Ahem

• Lorenz  - Dork knight
  • Raphael - War Master/Fortress Knight
  • Ignatz - Assassin
  • Lysethia - Gremory
  • Hilda - Warrior/Wyvern Lord
  • Leone - Bow Knight
  • Marianne - Holy Knight
  • Claude - Marquis/Wyvern Lord (with Bow)

Something tells me caps won't really differ much between classes and it'll be more to do with the skills of each class; so keeping some units as Advanced Classes will probably end up being viable; or even lower tiers. 

1 hour ago, Flere210 said:

And i was 100% right about this game being horser than Genealogy. A disadvantage in riding is going to be hard as hell to overcome.

I should've asked this earlier, but what gives you the impression that this game is going to be more of a Horse Emblem game than Genealogy? Because like I said, I don't see it considering that the giant maps meant non-mounted units were pretty much out of luck in Genealogy. It didn't help that promotion gave all mounted classes extra move, while with the exception of units that got mounts when promoting, only one foot class got increased move upon promoting.

Edited by Shadow Mir

4 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

I should've asked this earlier, but what gives you the impression that this game is going to be more of a Horse Emblem game than Genealogy? Because like I said, I don't see it considering that the giant maps meant non-mounted units were pretty much out of luck in Genealogy. It didn't help that promotion gave all mounted classes extra move, while with the exception of units that got mounts when promoting, only one foot class got increased move upon promoting.

Right now, Mounted has one weakness (generally pitiful speed growth), but it has high move/high everything else. Mounted allows you a lot of efficiency in maps right now. It's not strictly 'you must run it' like Genealogy, but it's still super powerful.

Comparatively Armors are incredibly hard to make work, and Infantry/Flying is just 'fine.' You'd need to use them to get certain weapons (Magic) or abilities (Thief/Sniper) but you don't want to use them. And since everyone can be on a horse, you want them on a horse.

8 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

I think it's because most of the Gold classes have 4-6 movement where the mounted guys are in the 7-8 range. Of course, it makes easier to rush the enemy with calvary; but you'd be leaving your unpromoted mages and healers behind.

12 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

I think it's because most of the Gold classes have 4-6 movement where the mounted guys are in the 7-8 range. Of course, it makes easier to rush the enemy with calvary; but you'd be leaving your unpromoted mages and healers behind.

But in the meantime, at least I know which weapons that I'll be using.

2 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

-canto

-dismounting that is not forced indoor, meaning it's not a weakness, but a further strengh: by using it well horsies can avoid horseslayers and cross forests and mountains as well as infranty.

-That gambit that give 5 movement. People say thay it will be used to make infranty keep up, but in reality it will be used to give horsies even more movement.

-large monster requiring to move a lot in order to maximize damage.

-The simple fact that everyone can use an horse, but we don't seem to have any sort of disadvantage to being mounted. Why not just give everyone a  horse and replace the people with a disadvantage in flying/riding? At least in genealogy Shanan or Ced can't get a mount.

-And now, master class being mostly mounted, meaning mounted classes are likely going to get the best promo gains and caps.

17 minutes ago, HappyHawlucha. said:

Something tells me caps won't really differ much between classes and it'll be more to do with the skills of each class; so keeping some units as Advanced Classes will probably end up being viable; or even lower tiers. 

Yeah I agree. The only Advanced classes that seem obsolete are Wyvern Rider, Warlock, and Grappler due to Wyvern Lord, Gremory, and War Master, respectively. Every other Advanced class fits a niche that Master classes do not. I mean it’s definitely possible to play through with everyone in Master tier but everyone in a combo of the two allows for more class diversity. 

Edited by RevenantKnight

3 minutes ago, Flere210 said:

-canto

-dismounting that is not forced indoor, meaning it's not a weakness, but a further strengh: by using it well horsies can avoid horseslayers and cross forests and mountains as well as infranty.

-That gambit that give 5 movement. People say thay it will be used to make infranty keep up, but in reality it will be used to give horsies even more movement.

-large monster requiring to move a lot in order to maximize damage.

-The simple fact that everyone can use an horse, but we don't seem to have any sort of disadvantage to being mounted. Why not just give everyone a  horse and replace the people with a disadvantage in flying/riding? At least in genealogy Shanan or Ced can't get a mount.

-And now, master class being mostly mounted, meaning mounted classes are likely going to get the best promo gains and caps.

Genealogy had that too.

Genealogy didn't have that, but it didn't have any indoor maps in the first place.

It could be used for either, really.

We don't know just how common those are going to be.

Likewise, in Genealogy, it was hard to find anything for your non-mounted units to do, since the maps were so big that by the time you started fighting, your non-mounted units would likely have fallen behind by a turn or two and thus missed out, and as a result, they required constantly slowing down to make any real use of (why use Jamke over Midir when the former is likely to not make it to the fight before it's over?). I don't see that happening in this game. And it didn't help that rescue didn't exist.

On the other hand, I've read that it might be possible to keep units in lower tiers, since outside of three Advanced classes, they can fill niches that Master classes don't.

So for the Eagles, my first impression for the master classes would be:

Edelgard: Either her unique lord class or Great Knight. Can also see her as Wyvern Lord
Hubert: Dark Knight all over his face.
Dorothea: Mortal Sarvant. Doesnt help she is "bad" with Horse/Flying. Her growths look solid tho.
Ferdinand: Just realized there is no a direct master class for Paladins, so shit, idk here.
Bernadetta: Bow Knight (if she is good/neutral with horses, if not and shes good/neutral with Flying, then Falcon Knight)
Caspar: Im betting he would be no good with Horse/Flying so War Master.
Lindhart: Holy Knight/Dark Knight/Gremory. In my first time i would need a healer so probably Holy Knight.
Petra: Wyvern Lord. She just looks soooo sick, with lots of good options. Think she would be the best student besides Edelgard.

We need to see the neutrals like Flayn and Cyril. Flayn looks like a good Flacon Knight, cause her brother is good with Lances and Flying so probably she is too.

1 minute ago, IzzyFresh said:

So after scanning the frames, it definitely looks like Gremory is female only. Sort of screws Linhardt a bit

Fire Emblem_ Three Houses (Switch) Hands-on Preview - YouTube - Mozilla Firefox 7_12_2019 10_32_13 PM.jpg

I guess Mortal Savant will be the Male endgame Mage of choice. That or Dark Knight.

Mortal Savant in general looks really cool.

Definitely making my Byleth a Dark Knight. Given that mounted units can dismount, I can have my Thracia 776 Mage Knight back in action unlike the horridly out-of-place Mortal Savant. 

10 hours ago, Cysx said:

Probably, but she cannot be in a dark magic class, meaning dark magic usage isn't special, dark magic specialty is, which is not what this class has. So idk.

Yes it does. Gremory is the only class that specializes in all three kinds of magic.

4 hours ago, IzzyFresh said:

So after scanning the frames, it definitely looks like Gremory is female only. Sort of screws Linhardt a bit

Fire Emblem_ Three Houses (Switch) Hands-on Preview - YouTube - Mozilla Firefox 7_12_2019 10_32_13 PM.jpg

That doesn't prove anything. You'll notice that Dark Bishop doesn't show up either.

3 minutes ago, Druplesnubb said:

Yes it does. Gremory is the only class that specializes in all three kinds of magic.

That doesn't prove anything. You'll notice that Dark Bishop doesn't show up either.

Dark Bishop, as far as can be seen, is unique in how its unlocked. Requiring you to master Dark Mage (nothing else thus far known has that unlock). It is possible Mastering Dark Bishop unlocks Gremory (for boys), but as its innately available to girls that's a stretch.

Not impossible, but a stretch.

20 minutes ago, Druplesnubb said:

I get that the material we've gotten has made dark magic look like a bigger deal than the other two types, but there are also reasons to think that's not really the case, and it's just special classes having special requirements. Afaic Gremory isn't focused on Dark magic in particular unlike them, and thus there's no reason for it be tied to a dark reclass seal. It is also unlikely that a seal used for a tier 2 class(so low value at this point) will be used for a tier 4.

Edited by Cysx

You know, Bow Knight may be the reason while Sniper don't have Bow Critical +10 (and War Master probably have Gauntlet Critica +10l as well.). I can see Gremory and/or Mortal savant having Magic Critical +10, but I have no idea who would have Lance Critical here.

2 minutes ago, Arvin said:

Pegasus Knight is a Master Class? 

Nah it was shown off with the Master Classes; Falcon Knight is a Master Class however.

This may not be it remember a lot of info is missing at this point so we may not have the full picture about the class list.

4 minutes ago, Arvin said:

What about Wyverns? Do we get them early as well?

"Early" as in the Tier after we get Pegasi; so males don't have a flying class to Third Tier but that starts at Level 20 so it shouldn't be too bad.

4 minutes ago, Arvin said:

What about Wyverns? Do we get them early as well?

Wyverns can be accessed from the advanced tier(level 20+) onward to the master tier in the form of wyvern lords. Iirc, Seteth is the only character confirmed to start as one so far.

If Gremory is female only it makes me lean towards the theory that both advanced and master classes can be seen as "final", because otherwise a dedicated male mage has no option but to go on a horse (or go weeaboo). We'll really need to see the caps, because right now it is definitely confusing.