FE16 Same-Sex Relationship Discussion

I Find it quite interesting that

Spoiler

Edelgard Rhea and Sothis three of the most important plot characters are bi options. I can understand Edelgard to an extent ( especially because I think IS maybe pushing them as an unofficial canon? ship) But Rhea and Especially Sothis? The former is essentially the Pope and the latter is supposedly dead or in your conscience. Who may or may not be your ancestor. 

• Replies 724
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good news, a good step in the right direction for Nintendo and very pleasing to me personally. Strange that it seems to be uneven in terms of gender but improvement is improvement.

2 hours ago, Dorothea Joestar Arnold said:

I mean I'm never gonna use it (MAYBE if I do a female run one day) but at least its something for Yaoi and Yuri fans and its not too bias for females as expected. 

It's also nice for, you know, gay people.

Edited by Florete

7 minutes ago, Aquarius said:

I Find it quite interesting that

Hide contents

Edelgard Rhea and Sothis three of the most important plot characters are bi options. I can understand Edelgard to an extent ( especially because I think IS maybe pushing them as an unofficial canon? ship) But Rhea and Especially Sothis? The former is essentially the Pope and the latter is supposedly dead or in your conscience. Who may or may not be your ancestor. 

That would be....interesting...

THis is not a confirmation of anything. The Italian Mag is just parroting the thani leak (also Alois was a joke apparently) + assuming Claude from the gaygamer article. Though I'm 99% certain Claude is a bi option, I would hold off on claiming that these 8 are confirmed.

If Claude is infact a bi option I will happily jump the blue lions ship for golden deer.

While I would prefer an even ratio 3:5 isn't bad and is a step up from Fates.

Claude is seemingly confirmed because of various screenshots that show him being flirty with M!Byleth, but the rest are only rumors. Also Alois's wife does put a huge dent in that rumor, she could potentially be dead (though I don't think she is because of the present tense).

Also for the fact that Byleth is the only S support, we can see that near the end of one of the new videos. However it also shows that Ferdinand and Hubert have the potential for an A support that has two arrows above it. I wonder what that could mean?

6 minutes ago, firewitch912 said:

Also for the fact that Byleth is the only S support, we can see that near the end of one of the new videos. However it also shows that Ferdinand and Hubert have the potential for an A support that has two arrows above it. I wonder what that could mean?

If Byleth is the only one with S-Supports, maybe they signify paired endings?

Edited by BastienSoul

UNLESS DIMITRI GETS CONFIRMED FOR GAY MARRIAGE I'M STILL GOING F!BYLETH FOR BLUE LIONS.

I'LL GO M!BYLETH FOR BLACK EAGLES.

Super unfair the females get more options, but yuri is more popular than yaoi I suppose. People love lesbos.

Edited by Bloom

Oh for the love of god, I just want Claude to be bi and I will literally be the happiest person ever. This new info is really messing with my playthrough thoughts. I will take the gay option and that will be my personal 'canon' ending, idc. 

So I'm thinking Blue Lions, playing stag the whole way through. And then Black Eagles, getting with Edelgard (I need to romance my dragon empress), and then my final playthrough being Golden Deers and romancing Claude because, how could I not?

A person of color AND bi? Please, like I need that.

2 minutes ago, Troykv said:

I wonder if Blue Lions lack gay options because they want to perserve their knightly feeling (?)

Being gay is against the code of honor now? lol

Just now, Bloom said:

Being gay is against the code of honor now? lol

I don't know about Arthurian Legends enough to answer that.

4 hours ago, BastienSoul said:

specifically implying that Claude might be one

#SassyGayFriendConfirmed

If this is included, I hope it extends beyond Byleth. Like, Claude and (insert other male option here). If that makes sense.

2 minutes ago, Dragoncat said:

#SassyGayFriendConfirmed

If this is included, I hope it extends beyond Byleth. Like, Claude and (insert other male option here). If that makes sense.

While that would be interesting and I would love to have non-avatar same-sex supports, it appears that Byleth is the only one who can S support at all. However, we don't know what the arrows about certain A supports mean so that could signal something similar (especially since the only one I saw was between Ferdinand and Hubert). I also wonder if those arrows could have a similar affect to A+ supports from fates, but rather than classes being available it's personal skills.

8 minutes ago, firewitch912 said:

While that would be interesting and I would love to have non-avatar same-sex supports, it appears that Byleth is the only one who can S support at all. However, we don't know what the arrows about certain A supports mean so that could signal something similar (especially since the only one I saw was between Ferdinand and Hubert). I also wonder if those arrows could have a similar affect to A+ supports from fates, but rather than classes being available it's personal skills.

I feel it'll be like that the A+ that is.

Edited by Dorothea Joestar Arnold

1 hour ago, Troykv said:

I don't know about Arthurian Legends enough to answer that.

Well there's Galehaut who pretty much dropped his entire kingdom and gave it to Arthur cause he had a crush on Lancelot (though this is a bit debated).

Anyways, I'm glad Claude is likely the mlm option, and considering the Thanibomb theories are pretty accurate it's likely Linhardt will be too. I want the third one to be from Blue Lions so that each house has at least one option. It is possible I think, since they could easily change things before the final release and adding a single support doesn't seem to much trouble. I've actually heard rumors that it could be Ashe which I think is certainly plausible given that every single gay male character we've had in the series so far has an affinity for archery. 

Aloise is definitely out though with the talk of having a wife and child. Even if she's dead/ends up dying it'd feel really weird to enter a relationship with those factors in mind.

4 hours ago, timon said:

If there is, he didn't see it. That's the quote from him (with translation from me).

S support, which represents romance in previous titles, comes back. At the moment I have yet to see one, but from the list of supports in the menu I see that they seem to be Avatar's exclusive. Other characters, in fact, can only reach A level at most with each other. This might change with progression in the game.

Man I really hope this isn't the case. Blythe being the only one to end up with someone by the end of the game sounds really sad. I love shipping characters. Everyone should have a chance at happiness. You think in a school setting there would be crushes that could eventually end up together. Hopefully after the progression, we'll be able to.

29 minutes ago, Cyan1456 said:

Well there's Galehaut who pretty much dropped his entire kingdom and gave it to Arthur cause he had a crush on Lancelot (though this is a bit debated).

Anyways, I'm glad Claude is likely the mlm option, and considering the Thanibomb theories are pretty accurate it's likely Linhardt will be too. I want the third one to be from Blue Lions so that each house has at least one option. It is possible I think, since they could easily change things before the final release and adding a single support doesn't seem to much trouble. I've actually heard rumors that it could be Ashe which I think is certainly plausible given that every single gay male character we've had in the series so far has an affinity for archery. 

Aloise is definitely out though with the talk of having a wife and child. Even if she's dead/ends up dying it'd feel really weird to enter a relationship with those factors in mind.

Ike and Soren aren't bow users, though their relationship is more coded and subtextual than the later entries. And Rhajat and Soleil both aren't bow users and they're explicitly queer (though they aren't gay men).

Yeah dating a widower could be weird, but honestly it's less weird than dating your step-siblings/presumed blood siblings/actual cousin

12 minutes ago, firewitch912 said:

Yeah dating a widower could be weird, but honestly it's less weird than dating your step-siblings/presumed blood siblings/actual cousin

Especially when said siblings are children. Or "technically adults" as Fates called them.

I'm reallllyyyy hoping that some supports are locked behind the timeskip, because if I can't gay marry Dimitri I'm going to be super disappointed.

Also, I hate that wlw have more options. There's really no excuse for that. I get that lesbians are just more popular and palatable.. but gay/bi boys deserve as many options as lesbian/bi girls have. Genuinely, good for you, girls, but come on. This is really disappointing. I think at this rate I'm going to wait for 100% confirmation on who is gay before I settle into my first route. Blue Lions is going to be a slog to get through knowing there's a lack of pay off for me personally. 

Edit:

Spoiler

Also, when are we going to start seeing trans characters? Its getting to that point. I think the world could handle it. I said once on twitter how cool it would be if a character was one gender pre-timeskip, then a different one post-timeskip. I bring this up because nobody can really say FE has LGBT representation, if they're only repping the LGB. Hiding under spoiler to avoid bigots btw. 

Edited by nyainou

3 minutes ago, Duke of Dozel said:

I mean, Blue Lions has the most males and none are options. Just a bunch of bros sitting in a hot tub, 5 feet apart cuz they're not gay

I sprinkle chemicals into the water to turn the Blue Lions gay

14 minutes ago, nyainou said:

Reveal hidden contents

Also, when are we going to start seeing trans characters? Its getting to that point. I think the world could handle it. I said once on twitter how cool it would be if a character was one gender pre-timeskip, then a different one post-timeskip. I bring this up because nobody can really say FE has LGBT representation, if they're only repping the LGB. Hiding under spoiler to avoid bigots btw. 

From Nintendo? I wouldn't expect positive trans representation...ever, honestly. Not in our lifetimes, anyway. They've taken this long just to start warming up to gay people, they're not going to tread further for a long time.

2 minutes ago, Florete said:

From Nintendo? I wouldn't expect positive trans representation...ever, honestly. Not in our lifetimes, anyway. They've taken this long just to start warming up to gay people, they're not going to tread further for a long time.

Well there's Vivian from Paper Mario 1,000 year door who in the JP version is stated to have transitioned male to female and struggles to be accepted by her family. One Mario-given beatdown and a final boss later she's finally accepted. Got removed in the NA version though, a shame.

But anyways I'm crossing my fingers at the faint hope that the third option will be Ashe. Or maybe Felix, Sylvain and Dmitri.