Master Classes Picture/Video

Nio

2 minutes ago, IzzyFresh said:

I suppose "Gold Knight" could be considered a unique class like Dark Bishop. It would be weird if it was though.

It would be especially weird since they revealed dark bishop alongside the comparable advanced classes, but we've seen no info about a potential gold knight class

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, Etheus said:

Assuming that there aren't anymore non-Lord classes, if the advanced classes are stastically on par with master classes, we have a good class system. If the advanced classes are not statistically on par, we have a dysfunctional class system with far too many role gaps.

It was confirmed in an AMA with a reviewer that master classes are not a side grade to advanced classes

Edited by colossus86

11 minutes ago, Etheus said:

Assuming that there aren't anymore non-Lord classes, if the advanced classes are stastically on par with master classes, we have a good class system. If the advanced classes are not statistically on par, we have a dysfunctional class system with far too many role gaps.

It was soft confirmed by someone on Reddit who has played 3 Houses that Master Classes are miles beyond Advanced Classes stat wise; but I guess discounting and stuff can sorta make up for it a little bit but we don't know for sure that we know ALL of the Master Classes; but that's asking for a bit much at this point I think.

15 minutes ago, Etheus said:

The guy on reddit who was answering questions confirmed that Master Classes are direct upgrades, also the fact that they come at a later level and they're locked behind the timeskip pretty much destroys that possibility.

What makes me real sad is that it doesn't need that much to be fixed, I thought about it for a bit, and they really need just 3 more to fill everything:
- Trickster (bow, sword, magic?): this can fulfill typical archer and thief roles without having to get on a horse.
- General (lance, axe, armour): why the fuck don't we have an armour unit on foot? It's a staple of FE, and heavy armour+riding is an absurdly difficult thing to achieve (Ferdinand is the only one I believe). I'd rather have a General and no Great Knight tbh.
- Sentinel (lance, magic?): this can fill in a lance user on foot, give him faith proficiency and you have an healer on foot which is also missing
To complete it just give magic for Falcon Knights (as they basically always had, again wtf IS?) so we can have flying mages and we have every role. (and maybe unlock Gremory because why the hell is the only pure mage class locked?)

It's literally 3 classes more, and they're all classes and archetypes we already had, it just doesn't make sense that some form of this is not there.
Especially when we consider that there are just 9 Master Classes (3 of which are sex locked, and 2 of which (dknight and hknight) are the same thing), that's an awfully low number for a game that long.

tl;dr: I'd be curious to read about their development of the Master tier (I have a feeling the words "DLC" or "paywall" have something to do with it), because it doesn't make any sense to me, and it wouldn't take much to fix either.

4 minutes ago, HappyHawlucha. said:

It was soft confirmed by someone on Reddit who has played 3 Houses that Master Classes are miles beyond Advanced Classes stat wise; but I guess discounting and stuff can sorta make up for it a little bit but we don't know for sure that we know ALL of the Master Classes; but that's asking for a bit much at this point I think.

I am skeptical of this only because of the stat charts provided on the official Japanese website: https://www.nintendo.co.jp/switch/anvya/pc/class/details.html?id=28

The advanced classes are all reaching the maximum level on the chart and have run out of room to expand into.  Previously, each tier has stretched the maximum for any particular stat just a level further, but the ceiling was hit with Advanced classes.  I suspect that the master classes will have overall "better" stats, but that they will still be comparable to advanced classes.  For example, the Great Knight may have the defense and hp of the Fortress Knight, and the overall well rounded stats of the paladin in other areas while sharing their terrible speed.  So, it may be technically better, but not so much that it renders a paladin useless.  The Mortal Savant may take the speed and strength of the swordmaster and add on top a high magic stat to use reason with, but I suspect they will be comparable as sword users.

I could be off, but that is my hunch

10 minutes ago, jewangdebanji said:

I am skeptical of this only because of the stat charts provided on the official Japanese website: https://www.nintendo.co.jp/switch/anvya/pc/class/details.html?id=28

The advanced classes are all reaching the maximum level on the chart and have run out of room to expand into.  Previously, each tier has stretched the maximum for any particular stat just a level further, but the ceiling was hit with Advanced classes.  I suspect that the master classes will have overall "better" stats, but that they will still be comparable to advanced classes.  For example, the Great Knight may have the defense and hp of the Fortress Knight, and the overall well rounded stats of the paladin in other areas while sharing their terrible speed.  So, it may be technically better, but not so much that it renders a paladin useless.  The Mortal Savant may take the speed and strength of the swordmaster and add on top a high magic stat to use reason with, but I suspect they will be comparable as sword users.

I could be off, but that is my hunch

The counter argument is that they never released stat charts for T4 and never intended to, so if the chart was made only with T0-T3 in mind it makes sense to have T3 hit the top of the charts

Just now, colossus86 said:

The counter argument is that they never released stat charts for T4 and never intended to, so if the chart was made only with T0-T3 in mind it makes sense to have T3 hit the top of the charts

It's possible.  I guess I want to hold out hope that classes like Hero, Assassin, and Swordmaster can still be viable.  Mortal Savant is cool and all, but I don't know if it feels like a worthy replacement to all 3 of those.

6 minutes ago, jewangdebanji said:

It's possible.  I guess I want to hold out hope that classes like Hero, Assassin, and Swordmaster can still be viable.  Mortal Savant is cool and all, but I don't know if it feels like a worthy replacement to all 3 of those.

Yeah. No chance that it could be a worthy replacement. Not only does it focus on a different secondary weapon, with a different damaging stat, but it will likely also lack the Assassin's locktouch.

4 minutes ago, Etheus said:

Yeah. No chance that it could be a worthy replacement. Not only does it focus on a different secondary weapon, with a different damaging stat, but it will likely also lack the Assassin's locktouch.

That's another thing; apart from Ashe; you need to have an assassin on your squad even if the rest of the roster consists of Master Tier units.

43 minutes ago, timon said:

also the fact that they come at a later level and they're locked behind the timeskip pretty much destroys that possibility.

Isn't this statement clearly wrong though? In the video we can see both Lorenz and Bernadetta in their pre-timeskip designs in Great Knight and Bow Knight respectively. It's much more likely that he just didn't get round to unlocking them because if they weren't available, then how the hell is there footage of them. 

Edited by SpiceMan

Apparently not all the master tier classes were shown off in the IGN video, and that there's a small handful of other unique classes outside of them....what sort of stuff do you think we'll see outside of the main lord's promotions?

https://imgur.com/vG5OGCk

Edited by Dinar87

4 minutes ago, HappyHawlucha. said:

That's another thing; apart from Ashe; you need to have an assassin on your squad even if the rest of the roster consists of Master Tier units.

Possible that Pick Locks is the skill you earn from mastering Thief/Assassin. I wouldn't bank on it, but it's still on the table.

5 minutes ago, SpiceMan said:

Isn't this statement clearly wrong though? In the video we can see both Lorenz and Bernadetta in their pre-timeskip designs in Great Knight and Bow Knight respectively. It's much more likely that he just didn't get round to unlocking them because if they weren't available, then how the hell is there footage of them. 

That's likely a menu option to show classes or something like that (I remember it was there in Awakening), but we've seen multiple times that the advanced tab has a lock on it.

Now admittedly it could be that that lock doesn't represent the timeskip, but just the fact that something "unlocks" master tier while advanced is available makes it so master>advanced.

56 minutes ago, SpiceMan said:

That's easy, it's menu footage. They can easily render pre-time skip models onto Master Classes to avoid spoilers. So it's still a possibility.

Also, New Game+ could also unlock new options (aka: the ability to reach Master Classes pre-time skip). So it could be from that.

15 minutes ago, IzzyFresh said:

I just know that most fire emblem have 2 "class showcase" videos. It is possible that there are more story unlocked classes that are not character exclusives.

That would be really cool! I really hope that's the case.

1 hour ago, timon said:

That's likely a menu option to show classes or something like that (I remember it was there in Awakening), but we've seen multiple times that the advanced tab has a lock on it.

Now admittedly it could be that that lock doesn't represent the timeskip, but just the fact that something "unlocks" master tier while advanced is available makes it so master>advanced. 

We already now Professor Level is (one of?) the way to unlock it. That plus being the right level ofc.

So there are definitely softlocks, but we don't know about possible hard locks. Dancers may be hardlocked (not counting NG+), since they needs a specific item, and the Lords (+Byleth) Promotion are probably timeskip only. PLus maybe whatever other classes we don't know about yet.

3 hours ago, timon said:

I think we've seen that you just need Professor level C to unlock it, there is a picture somewhere of the lock being hovered over and it mentioning needing it. My bet is that they will be available school phase, just hard to get to and might require a focus on battling and levelling up at the weekends.

25 minutes ago, Marros said:

I gotta wonder given you unlock Master Classes at professor level C if there are more behind higher levels.

I doubt it considering master class actually appears on the class selection screen even before getting a c rank it’s just locked. However I wouldn’t be surprised if hidden classes like Dancer are (but I doubt there will be a whole other tier)

6 hours ago, MetalAmethyst said:

That would be really cool! I really hope that's the case.

I hope so too.

Because, I can kind of honestly agree with many others that the current list of Master classes is kind of lacking in variety. Heck, females who went through Brigand/Warrior have no options what so ever. And god forbid if you have a deficiency in riding or flying because then you're really screwed.