Master Classes Picture/Video

Nio

Just now, 0 Def Cleric said:

Does anyone have a deficiency in both flying AND riding, though? 

Dedue says hi (also Dorothea)

Edited by Azz

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, 0 Def Cleric said:

Ah. Dorothea's statted hard to be a Dancer, so that's fine, but oof for Dedue. 

Sounds like this suits Dedue's situation then:

1 hour ago, 0 Def Cleric said:

Ah. Dorothea's statted hard to be a Dancer, so that's fine, but oof for Dedue. 

Uff, even Raphael doesn't have problem as a flier xD

We still have to see the pass rate if we get the Axe and Armor requirements for Great Knight. Maybe it would be enough to pass (70% or so)

2 hours ago, Sentinel07 said:

Heck, females who went through Brigand/Warrior have no options what so ever.

Wyvern Lords? Thats what im doing with Petra and Edelgard.

Edited by Nio

3 hours ago, 0 Def Cleric said:

Does anyone have a deficiency in both flying AND riding, though? 

I think it’s Dedue who has both Riding and Flying weaknesses.  Raphael has a Riding weakness, but not a Flying one, meaning Wyvern Lord could salvage his potential Mov issues.

4 minutes ago, timon said:

Is it spoiler free? If not, could someone post here the requirements for the classes (just the ones we know of)?

I consider it spoiler because you're not suppose to know until you get to Prof Lvl C.

Not too hard to avoid spoilers in that linked post if you're aiming just for the class info at the end, but either way, here's the suggested ranks in text form rather than in images:

Spoiler

Falcon Knight: Sword - C / Lance - A / Flying - B+
Wyvern Lord: Lance - C / Axe - A / Flying - A

Great Knight: Axe - B+ / Hvy Armor - A / Riding - B+
Bow Knight: Lance - C / Bow - A / Riding - A
Dark Knight: Lance - C / Reason - B+ / Riding - A
Holy Knight: Lance - C / Faith - B+ / Riding - A

Gremory: Reason - A / Faith - A
Mortal Savant: Sword - A / Reason - B+
War Master: Axe - A / Brawl - A

Edit: No previously-unknown classes mentioned as far as I saw.

Edited by Radnar

Given the way leveling goes up, the difference between B+ and A is significant. Which should help you get to Falcon Knight and Great Knight slightly faster than the others (Falcon Knight because Peg Knight is a Intermediate Class, and Great Knight because requiring both Armor and Riding is rude). These are more or less, what I was expecting as requirements based on Bow Knight.

6 minutes ago, IzzyFresh said:

https://imgur.com/a/8iJZb6Z

Here is an album with all the master classes, requirements, and class skills

Thank you very much.

Nice how the colour scheme affects the class btw, makes it more personal, and Ferdinand's colours are amazing. The War Master in particular feels very Roman, shame that it requires A gauntlets (ew).

Also what the hell bowrange+2 on a horse, that thing is broken lol

Bow Knights are basically Gaiden/SoV level if they have Close Counter equipped on top of their abilities wow

Also I like how Falcon Knight only has a B+ requirement in Flying. It makes up for the fact there is no Pegasus Knight class in Advanced tier.

Anyone else fine the abilities rather underwhelming though? Maybe it's because most of them have canto, which takes away 1 option, but all they have is faires and stuff. I was hoping they might have some more unique abilities but maybe mastering the classes will get cool abilities.

So I'm looking at the numbers, the numbers (i assume) are total statlines? It's the most reasonable assumption on the numbers (as they've been doing this as promotions since... FE6?). It's hard to really divine anything on growths/values without knowing the levels of both units. Too many unaccounted for variables to really be sure of what to make of this.

Bow Knights seem really good with a +2 range. That's just- uncalled for.

Still would like to know what you get as abilities for mastering certain classes.

Yeah I'm pretty sure the number on the bottom is the difference between unit stat total and the base stat total of the class. That's the only thing that makes sense to me tbh.

3 hours ago, timon said:

The War Master in particular feels very Roman, shame that it requires A gauntlets (ew).

Maybe it only require you to get an A on one of the 2 weapons for a 100% success rate (like the brigand class).

As for the master class skills, to me that looks like more evidence that the difference between master & advanced won't be that big (if there's even any).

Edited by Modirufa6317

So i wonder, whats looking to be the best class, Bow Knight or Falcon Knight.

Lancefaire vs Bowfaire. Lances have 1-2 range, so no problem there. I guess better movement, but +2 range for the bow users looks really good.

Im thinking in what to make Bernadetta.

28 minutes ago, Nio said:

So i wonder, whats looking to be the best class, Bow Knight or Falcon Knight.

Lancefaire vs Bowfaire. Lances have 1-2 range, so no problem there. I guess better movement, but +2 range for the bow users looks really good.

Im thinking in what to make Bernadetta.

Easiest Route for Bernadetta is definitely Bow Knight.

I am still racking my brain on if I should make Ferdinand a Great Knight or a Wyvern Lord. He has strengths in Armor and Riding, but is that enough to offset the fact that there are 0 classes that specialize in Axes AND Riding? I'd like to avoid using an Armored Unit as much as possible.

I am honestly just annoyed that Paladins end up nowhere in the Master tier.

4 minutes ago, IzzyFresh said:

Easiest Route for Bernadetta is definitely Bow Knight.

I am still racking my brain on if I should make Ferdinand a Great Knight or a Wyvern Lord. He has strengths in Armor and Riding, but is that enough to offset the fact that there are 0 classes that specialize in Axes AND Riding? I'd like to avoid using an Armored Unit as much as possible.

I am honestly just annoyed that Paladins end up nowhere in the Master tier.

Yeah its bow knight but would Falcon Knight be a better class? I would say flyers are better than horses and Lances have nothing to envy to Bows.

I think i would make Ferdinand a Great Knight. We also need to remember that we dont need 100% pass rate to pass the exam. He can train Riding, Axes and Lances to B/A easy, then give a little time to armor. Master classes are lvl 30+ and from what we have seen, we can get 2-3 skills to a good level in the 20s. Wyvern Lords are probably better tho.

11 minutes ago, Nio said:

Yeah its bow knight but would Falcon Knight be a better class? I would say flyers are better than horses and Lances have nothing to envy to Bows.

I think i would make Ferdinand a Great Knight. We also need to remember that we dont need 100% pass rate to pass the exam. He can train Riding, Axes and Lances to B/A easy, then give a little time to armor. Master classes are lvl 30+ and from what we have seen, we can get 2-3 skills to a good level in the 20s. Wyvern Lords are probably better tho.

With Close Counter and Bowrange+2 a Bow Knight has the most flexible range with the highest mov (cavalry has more Mov than flyers, at least in previous tiers).

Now if you really need a flyer go ahead, but seen as Bernadetta has a hidden talent in Riding and already starts with a bow I'd say go Bow Knight, which for now looks to be by far the most relevant Master Class (unless Magic is broken). But keep in mind that this game gives us the chance to do whatever we want, unless you're looking to min max.

Good times for archers though, and it's about time, too.

Edited by timon

17 minutes ago, Nio said:

Maybe making Bernie a Falco Knight would not be a bad idea. You get a free archery student (Cyril) who can probably be a bow knight. This allows for:

Edelgard : Great Lord

Hubert: Dark Knight

Dorothea: Savant / Dancer

Ferdinand: Great Knight

Linhardt: Holy Knight

Bernadetta: Falco Knight

Casper: War Master

Petra: Wyvern Lord

Byleth: Professor?

Flayne: Gremory

Cyril: Bow Knight

This allows you to use every Master Class with minimal grinding for recruitment.

Edited by IzzyFresh

1 minute ago, IzzyFresh said:

Maybe making Bernie a Falco Knight would not be a bad idea. You get a free archery student (Cyril) who can probably be a bow knight. This allows for:

Edelgard : Great Lord

Hubert: Dark Knight

Dorothea: Savant / Dancer

Ferdinand: Great Knight

Linhardt: Holy Knight

Bernadetta: Falco Knight

Casper: War Master

Petra: Wyvern Lord

Byleth: Professor?

Flayne: Gremory

Cyril: Bow Knight

Yeah thats kinda what i want to do, but Edelgard would be a better Wyvern Lord for me. Do we know Cyril's strenghts?