow because the country is largely homogenous, but it gets more diverse with each release. Let your voice be heard that you want more diversity for future games! For Three Houses, enjoy what is there and make your opinion heard for the next one. 

11 hours ago, Death said:

Does anyone know where we can complain about this to Nintendo? Tweeting Nintendo of America and using fire emblem hashtags feels like screaming into a void, and I can't find a twitter or email for anyone who worked on the game.

I think it might be better if prominent game review sites write an article or something about it as it brings the issue into attention at a larger scale. So I think it doesn't hurt to message these sites (like Kotaku or something) about it.

Advanced issues found

40 minutes ago, manaciel said:

Some characters being limited to heterosexual pairings is disappointing, but I have to appreciate the step up from FE:F. We have eight (?) queer characters in this game. It gives me hope that half the cast will be queer in the next game.

I also have to appreciate another step up in the number of PoC in this game. It's still not enough by Western standards, but it's progress. When it comes to Japanese-created games diversity is slow because the country is largely homogenous, but it gets more diverse with each release. Let your voice be heard that you want more diversity for future games! For Three Houses, enjoy what is there and make your opinion heard for the next one. 

I'm not sure if you're referring to paired endings between other characters since I didn't spoil myself about those supports. But if you're referring to the options Byleths can romance...I think it's more like 4 (maybe 5?) with only 1 as mlm option. At this rate, I'm expecting to also only have 1 mlm option next game. 

This news honestly breaks my heart and is giving me really self conscious feelings that I haven't felt in a really long time.

Why can't people take relationships between guys seriously? It's stuff like this that really makes me feel less than human. I don't even know what to do.

Just now, PersonWithTime said:

This news honestly breaks my heart and is giving me really self conscious feelings that I haven't felt in a really long time.

Why can't people take relationships between guys seriously? It's stuff like this that really makes me feel less than human. I don't even know what to do.

When stuff like this appears, what I do is to remind myself how far lgbt rights have come. And to look for better representation in the media, specially in books.